Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,180 members, 7,818,565 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 06:54 PM

Majek Fashek@ Felabration: Dragging The Legend Back To Rehab - Celebrities (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Majek Fashek@ Felabration: Dragging The Legend Back To Rehab (45231 Views)

Majek Fashek's Performance In 1987 In Port Harcourt Stadium (Throwback Photos) / Majek Fashek Performs At COZA Christmas Carol In Abuja (Photos) / Majek Fashek Is Back, Leaves Rehab For The First Time (photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Majek Fashek@ Felabration: Dragging The Legend Back To Rehab by OKorowanta: 11:07pm On Oct 17, 2015
Well said
Re: Majek Fashek@ Felabration: Dragging The Legend Back To Rehab by ahamonyeka(m): 11:09pm On Oct 17, 2015
He is not suppose to go close any smoke or alcohol cos once he perceive it he would want to go back.

See how fresh he is looking thanks to ayiri.

Look at his teeth like gutter that need hard brush to scrub.
Re: Majek Fashek@ Felabration: Dragging The Legend Back To Rehab by Nobody: 11:10pm On Oct 17, 2015
Empress2014:
undecided
whats that suppose to mean?
Re: Majek Fashek@ Felabration: Dragging The Legend Back To Rehab by Nobody: 11:20pm On Oct 17, 2015
I still wonder why the government allows that Fela 'shrine' contraption to operate.

It has damaged a lot of young lives both males and females, that building should be put under a fuc.king lock and key.

Fela shrine kor, Anikulapo Rituals ni.

angry angry angry angry angry

2 Likes

Re: Majek Fashek@ Felabration: Dragging The Legend Back To Rehab by CASTOSVILLA(m): 11:21pm On Oct 17, 2015
costandi:

A mad man is already saying what he is seeing!!!
Have you listened closely to a mad man? No! try and see.
Re: Majek Fashek@ Felabration: Dragging The Legend Back To Rehab by costandi(m): 11:26pm On Oct 17, 2015
CASTOSVILLA:
Have you listened closely to a mad man? No! try and see.
grin grin grin
Re: Majek Fashek@ Felabration: Dragging The Legend Back To Rehab by Nobody: 11:26pm On Oct 17, 2015
drug use had made fashek age faster than normal.
Re: Majek Fashek@ Felabration: Dragging The Legend Back To Rehab by kitombo: 11:27pm On Oct 17, 2015
Abeg alcohol addiction sent Majek to rehab and not weed! Health wise, weed is good for recreation and a proven therapy for boosting appetite, trauma, hypertension etc. Weed is more effective in lowering high blood pressure than amlodipine and lisinoprin combined! Of course any substance abused, including food, will have adverse effects.

And that's why many sucessful professionals, musicians, politicians, academics etc smoke it sensibly over the years without repercussions.

1 Like

Re: Majek Fashek@ Felabration: Dragging The Legend Back To Rehab by HonAdeli(m): 11:34pm On Oct 17, 2015
Pray he doesn't go back to his weeds!!
Re: Majek Fashek@ Felabration: Dragging The Legend Back To Rehab by Kala11(m): 11:41pm On Oct 17, 2015
Re: Majek Fashek@ Felabration: Dragging The Legend Back To Rehab by Kala11(m): 11:42pm On Oct 17, 2015
Re: Majek Fashek@ Felabration: Dragging The Legend Back To Rehab by sukkot: 12:21am On Oct 18, 2015
ernesty20:
See his dirty teeth
na money go kill am

Re: Majek Fashek@ Felabration: Dragging The Legend Back To Rehab by stagger: 12:44am On Oct 18, 2015
ernesty20:
See his dirty teeth

That is caused by smoking crack cocaine through a pipe.
Re: Majek Fashek@ Felabration: Dragging The Legend Back To Rehab by Candybob(m): 12:45am On Oct 18, 2015
Majek
Re: Majek Fashek@ Felabration: Dragging The Legend Back To Rehab by Arabs999: 12:52am On Oct 18, 2015
Towncrier247:
Article written by journalist and PR expert Morakinyo Olugbiji. Enjoy...

So, we have all been happy for Nigerian Reggae legend, Majek Fashek after returning from many weeks of rehabilitation following his battle with drugs and alcohol addictions.

Thinking back to the heartbreaking situation the brilliant musician was in months back before respite came his way, I will never wish my number one enemy such.

Thanks to billionaire Ayiri Emami who is believed to have single-handedly taken it upon himself to foot the bill of whatever it took to get the rain-maker back to sanity, even when all his so called friends initially shied from him.

Ofcourse, many thanks also to the gentlemen of the press, especially Joseph Edgar who wrote that heartfelt article on his encounter with Majek Fashek who was then begging for 'Ogogoro' at Fadeyi.

However, the joy we are all currently experiencing over his rehabilitation may soon be cut short if Majek Fashek is not well guided by those close to him who are supposed to guard him jealously.

Majek Fashek had his come-back performance on Thursday at Felabration 2015 and the atmosphere was simply nostalgic!

I was held spell bound as he dishes some of his popular songs such as "Africa's Unity", "Majek Fashek In New York", "Send Down The Rain" and a few others that gave me serious goose bumps and almost moved me to tears.

Chai, addiction na bastard! I thought aloud! It's obvious the rain-maker still has his musical charms and I just couldn't help but imagine the huge talent that has all this years wasted away under the shackles of drug and alcohol addiction.

With the performance I saw that night, I can proudly say that the rain-maker is back; but for crying out loud, why in the whole world would someone think of bringing a Majek Fashek who is fresh out of the rehab to hang around and perform in a place like Fela's shrine which reeks of all the appearance of almost everything that landed him in the rehab in the first place?

It is common knowledge that addicts who just left treatment facilities are always advised to steer clear of environments and association that can trigger their cravings.

A lot of time in rehab is focused on preparing people for the move back home–a transition that can be a perilous one if the client is not careful because the learning is far from over; the toughest challenges lie ahead of them.

All the conditions that supported substance abuse may still be there, and the individual needs to be ready to face these.

Staying away from alcohol or drugs while in rehab is made as easy as possible only because the client is protected from temptation and the whole focus of the environment is on helping them beat their addiction.

However, going home means no longer having such favorable conditions to promote abstinence and any mistake to go back to the former lifestyle can end the person in a worse state than he or she was before checking in into the treatment facility.

Therefore, when the thick smoke of 'Mary Jane' that danced all over the air inside the African shrine that night at every sound of Majek Fashek forced me to leave the venue immediately after his performance, my thoughts were with him throughout my journey back home.

"They better get him out of that premises already or he will end up trying some wraps tonight," I thought to myself. And that's if they didn't actually offer him some that night, aside from the mass of the smoke from the air that must have saturated his system as he performed on that stage.

And you know what the doctors warn about second-hand smoking being worse than even the actual smoking!

I was like gosh! How can people be so careless with this man after all he has been through?

You wouldn't ignite a fire at a fuel station, so why take Majek Fashek to a place like the New Afrikan Shrine? Atleast not at this early stage of his post-rehabitation.

Here is deeply hoping that Majek Fashek's handlers will start being extremely careful and cautious henceforth so that (God forbid) they don't help him back to the rehab again..and that's if an Ayiri comes to his rescue this time around.

We know how long it took for someone to finally decide to do something about his plight!

Written by Morakinyo Olugbiji (Journalist/PR Expert)

http://www.splendormag.com/2015/10/majek-fashek-felabration-dragging.html

...May God bless U for this writeup ; and may He also bless the billionaire, Chief Ayiri for saving a Soul..

1 Like

Re: Majek Fashek@ Felabration: Dragging The Legend Back To Rehab by Nobody: 2:12am On Oct 18, 2015
The article writer is the type who thinks if someone smokes weed once in their life they will run mad. If the assumption was true then more than half of students who graduate from Nigerian universities would've run mad long ago.

The truth is you can't stop a man from smoking, however its very obvious it was not only marijuana, alcohol or a combination of both that made him mad. He obviously dabbled in stronger drugs which I doubt he'd come across at the felaberation event. One thing I've noticed is most Nigerians have an aversion to drugs stronger than marijuana, nicotine or alcohol, in that sense the hopes of finding cocaine and all sorts is diminished.

One should not worry about him coming to perform at a spot like this. If anything its better since he can see firsthand how foolish people on drugs behave. If he really wants to go back into drugs he would, no one can stop the inevitable.

Good luck to him on his recovery, I wish him well.

1 Like

Re: Majek Fashek@ Felabration: Dragging The Legend Back To Rehab by Essdee4christ: 4:21am On Oct 18, 2015
Brilliant piece. Hope the handlers would jealously lead him to total rehab. God bless the Warri billionaire Emani for this transformation.
Re: Majek Fashek@ Felabration: Dragging The Legend Back To Rehab by stchinedu: 4:38am On Oct 18, 2015
ernesty20:
See his dirty teeth
I have seen it...so? undecided
Re: Majek Fashek@ Felabration: Dragging The Legend Back To Rehab by abelee(m): 5:20am On Oct 18, 2015
If you have links with private secondary schools in your area, i will introduce you to a newly launched project called the ICT APPRENTICE CLUB which will earn you some money come January 2016. Inbox me for more details if interested or email: skymobilemultimedia@yahoo.com
Re: Majek Fashek@ Felabration: Dragging The Legend Back To Rehab by tete7000(m): 5:30am On Oct 18, 2015
gokay11:
Kole tan lara omo oba
...ko ma ku dansaki.

1 Like

Re: Majek Fashek@ Felabration: Dragging The Legend Back To Rehab by ernesty20(m): 6:56am On Oct 18, 2015
stchinedu:
I have seen it...so? undecided
nothing

1 Like

Re: Majek Fashek@ Felabration: Dragging The Legend Back To Rehab by ernesty20(m): 7:03am On Oct 18, 2015
stagger:

That is caused by smoking crack cocaine through a pipe.
chai and he refuses to leave it even when he's dying
Re: Majek Fashek@ Felabration: Dragging The Legend Back To Rehab by cruzyteejay(m): 7:04am On Oct 18, 2015
kitombo:
Abeg alcohol addiction sent Majek to rehab and not weed! Health wise, weed is good for recreation and a proven therapy for boosting appetite, trauma, hypertension etc. Weed is more effective in lowering high blood pressure than amlodipine and lisinoprin combined! Of course any substance abused, including food, will have adverse effects.

And that's why many sucessful professionals, musicians, politicians, academics etc smoke it sensibly over the years without repercussions.

see themundecided
Re: Majek Fashek@ Felabration: Dragging The Legend Back To Rehab by crazygod(m): 7:21am On Oct 18, 2015
Bad move by the handlers of majek fashek. infact i dnt think he can escape the use of alcohol and drugs if he still wanna be singing secular songs in events like this. I think Majek should give his life to God and switch to Gospel..... We need him there sef. I pray this happens soon.
Re: Majek Fashek@ Felabration: Dragging The Legend Back To Rehab by nosiebaba(m): 7:44am On Oct 18, 2015
I guess u were there too. A lot of rehab candidates in Nigeria
Re: Majek Fashek@ Felabration: Dragging The Legend Back To Rehab by Empress2014(f): 8:06am On Oct 18, 2015
motongs:
whats that suppose to mean?
just don't know what to say
Re: Majek Fashek@ Felabration: Dragging The Legend Back To Rehab by 400billionman: 8:13am On Oct 18, 2015
I will say the selfishness of his handlers.

They are using him to make money.

Where were these handlers when he was roaming the streets, smoking and drinking. ?
Re: Majek Fashek@ Felabration: Dragging The Legend Back To Rehab by billyG(m): 8:49am On Oct 18, 2015
Ha!ha!Y dem won make this were' man sing 4 them by all means.2 things must be involve either they want 2 make money out of him or they want him 2 make a fool of himself.
Re: Majek Fashek@ Felabration: Dragging The Legend Back To Rehab by timunstopable: 8:51am On Oct 18, 2015
Wrong cocaine is ready available at the shrine and every corner in Lagos

just have 2 know where 2 get it.The users are familiar with the couriers

charix:
The article writer is the type who thinks if someone smokes weed once in their life they will run mad. If the assumption was true then more than half of students who graduate from Nigerian universities would've run mad long ago.

The truth is you can't stop a man from smoking, however its very obvious it was not only marijuana, alcohol or a combination of both that made him mad. He obviously dabbled in stronger drugs which I doubt he'd come across at the felaberation event. One thing I've noticed is most Nigerians have an aversion to drugs stronger than marijuana, nicotine or alcohol, in that sense the hopes of finding cocaine and all sorts is diminished.

One should not worry about him coming to perform at a spot like this. If anything its better since he can see firsthand how foolish people on drugs behave. If he really wants to go back into drugs he would, no one can stop the inevitable.

Good luck to him on his recovery, I wish him well.
Re: Majek Fashek@ Felabration: Dragging The Legend Back To Rehab by timunstopable: 8:53am On Oct 18, 2015
I had the same thought when i saw him at the shine

Why bring him there so soon

Also i noticed his Rehab period was very short

why the hurry 2 bring him bk on Stage

Let him recover fully
Re: Majek Fashek@ Felabration: Dragging The Legend Back To Rehab by Revolva(m): 9:04am On Oct 18, 2015
What the writer is saying that legendary majek should not perform abi na so his situation bad reach....
Re: Majek Fashek@ Felabration: Dragging The Legend Back To Rehab by enomakos(m): 9:15am On Oct 18, 2015
Thank God for his life

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Halima Abubakar's Outfit To Davido's Concert That Stole The Spotlight / Funmilayo Ogunsola 'Ijewuru' Dies Of Heart Attack / Wizkid, 2Face And Other Stars Show Support For TV Host With Kidney Failure

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.