Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,452 members, 7,823,062 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 11:02 PM

Has Anyone Upgraded To Android 6.0 Yet? - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Has Anyone Upgraded To Android 6.0 Yet? (753 Views)

Finally! My Phantom 6 Plus Upgraded To Android 7.1.1 Nougat And HIOS 2.2 / I Upgraded To Android 6.0 And Major Apps On My Gionee M5 Mini Is Not Working / List Of Android Smartphones That Will Receive Android 6.0 Marshmallow (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Has Anyone Upgraded To Android 6.0 Yet? by Techthins(m): 9:03am On Oct 19, 2015
I use the Nexus 6 as my daily driver. I love it so much because it fits my style. Its big, solid, beautiful and above all it runs on pure stock Android. However, I have had cause to hate the device recently.

One of the perks of owning a Nexus device is that you get latest operating updates as soon as they are available, and as a proud owner of the Nexus 6, I read with utmost joy Google’s official announcement on October 5…

“Today we’re starting to roll out Android 6.0 Marshmallow to Nexus users. Of course, the new Nexus 5X and 6P will ship with Android 6.0, straight from the factory. Android Marshmallow is the sweetest, smartest Android version yet: Now on Tap serves up assistance when you need it, battery-smart features keep your device going longer, and new app permissions give you even more control.”

“Nexus 5, Nexus 6, Nexus 7 (2013), Nexus 9 and Nexus Player will get an over the air software update** to Android 6.0 Marshmallow. In addition to the new Nexus 5X and 6P, keep your eyes peeled for other new devices shipping with Android 6.0. Finally, we know many of you take your devices to work. To learn more about security and other work features in Android Marshmallow, register for the Android for Work Live online event on Nov. 4th. This is just a taste of Marshmallow but you can learn s’more on android.com/marshmallow!”

It is now two weeks since that announcement and I’m still stock on the old Android OS! What is going on! I check for updates more than a hundred times a day and each time I check without a new software upgrade notification, my heart skips.

Please someone remind Google that there are Nexus users in Nigeria too because it beats reasoning that Nexus users in other countries will get the new upgrade weeks or even months before users in these parts.

Has anyone upgraded to Android 6.0? Let us know.

www.techthins.com
Re: Has Anyone Upgraded To Android 6.0 Yet? by Nobody: 12:04pm On Oct 19, 2015
Techthins:
I use the Nexus 6 as my daily driver. I love it so much because it fits my style. Its big, solid, beautiful and above all it runs on pure stock Android. However, I have had cause to hate the device recently.

One of the perks of owning a Nexus device is that you get latest operating updates as soon as they are available, and as a proud owner of the Nexus 6, I read with utmost joy Google’s official announcement on October 5…

“Today we’re starting to roll out Android 6.0 Marshmallow to Nexus users. Of course, the new Nexus 5X and 6P will ship with Android 6.0, straight from the factory. Android Marshmallow is the sweetest, smartest Android version yet: Now on Tap serves up assistance when you need it, battery-smart features keep your device going longer, and new app permissions give you even more control.”

“Nexus 5, Nexus 6, Nexus 7 (2013), Nexus 9 and Nexus Player will get an over the air software update** to Android 6.0 Marshmallow. In addition to the new Nexus 5X and 6P, keep your eyes peeled for other new devices shipping with Android 6.0. Finally, we know many of you take your devices to work. To learn more about security and other work features in Android Marshmallow, register for the Android for Work Live online event on Nov. 4th. This is just a taste of Marshmallow but you can learn s’more on android.com/marshmallow!”

It is now two weeks since that announcement and I’m still stock on the old Android OS! What is going on! I check for updates more than a hundred times a day and each time I check without a new software upgrade notification, my heart skips.

Please someone remind Google that there are Nexus users in Nigeria too because it beats reasoning that Nexus users in other countries will get the new upgrade weeks or even months before users in these parts.

Has anyone upgraded to Android 6.0? Let us know.

www.techthins.com

Flash the factory images and quit waiting for OTA.

1 Like

Re: Has Anyone Upgraded To Android 6.0 Yet? by Nobody: 1:44pm On Oct 19, 2015
guess infinix hot 2 will receive it before your nexus 6
Re: Has Anyone Upgraded To Android 6.0 Yet? by Nobody: 5:38pm On Oct 19, 2015
Nexus 5 here
I got the update 6.0

1 Like

Re: Has Anyone Upgraded To Android 6.0 Yet? by Nobody: 9:25am On Oct 31, 2015
Where can i even buy a nexus device in Nigeria? Or do I HAVE to ship?

(1) (Reply)

Blackberry Has Upgraded BBM To Version 10.11.6.20, What Is Your Own View? / Get 150mb For Free With Mtn / What's Your Best Infinix Device For 2015 And Why Is It Your Best For The Year.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.