Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,444 members, 7,816,022 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 11:44 PM

Nigerian Doctor, Caroline Ekong Stabbed To Death By Student In UK - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Nigerian Doctor, Caroline Ekong Stabbed To Death By Student In UK (63590 Views)

Young Lady Stabbed To Death By Robbers While Trying To Snatch Her Phone. Photos / Nursing Student In Jalingo Raped & Stabbed To Death By 3 Keke Riders (Graphic) / Boy's Intestines Come Out Of His Stomach After Being Injured By Student. Graphic (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigerian Doctor, Caroline Ekong Stabbed To Death By Student In UK by love2nicee: 6:36am On Oct 20, 2015

.Psychologist is stabbed to death by student who broke into her home and murdered her because she had him committed against his will
.Christopher Frick, 21, admitted to breaking into the home of Dr. Caroline Ekong, 55, and stabbing her to death last Wednesday
.Frick had been involuntarily committed to a mental health institution in Stanton, Delaware, by Dr. Ekong three years ago
.Evidence gathered by police revealed that Frick, 21, had been plotting to murder Ekong for the last year
.Her body was discovered by her daughter, who lived in the house along with Ekong's son, her mother and her husband
.Frick was charged with first-degree murder and is being held without bail

www.nairaland.com/attachments/2977662_2d9000b9000005783279540imagea171445280091336_jpeg268ff310845aaa93b0ae4c27be804ebc Dr. Caroline Ekong (seen in a Facebook picture) had a son and daughter and got married 13 months ago

A college student has been charged with murdering the psychiatrist who had him committed to a mental health institution.

Christopher Frick, 21, confessed that he broke into the home of Dr. Caroline Ekong at 4am last Wednesday and stabbed her to death - three years after she ordered him placed him into a facility - police said.

After he admitted to killing her, officers found a journal belonging to Frick that revealed he had been plotting to kill Ekong for at least the past year, they said.

The News Journal reports that Dr. Ekong worked at the Rockford Center, a mental health facility in Stanton, Delaware.
Frick was committed there involuntarily on Dr. Ekong's orders when he was 18-years-old.
In 2014, Flick wrote about his experience in a letter to The News Journal, saying: 'The staff framed me as suicidal, as well as everyone else I saw the night I was "evaluated".

Christopher Frick, 21 (seen in his mug shot), admitted to killing Ekong, police said

'The commonplace involuntary commitment at Rockford Center is prominent because it is owned by the for-profit company Universal Health Services.'

He also posted an online review of the facility, which ends with: 'The person who imprisoned me was Caroline Ekong, whose ego is so large that she would never be able to admit doing something wrong.'

After murdering Ekong last week, 55, Frick drove to his parents' house and called police to confess to his crime - around the same time the psychologist's daughter discovered her mother's body.

Ekong had been stabbed multiple times when she was found at the home she shared with her college-aged daughter and son, as well as her mother and husband John Etim - whom she married just 13 months ago.

Frick was charged with first-degree murder, first-degree burglary, possession of a deadly weapon during the commission of a felony, home invasion and possession of burglary tools.
He is being held without bail.

Authorities said that a search of of the home of Frick's parents as well as his residence at the University of Delaware produced evidence that showed the young man was 'obsessed' with Ekong - even though she had not seen him for three years.
Why Frick was committed and his mental state at that time are being protected while police continue their investigation.

Frick was upset that Ekong had him committed to a mental institution three years ago and since then had attacked her, including in this online review from last year

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3279540/College-student-21-stabs-psychologist-death-planning-murder-year-committed-mental-hospital-against-will.html

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Doctor, Caroline Ekong Stabbed To Death By Student In UK by yungpowers(m): 11:25am On Oct 20, 2015
Sorry
Re: Nigerian Doctor, Caroline Ekong Stabbed To Death By Student In UK by ibe9ja: 11:26am On Oct 20, 2015
RIP

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Doctor, Caroline Ekong Stabbed To Death By Student In UK by jamesbridget13(f): 1:10pm On Oct 20, 2015
Rip
Re: Nigerian Doctor, Caroline Ekong Stabbed To Death By Student In UK by ijustdey: 3:57pm On Oct 20, 2015
cc lalasticlala......

this oyibo people self

6 Likes

Re: Nigerian Doctor, Caroline Ekong Stabbed To Death By Student In UK by damton(m): 6:17pm On Oct 20, 2015
Terrorism In some African and Arab countries, Hate crimes , suicide and homicide on the rise in the western world.

it appears to me that the sanctity of life is beginning to erode right in our generation and no one is immune to being a victim of this negative trend. may God help us.

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Doctor, Caroline Ekong Stabbed To Death By Student In UK by Bonapart(m): 6:17pm On Oct 20, 2015
Brother looks Michael Jackson

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Doctor, Caroline Ekong Stabbed To Death By Student In UK by mrpatozky(m): 6:17pm On Oct 20, 2015
Hmmmm

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Doctor, Caroline Ekong Stabbed To Death By Student In UK by kay29000(m): 6:17pm On Oct 20, 2015
They should have never let him out.
Re: Nigerian Doctor, Caroline Ekong Stabbed To Death By Student In UK by kennyman2000(m): 6:17pm On Oct 20, 2015
Ohhhh.. How i wish they can allow him to come and serve his jail term in kirikiri here.. That their own jail wey just be like amusement park is nothing to him.. They should extradite the idiot here joooor..

Rest in peace mrs caroline..

Check my signature for ur customised wristband

34 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nigerian Doctor, Caroline Ekong Stabbed To Death By Student In UK by Raiders: 6:18pm On Oct 20, 2015
OP, she was killed in the US and not in the UK

16 Likes

Re: Nigerian Doctor, Caroline Ekong Stabbed To Death By Student In UK by Lincoln275(m): 6:18pm On Oct 20, 2015
Re: Nigerian Doctor, Caroline Ekong Stabbed To Death By Student In UK by onosprince(m): 6:18pm On Oct 20, 2015
See he ugly face... I hope dem go give am death sentence because he no be small pikin

4 Likes

Re: Nigerian Doctor, Caroline Ekong Stabbed To Death By Student In UK by ikbnice(m): 6:19pm On Oct 20, 2015
Nigerians dying abroad this days. The gov't should look into it.

4 Likes

Re: Nigerian Doctor, Caroline Ekong Stabbed To Death By Student In UK by Aristotle96(m): 6:19pm On Oct 20, 2015
The accused doesn't even look normal... Don't u see those dot dot things on his face? This kind person e go be like say e brain dy bridge some times shocked

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nigerian Doctor, Caroline Ekong Stabbed To Death By Student In UK by edo3(m): 6:21pm On Oct 20, 2015
Rip.
Re: Nigerian Doctor, Caroline Ekong Stabbed To Death By Student In UK by sonnie10: 6:21pm On Oct 20, 2015
The death of a Biafran is the death of a saint. Heavens are waiting. Farewell Nnwa Chineka.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Doctor, Caroline Ekong Stabbed To Death By Student In UK by eaglechild: 6:21pm On Oct 20, 2015
How did he get out?

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Doctor, Caroline Ekong Stabbed To Death By Student In UK by Shymm3x: 6:22pm On Oct 20, 2015
Delaware is in the US not the UK.

R.I.P.

4 Likes

Re: Nigerian Doctor, Caroline Ekong Stabbed To Death By Student In UK by Etizz: 6:22pm On Oct 20, 2015
Make I catch dat guy first.....
Re: Nigerian Doctor, Caroline Ekong Stabbed To Death By Student In UK by tevinsolt: 6:23pm On Oct 20, 2015
there's a Delaware in the UK? the Delaware I know of is in the US

9 Likes

Re: Nigerian Doctor, Caroline Ekong Stabbed To Death By Student In UK by porrigeyam(m): 6:23pm On Oct 20, 2015
Mhmmmmmmm rip to her

Lost of words
Re: Nigerian Doctor, Caroline Ekong Stabbed To Death By Student In UK by Nobody: 6:23pm On Oct 20, 2015
Strange. Perhaps she was right.

If he was so pissed to commit murder, then perhaps she just was right.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Doctor, Caroline Ekong Stabbed To Death By Student In UK by askakim(m): 6:23pm On Oct 20, 2015
The uk authorities should take action on him seriously.. It is a really a sad news hearing a doctor murder so easily.
Re: Nigerian Doctor, Caroline Ekong Stabbed To Death By Student In UK by NaijaCuzin: 6:23pm On Oct 20, 2015
And Nigerians No go do anything oo...if na dem na Dem go don dey Depot Nigerians...mtcheew #ComeBackHome Be a brain-gain and not a Brain-Drain.

Anyways My #Team luck

Re: Nigerian Doctor, Caroline Ekong Stabbed To Death By Student In UK by Aikon: 6:24pm On Oct 20, 2015
Yeeee!!!!

R.I.P

Even an Iya alagbo will commit freakin,g Frick to a mental facility from his looks.

I hope he won't come out with alibi of 'mental illness'

I hope justice will be done!!!

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Doctor, Caroline Ekong Stabbed To Death By Student In UK by adegwurulez(m): 6:24pm On Oct 20, 2015
dude is going on the insanity plea and getting minimum sentence.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Doctor, Caroline Ekong Stabbed To Death By Student In UK by IbokUtoroh(m): 6:24pm On Oct 20, 2015
eyen nnyin, sanga sung o

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

EFCC Arrests Yahoo Boy In Abuja While Withdrawing £30,000 (Photo) / Man Kills And Buries His Best Friend In Ebonyi Because Of N3m Million (Photos) / See What Happened In Umuahia Yesterday (graphic Photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.