Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,016 members, 7,818,004 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 03:36 AM

Please Need Help About Transit At Miami Airport - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Please Need Help About Transit At Miami Airport (799 Views)

Fuel Truck Explodes On Transit In Anambra (Photos) / Peace Mass Transit Crushes Man Dead In Enugu Today(Graphic Photos) / Sam Onyishi, Peace Mass Transit Boss Regrets Umuahia, Bayelsa Accidents (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Please Need Help About Transit At Miami Airport by enessye(m): 9:50am On Oct 19, 2015
Pls Nairalanders I need an experienced traveler to clear this issue. A person boards Qatar airways going to Atlanta but the ticket intenery goes thru.
Lagos ---- doha---- miami---- Atlanta.

Want to ask, where will he be checked in (as in immigration)? Is it Miami or Atlanta.
Miami to Atlanta is a connecting flight though Qatar will transfer to american airline to complete the trip. Pls he is soooo confused help.

I heard Miami is so strict to visitors and probability of missing flight is so high.

And lastly he needed to be cleared on luggages. On this trip, at what point will he clear his luggages and if he decides to carry a little like just a small box? Will it required checking.

Pls I need credible response. Thanks a lot people
Re: Please Need Help About Transit At Miami Airport by Nobody: 10:48am On Oct 19, 2015
From my experience there is an immigration checkin at Doha Airport before you fly to the US.

As for the luggage question, your luggage must be available at the immigration checkin, i.e DOHA or Maybe Miami
Re: Please Need Help About Transit At Miami Airport by Lucasbalo(m): 12:53pm On Oct 19, 2015
enessye:
Pls Nairalanders I need an experienced traveler to clear this issue. A person boards Qatar airways going to Atlanta but the ticket intenery goes thru.

Want to ask, where will he be checked in (as in immigration)? Is it Miami or Atlanta.
Miami to Atlanta is a connecting flight though Qatar will transfer to american airline to complete the trip. Pls he is soooo confused help.

I heard Miami is so strict to visitors and probability of missing flight is so high.

And lastly he needed to be cleared on luggages. On this trip, at what point will he clear his luggages and if he decides to carry a little like just a small box? Will it required checking.

He's going to check in Miami thru ICE for immigration and Custom clearance before boarding another flight to Atlanta.

1 Like

Re: Please Need Help About Transit At Miami Airport by enessye(m): 2:06pm On Oct 19, 2015
@lucasbal....doe that mean he has to check in as stamp in" in Miami when his flight is still going to atlanta
Re: Please Need Help About Transit At Miami Airport by 25omega(m): 2:24pm On Oct 19, 2015
poster you will be checked at both Doha and Miami. The check at Doha might not be as intense as Miami because Doha is transit but Miami is your initial entry into the US. They have dogs sniffing bags at Miami and ridiculous long lines. Well the lines are uusally longer for the US citizens because Miami is the connection to the Caribbean and most people coming back from vacation will go through Miami airport.

your flight to Atlanta would be like taking a local flight from say Lagos to Abuja. When you get to Miami, you will need to pick up your bags after passing immigration and customs and recheck it and then you will go through security check for a second time before you board your Atlanta flight. Good luck
Re: Please Need Help About Transit At Miami Airport by Lucasbalo(m): 2:46pm On Oct 19, 2015
enessye:
@lucasbal....doe that mean he has to check in as stamp in" in Miami when his flight is still going to atlanta
Yes, because his final destination is in US. Both Immigration and Customs check in will be the first port of Arrival in US and then he can Transit to Atlanta and on arrival at Atlanta, he will just proceed to Baggage Claims and pick up his luggages. It's that simple.
Re: Please Need Help About Transit At Miami Airport by AsiwajuAfo001(m): 2:53pm On Nov 12, 2015
enessye:

Atlanta ofcus

(1) (Reply)

Nigerian Pastor In Tanzania / Photo: This Okada Man Carried Six Children, A Full Grown Man Plus Himself / Please I Need Help With My International Passport

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.