Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,063 members, 7,863,763 topics. Date: Tuesday, 18 June 2024 at 04:50 AM

Another Idolatory - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Another Idolatory (750 Views)

. / Catholics, CAN Blast Kumuyi For Callingchristmas Celebration Idolatory / Christmas Is IDOLATORY. Don't Celebrate It!- W.F. Kumuyi (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Another Idolatory by Nobody: 6:59pm On Apr 29, 2009
Who is she that cometh forth as the morning rising,fear as the moon, bright as the sun,terrible as army set in battle array.

Hail holy queen,mother of mercy, hail our lives our sweetness and our sweetness and our hope, to u do we cry poor banished children of eve, to u do we sent up our sigh, mourning and weeping,in this valley of maybe tears turn thy eyes of mercy unto us, and after this exile, show unto us the blessed fruit of ur womb jesus, o clement, o loving, o sweet virgin mary.

imagine theyve led many asray through this,thank God am out of this
Re: Another Idolatory by Omenuko(m): 3:53pm On Apr 30, 2009
@Uplawal, Greetings,

Why do you consider what you posted idolatry?  Can you break down the prayer you posted and give biblical reasons of why you think its wrong. For those who may not know, the poem uplawal posted is in regards to the Blessed Virgin Mary and to her son and Lord, Jesus Christ.  It seems like you were not grounded in your faith (I'm presuming you were Catholic) and am saddened that you left the Church, but if you are stronger in faith and love for Christ in your current journey, then we thank God. I'm Catholic myself. The below is a poem that was written by a daughter to her mother (Mother's day and all); would you consider it idolatry?

Super Mom

Mom, you're a wonderful mother,
So gentle, yet so strong.
The many ways you show you care
Always make me feel I belong.

You're patient when I'm foolish;
You give guidance when I ask;
It seems you can do most anything;
You're the master of every task.

You're a dependable source of comfort;
You're my cushion when I fall.
You help in times of trouble;
You support me whenever I call.

I love you more than you know;
You have my total respect.
If I had my choice of mothers,
You'd be the one I'd select!

By Joanna Fuchs
Re: Another Idolatory by Nobody: 4:44pm On Apr 30, 2009
Omenuko:

@Uplawal, Greetings,

Why do you consider what you posted idolatry? Can you break down the prayer you posted and give biblical reasons of why you think its wrong. For those who may not know, the poem uplawal posted is in regards to the Blessed Virgin Mary and to her son and Lord, Jesus Christ. It seems like you were not grounded in your faith (I'm presuming you were Catholic) and am saddened that you left the Church, but if you are stronger in faith and love for Christ in your current journey, then we thank God. I'm Catholic myself. The below is a poem that was written by a daughter to her mother (Mother's day and all); would you consider it idolatry?

Super Mom

Mom, you're a wonderful mother,
So gentle, yet so strong.
The many ways you show you care
Always make me feel I belong.

You're patient when I'm foolish;
You give guidance when I ask;
It seems you can do most anything;
You're the master of every task.

You're a dependable source of comfort;
You're my cushion when I fall.
You help in times of trouble;
You support me whenever I call.

I love you more than you know;
You have my total respect.
If I had my choice of mothers,
You'd be the one I'd select!

By Joanna Fuchs
u can see for yourself that the one i wrote up there is totally different from the poem below, if u don't know, was born a catholic,comfirmed,but thank God the truth is known other than lies, is it the church that don't carry bible to church i wanna start going or the church that is full of politics, bow down to status, burning candles like hell,don't even praise God only to stand and listen to AVE MARIA HYMN supported by the piano and make the whole place dead like graveyard,most people even sleep during the gospel imagine!

To let u know the above is prayers, an act of worship,and is said alltimes compared to the poem below which the writer just simply honour her or his mother.
Re: Another Idolatory by Omenuko(m): 5:22pm On Apr 30, 2009
@uplawal,

u can see for yourself that the one i wrote up there is totally different from the poem below, if u don't know, was born a catholic,comfirmed,but thank God the truth is known other than lies, is it the church that don't carry bible to church i wanna start going or the church that is full of politics, bow down to status, burning candles like hell,don't even praise God only to stand and listen to AVE MARIA HYMN supported by the piano and make the whole place dead like graveyard,most people even sleep during the gospel imagine!

To let u know the above is prayers, an act of worship,and is said alltimes compared to the poem below  which the writer just simply honour her or his mother.

I understand you disagree with the prayer (which by the way is not obligatory for Catholics to pray), but can you better explain why you feel the prayer is not biblical.  In other words, point out parts of the prayer that are anti-biblical and provide biblical verses to buttress your point.  I'm in no way trying to be antagonistic.  At one point, I to had reservations about this prayer, but as I grew in my faith and got rid of alot of Jevoha's Witness (JW) doctrine, I began to realize the beauty in the prayer (I used to attend a JW bible fellowship growing up).
Re: Another Idolatory by Nobody: 10:47pm On Apr 30, 2009
uplawal:

To let u know the above is prayers, an act of worship,and is said alltimes compared to the poem below which the writer just simply honour her or his mother.

@omenuko
theres no point using the bible to clarify it because the devilish chant i call it is not bible based but man made, and did God made her queen and mother of mercy?no, so in what way is she merciful?no one is merciful except God ALMIGHTY, so i would implore u to pls get me verses in the bible to make me and others understand why we should attribute those to her by worshipping
Re: Another Idolatory by babs787(m): 11:22am On May 01, 2009
@Uplawal

From your post, I learnt that we both came from Christianity and accepted Islam after realizing the truth. You have my email address so that we talk more. I have posted my reversion story on NL and would like to have yours maybe in this my mail box tundebabs787@yahoo.com. Looking forward to receiving your mail.
Re: Another Idolatory by Nobody: 11:40am On May 01, 2009
Did you know that not all churches accept the whole pray-to-Mary thing?
Re: Another Idolatory by Lagosboy: 12:59pm On May 01, 2009
babs bro

where re u based by the way, Nigeria or outside ?
Re: Another Idolatory by Omenuko(m): 1:14pm On May 01, 2009
@uplawal,

theres no point using the bible to clarify it. . .

You claim that we (Catholics) worship Mary (I'm assuming you would likewise level the same claim on us for our revernce towards the other saints) and give Mary praise only given to God.  I posted a poem that likewise gives the mother of the author of the poem praise and honor similar to the 'Hail Holy Queen' excerpt you posted.  You find nothing wrong with the poem.  I asked that you show me how the prayer is wrong using the bible and you sit there talking out your backside.  Well, your above response shows that you are not serious.  Another question:  While growing up in the US, we recited the 'Pledge of Allegiance' everyday in school before starting the day.  Would you consider this pledge anti-biblical (see below, note the boldened part):

I pledge allegiance to the flag of the United States of America and to the republic for which it stands: one nation under God, indivisible, with liberty and justice for all.

(1) (Reply)

Africans, Why Are You Christian? / Breaking The Bondage Of Decay / Is The Story About Creation Spurious?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.