Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,556 members, 7,816,346 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 09:56 AM

Sam Onyishi, Peace Mass Transit Boss Regrets Umuahia, Bayelsa Accidents - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Sam Onyishi, Peace Mass Transit Boss Regrets Umuahia, Bayelsa Accidents (20146 Views)

Peace Mass Transit Accident: Man Shares His Testimony After Escaping Death / Another Peace Mass Transit Bus Involved In Fatal Accident On Enugu Road (Photos) / Peace Mass Transit In Accident At Okogbo Town. No Survivors (graphic Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Sam Onyishi, Peace Mass Transit Boss Regrets Umuahia, Bayelsa Accidents by zik4ever: 10:09am On Jul 08, 2016
Piqued by road mishaps at Umuahia, Abia and Bayelsa states in the last one month, which claimed the lives of 24 passengers and two drivers, the Chairman of Peace Mass Transit (PMT) Limited, Dr Sam Onyishi, has begun “defensive driving” training for his drivers.

Onyishi, who addressed a press conference at the Emene, Enugu headquarters of the bus company yesterday, said training in defensive driving for the drivers became inevitable. Besides, Onyishi said he felt pains any time his vehicle was involved in a crash. Hence, his resolve to arm his “drivers on the knowledge to drive with other road users in order to avoid crashes that could come from the carelessness of other drivers. I am in a mourning mood and that is why people say I have not said anything. It will be wrong for me to go on radio or the pages of newspapers to start talking when I am mourning,” he said just as he condoled with families of those who lost loved ones in the crashes.
Onyishi who said he has over 4,000 buses plying across 26 states of the federation disclosed that all his buses have factory-fitted speed limiters.
Even as the FRSC come to retrain his drivers in every quarter of the year.
The South-East Zonal Sector Commander of the FRSC, Mr Samuel Obayemi corroborated Onyishi’s claim that his buses are fitted with speed limiters, which the corps commissioned since 2009.
Obayemi also said that officers of the FRSC have been coming to retrain the drivers of PMT, saying that if the company was contravening safety standards, the corps would not have been collaborating with it.
He urged the drivers of the PMT to be more vigilant as they ply the road and put into good use what they would be taught in defensive driving.

http://sunnewsonline.com/peace-mass-transit-boss-regrets-umuahia-bayelsa-accidents/

Re: Sam Onyishi, Peace Mass Transit Boss Regrets Umuahia, Bayelsa Accidents by Nobody: 10:34am On Jul 08, 2016
Story story...

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Sam Onyishi, Peace Mass Transit Boss Regrets Umuahia, Bayelsa Accidents by Nobody: 11:43am On Jul 08, 2016
But where is lalasticlala sef undecided

This story is getting too much oh angry
Re: Sam Onyishi, Peace Mass Transit Boss Regrets Umuahia, Bayelsa Accidents by chidekings(m): 12:27pm On Jul 08, 2016
Keneking:
But where is lalasticlala sef undecided

This story is getting too much oh angry

Abeg free him,na human being him be.make him rest amall

1 Like

Re: Sam Onyishi, Peace Mass Transit Boss Regrets Umuahia, Bayelsa Accidents by raziboi(m): 2:00pm On Jul 08, 2016
GOD SAVE US ALL!!!

3 Likes

Re: Sam Onyishi, Peace Mass Transit Boss Regrets Umuahia, Bayelsa Accidents by ngoben(f): 2:01pm On Jul 08, 2016
May the souls of the departed rest in perfect peace

5 Likes

Re: Sam Onyishi, Peace Mass Transit Boss Regrets Umuahia, Bayelsa Accidents by sellYourCar: 2:01pm On Jul 08, 2016
Defensive driving undecided angry sad
Re: Sam Onyishi, Peace Mass Transit Boss Regrets Umuahia, Bayelsa Accidents by Edubrazilnwa(m): 2:01pm On Jul 08, 2016
person like me I no knw whether dem use peace swear for me,i too d enter dia bus to d extent that even a day after that umuahia own I still entered it and come next week I go stil enter aaam.R.I.p to the dead

God abeg protect your children,accidents of any sort shall not be our portion in Jesus name..Amen!

11 Likes

Re: Sam Onyishi, Peace Mass Transit Boss Regrets Umuahia, Bayelsa Accidents by Nobody: 2:02pm On Jul 08, 2016
Peace mass transit.....also known as overspeeding mass transit.

Borrow leaf from ABC transport abeg.

13 Likes

Re: Sam Onyishi, Peace Mass Transit Boss Regrets Umuahia, Bayelsa Accidents by Cornerstone001: 2:02pm On Jul 08, 2016
Humm. Nawa
Re: Sam Onyishi, Peace Mass Transit Boss Regrets Umuahia, Bayelsa Accidents by Youngetskilz23(m): 2:02pm On Jul 08, 2016
even after reading this. people will still board them. thank God say i get donkey grin

1 Like

Re: Sam Onyishi, Peace Mass Transit Boss Regrets Umuahia, Bayelsa Accidents by opius: 2:02pm On Jul 08, 2016
i hope the family of the dead will be compensated ? so sad...

2 Likes

Re: Sam Onyishi, Peace Mass Transit Boss Regrets Umuahia, Bayelsa Accidents by sumborri: 2:04pm On Jul 08, 2016
Exactly. All those accidents were the faults of other drivers. Definitely not peace mass transit. We who see them drive past us every other weekend are seeing double. Nigerians and deflecting blames, never accepting mistakes nor addresing them. What a people God shouldn't have ever created. Except to show the world what a defective human should behave like. Tufiakwa

10 Likes

Re: Sam Onyishi, Peace Mass Transit Boss Regrets Umuahia, Bayelsa Accidents by Ada9103(f): 2:04pm On Jul 08, 2016
Chai cry
Re: Sam Onyishi, Peace Mass Transit Boss Regrets Umuahia, Bayelsa Accidents by Memyselfu2009(m): 2:04pm On Jul 08, 2016
We have careless drivers and bad roads when they see movies like need for speed drivers fail to understand that those are movies every driver feels he is in charge and can drive any how.
Re: Sam Onyishi, Peace Mass Transit Boss Regrets Umuahia, Bayelsa Accidents by Nobody: 2:05pm On Jul 08, 2016
How many accidents should we see b4 we stop patronising u Peice mass transdeath

1 Like

Re: Sam Onyishi, Peace Mass Transit Boss Regrets Umuahia, Bayelsa Accidents by BiafraBushBoy(m): 2:05pm On Jul 08, 2016
Blood Stupid Suckers angry
Re: Sam Onyishi, Peace Mass Transit Boss Regrets Umuahia, Bayelsa Accidents by magnified(m): 2:05pm On Jul 08, 2016
Another one
Re: Sam Onyishi, Peace Mass Transit Boss Regrets Umuahia, Bayelsa Accidents by pathwillie45(f): 2:05pm On Jul 08, 2016
accidents sha..Lord protect us all
Re: Sam Onyishi, Peace Mass Transit Boss Regrets Umuahia, Bayelsa Accidents by BiafraBushBoy(m): 2:06pm On Jul 08, 2016
Ada9103:
Chai cry

kiss
Re: Sam Onyishi, Peace Mass Transit Boss Regrets Umuahia, Bayelsa Accidents by Nobody: 2:06pm On Jul 08, 2016
Ifa hear, blood sucker

1 Like

Re: Sam Onyishi, Peace Mass Transit Boss Regrets Umuahia, Bayelsa Accidents by Ada9103(f): 2:08pm On Jul 08, 2016
BiafraBushBoy:

kiss

Your moniker though undecided
Re: Sam Onyishi, Peace Mass Transit Boss Regrets Umuahia, Bayelsa Accidents by Abimbola29(m): 2:08pm On Jul 08, 2016
this man should do the needful,he should ask from Agufure,God is good and so on,he should bless the grand,i guess most of this travelers are secret members!may God help him,to succeed!!!also his drives should be more careful,to avoid further occurrences

1 Like

Re: Sam Onyishi, Peace Mass Transit Boss Regrets Umuahia, Bayelsa Accidents by Nobody: 2:08pm On Jul 08, 2016
ABC is still the best

2 Likes

Re: Sam Onyishi, Peace Mass Transit Boss Regrets Umuahia, Bayelsa Accidents by Mimisboygreat: 2:09pm On Jul 08, 2016
THE ONE THAT HAPPENED IN UMUAHIA WAS MORE BLOODY. I LOST A GIRL FROM MY SCHOOL TO THOSE FOOLS!
Re: Sam Onyishi, Peace Mass Transit Boss Regrets Umuahia, Bayelsa Accidents by Pyno30: 2:09pm On Jul 08, 2016
Why is he regreting? Does that mean they would have avoided the accident?
Re: Sam Onyishi, Peace Mass Transit Boss Regrets Umuahia, Bayelsa Accidents by Pyno30: 2:10pm On Jul 08, 2016
Mimisboygreat:
THE ONE THAT HAPPENED IN UMUAHIA WAS MORE BLOODY. I LOST A GIRL FROM MY SCHOOL TO THOSE FOOLS!
He wasn't the couse.
Re: Sam Onyishi, Peace Mass Transit Boss Regrets Umuahia, Bayelsa Accidents by Nobody: 2:12pm On Jul 08, 2016
opius:
i hope the family of the dead will be compensated ? so sad...

Will it bring back the dead? I don't think so. cry cry
Re: Sam Onyishi, Peace Mass Transit Boss Regrets Umuahia, Bayelsa Accidents by Mimisboygreat: 2:12pm On Jul 08, 2016
Pyno30:
He wasn't the couse.
HE SHOULD DO SOMETHING THEN. HIS TRANSPORT COMPANY HAS ONE OF THE MOST CARELESS DRIVERS IN SOUTH-EAST HERE.

2 Likes

Re: Sam Onyishi, Peace Mass Transit Boss Regrets Umuahia, Bayelsa Accidents by BiafraBushBoy(m): 2:13pm On Jul 08, 2016
Ada9103:

Your moniker though undecided

Don't mind my friend that created it for me cheesy... How you doing? smiley
Re: Sam Onyishi, Peace Mass Transit Boss Regrets Umuahia, Bayelsa Accidents by ichommy(m): 2:13pm On Jul 08, 2016
magnified:
Another one
Its happens everyday.
Re: Sam Onyishi, Peace Mass Transit Boss Regrets Umuahia, Bayelsa Accidents by Ada9103(f): 2:17pm On Jul 08, 2016
BiafraBushBoy:

Don't mind my friend that created it for me cheesy... How you doing? smiley

Finnnnnnnneeeeeeeeeee.......

(1) (2) (Reply)

Omicron COVID: Indonesia Bans Arrivals From Nigeria, 7 Others As Variant Spreads / Okada Rider And Passenger Crushed To Death By Truck In Ibadan. Photos / Nigerians Living The Dream Life Abroad

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.