Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,190 members, 7,829,261 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 11:00 PM

In Genesis, Cain's Wife Emanated From Where? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / In Genesis, Cain's Wife Emanated From Where? (1098 Views)

Genesis 11 : 4 To 7: How Realistic Is This Part Of The Bible? / Who Was Cain's Wife? Was Cain's Wife His Sister?" / In Genesis 1: 26, God Was Talking To Someone, Do You Know The Person ? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

In Genesis, Cain's Wife Emanated From Where? by IamSam(m): 2:45pm On Oct 19, 2015
My sister asked me the question in the subject and I checked the bible, but dunno maybe some paragraphs are missing or soomething... Something isn't realy correlating. Theologians, please I need your help! Regards.
Re: In Genesis, Cain's Wife Emanated From Where? by Touchey: 2:46pm On Oct 19, 2015
Emmmmm.......
Re: In Genesis, Cain's Wife Emanated From Where? by Omofairy(f): 3:03pm On Oct 19, 2015
Go to www.jw.org and type in your question in the search box. U'd definitely get scriptural answers
Re: In Genesis, Cain's Wife Emanated From Where? by yomi007k(m): 3:09pm On Oct 19, 2015
I never go d answer to this n many more.

Let's see if some1 has it.
Re: In Genesis, Cain's Wife Emanated From Where? by orunto27: 3:32pm On Oct 19, 2015
God established the Universe sametime and created humans males and females of different tribes in different continents. The Tribe of the Hebrew is recorded in the Bible to specialize the story. The also says that God drove Cain away from wherever to a strange country and bless him to live and not be killed. He must have gotten a wife in that strange land. The Bible also records his generation.
Re: In Genesis, Cain's Wife Emanated From Where? by TrajansKong: 5:02pm On Oct 19, 2015
orunto27:
God established the Universe sametime and created humans males and females of different tribes in different continents. The Tribe of the Hebrew is recorded in the Bible to specialize the story. The also says that God drove Cain away from wherever to a strange country and bless him to live and not be killed. He must have gotten a wife in that strange land. The Bible also records his generation.
Read this four times. Sorry...just, wow!!
Re: In Genesis, Cain's Wife Emanated From Where? by IamSam(m): 6:16pm On Oct 19, 2015
orunto27:
Wow! Thanks so much for the insight! Forgive my curiosity please. If God created humans in different continents and the tribe of Hebrew (only) is recorded in the Bible, do you think all the norms and practices recorded is appropriate to an african like me; given the socio-cultural differences and practices? How am I sure am not applying the prescriptions for a Hebrew to my African Black person?

You're realy enlightening me, so let's keep it objective this way. Just saying; before some ''Religious'' come to sling muds here.

1 Like

Re: In Genesis, Cain's Wife Emanated From Where? by IamSam(m): 11:23pm On Oct 19, 2015
Omofairy:
Go to www.jw.org and type in your question in the search box. U'd definitely get scriptural answers

Thanks dear. I actually took my time to check tonight, but I didn't see a clue to where she came from.
Re: In Genesis, Cain's Wife Emanated From Where? by Nobody: 11:34pm On Oct 19, 2015
Omofairy:

Answer from a spirit or the one someone decided to put there?

1 Like

Re: In Genesis, Cain's Wife Emanated From Where? by Nobody: 11:35pm On Oct 19, 2015
IamSam:
My sister asked me the question in the subject and I checked the bible, but dunno maybe some paragraphs are missing or soomething... Something isn't realy correlating. Theologians, please I need your help! Regards.

I would advice you do not read the bible as if it were real. Read,enjoy and laugh at the stories. That way you won't give yourself unnecessary headache

1 Like

Re: In Genesis, Cain's Wife Emanated From Where? by Omofairy(f): 6:36am On Oct 20, 2015
IamSam:

Thanks dear. I actually took my time to check tonight, but I didn't see a clue to where she came from.

It's probably the search engine dear. I encountered the same issues. But read thru this and let me knw what you think.

Where did Cain get his wife if there was just one family?

Gen. 3:20: “Adam called his wife’s name Eve, because she had to become the mother of everyone living.” (So all humans were to be the offspring of Adam and Eve.)

Gen. 5:3, 4: “Adam lived on for a hundred and thirty years. Then he became father to a son in his likeness, in his image, and called his name Seth. And the days of Adam after his fathering Seth came to be eight hundred years. Meanwhile he became father to sons and daughters.” (One of Adam’s sons was Cain, and one of Adam’s daughters must have become Cain’s wife. At that time in human history when humans still had outstanding physical health and vitality, as indicated by the length of their lives, the likelihood of passing on defects as a result of marrying a close relative was not great. After some 2,500 years of human history, however, when mankind’s physical condition had greatly deteriorated, Jehovah gave to Israel laws forbidding incest.)

Gen. 4:16, 17: “Cain went away from the face of Jehovah and took up residence in the land of Fugitiveness [or, Nod] to the east of Eden. Afterward Cain had intercourse with his wife [“knew his wife,” that is, intimately so, KJ, RS; “lay with his wife,” NE] and she became pregnant and gave birth to Enoch.” (Notice that Cain did not first meet his wife in the land to which he fled, as if she were from another family. Rather, it was there that he had sexual relations with her to produce a son.)

What explains the development of the various racial characteristics?

“All men living today belong to a single species, Homo sapiens, and are derived from a common stock. . . . Biological differences between human beings are due to differences in hereditary constitution and to the influence of the environment on this genetic potential. In most cases, those differences are due to the interaction of these two sets of factors. . . . Differences between individuals within a race or within a population are often greater than the average differences between races or populations.”—An international body of scientists convened by UNESCO, quoted in Statement on Race (New York, 1972, third ed.), Ashley Montagu, pp. 149, 150.

“A race is simply one of the partially isolated gene pools into which the human species came to be divided during and following its early geographical spread. Roughly one race has developed on each of the five major continental areas of the earth. . . . Man did indeed diverge genetically during this phase of history and we can measure and study the results of this divergence in what remains today of the old geographical races. As we would expect, divergence appears to be correlated with the degree of isolation. . . . When race formation took place on the continents, with the bottlenecking of thousands of populations in isolated gene pools all over the world, the gene-frequency differences we now see were established. . . . The paradox which faces us is that each group of humans appears to be externally different yet underneath these differences there is fundamental similarity.” (Heredity and Human Life, New York, 1963, H. L. Carson, pp. 151, 154, 162, 163)
Re: In Genesis, Cain's Wife Emanated From Where? by IamSam(m): 7:36am On Oct 20, 2015
Omofairy:

It's probably the search engine dear. I encountered the same issues. But read thru this and let me knw what you think.

Where did Cain get his wife if there was just one family?

Gen. 3:20: “Adam called his wife’s name Eve, because she had to become the mother of everyone living.” (So all humans were to be the offspring of Adam and Eve.)

Gen. 5:3, 4: “Adam lived on for a hundred and thirty years. Then he became father to a son in his likeness, in his image, and called his name Seth. And the days of Adam after his fathering Seth came to be eight hundred years. Meanwhile he became father to sons and daughters.” (One of Adam’s sons was Cain, and one of Adam’s daughters must have become Cain’s wife. At that time in human history when humans still had outstanding physical health and vitality, as indicated by the length of their lives, the likelihood of passing on defects as a result of marrying a close relative was not great. After some 2,500 years of human history, however, when mankind’s physical condition had greatly deteriorated, Jehovah gave to Israel laws forbidding incest.)

Gen. 4:16, 17: “Cain went away from the face of Jehovah and took up residence in the land of Fugitiveness [or, Nod] to the east of Eden. Afterward Cain had intercourse with his wife [“knew his wife,” that is, intimately so, KJ, RS; “lay with his wife,” NE] and she became pregnant and gave birth to Enoch.” (Notice that Cain did not first meet his wife in the land to which he fled, as if she were from another family. Rather, it was there that he had sexual relations with her to produce a son.)

What explains the development of the various racial characteristics?

“All men living today belong to a single species, Homo sapiens, and are derived from a common stock. . . . Biological differences between human beings are due to differences in hereditary constitution and to the influence of the environment on this genetic potential. In most cases, those differences are due to the interaction of these two sets of factors. . . . Differences between individuals within a race or within a population are often greater than the average differences between races or populations.”—An international body of scientists convened by UNESCO, quoted in Statement on Race (New York, 1972, third ed.), Ashley Montagu, pp. 149, 150.

“A race is simply one of the partially isolated gene pools into which the human species came to be divided during and following its early geographical spread. Roughly one race has developed on each of the five major continental areas of the earth. . . . Man did indeed diverge genetically during this phase of history and we can measure and study the results of this divergence in what remains today of the old geographical races. As we would expect, divergence appears to be correlated with the degree of isolation. . . . When race formation took place on the continents, with the bottlenecking of thousands of populations in isolated gene pools all over the world, the gene-frequency differences we now see were established. . . . The paradox which faces us is that each group of humans appears to be externally different yet underneath these differences there is fundamental similarity.” (Heredity and Human Life, New York, 1963, H. L. Carson, pp. 151, 154, 162, 163)

smiley
Quite much references there that could bring up more questions, but I'd rather keep this as simple as possible.

Cain has long been fugitive before the birth of Seth and other sons and daughters. Why was it not mentioned that Cain left the land with a certain woman?
Re: In Genesis, Cain's Wife Emanated From Where? by IamSam(m): 7:45am On Oct 20, 2015
Going by Seun Osewa's data on this forum, this topic has 114 or more views but very minute responses. Is it that Nairalanders don't know the basic answer or they are probably ignoring my folly? smiley
Re: In Genesis, Cain's Wife Emanated From Where? by Judas2013: 8:12am On Oct 20, 2015
IamSam:
Going by Seun Osewa's data on this forum, this topic has 114 or more views but very minute responses. Is it that Nairalanders don't know the basic answer or they are probably ignoring my folly? smiley

Isn't obvious to you it is a fabricated story? Bearing in mind that every society had their creation story. It's like asking if Oduduwa really came down with a chain from heaven.
Re: In Genesis, Cain's Wife Emanated From Where? by Omofairy(f): 8:16am On Oct 20, 2015
IamSam:

smiley
Quite much references there that could bring up more questions, but I'd rather keep this as simple as possible.

Cain has long been fugitive before the birth of Seth and other sons and daughters. Why was it not mentioned that Cain left the land with a certain woman?

It says meanwhile. He had daughters before Seth.

Do you really think that every minute detail was written in the bible? What was written is for our guidance and instruction.
Re: In Genesis, Cain's Wife Emanated From Where? by nlPoster: 11:46am On Jan 25, 2020

(1) (Reply)

When You Think God Has Forgotten You....(see Pic) / How To Convert A Christian To An Atheist/agnostic / MUST READ: Do You Know What Happened In Heaven Last Night?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.