Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,255 members, 7,818,875 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 07:03 AM

Vaccines Timetable! Experienced Breeders, Please Come In. - Pets - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Pets / Vaccines Timetable! Experienced Breeders, Please Come In. (3630 Views)

Please, Where Can I Get DHLPP Vaccines Around Festac Or Its Environs? / Thread For Rottweiler Lovers /breeders (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Vaccines Timetable! Experienced Breeders, Please Come In. by yommen: 12:29pm On Oct 18, 2015
Hi Petlanders, I am new to this section and also inexperienced pet keeper. In fact, my previous dog, Sasha died of Pavo Virus due to my lackadaisical attitude and inexperience. I have now bought another dog, in short two but I feel its high time we had a place to discuss vaccines and time to administer them. By the way, I know some breeders that administer these vaccines on their pets themselves including injection. I have seen vets inject dogs in many cases but I feel we need the timetable of vaccines to give to dogs including the brand names and at what age?

So, experienced breeders, please, advise the upcoming ones. I decided to attach the list of previously administered vaccines.

Re: Vaccines Timetable! Experienced Breeders, Please Come In. by aguizm(m): 8:17pm On Oct 18, 2015
Please shed more light on this parvo virus. Do dogs contract it from fellow dogs or dirty environment?
Can a dog that's always indoors and doesn't mix with other dogs at risk of the virus?
Re: Vaccines Timetable! Experienced Breeders, Please Come In. by arcbay(m): 9:21pm On Oct 18, 2015
I wouldn't advice you to inject ur dogs urself...There are many vets around, so why do it urself. There are a lot of drugs, some requires intravascular injection, some subcutaneous amongst others...

Before u attempt injecting ur dogs, u need more experience, definitely not now...
Re: Vaccines Timetable! Experienced Breeders, Please Come In. by Apitch(m): 12:38pm On Oct 20, 2015
Ur vaccines are ok for now but I noticed a 2months 1week gap between the first dose and the second which should have been one month but that's by the way
Vaccines are given trice between the ages of 4-6weeks to 3months (i.e one every month) and that's for the DHLPP(tripple as fondly called). A booster dose is repeated yearly but this time it's just a dose
Next is the anti-rabies which is given at 6months or above and repeated yearly too
That's all I know for now

1 Like

Re: Vaccines Timetable! Experienced Breeders, Please Come In. by Prodeegee(m): 5:36pm On Oct 20, 2015
I dnt knw hw effect provac is. Id recommend forte dodge.

Puppies get immunisation from their parents milk which lasts till week 6 or 8.

Each vaccine lasts for 2wks in the puppy.

Recommendations are 6wks, 8wks and 10wks or 8wks, 10, and 12 wks.

ARV follows at 6mnths and repeated yearly.

AGUIZM...one thing ive noticed with
Re: Vaccines Timetable! Experienced Breeders, Please Come In. by Youngk9(m): 7:33pm On Oct 20, 2015
aguizm:
Please shed more light on this parvo virus. Do dogs contract it from fellow dogs or dirty environment?
Can a dog that's always indoors and doesn't mix with other dogs at risk of the virus?

parvo virus kills pups and adult dogs can have the virus but it wount harm them but once it comes in contact with a pup it transfers the virus and mind you the virus can aswell stick to the environment till its fumigated.

(1) (Reply)

Graphic; Snake Nearly Bite Me In Toilet (picture) / Meet “the Kakapo” The Most Useless Bird On The Planet / Zimbabwe's Most Famous Lion Found Decapitated Outside National Park (Pictures)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.