Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,048 members, 7,818,152 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 08:59 AM

Help, My Dog Is Dying!!! - Pets (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Pets / Help, My Dog Is Dying!!! (25334 Views)

Help! Ruggedman Is Dying!! :-( / Why I Named My Dog ‘buhari’ — Joe Chinakwe / My Dog Is Going Blind :'( (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Help, My Dog Is Dying!!! by delishpot: 7:25am On Oct 19, 2015
Oooops:
Please someone should help me. My dog is dying. His stools is very black and he is vomiting something i think its blood. He isn't eating nor drinking. I've taking him to the veteran doctors severally who keep saying nothing is wrong, they say we should keep giving him antibiotics which we have been doing but yet he isn't getting better... Am tired.
By the way he's an Essential dog! (or what is the spelling again)
pls dog lovers help!!

CC: Lalasticlala, Ishilove, Help save my dog!

Internal bleeding. His stomach is bleeding. He will die if you do nothing.
What kind of vet did you visit? The dog needs to be scanned.
Re: Help, My Dog Is Dying!!! by sorextee(m): 7:29am On Oct 19, 2015
Seeing some comments here makes me wonder if it's mucus, flowing in some people's head.. undecided some are even competing who is more senseless.. someone needed help and some are making a joke out of it.. he didn't ask if u guys like dogs or not, neither did he ask if a dog has a soul..

Op, hopefully, ur dog recovers... what I was about suggesting, the sensible ones have said it.. though not really a fan of alsatian dogs... ours died of stroke.. I prefer local ones.. if na local dogs dey sick like dat, they go chop grass, den vomit the disease out...
Re: Help, My Dog Is Dying!!! by mizzyboy007: 8:12am On Oct 19, 2015
when a dog starts vomiting blood.... its really bad. send me your number on amah.onyedikachi@gmail.com
Re: Help, My Dog Is Dying!!! by victoronyekwelu(m): 8:20am On Oct 19, 2015
come u sure say d no d chet for here cause how some stuffs make front page is alarming
Re: Help, My Dog Is Dying!!! by AkinPikin: 8:20am On Oct 19, 2015
Does the dog have any of these other symptoms: severe vomiting and foul-smelling diarrhea? If it does, then it may have the Parvo Virus. I lost a dog to the Parvo Virus a few years back. My Rottweiler also caught it last year. Because it is a virus, antibiotics may not be primary solution. You just have to treat the symptoms. Some of the steps include:
a. Intravenous (I)V fluids to counter dehydration
b. Antibiotics to prevent septicemia
c. Probiotics to replenish the normal intestinal flora
d. Injectable vitamins, especially Vitamins B & C to help the immune system
e. Colostrum to provide antibacterial elements to fight the infection within the gut
f. Glucosamine to coat the intestines

Also, clean the dog's living quarters with bleach to prevent reinfection. Parvo is a pretty expensive thing to treat. Just have a good doctor see and diagnose the dog, and if it is the Parvo Virus it has, start treatment ASAP. Time is of essence. It is usually too late by the 3rd day after the dog starts displaying symptoms.

Best of luck.

3 Likes

Re: Help, My Dog Is Dying!!! by dwag: 8:35am On Oct 19, 2015
Dogs hardly survive that shiit if not attended properly. Irrespective of the attention, the survival rate is slim. Ve seen three dogs death with respect to dis ish!!! Get a better vet. The chances are slim.

1 Like

Re: Help, My Dog Is Dying!!! by elderhimself(m): 8:37am On Oct 19, 2015
Follow the DOG die now.....at least you both will continue in "heaven" from where u stopped now.
Re: Help, My Dog Is Dying!!! by orlawaley: 8:38am On Oct 19, 2015
BUK A FLIGHT TO AUSTRALIA AND TAKE IT TO THE HOSPITAL...DATS ONLY WERE HE CAN BE CURE
Re: Help, My Dog Is Dying!!! by nnachichi(f): 8:58am On Oct 19, 2015
My husband is a Vet, he said they do not treat on net. If you are interested you can call this number 08069473896.
Re: Help, My Dog Is Dying!!! by Tinyemeka(m): 9:14am On Oct 19, 2015
Maybe it ate onions. undecided
Re: Help, My Dog Is Dying!!! by adonbilivit: 9:16am On Oct 19, 2015
Realwvn:
Shut Up ! Some people are dying but you own a phone with no soul
easy bruh
Re: Help, My Dog Is Dying!!! by 123papas(m): 10:10am On Oct 19, 2015
parvo done catch ur dog

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Help, My Dog Is Dying!!! by Nobody: 10:12am On Oct 19, 2015
Oooops:
Please someone should help me. My dog is dying. His stools is very black and he is vomiting something i think its blood. He isn't eating nor drinking. I've taking him to the veteran doctors severally who keep saying nothing is wrong, they say we should keep giving him antibiotics which we have been doing but yet he isn't getting better... Am tired.
pls dog lovers help!!

Dark or bloody stools

Dark, black, or tar-like stools are often associated with digested blood in the feces. Bright red blood often accompanies colitis or anal gland conditions. Either way, you should have your pet checked out when you see changes in their feces. Bleeding ulcers, intestinal parasites, foreign objects, and more can cause dark or bloody stools and should be treated as quickly as possible.

Read more at http://dogtime.com/dog-health/general/2481-dog-symptoms-serious-ernie-ward#zhFE2rY5PhGK5seu.99

1 Like

Re: Help, My Dog Is Dying!!! by Nobody: 10:15am On Oct 19, 2015
Oooops:
pls dog lovers help!!

when you need real help, use Google, half of the posters in nairaland are as daft as a ton of bricks always making silly useless jokes
Re: Help, My Dog Is Dying!!! by Nobody: 10:20am On Oct 19, 2015
Black tarry stools should also be checked by a vet, They’re a sign of digested blood in the stool and could mean a stomach ulcer.

http://www.safebee.com/family/13-health-symptoms-dog-owners-should-never-ignore
Re: Help, My Dog Is Dying!!! by brownlolly(m): 10:28am On Oct 19, 2015
It is probable parvovirus... First, get drips to prevent dehydration....then read about the symptom of parvo...

1 Like

Re: Help, My Dog Is Dying!!! by predatorX: 11:34am On Oct 19, 2015
as a dog lover, i empathise with you. Feels like losing a member of the family. embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed

Especially if it's part of the family. Mine was never in chains. Once it's 7am and the door to the Veranda was opened, it would run into my room, jump on my bed and start licking my face and ears or biting my toes.

And mine was such an intelligent and playful lad. It even had a way of opening the bolt with its nose and front paws. It knows meal times too, whenever it hears the sound of cutleries, it would start clawing and biting on that bolt until the door opens, then it would run under the dining table waiting for bits to fall.

If you make mistake and your meat fall from plate ehn, Oscar snaps it shaperly!!!! cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

Oscar died of these same symptoms too cry cry cry cry cry cry, even after our vet certified him fit even after 3weeks on admission and drip things cry cry cry cry cry. Plus the special diet after discharge, of Fish, PAP, Milk and Blood Supplements For two months.

The strange thing is that when they start getting better and active, we are led to think they are okay. As such, we stop treatment. Dogs hardly survive the relapse. Just like EBOLA, 70 - 90 percent mortality rate.

i decided ever since, that i was never gonna get a dog as a pet again. Now i just admire other peoples Boerboels, Rots and Germ. Shepherds.

HOPE is the only thing i can afford you, and pray your dogs will to fight is greater than your hopes.

The disease is CANINE DISTEMPER VIRUS. CDV

1 Like

Re: Help, My Dog Is Dying!!! by topeal(f): 1:42pm On Oct 19, 2015
Hysmady:
Eeya...When it dies tell us embarassed
kai, you are not nice at all grin

1 Like

Re: Help, My Dog Is Dying!!! by topeal(f): 1:52pm On Oct 19, 2015
predatorX:
as a dog lover, i empathise with you. Feels like losing a member of the family. embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed

Especially if it's part of the family. Mine was never in chains. Once it's 7am and the door to the Veranda was opened, it would run into my room, jump on my bed and start licking my face and ears or biting my toes.

And mine was such an intelligent and playful lad. It even had a way of opening the bolt with its nose and front paws. It knows meal times too, whenever it hears the sound of cutleries, it would start clawing and biting on that bolt until the door opens, then it would run under the dining table waiting for bits to fall.

If you make mistake and your meat fall from plate ehn, Oscar snaps it shaperly!!!! cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

Oscar died of these same symptoms too cry cry cry cry cry cry, even after our vet certified him fit even after 3weeks on admission and drip things cry cry cry cry cry. Plus the special diet after discharge, of Fish, PAP, Milk and Blood Supplements For two months.

The strange thing is that when they start getting better and active, we are led to think they are okay. As such, we stop treatment. Dogs hardly survive the relapse. Just like EBOLA, 70 - 90 percent mortality rate.

i decided ever since, that i was never gonna get a dog as a pet again. Now i just admire other peoples Boerboels, Rots and Germ. Shepherds.

HOPE is the only thing i can afford you, and pray your dogs will to fight is greater than your hopes.

The disease is CANINE DISTEMPER VIRUS. CDV
please dont give up on dogs go get yourself a new pup, my bullet died last year too due to carelessness on my part anyway (sniper issues) and i also mourned him grin a fake vet duped me of 80k promising to get me a new pup which he never did, but i still didnt give up my hubby just got me a caucasian and am loving her already espcially in this puppy stage. its so amazing at the level of loyalty displayed by these canines wink

1 Like

Re: Help, My Dog Is Dying!!! by permsec: 3:19pm On Oct 19, 2015
Emary:
‭07037985672‬ - Dr Raymond. If you're in Lagos, he is very reliable
Very rare to see ladies that love dogs. I like you!
Re: Help, My Dog Is Dying!!! by nigmasses: 3:38pm On Oct 19, 2015
SLAUGHTER AND EAT BEFORE IT DIES....BUT PEPPER SOUP GO BETTER.
Re: Help, My Dog Is Dying!!! by doneee: 5:03pm On Oct 19, 2015
redcliff:

A doctor who cannot spell his field of expertise?
I don't want to expose myself
Re: Help, My Dog Is Dying!!! by Emary(f): 5:58pm On Oct 19, 2015
permsec:
Very rare to see ladies that love dogs. I like you!

I really love them. I've also been blessed as I easily make friends with most dogs even some very brutal security ones. I naturally know how to communicate with most of them.
Re: Help, My Dog Is Dying!!! by philfrey08: 6:22pm On Oct 19, 2015
adonbilivit:
kk. guess I was insensitive. my apologies but i doubt if I need one.
grin Lol
Start with a puppy
Re: Help, My Dog Is Dying!!! by redcliff: 6:34pm On Oct 19, 2015
doneee:

I don't want to expose myself

Lmao! ok!
Re: Help, My Dog Is Dying!!! by permsec: 7:16pm On Oct 19, 2015
Emary:

I really love them. I've also been blessed as I easily make friends with most dogs even some very brutal security ones. I naturally know how to communicate with most of them.
I can bet you that you can't come close to this one in my house. no one goes close to it except our popsy...... You definitely have this uniqueness in you to be welcomed by every dog. Thumps up!!!
Re: Help, My Dog Is Dying!!! by femi4: 7:27pm On Oct 19, 2015
ehie:
when you need real help, use Google, half of the posters in nairaland are as daft as a ton of bricks always making silly useless jokes
including you

1 Like

Re: Help, My Dog Is Dying!!! by Ultimate001: 8:56am On Oct 20, 2015
Oooops:
pls dog lovers help!!

cld it be cholera? Much as I doubt that, it's more of shigellosis. Anyways, try nd giv it chloramphenicol, tetracycline nd flagyl if u r nt able to c a vet. Thanks...
Re: Help, My Dog Is Dying!!! by wahabdisu: 12:48pm On Nov 08, 2015
Re: Help, My Dog Is Dying!!! by Nobody: 7:48pm On Jul 02, 2019
123papas:
parvo done catch ur dog

cool

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Dog Saves Owner From Being Attacked In Her House (Video) / Male Horse For Quick Sale... Location Lagos.. / Top 5 Lazy Dogs Perfect For Busy Owners.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.