Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,233 members, 7,818,782 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 03:05 AM

How Ijaws Used Naive Igbos To Wipe Their Political Arse! - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / How Ijaws Used Naive Igbos To Wipe Their Political Arse! (2981 Views)

'the Attempt To Wipe Out The Igbo Race By Buhari Shall Fail' - Femi Fani-kayode / I Don’t Think Buhari Is Naive - Alhassan Declares After Visiting Aso Rock / Homosexuals Throw Human Excrement At Christians, Wipe Their Anuses With Bible (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Ijaws Used Naive Igbos To Wipe Their Political Arse! by abduljabbar4(m): 10:57pm On Oct 19, 2015
mej67:
The Igbos don't have any problem with PDP's zoning 2019 arrangements.

Sen. Ike Ekweremmadu is arguably the highest office holder in PDP as the Deputy President of the Senate, and he is Igbo. He was part of the decision and it is a wise one. It is just a matter of winning strategy. With a northern candidate in PDP, the northern vote will be split and the Igbos will vote enbloc as usual.

Southwest is 50:50 that is why they initally started blaming the Igbos for their voting pattern of putting all the eggs in one basket. Igbos will do exactly the same thing 2019. That is why APC is worried.

We love Ijaws like our blood brother please.

Guys, it is not who is President that is the final goal. Igbos are in strong reckoning in Nigeria's politics of today and it will only increase. Take a good look at President Buhari's cabinet being cleared by the senate and you will see that the Igbos, instead of being punished are taking center stage once again.

Quote me, mainstream Igbos are not against the 2019 zoning by PDP. We are very happy with it, in fact.

You think theres any northerner that can stand against APC in the north? You are only talking based on assumptions but the reality is that we are done with pdp. Mukhtar ramalan yero is a northerner and el rufa'i is also a northerner but elrufa'i got about 1.3 million votes while yero only managed 400k votes. Same thing happened in other northern states Anyway till then...
Re: How Ijaws Used Naive Igbos To Wipe Their Political Arse! by DelticStephEn(f): 11:28pm On Oct 19, 2015
dinachi:
Another Igbo man who has willingly surrendered as an Ijaw s1ave! No single Igbo siezed property have been returned. The only thing they returned is foolishness. Igbos are now the gullible tribe.
clown
Are you still Alive.
I tot that You died long tym ago.
Re: How Ijaws Used Naive Igbos To Wipe Their Political Arse! by Nobody: 12:15am On Oct 20, 2015
naijaking1:
When easterners were massacred by forces indirectly supported by Gowon government, it was the Easter house of chiefs that urged Ojukwu to go to war. One of the Ijaw chiefs actually suggested the name Biafra as the name of the new eastern Nigeria nation. When the war actually started, Ijaws saw the advantages of switching sides. And they mostly did.
Carry forward to 2012, an Ijaw chief made himself the #1 adviser to GEJ, that same chief just denied that Gej was fit for the office last week.
Sounds familiar.
Ijaws are like bees and honey. They become your friend when they need your help, but discard you as soon as you lose relevance. The Ijaws have no permanent friend and no permanent enemy. They always want to remain in the centre at every means possible. Any wonder why they were the greatest ally of the north from the sixties till now. Ijaw leaders like Edwin Clark and others are good example. Igbos on the other hand are loyal to a fault. Just show them a little affection and they are ready to champion your cause. The typical Igboman is a free thinker and independent minded. They hate no one but only those who hate them. Igbos since the exit of Zik, are yet to understand how politics of interest is played in Nigeria. Many are not even bordered about this. But will you blame them? Not for once.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Ijaws Used Naive Igbos To Wipe Their Political Arse! by naijaking1: 1:16am On Oct 20, 2015
Chiwude:
Ijaws are like bees and honey. They become your friend when they need your help, but discard you as soon as you lose relevance. The Ijaws have no permanent friend and no permanent enemy. They always want to remain in the centre at every means possible. Any wonder why they were the greatest ally of the north from the sixties till now. Ijaw leaders like Edwin Clark and others are good example. Igbos on the other hand are loyal to a fault. Just show them a little affection and they are ready to champion your cause. The typical Igboman is a free thinker and independent minded. They hate no one but only those who hate them. Igbos since the exit of Zik, are yet to understand how politics of interest is played in Nigeria. Many are not even bordered about this. But will you blame them? Not for once.

Good points.
While the average Igbo man needs to remain true to himself, we need leaders who will always be Igbo and have the malleability to lead us to our rightful place in Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: How Ijaws Used Naive Igbos To Wipe Their Political Arse! by Nobody: 1:40am On Oct 20, 2015
naijaking1:

Good points.
While the average Igbo man needs to remain true to himself, we need leaders who will always be Igbo and have the malleability to lead us to our rightful place in Nigeria.
We need selfless leaders in the mould of Ojukwu, Che Guevera, Lincoln and Simon Boliver.

3 Likes

Re: How Ijaws Used Naive Igbos To Wipe Their Political Arse! by dinachi(m): 8:36am On Oct 20, 2015
DelticStephEn:

clown
Are you still Alive.
I tot that You died long tym ago.
Ijaw rotten puccy s1ave, is this your spirit? Cos I tot you have putrefied in your grave long time ago!
Re: How Ijaws Used Naive Igbos To Wipe Their Political Arse! by dinachi(m): 8:43am On Oct 20, 2015
Ijaws have mastered the art of use and dump and our gullible Igbo brothers have just fallen victim a second time. It is time we start looking out for ourselves before we start playing second fiddle to Ijaws.

1 Like

Re: How Ijaws Used Naive Igbos To Wipe Their Political Arse! by DelticStephEn(f): 9:57am On Oct 20, 2015
dinachi:

Ijaw rotten puccy s1ave, is this your spirit? Cos I tot you have putrefied in your grave long time ago!
hahaha.
I see how much you are pained.
I can see you dying slowly.
don't worry.
Biafra will come and then you can die finally and Rest in pieces
Re: How Ijaws Used Naive Igbos To Wipe Their Political Arse! by DelticStephEn(f): 10:00am On Oct 20, 2015
Chiwude:
dinachi.
did you just created another fake account.
you no go go chop your Amala and ewedu?.
kip deceiving yourself.
you will still created another thread when Biafra start making another strong wave
Re: How Ijaws Used Naive Igbos To Wipe Their Political Arse! by mightyhaze: 10:35am On Oct 20, 2015
dinachi:
Another Igbo man who has willingly surrendered as an Ijaw s1ave! No single Igbo siezed property have been returned. The only thing they returned is foolishness. Igbos are now the gullible tribe.
oboy wetin be ur own?r u igbo? Y take panadol 4 anoda man headache?? Leav d igbo man 2 his 'foolishness' n gullibility'. U aint better off dan dem,thank u!

2 Likes

Re: How Ijaws Used Naive Igbos To Wipe Their Political Arse! by Masterclass32: 11:50am On Oct 20, 2015
mej67:
Tomorrow is Sunday.

Let tomorrow be an Igbo-free day. A day Yorubas will focus on their own progress for once and leave Igbos alone.

Yoruba youths on Nairaland have zeroed in on Igbos like there is nothing else to discuss. This is clearly a sign of some malady (disease). Or is it acute inferiority complex?

Can someone, in the spirit of Igbo-free day tomorrow analyse how many times Igbo members of this forum has called out any other tribe.

Youths of O'dua land, there is the issue of falling education standards, unemployment, rampant thuggery, rape(no.1 zone in the country), ritual murder and human sacrifice, etc., plaguing your society. Please face it and leave the Igbos. You are retarding and stunting your progress by your over-focus on Igbos. Meanwhile, all those ttention has not succeeded in slowing them or anything down. Move on, dear brothers.

Lets observe Igbo-free day tomorrow please.

cheesy cheesy

Did they listen to you? I doubt it.

As per the topic, it is best ignored. A poor attempt at causing division between friends.
Re: How Ijaws Used Naive Igbos To Wipe Their Political Arse! by meccuno: 1:03pm On Oct 20, 2015
kingsolex:
I am proudly omo odua from osun but I am presently
living in the north,
An average Igbo being is arrogant, full of empty pride and
ego but as a psychologist I understand and live with
them but respond with fire when they cross my red line.
to be honest the eze ndi-igbo messed up in akure
incidence instead of him to respect the oba and lay low
for a while and pull strings while at it, he decided to turn
the deji of akure's levity to stupidity and the youths
decided to protect their culture/heritage their tradition
but instead of e-igbo warriors to correct their brothers
they seem to have deliberately, blindly toed the eze's
path.
The fact that you spit on a Yoruba man 7 times and he
did not react does not mean he is weak, we are peace
loving people but I can promise you one thing fear is not
in our dictionary but my Igbo brothers will see every calm
reaction as trait of weakness that's a wrong notion.
secondly the Igbo community pounced so hard on oba
akiolu during the last election I keenly followed and even
apologised on behalf of the oba, its not cause we are
weak it cause we are peaceful in nature need I remind
you no Yoruba man living and working in Onitsha will
insult the obi of Onitsha and go scot free but you Igbos
have such leverage why try to use is against us in Yoruba
land??
now the akure youths having observed you people are
rude kids that needs to be flogged to their right senses
you Igbos now play victims,
please to avoid another flogging... respect the Yoruba
culture, obas and laws then you will have nothing to
worry about,
cause now the igbos are painting a bad picture of them
on Yoruba minds. don't let other Yoruba's react ohh.
just an advice. God bless Nigeria.
wtf are you saying? The oba of lagos is not bigger than any other tribe.....his jurisdiction ends in lagos.....especially lagos island....what he did was insulting a whole tribe.......what he got was what he bargained for.......even as an oba, he should accord everybody with respect so that it would be accorded to him.......if obi of onistha who the yorubas always call, messes up, you accord him how he relates with you.......after all, tinubu abused all the obas in yo®Ùba land and u didn't kill him.....please let§ hear word
Re: How Ijaws Used Naive Igbos To Wipe Their Political Arse! by dinachi(m): 2:21pm On Oct 20, 2015
Masterclass32:

cheesy cheesy

Did they listen to you? I doubt it.

As per the topic, it is best ignored. A poor attempt at causing division between friends.
Ijaw s1ave how market na?
Re: How Ijaws Used Naive Igbos To Wipe Their Political Arse! by Yeske2(m): 3:02pm On Oct 20, 2015
Chiwude:
You just summarized it all, so many Igbos don't understand national politics.

1 Like

Re: How Ijaws Used Naive Igbos To Wipe Their Political Arse! by dinachi(m): 3:33pm On Oct 20, 2015
Yeske2:
You just summarized it all, so many Igbos don't understand national politics.
The most annoying thing is that we act as if we know what we are doing. I had expected many of our brothers to understand that the Ijaws have already moved on abandoning us. They have gone back to their original political friends in the north. You can imagine Edwin Clark their foremost leader throwing his weight behind Buhari, while most igbo leaders are still talking about Jonathan and PDP. Olisah Metuh is a very pathetic case in point.
Our people are too naive about national politics.
Re: How Ijaws Used Naive Igbos To Wipe Their Political Arse! by naso2(m): 3:45pm On Oct 20, 2015
Only politically naïve folks believed in the original PDP zoning that stipulated a rotation between NORTH and SOUTH.

There was never a plan to some day allow an ND or Igbo son control the affairs of the Nation. The body language when Ihejirika was made COAS tells it all. I hope someone understands.

The agitation in the ND had reached hyper levels and the "owners" of the establishment thought they needed to do something to give the ND some false sense of ownership, hence the choice of GEJ as running mate to Yar a dua. As fate would have it Yar a dua died and GEJ had to be sworn in. The happenings just before he died where the nation was rudderless for more than 3 months with a VP who had no clue of what was happening how much more acting in UMYA's stead , sums up the thinking .

Doctrine of necessity was invoked to protect business for the "owners" before things went bad, hence GEJ was made acting president although many questioned the legality then.

I don't want to be drawn into this argument as an IJAW man as one would simply be playing into the hands of the forces that seem too uncomfortable to have an entire bloc SS and SE being in the "opposition".

Was it right for GEJ to contest against the perceived zoning arrangement? I would say yes as even our SE brothers saw it as a risk worthwhile.

For the records Clarke as an Ijaw man , is not the voice of the IJAWS. As an elder he may have shown some "strong" support for GEJ then , which possibly for business/personal reasons he seems ready to switch to the govt of the day, but it does not tell the story that the average Ijaw man benefited much from GEJ's govt.

nuff said
Re: How Ijaws Used Naive Igbos To Wipe Their Political Arse! by dinachi(m): 8:15pm On Oct 20, 2015
Pls my people do not ever be taken in by Ijaw deception. God willing, this is the last time Ijaws will decieve our people.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Something Bigger Than Boko Haram / IK Idris A Nupe Man Is The New IGP / See The Crowd At Saraki Home For Just A Cup Of Rice And N200 (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.