Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,043 members, 7,818,100 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 07:53 AM

Help, My Dog Is Dying!!! - Pets (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Pets / Help, My Dog Is Dying!!! (25332 Views)

Help! Ruggedman Is Dying!! :-( / Why I Named My Dog ‘buhari’ — Joe Chinakwe / My Dog Is Going Blind :'( (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Help, My Dog Is Dying!!! by Nobody: 9:16pm On Oct 18, 2015
Upon the issues happening in Nigeria, na dog matter concerns you the most. Anyway, take it to Calabar or Ondo for total consumption.

3 Likes

Re: Help, My Dog Is Dying!!! by kwajahafiz(m): 9:17pm On Oct 18, 2015
[quote author=adonbilivit post=39115789]life sha. some people are trying to raise money to save their dying siblings, parents, etc and here, someone is crying over a dying dog with no soul. [/quote

Mumu who tell you the dog has no soul...?
Re: Help, My Dog Is Dying!!! by Nobody: 9:17pm On Oct 18, 2015
I'm not a vet but from the symptoms you typed, your dog might have duodenal ulcer. I might be wrong so change vet and save your dog. Good luck
Re: Help, My Dog Is Dying!!! by Liverpoolfc(m): 9:17pm On Oct 18, 2015
TWO things i hate. dog and another dog. i only just start to value it wn i learnt it was used in insulin discovery. send it to physiology lab .
Re: Help, My Dog Is Dying!!! by Raymie(m): 9:17pm On Oct 18, 2015
Reading many comments here shows how shallow, puerile and hard hearted the average Nigerian is. Making mockery of someone's misery? I have no words.

Anyways OP, yhur dog shows symptoms of Melena, which is not a disease per sé but a symptom of a range of disease and causative like diet, gastrointestinal ulcers, toxicity and even kidney failure. Treatment should start from the underlying disease and the Melena would go away. In the absence of any vet at the moment, I'd recommend using red oil to keep him/her alive till when the vets can come in. (dunno of the charcoal solution though). Also try keeping the dog lubricated as s/he tends to lose electrolytes as s/he vomits/stools. Yhu may need to personally feed since s/he won't have the strength to lap liquids. Sincerely wish yhu the best. Hope yhur dog makes it alive.

Cc Oooops

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Help, My Dog Is Dying!!! by Nobody: 9:18pm On Oct 18, 2015
Calabar men knows the way out...so I would advice you to consult them asap!!
Re: Help, My Dog Is Dying!!! by Joygalore(f): 9:18pm On Oct 18, 2015
If antibiotics isn't working,it could be parvovirus.Take the poor dog to another vet and let the vet doc run an ELISA test.If parvo,then the dog needs aggressive supportive treatment to boost the immune system and reduce symptoms because parvovirus is fatal.
Re: Help, My Dog Is Dying!!! by adonbilivit: 9:19pm On Oct 18, 2015
[quote author=kwajahafiz post=39117433][/quote]who told u my name is mumu?
Re: Help, My Dog Is Dying!!! by brainbox2014(m): 9:20pm On Oct 18, 2015
Oooops:
Please someone should help me. My dog is dying. His stools is very black and he is vomiting something i think its blood. He isn't eating nor drinking. I've taking him to the veteran doctors severally who keep saying nothing is wrong, they say we should keep giving him antibiotics which we have been doing but yet he isn't getting better... Am tired.
By the way he's an Essential dog! (or what is the spelling again)
pls dog lovers help!!

CC: Lalasticlala, Ishilove, Help save my dog!

There's this herb called 'Efirin' in yoruba. Sorry I don't know the name in English. It really works. You just have to prepare a delicious soup with it (spice it with fish and other attractive recipe that will make it edible for the dog). It will cleanse its digestive system. Speaking from experience
Re: Help, My Dog Is Dying!!! by holard07(m): 9:23pm On Oct 18, 2015
Stop patronising quacks... Get a veterinary doctor and not a veteran doc.
What is wrong with ur Dog is not new, and it happens to people like u... A word they say...

1 Like

Re: Help, My Dog Is Dying!!! by Oooops: 9:26pm On Oct 18, 2015
bobbydbobo:

Where do u reside? I mean state
I reside in Edo state.... Benin city precisely
Re: Help, My Dog Is Dying!!! by Armstrong34(m): 9:27pm On Oct 18, 2015
Boss13:

Who told you that dogs have no soul? Ignorant human
.........and who told yhu dogs has soul........do dey face judgement wen dey die or
Re: Help, My Dog Is Dying!!! by Nobody: 9:28pm On Oct 18, 2015
Atmmachine:
It's better you use am cook soup before he go die.

With 3 hundred naira you go buy another dog (Ekuke)

lol @ ekuke grin
Re: Help, My Dog Is Dying!!! by Oooops: 9:30pm On Oct 18, 2015
Raymie:
Reading many comments here shows how shallow, puerile and hard hearted the average Nigerian is. Making mockery of someone's misery? I have no words.

Anyways OP, yhur dog shows symptoms of Melena, which is not a disease per sé but a symptom of a range of disease and causative like diet, gastrointestinal ulcers, toxicity and even kidney failure. Treatment should start from the underlying disease and the Melena would go away. In the absence of any vet at the moment, I'd recommend using red oil to keep him/her alive till when the vets can come in. (dunno of the charcoal solution though). Also try keeping the dog lubricated as s/he tends to lose electrolytes as s/he vomits/stools. Yhu may need to personally feed since s/he won't have the strength to lap liquids. Sincerely wish yhu the best. Hope yhur dog makes it alive.

Cc Oooops

Thanks boss.... met with the vets today.... He made mention that the dog might have had kidney issues and all that cos he was vomiting bloodlike substance, though the dog was finally put on drips. Hmmmmm
Re: Help, My Dog Is Dying!!! by philfrey08: 9:30pm On Oct 18, 2015
adonbilivit:
life sha. some people are trying to raise money to save their dying siblings, parents, etc and here, someone is crying over a dying dog with no soul.
SHARRRAP!
Re: Help, My Dog Is Dying!!! by PRISTINEMUSCLES: 9:33pm On Oct 18, 2015
Atmmachine:
It's better you use am cook soup before he go die.

With 3 hundred naira you go buy another dog (Ekuke)
Wicked
Re: Help, My Dog Is Dying!!! by adonbilivit: 9:33pm On Oct 18, 2015
philfrey08:

SHARRRAP!
make una no ki me na.
Re: Help, My Dog Is Dying!!! by modelboy(m): 9:33pm On Oct 18, 2015
adonbilivit:
life sha. some people are trying to raise money to save their dying siblings, parents, etc and here, someone is crying over a dying dog with no soul.
shut up boi!!! you dont know what you're saying. my DOG over any muhfucckeer
Re: Help, My Dog Is Dying!!! by 400billionman: 9:34pm On Oct 18, 2015
adonbilivit:

A dog is like a relation.

I refused to cry when mine died.
Re: Help, My Dog Is Dying!!! by donifez(m): 9:35pm On Oct 18, 2015
Go to your vet, they should give you antibiotics and worm medicine for dogs, and also make sure the plates and surrounding where the dog is very neat.
Re: Help, My Dog Is Dying!!! by adonbilivit: 9:35pm On Oct 18, 2015
modelboy:
shut up boi!!! you dont know what you're saying. my DOG over any muhfucckeer
its all about choice
Re: Help, My Dog Is Dying!!! by friends4ever(m): 9:38pm On Oct 18, 2015
You berrer look for okon grin
Re: Help, My Dog Is Dying!!! by Raymie(m): 9:38pm On Oct 18, 2015
Oooops:

Thanks boss.... met with the vets today.... He made mention that the dog might have had kidney issues and all that cos he was vomiting bloodlike substance, though the dog was finally put on drips. Hmmmmm
That's grim. Wish yhu the best but brace yhurself.
Re: Help, My Dog Is Dying!!! by philfrey08: 9:40pm On Oct 18, 2015
adonbilivit:
make una no ki me na.
Na jus beat we wan bit you....

Pity d guy naw... I've got a dog 2 and now understand how it feels to be sad whn your pet aint jus feeling right.

U need one o!
Re: Help, My Dog Is Dying!!! by adonbilivit: 9:44pm On Oct 18, 2015
philfrey08:

Na jus beat we wan bit you....

Pity d guy naw... I've got a dog 2 and now understand how it feels to be sad whn your pet aint jus feeling right.

U need one o!
kk. guess I was insensitive. my apologies but i doubt if I need one.
Re: Help, My Dog Is Dying!!! by serah109: 9:46pm On Oct 18, 2015
Pidggin:
Dog haters on the prowl.

Please ignore hateful comments, take your dog to another Vet asap

Plz sell it off to som1 who eats dog. It has eaten nylon #waterproof
Re: Help, My Dog Is Dying!!! by MossLuv: 9:51pm On Oct 18, 2015
Give the dog enough red oil (palm-oil) to drink. It might have eaten paper/leather
Re: Help, My Dog Is Dying!!! by flokii: 9:55pm On Oct 18, 2015
my dog died too..

d useless animal ran away with a female dog from God knws where... caught gonorrhea and came back home... did all I couod to treat it but it died..

then I gave up...
Re: Help, My Dog Is Dying!!! by crackhouse(m): 9:56pm On Oct 18, 2015
Pls save the dog guys before the owner develop high bp. These una comments can make the dog to give up.
Re: Help, My Dog Is Dying!!! by Nobody: 9:57pm On Oct 18, 2015
doneee:

Lemme see the dog and the stool, I'm a veteran doctor.
A veteran doctor to rescue an essential dog... Looool OP this is the doctor you need. Chai! Nairaland funny eh
Re: Help, My Dog Is Dying!!! by Xynthialuvy(f): 9:57pm On Oct 18, 2015
osborn442:
You should take it to a vetenary doctor...
. He say he don carry am go
Re: Help, My Dog Is Dying!!! by sunsewa: 10:01pm On Oct 18, 2015
na ur pikin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Dog Saves Owner From Being Attacked In Her House (Video) / Male Horse For Quick Sale... Location Lagos.. / Top 5 Lazy Dogs Perfect For Busy Owners.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.