Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,265 members, 7,818,908 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 07:53 AM

I Upgraded To Android 6.0 And Major Apps On My Gionee M5 Mini Is Not Working - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / I Upgraded To Android 6.0 And Major Apps On My Gionee M5 Mini Is Not Working (8445 Views)

Whatsapp Video Call Upgraded To 8 Calls Per User / I Can't Install Play Store On My Gionee Phone / Please I Need Urgent Help With My Gionee Marathon M5 Plus, Anyone? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Upgraded To Android 6.0 And Major Apps On My Gionee M5 Mini Is Not Working by ELVG: 3:36pm On Dec 07, 2016
Please help!

I just upgraded to Android 6.0 from 5.1 and ever since, some major Apps on my Gionee M5 Mini is no longer working well. Apps like True Caller, Yahoo & Gmails, Whatspp, VLC etc. Anytime I want to open any of these, it will say "Allow Yahoo Mail to access your contacts". Once I click on "Allow", it will say "Scree Overlay Detected", To change this permission settings, you first have to turn off the screen overlay from settings/App. Its getting frustrating because I have been on this for the pass 3 days. The phone is new and barely 4 months! Please, what can I do?
Re: I Upgraded To Android 6.0 And Major Apps On My Gionee M5 Mini Is Not Working by ritababe(f): 3:42pm On Dec 07, 2016
why would you want Android 6.0? you can't even move app to memory card, I hate it
Re: I Upgraded To Android 6.0 And Major Apps On My Gionee M5 Mini Is Not Working by Jephz(m): 3:46pm On Dec 07, 2016
ELVG:
Please help!

I just upgraded to Android 6.0 from 5.1 and ever since, some major Apps on my Gionee M5 Mini is no longer working well. Apps like True Caller, Yahoo & Gmails, Whatspp, VLC etc. Anytime I want to open any of these, it will say "Allow Yahoo Mail to access your contacts". Once I click on "Allow", it will say "Scree Overlay Detected", To change this permission settings, you first have to turn off the screen overlay from settings/App. Its getting frustrating because I have been on this for the pass 3 days. The phone is new and barely 4 months! Please, what can I do?
i upgraded mine.. and everything is working so well
Re: I Upgraded To Android 6.0 And Major Apps On My Gionee M5 Mini Is Not Working by ELVG: 3:48pm On Dec 07, 2016
Jephz:

i upgraded mine.. and everything is working so well

Please, how did you do it?
Re: I Upgraded To Android 6.0 And Major Apps On My Gionee M5 Mini Is Not Working by ELVG: 3:50pm On Dec 07, 2016
ritababe:
why would you want Android 6.0? you can't even move app to memory card, I hate it

Please, is it possible to undo it? if its possible, I want to revert back to the default / former version Android 5.1. Am so disappointed.
Re: I Upgraded To Android 6.0 And Major Apps On My Gionee M5 Mini Is Not Working by ritababe(f): 4:18pm On Dec 07, 2016
ELVG:

Please, is it possible to undo it? if its possible, I want to revert back to the default / former version Android 5.1. Am so disappointed.

it is possible but I don't know how.
cc. bobo65
Re: I Upgraded To Android 6.0 And Major Apps On My Gionee M5 Mini Is Not Working by bobo65(m): 4:23pm On Dec 07, 2016
ELVG:

100% possible
Iaint a hard process.
A laptop, sp flash tool and ur stock 5.1 rom
U format the phone then flash d new rom

Shouldn't be more than 1500 if u can't do it urself

But there might be a walk around d issue u r having
Did u download the apps directly from playstore?
Or u just restored or downloaded from the net?

Editted
Watch and solve ur issue

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iT2-9aLQ_L0
Re: I Upgraded To Android 6.0 And Major Apps On My Gionee M5 Mini Is Not Working by GrandMufti: 4:25pm On Dec 07, 2016
Do a clean install of the OS. Back up only your important documents. Do not reinstall the apps from backup. Do a clean install. Also do not restore system settings from backup. Start afresh. Please use this method as your last resort
Re: I Upgraded To Android 6.0 And Major Apps On My Gionee M5 Mini Is Not Working by Nobody: 4:40pm On Dec 07, 2016
ELVG:
Please help!

u have to re-install the apps from play store.when google upgraded to marshmallow they changed how some apps are written or installed so some apps are affected while others are not.happened on my infinix zero 3 just had to reinstall them from play store and they work fine now
Re: I Upgraded To Android 6.0 And Major Apps On My Gionee M5 Mini Is Not Working by Jephz(m): 5:52pm On Dec 07, 2016
ELVG:

Please, how did you do it?
jst d normal for way... i got a notification that a new update is available... den i downloaded it
Re: I Upgraded To Android 6.0 And Major Apps On My Gionee M5 Mini Is Not Working by iwarannamdi(m): 5:59pm On Dec 07, 2016
Afraid of visiting websites with too many ads and viruses or slow network? Well Zivux 4G Lite Browser of 70% increase in speed is here with Adblock and embedded Anti virus functionality to tackle those fears of yours. Get it now for free here!
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=org.zivux.browser
Re: I Upgraded To Android 6.0 And Major Apps On My Gionee M5 Mini Is Not Working by masterP042(m): 7:06pm On Dec 07, 2016
I regret updating my phone, I don't have root access to my phone anymore, I tried rooting it no way, reversed it back to lollipop my camera stopped working. I hate this new version, I hate my phone without my sweet fonts, please guys don't upgrade your phone at least for the moment, this marshmallow had a lot of unfixed bugs
Re: I Upgraded To Android 6.0 And Major Apps On My Gionee M5 Mini Is Not Working by ELVG: 7:07pm On Dec 07, 2016
Jephz:

jst d normal for way... i got a notification that a new update is available... den i downloaded it

This was exactly how it happened with me
Re: I Upgraded To Android 6.0 And Major Apps On My Gionee M5 Mini Is Not Working by ELVG: 7:13pm On Dec 07, 2016
GrandMufti:
Do a clean install of the OS. Back up only your important documents. Do not reinstall the apps from backup. Do a clean install. Also do not restore system settings from backup. Start afresh. Please use this method as your last resort

Great! I will have to explore this option otherwise I just feel like smashing the phone! Haha, how will Gionee tell you new update is available, only for you to download and find yourself in this mess! Thanks bro.
Re: I Upgraded To Android 6.0 And Major Apps On My Gionee M5 Mini Is Not Working by ELVG: 7:14pm On Dec 07, 2016
masterP042:
I regret updating my phone, I don't have root access to my phone anymore, I tried rooting it no way, reversed it back to lollipop my camera stopped working. I hate this new version, I hate my phone without my sweet fonts, please guys don't upgrade your phone at least for the moment, this marshmallow had a lot of unfixed bugs

Bro same here
Re: I Upgraded To Android 6.0 And Major Apps On My Gionee M5 Mini Is Not Working by ELVG: 7:25pm On Dec 07, 2016
davthom:
u have to re-install the apps from play store.when google upgraded to marshmallow they changed how some apps are written or installed so some apps are affected while others are not.happened on my infinix zero 3 just had to reinstall them from play store and they work fine now

Bro, I did. It's only true caller that manage to come up. The rest apps like yahoo mail, VLC, WhatsApp, Adobe reader, ms word, ms excel, gallery, file explorer, camera etc are not just working. I think the major problem is that they are all unable to access my phone book contacts, phone memory & SD card as well as integrating with other apps
Re: I Upgraded To Android 6.0 And Major Apps On My Gionee M5 Mini Is Not Working by GrandMufti: 7:26pm On Dec 07, 2016
masterP042:

I don't own a gionee phone, but one thing with most android phones is that you have to re-root after any OTA update. And the app for rooting in lollipop might be a different version from marshmallow. As a last resort, whenever there is update, I usually take 2-3 days to read feedbacks from users (android authority site) before I decide to update. I hope the developers of your phone are able to resolve this bug on time. Cheers!

1 Like

Re: I Upgraded To Android 6.0 And Major Apps On My Gionee M5 Mini Is Not Working by Kiady16: 7:30pm On Dec 07, 2016
ELVG:
Please help!

bring your phone etc gionee service centre and the issue would be addressed
Re: I Upgraded To Android 6.0 And Major Apps On My Gionee M5 Mini Is Not Working by ELVG: 2:14pm On Dec 08, 2016
Kiady16:
bring your phone etc gionee service centre and the issue would be addressed

Please, do you know any around Ikeja? I should be in Ikeja tomorrow
Re: I Upgraded To Android 6.0 And Major Apps On My Gionee M5 Mini Is Not Working by investigator007: 7:34pm On Dec 08, 2016
Just switch to a Tecno phone quietly
Re: I Upgraded To Android 6.0 And Major Apps On My Gionee M5 Mini Is Not Working by Tholluwallashe: 1:15am On Dec 09, 2016
ELVG:

Please, do you know any around Ikeja? I should be in Ikeja tomorrow

Yeah, one is at Abiola Simbiat way opposite Zenith Bank Ikeja
Re: I Upgraded To Android 6.0 And Major Apps On My Gionee M5 Mini Is Not Working by giftedben: 4:02am On Dec 09, 2016
When ever you update an android os. Try and reset it to factory settings. It solves 90% of your problem.
Re: I Upgraded To Android 6.0 And Major Apps On My Gionee M5 Mini Is Not Working by Toyorsih(m): 4:11am On Dec 09, 2016
I prefer this 6.0 update the 5.1 version lags like when you fill your tank with Jermaine.....
Re: I Upgraded To Android 6.0 And Major Apps On My Gionee M5 Mini Is Not Working by Floridax(m): 6:28am On Dec 09, 2016
ELVG:
Please help!

who send you.....I keep telling you guys that marshmallow is in beta stage (not stable) like lollipop,,,, now see......either you use lollipop or nougat... well take it to calcare or download a stock 5.1 ROM and flash it with so flash tool ,,backup all your data first.....me I still prefers lollipop 5.1, because it support all apps,,optimizes battery,,easy to root, and very stable...
Re: I Upgraded To Android 6.0 And Major Apps On My Gionee M5 Mini Is Not Working by Youngpo413: 6:43am On Dec 09, 2016
Half-baked Marshmallow.
Re: I Upgraded To Android 6.0 And Major Apps On My Gionee M5 Mini Is Not Working by Nobody: 9:09pm On Dec 12, 2016
am currently using marshmallow, Jst turn the yes to no, every app u see there, it ll work.

1 Like

Re: I Upgraded To Android 6.0 And Major Apps On My Gionee M5 Mini Is Not Working by ripbubu: 8:01am On Dec 13, 2016
Lol why should it work
Re: I Upgraded To Android 6.0 And Major Apps On My Gionee M5 Mini Is Not Working by ELVG: 11:47am On Dec 20, 2016
Floridax:

who send you.....I keep telling you guys that marshmallow is in beta stage (not stable) like lollipop,,,, now see......either you use lollipop or nougat... well take it to calcare or download a stock 5.1 ROM and flash it with so flash tool ,,backup all your data first.....me I still prefers lollipop 5.1, because it support all apps,,optimizes battery,,easy to root, and very stable...

Thank ypu bro, will give it a try
Re: I Upgraded To Android 6.0 And Major Apps On My Gionee M5 Mini Is Not Working by slimmjohn(m): 3:54pm On Dec 20, 2016
Please,I'm thinking of upgrading my Huawei andriod 4.2jellybean to 5.1.
How possible is it and hope i won't regret it?
Cc:bobo65,Elxandre
Re: I Upgraded To Android 6.0 And Major Apps On My Gionee M5 Mini Is Not Working by Elxandre(m): 4:12pm On Dec 20, 2016
Floridax:

Marshmallow is generally accepted as being better than Lollipop.
Battery life, stability, multitasking.

The problem is when you don't get any Android OS version out of the box.
If the update isn't provided by the likes of Samsung, Sony, HTC, it's better to just stick with the present version your phone is running.

But Marshmallow out of the box> Lollipop!
Re: I Upgraded To Android 6.0 And Major Apps On My Gionee M5 Mini Is Not Working by bobo65(m): 7:44pm On Dec 20, 2016
slimmjohn:
Please,I'm thinking of upgrading my Huawei andriod 4.2jellybean to 5.1.
How possible is it and hope i won't regret it?
Cc:bobo65

Wats d exact model of the phone
Re: I Upgraded To Android 6.0 And Major Apps On My Gionee M5 Mini Is Not Working by slimmjohn(m): 5:45am On Dec 21, 2016
bobo65:

Wats d exact model of the phone
Huawei ascend mate.

(1) (2) (Reply)

4G LTE: You Can Now Reserve Your Ntel Mobile Number / What Star Did You Left 2go Mobile App / This Phone Is Better Than The New Infinix Note 5

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.