Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,596 members, 7,820,142 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 10:19 AM

LAUTECH Shut Down As Students Protest Robbery Attacks (photos) - Education (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / LAUTECH Shut Down As Students Protest Robbery Attacks (photos) (30481 Views)

Crises Brews In University Of Calabar As Students' Union Government Ends In Chao / LAUTECH Shut Down, Jambites Not Allow To Write Their Exams (Photos) / Nasarawa Poly Shut As Students Protest Death Of Colleague (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: LAUTECH Shut Down As Students Protest Robbery Attacks (photos) by bittertalk1993(m): 7:49pm On Oct 19, 2015
kosplateau:
Are you a student? chai...pej.
I PITY UR LOCAL GOVT.
Re: LAUTECH Shut Down As Students Protest Robbery Attacks (photos) by imsuboi(m): 7:59pm On Oct 19, 2015
Mwada:
https://www.nairaland.com/2672954/most-expensive-car-august-2015

Edit your signature.. There's a typographical error there.
Re: LAUTECH Shut Down As Students Protest Robbery Attacks (photos) by amokemi(m): 8:00pm On Oct 19, 2015
This reminds me of Tombolo in Lautech way back. A single person harassing the whole institution.

Ladokites btw 2002 and 2007 will remember very well.
Re: LAUTECH Shut Down As Students Protest Robbery Attacks (photos) by sallyopy(f): 8:09pm On Oct 19, 2015
Urine:

ROTFLMAO! That period was crazy!
lol, it was horrible. I still love that school.

1 Like

Re: LAUTECH Shut Down As Students Protest Robbery Attacks (photos) by chimajii: 8:12pm On Oct 19, 2015
The part i think is a BIG lie is the 'they will force students to molest each other"...doesnt seem to be true, exaggeration there!
How will they do that? Was it done to the girls at the girls hostel or to the boys at boys hostel?
Re: LAUTECH Shut Down As Students Protest Robbery Attacks (photos) by Ollydon(m): 8:14pm On Oct 19, 2015
Damilare5882:
I was robbed in that school 4 times .. By those same guyz ... One of them is popularly called " mopol" he uses mask ... I remembered the slap he gave me when they badged into my room then ... Omo mehn nA bad experience oo... Thank God I'm now a graduate .. My roommate was robbed 2 weeks ago
Adams lol..how far?
Re: LAUTECH Shut Down As Students Protest Robbery Attacks (photos) by Nobody: 8:36pm On Oct 19, 2015
Prettiepearlz:
Na wa ooooo,this has been the situation in our school for weeks now. The most annoying thing is them asking the students(both female and male) to remove all the clothes they are putting on and lock them up in the same room so as to kill their morale and if you aren't lucky in your hostel,they will ask the boys and girls to have sex with each other. To make matters worse they went inside the school to rob students who went for night class and some 500level students working on their projects in Architecture and URP studios. May God help us.
What are the practical steps the school authority has done to deal with the criminals since the onset of this evil happening?
Re: LAUTECH Shut Down As Students Protest Robbery Attacks (photos) by Nobody: 8:41pm On Oct 19, 2015
chimajii:
The part i think is a BIG lie is the 'they will force students to molest each other"...doesnt seem to be true, exaggeration there!
How will they do that? Was it done to the girls at the girls hostel or to the boys at boys hostel?
No exaggeration at all. I confirmed it from 3 different sources.
Re: LAUTECH Shut Down As Students Protest Robbery Attacks (photos) by Boltam(f): 9:07pm On Oct 19, 2015
this is serious...
Re: LAUTECH Shut Down As Students Protest Robbery Attacks (photos) by Prettiepearlz(f): 10:20pm On Oct 19, 2015
eni4real:
What are the practical steps the school authority has done to deal with the criminals since the onset of this evil happening?
Nothing oooo my brother,they left us to our fate. I don't even know who brought the SARS,maybe its the school management or the SUG
Re: LAUTECH Shut Down As Students Protest Robbery Attacks (photos) by horlabhympey: 10:38pm On Oct 19, 2015
chimajii:
so true,that's what they do after collecting all they have
Re: LAUTECH Shut Down As Students Protest Robbery Attacks (photos) by Bash92(m): 11:12pm On Oct 19, 2015
chimajii:
Its not a lie. The robbing and raping started immediately the school resume for the second semester(early September)
Re: LAUTECH Shut Down As Students Protest Robbery Attacks (photos) by chimajii: 11:24pm On Oct 19, 2015
Bash92:
Its not a lie. The robbing and raping started immediately the school resume for the second semester(early September)

The article made it seem like boys were also being raped by the robbers.
Re: LAUTECH Shut Down As Students Protest Robbery Attacks (photos) by chimajii: 11:30pm On Oct 19, 2015
horlabhympey:
so true,that's what they do after collecting all they have

Is it only girls the collect things from? They dont collect from guys?.. They also molest d guys? shocked
Re: LAUTECH Shut Down As Students Protest Robbery Attacks (photos) by whocanbewho(m): 1:20am On Oct 20, 2015
Prettiepearlz:
Na wa ooooo,this has been the situation in our school for weeks now. The most annoying thing is them asking the students(both female and male) to remove all the clothes they are putting on and lock them up in the same room so as to kill their morale and if you aren't lucky in your hostel,they will ask the boys and girls to have sex with each other. To make matters worse they went inside the school to rob students who went for night class and some 500level students working on their projects in Architecture and URP studios. May God help us.
lool URP studio, my favorite night class spot!. In my 5years in that school I never experienced anything like this. My hostel was around 4D restaurant in under D. I'm reading this with utmost surprise. I remember I used to walk with my laptop all the way from school to my hostel at 2am in the morning without fear of anything happening. I heard the new SUG now is kinda slack. Anywayz I hope the school authority can harness the situation soon if not for anything at least for the safety of those poor girls.
Re: LAUTECH Shut Down As Students Protest Robbery Attacks (photos) by Nobody: 4:01am On Oct 20, 2015
Prettiepearlz:

Nothing oooo my brother,they left us to our fate. I don't even know who brought the SARS,maybe its the school management or the SUG
I wish you all God's protection. Take good care of yourself. Don't walk alone.
Re: LAUTECH Shut Down As Students Protest Robbery Attacks (photos) by Damilare5882(m): 7:34am On Oct 20, 2015
Ollydon:
Adams lol..how far?
lol I dey oo .. Weytin dey sup
Re: LAUTECH Shut Down As Students Protest Robbery Attacks (photos) by mexite: 7:56am On Oct 20, 2015
Yahoo is no more paying so guys have turned to robbers. You can be sure that those armed robbers are gangs of coalition between students and local guys.
I remembered a time in FUTA, around 2008, when same happened. It took the intervention of special anti robbery squad and students aggressive alertness and defence to curtail the dastardly act.

Let the school management do something, is it not their making that all the students have to live off campus?
Re: LAUTECH Shut Down As Students Protest Robbery Attacks (photos) by Prettiepearlz(f): 11:37am On Oct 20, 2015
whocanbewho:
lool URP studio, my favorite night class spot!. In my 5years in that school I never experienced anything like this. My hostel was around 4D restaurant in under D. I'm reading this with utmost surprise. I remember I used to walk with my laptop all the way from school to my hostel at 2am in the morning without fear of anything happening. I heard the new SUG now is kinda slack. Anywayz I hope the school authority can harness the situation soon if not for anything at least for the safety of those poor girls.
Those days are gone ooooo,we can't display our laptops like that again oooo.
Re: LAUTECH Shut Down As Students Protest Robbery Attacks (photos) by Prettiepearlz(f): 11:40am On Oct 20, 2015
eni4real:
I wish you all God's protection. Take good care of yourself. Don't walk alone.
Amen and no I won't walk alone. Thanks
Re: LAUTECH Shut Down As Students Protest Robbery Attacks (photos) by whocanbewho(m): 2:15pm On Oct 20, 2015
Prettiepearlz:

Those days are gone ooooo,we can't display our laptops like that again oooo.
na wah o....so no lectures for you guys this week.?
Re: LAUTECH Shut Down As Students Protest Robbery Attacks (photos) by Prettiepearlz(f): 3:48pm On Oct 20, 2015
whocanbewho:
na wah o....so no lectures for you guys this week.?
Can't really say for now,but for those in 100level,they had no classes yesterday and today,but for us stallites,some lecturers still gave lectures despite the no lectures threat. Take for example,we had a lecture yesterday at College of health sciences. So for tomorrow and the rest of the week,we don't know yet.
Re: LAUTECH Shut Down As Students Protest Robbery Attacks (photos) by whocanbewho(m): 4:31pm On Oct 20, 2015
Prettiepearlz:

Can't really say for now,but for those in 100level,they had no classes yesterday and today,but for us stallites,some lecturers still gave lectures despite the no lectures threat. Take for example,we had a lecture yesterday at College of health sciences. So for tomorrow and the rest of the week,we don't know yet.
ohh so you are in college. Those college lecturers don't play with lectures. They might even start threatening you guys with attendance. I finished from physiology.
Re: LAUTECH Shut Down As Students Protest Robbery Attacks (photos) by Jacktheripper: 10:44pm On Oct 02, 2017
Urine:

ROTFLMAO! That period was crazy!
Tell me more about it na

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Sexual Harassment: Universities, Polytechnics Clamp Down On 35 Professors, Other / How True Is This About Mathematics Teachers? Very Funny / Ronald Dosunmu Scored 8As In WAEC, 350 In UTME Admitted To Covenant University

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.