Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,093 members, 7,814,827 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 08:29 PM

Different Sets Of People We Find In Church. - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Different Sets Of People We Find In Church. (650 Views)

Different Kinds Of People You Will Meet In Nigerian Churches (Meme Collection) / ATM Mobile Sets Spotted In Church (photo) / 10 Types Of People We Meet After Church Dismissal (hilarious) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Different Sets Of People We Find In Church. by BobbyDean(m): 7:29am On Oct 18, 2015
As a Christian, I believe the primary reason God created man is for his own glorification only. Therefore as human, we owe it to God to always praise Him in every human possible way
Some believe they can do the aforementioned by being in a gathering of individuals 'supposedly with the same motive': the church. It is no suprise we find a great number of Christians marching to their place of worship on days chosen as Sabbath(Saturdays or Sundays). This aroused my curiousity and subsequently led me to the questions:
1. Are all these people really going to worship God?
2. With all these 'believers', how come the world is like this?
From my little research and observation, i have been able to catogorise these 'church goers' into;
1. The 'bless me Father' group: as the name implies, they want to be rich and believe only God can help them. These are technically broke individuals who want miracles to occur in their lives. Whether they have a fertile ground for miracle to grow on is another discussion. It's not suprising to see these individuals drift away from church once their prayers are answered.
2. The seekers: they are particularly in church for one need. Contractors, single women and men, politicians, students, barren women amongst other belong here. They also end up being the 'testifiers'.
3. The show-offs: yes! They are in church to stimulate the strong and make the weak sad. They come to church in fancy cars, look dapper in their outfits that you almost wonder if it's a church or party. There's nothing wrong in looking good to church, but it's different from showing off.
4. The hunters: this group is exclusively reserved for the playa-playaz. They want girls, in every chapel if possible. The stroll in rather late wearing their fragrance and just settle for the back seat. Guyz. I hail o.
5. The tamed beasts: these are young people who go to church because their dad is the Pastor or compelled to be in the choir. They're not really into the church thing inately. They are the type that gain admission into the uni, come back home and you would barely recognise them.
6. The 'give unto God what is God's ' group: these are my favourite. Not doubt they are worldly people but they try not to miss church, maybe to make restitution for the week's worldliness. They hit the club on Friday night and party like it's 99 but make every effort to hit the church on Sunday. Funny right?
7. The 'believers': finally, someone is going to church to worship God only. It's so unfortunate that i have only met few, @ least from my own conviction. These people try to always live by Godly conducts all their life and i think it's admirable.
Note:the groups are based on writer's judgements and perceptions. On no grounds are readers compelled to agree. Thanks for reading!
Re: Different Sets Of People We Find In Church. by managermahmud: 7:31am On Oct 18, 2015
8. Those that go to church to sleep lipsrsealed
Meanwhile, u 4got to mention lalasticlala grin
That's d trend for every op now
Re: Different Sets Of People We Find In Church. by Gibsonworld05(m): 7:32am On Oct 18, 2015
Lemme get plastic chair first
Re: Different Sets Of People We Find In Church. by Nobody: 7:36am On Oct 18, 2015
kkkkkkkkkk
Re: Different Sets Of People We Find In Church. by Beesluv: 7:48am On Oct 18, 2015
So when pastor was preaching, you were monitoring people
Re: Different Sets Of People We Find In Church. by realtestament(m): 7:52am On Oct 18, 2015
9: The 'Phone chargers' some come to church with their personal socket. grin
Re: Different Sets Of People We Find In Church. by ADULTBASE(m): 7:53am On Oct 18, 2015
Oya mi lenu oo/i wonder o
Beesluv:
So when pastor was preaching, you were monitoring people
Re: Different Sets Of People We Find In Church. by hyfr(m): 8:26am On Oct 18, 2015
What of people that come to charge phone?

(1) (Reply)

Terrorist Women In Heaven “will Have A Man With A Pen*s That Never Bends”-cleric / Starbucks Repulsive Advert Mocking Jesus / What Is The Trinity?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.