Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,405 members, 7,815,884 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 08:18 PM

The Truth About Blogging—insider Guide To Successful Blogging Career - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / The Truth About Blogging—insider Guide To Successful Blogging Career (515 Views)

4 Factors That Can Kill Your Blogging Career - NCT / 13 Tips For Successful Blogging / Six Tips For Successful Blogging Career (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Truth About Blogging—insider Guide To Successful Blogging Career by fxbot: 4:51pm On Oct 19, 2015
Blogging, a word we have heard countless times, and sometimes translated to be a medium for making people rich like a personal ATM in your hand. While that may be viable means of making money, the truth has often been hidden from a lot of green hands who desire to make a career from blogging.

Think about it—how many blogs are out there and how many are truly making REAL money from it?
If such thought ever crossed your mind, then you should be wondering why the case is such pitiable despite the promises of untold wealth lying behind blogging prospects.
Over the years, I have noticed an increasing desire to start a blog but sadly, many of these blog owners are starting on the wrong foot. It will be prudent if I tell you that blogging is a career, a job and a system. Failure to perceive it in this light means a dead-on-arrival venture. Therefore, I will be discussing “The Truth about Blogging” below.
1. All for The Money: Money is good for our daily activities. It is to life what blood is to the human body. Our world is money-driven and I can’t deny that fact. But chasing money out rightly without a clearly defined purpose will lead to failure. Nigeria’s richest blogging queen (Linda Ikeji) said she never made any money from her blog in 4 years. To her at that time, blog was her pet project or a hobby per se. I will also add that many of the greatest achievers the world all over didn’t make money their priority when they started, which they never failed to voice out when they are being interviewed. If they didn’t do it for money, what were they doing it for? This bring us to the next point which is

2. Passion: If we carry out a survey among many bloggers on the web, one thing that we shall find out is certainly a lot of them are into blogging just for the MONEY but have no passion for what they blog on. Your blog will die faster when you don’t have a passion for topic you chose. Does this sound familiar you? Does it ring a bell? I bet it does. How can you come up with content, a very important element for running a successful blog, if you don’t have a passion?

It’s best to blog about what you love. Do you love to talk about Chelsea football club? Blog about it. Do you love to talk about latest musical videos? Blog on it. What about politics? Please blog about it. Do you love talking about parenting? Please be my guide as I hope be father someday.

It all boils down to what you are comfortable to talk about without losing steams. But passion alone can’t give you the needed money. How do I mean? I personally love to talk about building a successful internet business and offering advices based on my experiences as you can see from this content.

3. Unprofitable Niche: Yes, passion is an important factor but can it really make you money? I would say that depends on the angle we are looking at it from. If you have passion for making noise and disturbing the neighbourhood, it will mostly be viewed as an unproductive venture except you turn it into a cash generator. How? Offer your voice for advertising on radio. 

So you see? I have seen blog owners blog on things which people are rarely interested in let alone would want to spend any money on. One way to know a profitable niche is to see what companies are advertising. No company will spend money if they hadn’t done their research properly and a proven research means a working system has been found.

While that may be a way to get started, I should add that it would be a highly competitive niche to begin with. So, what should you do? Target a sub-niche, something related to the main niche.

Let me explain what I mean. I was at the filling station some days ago and I noticed a fuel attendant would wipe the windscreen of customers and they do this for FREE to their customers. One can easily coin a business model out of this by targeting other filling stations, for instance, and help to wipe windscreens. That’s what a sub-niche does to one’s business.

4. No System: Let’s face it! The human body is a system, no organ works independent of the other. That is why humans are smart beings. They (the organs) all work together to make the body carry out its basic daily functions. Do you think most of the big blogs out there did it without a system in place? We have list building system, monetizing system, feeds system, traffic system and so on. A system is a tool of team players on your blog.

5. No Brand: What comes to your mind when you see MTN displayed somewhere? What do you think when you hear CNN? Do you have any picture in mind when your see iPhone? What about Amazon? One thing is common and likely related to the answers you may have to these questions—an image is quickly created in your mind at the mention of these brands—QUALITY services! Yes, that’s what great brands do. They offer quality services. Therefore, when you create a brand, make sure you are creating quality contents that offers value to your reader. This can only be achieved, like I explain in a few bullets above, if you have passion. On the internet, content is king and only those who offer quality content standout with loyal readership!

In order to succeed as a blogger, you have to put in place those elements that makes a blog thick. Remember that you are dealing with humans and the ecosystem we live in require that we RELATE with one another. My relationship with you is dependent on my system, my brand (trust), my passion and so on. In a place where any of these are non-existent, you would consider me to be a very boring and uninteresting person to relate with. Therefore, I would lose your friendship if you can have a better replacement of me in someone else—That’s how blogs are perceived!

Source:http://www.instantlecture.com/2015/10/15/the-truth-about-blogging-insider-guide-to-successful-blogging-career/
Re: The Truth About Blogging—insider Guide To Successful Blogging Career by Tallesty1(m): 4:54pm On Oct 19, 2015
Thanks

1 Like

Re: The Truth About Blogging—insider Guide To Successful Blogging Career by wx9Z: 7:46pm On Oct 19, 2015
Great article. I enjoyed it.

1 Like

Re: The Truth About Blogging—insider Guide To Successful Blogging Career by fxbot: 9:31pm On Oct 19, 2015
Glad you liked it.

(1) (Reply)

Portable Dvd Player - Micostarmall / Best Practices For Opencart Website Security / I Need A Verified Non-hosted Adsense Account From Someone Based In Lagos ...call

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.