Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,051 members, 7,828,699 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 01:06 PM

Nigerian Artistes Form, But In Reality They Are Broke - Davido - Celebrities (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Nigerian Artistes Form, But In Reality They Are Broke - Davido (42003 Views)

Headies: Davido Calls Out Nigerian Artistes; Dedicates Award To Family & Chioma / Top 5 Nollywood Actors Who Have Come Out To Say They Are Broke - Torimill / Five Most Overrated Nigerian Artistes (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Artistes Form, But In Reality They Are Broke - Davido by Ignyte(m): 8:14pm On Oct 18, 2015
See common Davido o.. When Airforce1 started advertising and promotion on Nairaland where was Davido??

Nairaland, population is bigger than some countries. Ma guy Airforce1 is even more famous than Davido because na Nairaland Celeb him be.

In the end what am I saying?

If Davido cannot conquer Nairaland like Airforce1 he should go to the music thread let them show him kills and stop hiding on twitter

*Slams phone*
Re: Nigerian Artistes Form, But In Reality They Are Broke - Davido by kuzee(m): 8:15pm On Oct 18, 2015
show some respect boy

Get your Casio asio Edifice difice, Diesel and Armani at an affordable price,visit link at signature
Re: Nigerian Artistes Form, But In Reality They Are Broke - Davido by cbaba: 8:27pm On Oct 18, 2015
'artiste' not 'artist'

#Justincase #uneverknow
Re: Nigerian Artistes Form, But In Reality They Are Broke - Davido by cruzyteejay(m): 8:28pm On Oct 18, 2015
Like seriously,i hate this guy from the yansh of my heart,i see everything he does as childish and classless which he is,a kid tho,anyway he is always an opposition,and he displays insecurity in the highest form
Re: Nigerian Artistes Form, But In Reality They Are Broke - Davido by samscholes: 8:41pm On Oct 18, 2015
IamMissMarvel:
Coming from a spoiled brat who had it easy.

These artistes he is washing worked hard to get their money.

The least he can do is show some respect
God bless u,may u live long.
Re: Nigerian Artistes Form, But In Reality They Are Broke - Davido by caprini1: 8:46pm On Oct 18, 2015
CivilzedTyger:
Turtle head are u their manager, how come u knw they aint gat a damn in their account?
Finallyyyyyyyy.......someone shares my view,that the dude looks like one of the NINJA TURTLES. cheesy
Re: Nigerian Artistes Form, But In Reality They Are Broke - Davido by Themandator: 8:50pm On Oct 18, 2015
Sunexy:

I av seen airforce1 on TV o...d guy is abt 2 hit limelight
grin

Sunlight nkor
Re: Nigerian Artistes Form, But In Reality They Are Broke - Davido by Whynotthetruth(m): 8:56pm On Oct 18, 2015
Freemanan:
Acknowledged Mate...

Happy Sunday..
Been a while I stumble upon a sane one here on NL...
PS: Good Evening Sir Whytruth
...Same to you bro...how's life? best wishes ...am good and fine...
Re: Nigerian Artistes Form, But In Reality They Are Broke - Davido by Sunexy(m): 8:57pm On Oct 18, 2015
Themandator:

Sunlight nkor
Lmao.. grin
U be hater
grin
Re: Nigerian Artistes Form, But In Reality They Are Broke - Davido by Yungwealth(m): 8:59pm On Oct 18, 2015
He wana feature dagrin nah !

, Airforce1, who do you want to feature on your next single?
[/quote]
Re: Nigerian Artistes Form, But In Reality They Are Broke - Davido by kobonaire(m): 9:18pm On Oct 18, 2015
Bollinger:

Lol. . .how come there were evidence of the reciepts he paid for the things he borrowed to show off? Plus it's not limited to him. A lot of stars borrow items to show off.
its the way business is conducted in the US sometimes. Even the billionaire president hopeful Donald Trump has declared bankruptcy in the past ....

I do agree that many of these folks in the entertainment industry try to live a fake life even if it means they go broke!
Re: Nigerian Artistes Form, But In Reality They Are Broke - Davido by Themandator: 9:21pm On Oct 18, 2015
Sean Tizzle.... Maybe o
Re: Nigerian Artistes Form, But In Reality They Are Broke - Davido by x6blade(m): 9:25pm On Oct 18, 2015
STILESGANG:
Yes they are rich,but as not rich as they want you to believe.
bruh wizkid is one of the richest if not almost as rich as psquare
Re: Nigerian Artistes Form, But In Reality They Are Broke - Davido by Temysteve(m): 9:31pm On Oct 18, 2015
Airforce1:
I'm a die hard fan of Davido...

But calling colleagues "broke" ain't cool
not is fault though, he's born with silver spoon so he think he can lambast is felow artiste anyhow!!
Re: Nigerian Artistes Form, But In Reality They Are Broke - Davido by allytinted: 9:31pm On Oct 18, 2015
tell davido to back his claim wit pinshure or.....ahdonbilivit
Re: Nigerian Artistes Form, But In Reality They Are Broke - Davido by STILESGANG: 9:32pm On Oct 18, 2015
x6blade:
bruh wizkid is one of the richest if not almost as rich as psquare
Wizkid is rich agreed, but he hasn't reached psquare level yet.Even davido is still richer than wizkid
Re: Nigerian Artistes Form, But In Reality They Are Broke - Davido by friends4ever(m): 9:45pm On Oct 18, 2015
Davido might be Wright cos, he's living on his daddy's wealth cool
Re: Nigerian Artistes Form, But In Reality They Are Broke - Davido by x6blade(m): 9:58pm On Oct 18, 2015
STILESGANG:
Wizkid is rich agreed, but he hasn't reached psquare level yet.Even davido is still richer than wizkid
not really bro. Let's put it in perspective wizkid had nothing. Even while in Eme he lost atleast 70% of he's deserved money hence he quit. Even upon all that he can boast of atleast 500 million. Not forgetting his sponsorship with Hennessy , Pepsi (highest paid African ambassador above 200,000 usd). Glo of over 100 million. Coupled with really really expensive cars. Back in the day when he replaced his 15 million Naira porche with another 15 million He was receiving practically 30% of his supposed wealth. Davido started with a fully sponsored label started up by his brother. Thereby he had no issue looking for money to sponsor himself. More like eating your cake and having it. If you ask me wizkid has a lot of wealth history both past and present , let's not even start with shows because at the moment his atleast the most sort out artist home and abroad meaning huge amounts of cash
Re: Nigerian Artistes Form, But In Reality They Are Broke - Davido by Nobody: 10:32pm On Oct 18, 2015
Davido after doing good tinz you go use one thing wa no get head spoil amm
OK am very " very happy today because God is doing it
Am an up_coming artist with out a label, management or sponsors but I have gotten 30k downloads on my JIM JIM and about 5k downloads on my newly uploaded Bounce
Thank God one day na one day
Re: Nigerian Artistes Form, But In Reality They Are Broke - Davido by Nobody: 10:38pm On Oct 18, 2015
prettytasha:
True..Nigerian artists are broke ...dey just live fake lifestyles
Mention one of them
Re: Nigerian Artistes Form, But In Reality They Are Broke - Davido by Nobody: 10:41pm On Oct 18, 2015
bugzbunny:
Are u sure... Finally Bia.. Airforce my gee.. Dnt dare ask who I be oo wen d time is right.. Na me dey dis u well for here Its out of love to ginger u Propel u Excell u Elevate u So... grin hehehe My Mb dey for ur success
Check out my singles on my profile or http://www.datafilehost.com/d/f92c1041
Or http://www.datafilehost.com/d/18a38f55 And you mit be surprise
Re: Nigerian Artistes Form, But In Reality They Are Broke - Davido by ferdspiration: 11:21pm On Oct 18, 2015
viickerz:

on wat channel abeg? grin
animal Planet on DSTV
Re: Nigerian Artistes Form, But In Reality They Are Broke - Davido by Originalsly: 11:49pm On Oct 18, 2015
Ones outside the industry can say such stuff....would go down as popular opinion... but for him an insider to say so is like verifying the rumour.... they would now be careful of what they confide in him....doesn't know what to say when.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Artistes Form, But In Reality They Are Broke - Davido by nikkiking(m): 1:16am On Oct 19, 2015
ernesty20:
seen..

The guy dey fall hand
Shey na ur hand u take type this rubbish

How him take fall ur hand
Re: Nigerian Artistes Form, But In Reality They Are Broke - Davido by SmartMugu: 1:32am On Oct 19, 2015
I like some of Davido's songs, I even like him more because he's from a rich home yet tried to make his own money from his talents, which is great.
However, I sensed pride in him the first time I ever saw him in person. It was here in Georgia. Me and a few friends were chilling at this club in Decatur when him and his crew showed up from nowhere. He wasn't performing there and no one knew he was coming. I guess they just came to chill.

But one of the guys I was with that's a hard-core Davido's fan spotted him and started screaming his name like an idi.ot. He was the only one screaming "Davido" repeatedly there, no one else knew Davido there, that was an American spot, only Africans know Nigerian artists here, may be they know some of their songs, but not them.

Dude is at least 15 years older than Davido and wasn't doing bad by himself. He was just a huge fan. Surprisingly, Davido walked past him like he didn't exist even though dude was the only one screaming his name there. Dude was just trying to show some love as a fan, why make him look stupid by not even saying hi back?

The club I'm talking about is Aroma, off Clairemont Rd, and the incident happened earlier this year.I brought it up cos I thought Davido intentionally snubbed one of his huge fans. If Davido says he's never been there, I guess dude was just going paranoid for a look alike. No one else recognized him there but his crew n dude.

All I could deduce from this is that he is probably very proud based on my first impression of him, and I wouldn't be too surprised of him calling his colleagues or those that started before him broke.
Re: Nigerian Artistes Form, But In Reality They Are Broke - Davido by Olufemiolaolu(m): 2:03am On Oct 19, 2015
Forming over nothing. Some is fit 2 be Linda ikeji's P.A sef grin
Re: Nigerian Artistes Form, But In Reality They Are Broke - Davido by Nobody: 3:09am On Oct 19, 2015
Jackeeh:

So make the bobo no talk true again? Meanwhile he didn't mention names.
...makes it worse coz he's insulting many of them at once.
Re: Nigerian Artistes Form, But In Reality They Are Broke - Davido by ernesty20(m): 7:09am On Oct 19, 2015
nikkiking:
Shey na ur hand u take type this rubbish

How him take fall ur hand
the guy dey fall hand meaning he dey disappoint at times
Re: Nigerian Artistes Form, But In Reality They Are Broke - Davido by shona2487(f): 7:39am On Oct 19, 2015
A lot of people live fake lives regardless of their profession or social status but the celebrities gt more attention because ppl are alwys all up in their issh. I wouldn't conclude he said that because I didn't hear him say it. There was anoda story abt Wizkid calling a fan broke, in short lots of stories quoting celebrities making careless statements but my point is, someone calling u broke doesn't mean u truly are and someone accusing u of living a fake life is entitled to his opinion so why the fuss? PS! Nothing is actually real in the entertainment industry coz there's always a magnifying glass placed on things..maybe the magnifying glass is in our own eyes tho. #jstsaying

2 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Rita Dominic Reacts To Her Leaked Phone Number By Nina's Instagram Hacker / Wizkid Prostrates For Femi Kuti At Fela's Afrika Shrine (Photos, Video) / No 2nd Term For President Jonathan Says Lagbaja

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.