Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,604 members, 7,820,158 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 10:40 AM

Did Jumia Lay Off 50 Staff In The Most Unsavory Manner? - Career (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Did Jumia Lay Off 50 Staff In The Most Unsavory Manner? (26332 Views)

Chinese Firm Incarcerates 30 Nigerian Staff In Its Premises For Three Days / How To Succeed As A Contract Staff In Nigerian Banks / Differences Between: Sack, Lay-off, Retrenchment And Fire. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Did Jumia Lay Off 50 Staff In The Most Unsavory Manner? by buchilino(m): 9:21pm On Oct 20, 2015
bugzbunny:

Money varies with location

TRUE
Re: Did Jumia Lay Off 50 Staff In The Most Unsavory Manner? by rikimarucrowdk(m): 6:17pm On Oct 21, 2015
Fact is everywhere and everyday, businesses will prune and prune.

Letting people go doesn't mean that they will not recruit, which they are doing in fact (speaking of Jumia)

AN employer has the right to hire and Fire at WILL as long as they respect the terms of the contract. Sadly, some people will suffer the effects of the action but then, the same Employees leave when they get a better offer and they have to follow the contractual termination process.
Re: Did Jumia Lay Off 50 Staff In The Most Unsavory Manner? by Fabuluosity(f): 9:41pm On Oct 24, 2015
Paradise163:
My Account Manager also said the same thing to me today. Thank God she wasn't sacked as well... I feel for those who lost their jobs though

Pls can you give me your account manager number?. i want to open jumia merchant store. thanks
Re: Did Jumia Lay Off 50 Staff In The Most Unsavory Manner? by ceaser: 7:24pm On Oct 25, 2015
biggie1:

Konga is Nigerian, Jumia is mostly SouthAfrican now because of MTN investment there, Kaymu is part of JUmia(South Africa).

Jumia South African?! No wonder my spirit did not really align with 'em from day one grin . I have been registered with their platform since over a year ago and just thought of buying there for the first time last month and that was because they gave me a 2k free voucher for any item over 10k purchased. Not even impressed by the speed of delivery, though the item was okay.

Kaymu I have used about three times and they aren't bad. But Konga has endeared 'emselves to me all along and my addiction is to Konga. Thank God it's Nigerian. I think I have to dump any idea of further patronage with Jumia or anything that has anything remote ti do with South Africa. Even I've stopped visits to shoprite.

It's a personal feud since the days MTN started (per minute vs per second billing things) and I'm not sure I can forgive 'em so easily.
Re: Did Jumia Lay Off 50 Staff In The Most Unsavory Manner? by adewumiopeyemi(m): 8:41pm On Oct 26, 2015
thank GOD I ESCAPED D SACK.. ....IN JUMIA wink wink wink wink wink wink wink
Re: Did Jumia Lay Off 50 Staff In The Most Unsavory Manner? by samuelizko(m): 5:08pm On Nov 12, 2015
adewumiopeyemi:
MA NIGGA cheesy
adewumiopeyemi:
MA NIGGA
Re: Did Jumia Lay Off 50 Staff In The Most Unsavory Manner? by StreamerBlogger: 5:50am On Nov 13, 2015
And dey say Best degree provides job security. ..... . I laugh in alien voice

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Nigeria Policeman Flaunts His Tommy At The Silverbird Entertainment Center, / Broke And Confused, I Need Your Advice. / Please Help! My Boss Is Scared I Will Replace Her

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.