Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,114 members, 7,818,320 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 12:35 PM

Please Help: How To Familiarize Myself With This Dog - Pets - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Pets / Please Help: How To Familiarize Myself With This Dog (1151 Views)

What Name Will Best Suit This Dog? / Lost Dog - Who Knows This Dog / Which Breed Is This Dog (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Please Help: How To Familiarize Myself With This Dog by prodam(m): 10:24pm On Oct 19, 2015
Hello Friends,

Just changed location, and there is a dog in here. How can I get the dog to know me and like me. Though, its 3 weeks now, and its no more barking at me cos I have given him a lot of treat in close range. He already knows when I am at the gate. But I am still scared to chill with him. For now, it must be chained before I come in or do anything in the compound.

Is there any other trick I need to apply?..

NB: He is adult and a mixed breed.

Thanks friends.
Re: Please Help: How To Familiarize Myself With This Dog by Tylerdan(m): 11:32pm On Oct 19, 2015
Good idea with the treats. the first step towards acceptance acknowledgement.
Next allow the dog come to you and read it's body language dogs communicate using body language eg a wagging tail or a growl.
Try this (but be careful)buy the dog a nice treat (a slice of cooked meat would be great) place the meat by your side just a little out of reach of ur soon to be friend he should approach you when he does call it name and have the owner bring him close enough to get the treat from you.
Now this is the hard part will giving him the treat try petting it if he growls just back away if not your home free lol

Keep us updated
Re: Please Help: How To Familiarize Myself With This Dog by prodam(m): 6:32pm On Oct 20, 2015
thank u sir.

Tylerdan:
Good idea with the treats. the first step towards acceptance acknowledgement.
Next allow the dog come to you and read it's body language dogs communicate using body language eg a wagging tail or a growl.
Try this (but be careful)buy the dog a nice treat (a slice of cooked meat would be great) place the meat by your side just a little out of reach of ur soon to be friend he should approach you when he does call it name and have the owner bring him close enough to get the treat from you.
Now this is the hard part will giving him the treat try petting it if he growls just back away if not your home free lol
Keep us updated
Re: Please Help: How To Familiarize Myself With This Dog by Tylerdan(m): 10:54am On Oct 21, 2015
prodam:
thank u sir.

YOUR WELCOME

(1) (Reply)

Two Months Old Male Boerboel Puppy For Sale @65k (pics) / Lovely Pure Lahsa Female Puppy For Sell / Mehn U Need To See These Super Female And Male Caucasians puppies for sale

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.