Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,596 members, 7,809,156 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 01:52 AM

Read What This Tanzanian Has To Say About Linda Ikeji Acquiring A Mansion - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Read What This Tanzanian Has To Say About Linda Ikeji Acquiring A Mansion (3883 Views)

Fan Talk About Linda Ikeji Engagement Ring On Instagram / Tspize Buys A Mansion To Celebrate His Birthday (Photos) / Deji Adeleke Buys 2017 Bentley & A Mansion In Atlanta As His 60th Birthday Gift (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Read What This Tanzanian Has To Say About Linda Ikeji Acquiring A Mansion by joshua8016: 4:23pm On Oct 18, 2015
[img]http://3.bp..com/-nL8YvCrckCU/ViO1NIzt1hI/AAAAAAAAB0o/ic9au9-QKp8/s1600-r/Linda%252BIkeji%252BMansion%252Bkokovibes.jpg[/img]

I love Linda Ikeji's hustle and me self Na hustler but I read this on BN. A foreigner'<center></center> observation about Nigerians. It's so true. We have become so materialistic that other values are no longer regarded apart from money. If you don't have money then you are nothing. If you have money and even have the worst character, people will still praise you.

Same thing I thought! A house in Toronto that goes for 2.5million looks a lot better than this. Maybe it just needs a little touch up. To be sincere and frank I never knew houses in Nigeria could even cost that much. I really do
want to ask an honest question though, why does this Linda inspire people? Is it because she’s a great blogger or because she has made money from blogging or because she has a nice personality or admirable character? It’s just a question. I truly intend no offence. I’m Tanzanian, visited Nigeria a few times and schooled with a lot of Nigerians back in the GTA both high school and UofT. I love their vibe and they are the best people to be around BUT I notice they place so much emphasis on money
and materialism. Back in the days when we were in grade 11 and 12, and we wrote essays and articles on inspiration, success and role models, Almost, infact every Nigerians’ role
model was on Forbes list or some type of rich list. Their articles always had this tone of underscoring wealth and equating it to success.This character is still very much prevalent. Very different from how I was raised from preschool.Is money the only motivating factor for Nigerians? Is one only successful in your country when they have or make money no matter how legitimate or not? This was supposed to be a question but it has turned into an observation. I hope nobody gets offended, that is not my intent. I have heard of this lady a few times on some platform and the emphasis of any news concerning her is always how much she’s worth, everytime, either subtly
or conspicuously, that is always apparent theme. I’m sure she does other things like volunteering and charity or some other nice civic duty that does not relate to her wealth,
but that never makes for traffic in the Nigerian news sphere I guess. The get rich syndrome is what has driven so many Africans not just Nigerians to step on the faces of other Africans
just to be at the top and be praised or admired for having made it. A conclusion reached when new bank accounts are opened. A wish her more fulfilling years as a blogger. I hope she
uses her platform to get to people if she hasn’t and more people if she has. That is what I was brought up to admire as success and you really don’t need the minty coloured notes to do that. Same for we all. Wanting more is no the problem. On the contrary we all need money one way or another to survive. The problem comes in when that’s an individual’s strive in life. My comment is just what it is, my opinion.
It shouldn’t be taken personally as an affront of any sort.

Article Written By Ccidi RH

Source ++ http://www.thenaij.com/2015/10/read-what-this-tanzanian-has-to-say.html?m=1

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Read What This Tanzanian Has To Say About Linda Ikeji Acquiring A Mansion by kinibigdeal(m): 4:25pm On Oct 18, 2015
Well
Re: Read What This Tanzanian Has To Say About Linda Ikeji Acquiring A Mansion by trapQ: 4:28pm On Oct 18, 2015
true.
Re: Read What This Tanzanian Has To Say About Linda Ikeji Acquiring A Mansion by demmy0325(m): 4:30pm On Oct 18, 2015
Re: Read What This Tanzanian Has To Say About Linda Ikeji Acquiring A Mansion by ayomide74: 4:35pm On Oct 18, 2015
undecided

Fourth to commentus tongue undecided

Fourth to commentus
Re: Read What This Tanzanian Has To Say About Linda Ikeji Acquiring A Mansion by DonaldGenes(m): 5:59pm On Oct 18, 2015
Aptly said,
Addendum- Oh well, iMust add, that the sole reason why things are so made so costly is because of the strong propensity for money sharp mostly by the 'Igbos'. It's so Strong.
However, I am just saying cos if you go to most other part of the country as in.,
In Yoruba, things are relatively cheap
In the North, things are also cheap

In the south-south where iBelong-because of the influx of "few igbos" which makes us affected, hence, things are made expensive in this Niger Delta

Note; I am not disrespecting any tribe, just saying how it is.#Raw

2 Likes

Re: Read What This Tanzanian Has To Say About Linda Ikeji Acquiring A Mansion by 2sex(m): 6:43pm On Oct 18, 2015
lalasticlala
Re: Read What This Tanzanian Has To Say About Linda Ikeji Acquiring A Mansion by Richiy(f): 7:10pm On Oct 18, 2015
DonaldGenes:
Aptly said,
Addendum- Oh well, iMust add, that the sole reason why things are so made so costly is because of the strong propensity for money sharp mostly by the 'Igbos'. It's so Strong.
However, I am just saying cos if you go to most other part of the country as in.,

In the south-south where iBelong-because of the influx of "few igbos" which makes us affected, hence, things are made expensive in this Niger Delta

What you just posted can start an e-fight. A foreigner identified a problem with that cuts across all parts Nigeria and the first thing to do is to attribute it to one tribe.

I could point out flaws in your argument but I will not so that peace can reign. You know that Nairaland has a tribal issue. We, that are in neither faction by choice should try to make a bridge for tolerance, not to start another e-fight.

10 Likes

Re: Read What This Tanzanian Has To Say About Linda Ikeji Acquiring A Mansion by Nobody: 7:46pm On Oct 18, 2015
Money
Re: Read What This Tanzanian Has To Say About Linda Ikeji Acquiring A Mansion by Stanleyafam(m): 8:00pm On Oct 18, 2015
Yes we abt the money
Re: Read What This Tanzanian Has To Say About Linda Ikeji Acquiring A Mansion by Nobody: 8:01pm On Oct 18, 2015
d country is a poor country so wat do u expect, nigerians will always be motivated by money. case study: nigerians guys n girls in their youthful ages n our politicians. the govt isnt helping matters also. theres no inspiration to emulate the character of an important figure in the society because the society is full of deceitful persons, fraudsters, liars etc. its only money people depend on.
Re: Read What This Tanzanian Has To Say About Linda Ikeji Acquiring A Mansion by jaelz(m): 8:11pm On Oct 18, 2015
money stops bullshit man
Re: Read What This Tanzanian Has To Say About Linda Ikeji Acquiring A Mansion by Tallesty1(m): 9:31pm On Oct 18, 2015
DonaldGenes:
Aptly said,

I salute your stupidity.

7 Likes

Re: Read What This Tanzanian Has To Say About Linda Ikeji Acquiring A Mansion by Masterclass32: 9:36pm On Oct 18, 2015
Tallesty1:
I salute your stupidity.

^^

cheesy cheesy
Re: Read What This Tanzanian Has To Say About Linda Ikeji Acquiring A Mansion by alexov(m): 10:06pm On Oct 18, 2015
This Tanzanian is so on point. If it's a female then I'm in love. With such values e be like say I go marry from Tanzania o

1 Like

Re: Read What This Tanzanian Has To Say About Linda Ikeji Acquiring A Mansion by Holywizard: 10:06pm On Oct 18, 2015
May God bless that Tanza girl. I'm even tired of hearing that a prostitute bought an estate with her ashawo money!

1 Like

Re: Read What This Tanzanian Has To Say About Linda Ikeji Acquiring A Mansion by sarmiie(m): 10:14pm On Oct 18, 2015
Tallesty1:
I salute your stupidity.

Best response.....chop knuckle
Re: Read What This Tanzanian Has To Say About Linda Ikeji Acquiring A Mansion by Ucheosefoh(m): 10:26pm On Oct 18, 2015
DonaldGenes:
Aptly said,

Your foolishness is legendary

2 Likes

Re: Read What This Tanzanian Has To Say About Linda Ikeji Acquiring A Mansion by flames007(m): 11:06pm On Oct 18, 2015
DonaldGenes:
Aptly said,

grin grin guy u don suffer o! but wetin u sef talk naw no too make sense.you can prove a point without being tribalistic.THANKS!

1 Like

Re: Read What This Tanzanian Has To Say About Linda Ikeji Acquiring A Mansion by flames007(m): 11:06pm On Oct 18, 2015
DonaldGenes:
Aptly said,

grin grin guy u don suffer o! but wetin u sef talk naw no too make sense.you can prove a point without being tribalistic.
Re: Read What This Tanzanian Has To Say About Linda Ikeji Acquiring A Mansion by padeolu: 11:12pm On Oct 18, 2015
Bullshit! make money or die beefing :/
Re: Read What This Tanzanian Has To Say About Linda Ikeji Acquiring A Mansion by Mogenerous(f): 11:13pm On Oct 18, 2015
I must confess that write up got to me and I think my point of view about success has changed tonight... GOD BLESS THE WRITER

3 Likes

Re: Read What This Tanzanian Has To Say About Linda Ikeji Acquiring A Mansion by GMan650(m): 11:16pm On Oct 18, 2015
Shoro niyen. We all know Tanzania is a poor country and I heard Diamond Platinumz' worth is more than that of his country so WTF is she saying. Na because say dem no get money for the country. If she was invited to sleep for just 2days in that house she'll forget all their values. Here in Naija, owo ni koko; Money supercedes all our values. Even our kings sold their kinsmen to the whites for money and other valuables. It's only in Naija you'll see someone that's not in the royal lineage becoming king all because he's stinkingly rich. So what are we saying 'Na money sure pass', that's the reason we are hustling, we ain't hustling cos of values.
Re: Read What This Tanzanian Has To Say About Linda Ikeji Acquiring A Mansion by MsBliss(f): 12:08am On Oct 19, 2015
Ask them oo
Re: Read What This Tanzanian Has To Say About Linda Ikeji Acquiring A Mansion by Benoxvals(m): 12:49am On Oct 19, 2015
our future scares D shit outta me...we only talk about money and oil without having anything to show for it.Nigeria has absolutely nothing to contribute to the growth of the world...No scientific discoveries,No sophisticated manufacturing et....we have been parasite for over 70 years now.

1 Like

Re: Read What This Tanzanian Has To Say About Linda Ikeji Acquiring A Mansion by Olamitisoji(m): 12:54am On Oct 19, 2015
Common Sense is what this Tanzanian has given our celebrities in Nigeria...

2 Likes

Re: Read What This Tanzanian Has To Say About Linda Ikeji Acquiring A Mansion by 4stylz: 1:43am On Oct 19, 2015
GMan650:
Shoro niyen. We all know Tanzania is a poor country and I heard Diamond Platinumz' worth is more than that of his country so WTF is she saying. Na because say dem no get money for the country. If she was invited to sleep for just 2days in that house she'll forget all their values. Here in Naija, owo ni koko; Money supercedes all our values. Even our kings sold their kinsmen to the whites for money and other valuables. It's only in Naija you'll see someone that's not in the royal lineage becoming king all because he's stinkingly rich. So what are we saying 'Na money sure pass', that's the reason we are hustling, we ain't hustling cos of values.

Shut up and listen when adults talk

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Read What This Tanzanian Has To Say About Linda Ikeji Acquiring A Mansion by killzone(m): 5:28am On Oct 19, 2015
We are still on this house stuff till now, Linda see what u caused
Re: Read What This Tanzanian Has To Say About Linda Ikeji Acquiring A Mansion by Abigail09(f): 5:56am On Oct 19, 2015
WOW! For someone to take time to write all dis abt another person's possession;its really serious. I smell beef. Its so unnecessary. Abeg free Linda o
Re: Read What This Tanzanian Has To Say About Linda Ikeji Acquiring A Mansion by ruggedtimi(m): 6:34am On Oct 19, 2015
DonaldGenes:
Aptly said,

wat d f*ck...why did u mention "igbo" nd called north wat happnd to hausa, fulani. M an ijaw man nd tribalism is a virus!!!. ..today goto bayelsa nothing to show for, all the money state has made in 15yrs nothing because our leaders to like money.
Re: Read What This Tanzanian Has To Say About Linda Ikeji Acquiring A Mansion by Nobody: 6:38am On Oct 19, 2015
Linda Linda everywhere!
Re: Read What This Tanzanian Has To Say About Linda Ikeji Acquiring A Mansion by thelastmediator: 9:04am On Oct 19, 2015
What the writer of the article wrote is so true. we are becoming materialistic and superficial in this part of the world.
People will go as far as committing crimes just to acquire wealth and this has nothing to with ethnic group. it's the present way of thinking.
We need total reorientation in this country,. There's more to life than silver and gold.

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Gospel Singers Adegbodu Twins Keyboardist Escapes Death / Wizkid Calls Popular Singer, The Weeknd A Fraud For Naming His Album 'starboy' / Choi!! Make-up Gone Wild | What De Heck Is This?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.