Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,625 members, 7,823,748 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 02:26 PM

Vice President Osinbajo, Here’s A List Of Outstanding Youths In Nigeria (1) - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Vice President Osinbajo, Here’s A List Of Outstanding Youths In Nigeria (1) (1127 Views)

Number Of Months Of Outstanding Salaries Owned By State Governments / Tinubu, Dantata, Cole, Ogah, Others Clinch Nigeria’s 1.3mbd Oil Lifting Deal / 10 Outstanding YOUTHS For Ministerial Consideration (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Vice President Osinbajo, Here’s A List Of Outstanding Youths In Nigeria (1) by Soskid(m): 6:14am On Oct 19, 2015
Vice President Osinbajo, Here’s A List Of Outstanding Youths In Nigeria (1)
Igboeli Arinze
— Oct 19, 2015 2:49 am | Leave a comment
Following the submission and unveiling of President Muhammadu Buhari’s two ministerial lists to the Senate, Nigerians have largely been at a crossroads on whether the proposed cabinet meets the change agenda of President Buhari. Truth be told, the 37 man cabinet list has a number of proven technocrats, public servants and integrity driven politicians to give Nigeria the desired change its citizens crave for and any criticism on the #List based on the issue of competence and integrity is self serving and quite immature.

However, one thing is wrong with the list and it is in the fact that in the names submitted, President Buhari did not find it fit to appoint a couple of youths as ministers. As a matter of fact the youngest member of the cabinet, Abubakar Malami is two years away from clocking 50! My grievance with President Buhari is that he seems to have forgotten that the awareness and the votes that gave him victory at the last polls came majorly from the youths who engaged the shambolic administration of former President Goodluck Ebele Jonathan and showed Nigerians that he, Buhari was a far better leader than Jonathan.   For me, President Buhari’s refusal to appoint a youth as a Minister is an attestation to the continuous marginalization of the Nigerian youth, not because we are not qualified or fit for such, but because the Nigerian elite have so conspired amongst themselves to keep the Nigerian youth out of the picture.

But my grievance was further aggravated when a tweet from the twitter handle of Vice President Yemi Osinbajo read as thus, “That we could not find some outstanding Nigerian youths to form cabinet is a challenge to the Nigerian youth to brace up #MinisterialScreening.” The tweet instantly drew condemnation as a number of Nigerians online picketed the Vice President describing his tweet as outrageous.

I for one deem such a tweet as irresponsible and unbecoming of Professor Osinbajo, a man I had known and admired as a pastor in the Redeemed Christian Church of God before his emergence as VP. The tweet was most unfortunate as yours sincerely is surely confounded by Osinbajo’s logic that in a country as big as Nigeria, with a youth population of over 60,000,000 million persons, we could not get a youth as minister.

It is therefore my purpose to assist Vice President Osinbajo by throwing up a list of outstanding Nigerian youths for his consideration.

Taiwo Franklin Akerele – A management consultant and a graduate of the University of Benin (1999) with a post graduate degree from the University of Ibadan (2006) . With added qualifications   from the Carleton University, Ottawa Canada with a partial funding from the International Development Association and also qualification in Knowledge Management from the prestigious Stellenbosch University Cape Town South Africa sponsored by the Afribank Group. Mr Akerele has consulted for a number of organizations including the World Bank Group on the South-South Exchange program for Nigeria, Colombia, Kenya, Jamaica and South Africa, and also the UK-Department for International Development (DFid) through the Lagos Ajegunle Community Project and the Norwegian Funded Oil Revenue Management Program through the African Network for Environmental and Economic Justice.

Gbenga Sesan – Sesan is the Executive Director of Paradigm Initiative Nigeria (PIN). Sesan trained as an Electronic and Electrical Engineer at Obafemi Awolowo University. He had stints at Lagos Business School, New York Group for Technology Transfer, Oxford University, Harvard University, Stanford University, Santa Clara University and University of the Pacific. An accomplished ICT guru, Sesan has made his mark in the field of information and communications technology.

Toyosi Akerele of Rise Networks Fame is indeed a goldfish. This young lady has spent most of her adult years building the Nigerian youth through Rise Networks, an organization which focuses on creating intellectual development and capacity building programs for young Nigerians between 16 and 30.

Kazeem Adio – Kazeem Ademola Adio was one time former Secretary to the Osun State Government during Prince Olagunsoye Oyinlola’s tenure. Adio is a multitalented and passionate administrator per excellence. Adio holds a degree in Accounting, Masters in Business Administration and an M.Sc in International Marketing Management.

Chima Anyaso – The Caades Oil and Gas boss is another young man who deserved a call to serve his country.

Ayodele Ayowale — Former student activist and one time Council Chairman, Amuwo Odofin Local Government Area in Lagos State. Ayo as a student activist and council chairman did remarkably well, touching lives and generating ideas that were previously unknown in the area of governance.

Daniel Onjeh – Daniel Donald Onyirofe Onjeh holds a B.A. (Double Honours) in Political Science & Economics from the University of Ghana, Legon. He was elected President of the National Association of Nigerian Students (NANS) in 2002, and subsequently President, West Africa Students’ Union (WASU) in 2006.

Follow on Twitter @ianigboeli
Re: Vice President Osinbajo, Here’s A List Of Outstanding Youths In Nigeria (1) by DlawTECHY(m): 6:16am On Oct 19, 2015
Nice on op .. But you forgot to add my name
Re: Vice President Osinbajo, Here’s A List Of Outstanding Youths In Nigeria (1) by uniqueflash(m): 6:32am On Oct 19, 2015
u see wat i'm sayin?u mean de only credible youths in nigeria re people u knw?unless u take a tour round de country this list is dead on arival.

1 Like

Re: Vice President Osinbajo, Here’s A List Of Outstanding Youths In Nigeria (1) by temitemi1(m): 6:41am On Oct 19, 2015
I don't feel bad abt this since non of osibanjo's children is on d list too cool cool
Re: Vice President Osinbajo, Here’s A List Of Outstanding Youths In Nigeria (1) by alpha75(m): 6:46am On Oct 19, 2015
Op! U forgot to tell us there age. And again, which part of the country they hail from. In summary, although my name is not there, that means am not doing enough! Because when u are great and successful, others will announce it for u, not u announcing it yourself. But nevertheless, watch out for our upcoming billionaire of our time, people like Paul Allen, Bill Gate, Warren Buffett, Sam Wilson are his mentor! In the name of my humble self ALPHA75! Cheers#
Re: Vice President Osinbajo, Here’s A List Of Outstanding Youths In Nigeria (1) by Nobody: 6:46am On Oct 19, 2015
Change

1 Like

Re: Vice President Osinbajo, Here’s A List Of Outstanding Youths In Nigeria (1) by obago(m): 7:10am On Oct 19, 2015
http://TheRevenueJob.com/?ref=61733 please register and spread the link to get $300 within 30 days. No conditions attached... All you need is to register. Click here http://TheRevenueJob.com/?ref=61733
Re: Vice President Osinbajo, Here’s A List Of Outstanding Youths In Nigeria (1) by Nobody: 7:47am On Oct 19, 2015
Osibanjo statement on Buhari's appointment is indirectly saying that Buhari is so myopic

(1) (Reply)

WIKE: There Is A Gang Up To Wrestle Power From Me Through Back Door / POLL: 80% OF Palestinians Support Stabbing A Jew / What Will The Husband Of The New Female Gov. Be Adressed As?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.