Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,755 members, 7,824,164 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 01:52 AM

They Killed My Father Over Cows - Villagers - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / They Killed My Father Over Cows - Villagers (1123 Views)

Abdulmumuni Abiola: Yorubas Killed My Father, Shared His Meat – MKO Abiola’s Son / Boko Haram & Soldiers Clash In Fatori: Islamic Extremists Say They Killed 40 / Nigerian Troops Claim They Killed 100 Boko Haram Militants In Yobe(photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

They Killed My Father Over Cows - Villagers by stanech: 8:40pm On Oct 18, 2015
Our nightmares – Villagers
By Wole Mosadomi
Penultimate Thursday will ever be remembered as a sad day for the community of Allawa village in Shiroro local government area of Niger State.
Midnight on the fateful day, gunmen, believed to be cattle rustlers, invaded the village and unleashed terror on residents, leaving some dead and many others injured.
The invasion lasted about two hours.
Bows and arrows, daggers, cutlasses and charms were said to have been freely used on the villagers by the invaders.
Many houses, shops and other valuables were equally set on fire with property worth thousands of Naira destroyed.
For the fear of another attack, many of the villagers, according to reports, are fleeing the community.

Malam Audu Godia… Fulani men descended on us.
The community was noted for peace until recent times when the villagers started sighting strange people.
Some of the surviving villagers said the invasion caught them napping.
Malam Zakari Yawu, 40, a labourer and one of the survivors, narrated his experience to Sunday Vanguard. He   said he was shocked when he woke up around midnight to see some men in his room.
“There were about 10 Fulani men that invaded my room that night. They didn’t demand for anything but descended on me and amputated my hand with cutlass. I could realise from their conversation that they were Fulani men. It was a painful experience which I don’t like to recall again,” Yawu stated.
Malam Ibrahim Kusheriki told Sunday Vanguard  what could have led to the incident which claimed the life of his father.
Ibrahim, a staff of Federal University of Technology, Minna, said, “My father is the secretary of the vigilante group in our village and when soldiers stormed the village on September 19. They commandeered my father to lead them to the settlement of the rustlers which he did not knowing that he had been marked by the rustlers.
“The rustlers must have invaded our village few days later in a reprisal attack during which they descended on my father and killed.
One of the victims who sustained  injuries from matchete cuts, Malam Audu Godia, said he was sitting with a police officer after his meal and relaxing when some Fulani men descended on them.
“That was the last thing I could recall until hours later when I came back to life in hospital”, he lamented.
While the dead have been buried, those who were injured were taken to Minna General Hospital where they are receiving treatment.
Senator David Umaru representing Niger East paid a visit to those affected and called on government to show more concern on the issue which he said has been recurring in the area in past few months.
At the Minna General Hospital, the senator commiserated with the victims, including Umar Sad,14, the son of the village head who suffered several matchete cuts.
The Emir of Minna, Alhaji Umar Farouk Bahago, also visited the victims and pleaded with members of the community to remain calm and refrain from reprisal attacks in order not to cause more havoc in the area.
At press time, Allawa village was tensed up as economic activities in the area was yet to pick up because most residents who fled the community were yet to return.
However, Niger State Police Command, through its spokesman, ASP Bala Elkana, said security around the village had been beefed up with policemen and soldiers keeping vigil.
He said only six lives including a police inspector were lost contrary to earlier reports by some media just as he said the invation was not by Book Haram sect but the cattle rustlers

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2015/10/they-killed-my-father-over-cows/
Re: They Killed My Father Over Cows - Villagers by stanech: 8:40pm On Oct 18, 2015
I need a visa. This country is fvked
Re: They Killed My Father Over Cows - Villagers by temitemi1(m): 8:42pm On Oct 18, 2015
Another Fulani madness embarassed

1 Like

Re: They Killed My Father Over Cows - Villagers by OZAOEKPE(f): 8:42pm On Oct 18, 2015
"tse-tse fly destroying this nation since the days of old".

1 Like

Re: They Killed My Father Over Cows - Villagers by DelticStephEn(f): 8:44pm On Oct 18, 2015
stanech:
will dey take this thing to front page?
ofcos not.
but wait till you see a tribalistic thread make it to front page within a minute after it is created.
lalasticlala.
Re: They Killed My Father Over Cows - Villagers by SeverusSnape(m): 8:44pm On Oct 18, 2015
Some people will still blame "Yeebhoes".

3 Likes

Re: They Killed My Father Over Cows - Villagers by ikbnice(m): 8:45pm On Oct 18, 2015
The number of lives lost and terror unleashed by fulani herdsmen is greater than that of BokoHaram. BokoHaram is just popular and have gone international.
Re: They Killed My Father Over Cows - Villagers by DelticStephEn(f): 8:46pm On Oct 18, 2015
OZAOEKPE:
"tse-tse fly destroying this nation since the days of old".
this even happened in Niger state.
where is that Idiot called Er0ticAngela?
come o.
they are butchering your people

2 Likes

Re: They Killed My Father Over Cows - Villagers by NextGovernor(m): 8:46pm On Oct 18, 2015
Fulanis are the most useless and heartless set of Nigerians. I have never seen where someone will value animal more than his Co human being. They come to your land, destroy your farm land, rape the women, steal and kill you join if you talk.

Imagine allowing illiterates carrying AK47 about.
Re: They Killed My Father Over Cows - Villagers by Beesluv: 8:47pm On Oct 18, 2015
eeya, so sad
Re: They Killed My Father Over Cows - Villagers by benedictnsi(m): 8:48pm On Oct 18, 2015
stanech:

To where Swaziland E go fit you sha
Re: They Killed My Father Over Cows - Villagers by stanech: 8:49pm On Oct 18, 2015
DelticStephEn:

will dey take this thing to front page?
ofcos not.
but wait till you see a tribalistic thread make it to front page within a minute after it is created.
lalasticlala.

Waiting for this thread to hit front page

Re: They Killed My Father Over Cows - Villagers by stanech: 8:51pm On Oct 18, 2015
benedictnsi:

To where Swaziland E go fit you sha
Abeg link me. Anywhere is better than this shittthole
Re: They Killed My Father Over Cows - Villagers by bugzbunny: 9:03pm On Oct 18, 2015
Why can't these guys move to SW
They are highly welcomed there

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: They Killed My Father Over Cows - Villagers by bugzbunny: 9:09pm On Oct 18, 2015
stanech:
We must stay here
U r going nowhere

Re: They Killed My Father Over Cows - Villagers by ki02020(m): 9:10pm On Oct 18, 2015
There is a need for a united people to put this fulani people in their place
Re: They Killed My Father Over Cows - Villagers by Nobody: 10:00pm On Oct 18, 2015
#Fulani
And someone will ask why Afenifere is threatening secession along d Igbos....
Simple! because they (Fulani) are backed by superpowers and so, operate with so much impunity.

1 Like

Re: They Killed My Father Over Cows - Villagers by basilo101: 11:19pm On Oct 18, 2015
Lyk sm1 said b4, let dem move to SW asap, they are highly welkum ova dia
Re: They Killed My Father Over Cows - Villagers by stanech: 5:03am On Oct 19, 2015
bugzbunny:
We must stay here U r going nowhere
No you can stay. I need to gerrara here

(1) (Reply)

I Am Watching All Of You – Hameed Ali To Custom Officers / Horrific Photos From The Dangote Trailer Accident In Asaba Yesterday / Prophet Offers Prayers To Bring Audu Back To Life

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.