Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,966 members, 7,828,435 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 09:36 AM

US Pastor Sets Internet Abuzz, Says Jesus Died For Money - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / US Pastor Sets Internet Abuzz, Says Jesus Died For Money (1757 Views)

US Pastor, Jenkins: "I Love Women & Pussy" After He Was Caught At Strippers Club / Opinion; Is It Not A Sin To Call The Day That Jesus Died "A Good Friday" ? / How The 12 Apostles Of Jesus Died (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

US Pastor Sets Internet Abuzz, Says Jesus Died For Money by skak(m): 7:15am On Oct 20, 2015
American televangelist and pastor, Creflo
Augustus Dollar, threw the internet into a
frenzy when he claimed that Jesus Christ died
for ‘financial prosperity’.

The 53-year-old Bible preacher and
financial prosperity ambassador took to his
social media on Wednesday, October 7, to
display to his followers that Jesus also agrees
with his financial philosophy. He posted
“Jesus bled and died for us so that we can
lay claim to the promise of financial
prosperity. #ProsperityInChrist
#WealthyLiving #AbundantLife” and some of
the comments which followed were awry.

Some of the commenters mocked the
televangelist due to the fact that the update
does not in anyway agree with orthodox
Christian teaching. This is one is the most
obvious and blatant statements of Creflo’s
prosperity beliefs in recent times. The
televangelist had first got everyone talking
when he asked his church members to donate
$65m so he can buy a private jet to spread
the gospel. He is in the news again for saying
Jesus died so that everybody (including
himself) can enjoy “financial prosperity.”

The controversial posts were quickly deleted
from his Facebook and Twitter pages, but not
without it being already screen-grabbed as
seen above. The prosperity preacher is known
for his controversial interpretation of the
Bible. Examples from Dollar’s teaching include
the following, “The Bible says that wealth is
stored up for the righteous (Proverbs 13:22,
New American Standard). However, it will
remain stored up until you claim it.
Therefore, claim it now! You possess the
ability to seize and command wealth and
riches to come to you (Deuteronomy 8:18).
Exercise that power by speaking faith-filled
words daily and taking practical steps to
eradicate debt. Like God, you can speak
spiritual blessings into existence (Romans
4:17). Remember, doubt keeps silent, but
faith speaks!”

Sometimes, he implores people to sow into
ministries like his so as to get huge blessings.
“You can say, ‘Oh, God, I need money! The
rent is due. The baby needs shoes. And what
about my breakthrough?’ But if you haven’t
sown financial seed, how can you expect a
financial harvest?”

Dollar is known for his controversial teachings
regarding prosperity theology, or the gospel of
wealth. He has long been criticized for living
a lavish lifestyle; he owns two Rolls-Royces, a
private jet, and real estate such as a
million-dollar home in Atlanta, a $2.5
million home in Demarest, New Jersey, and a
$2.5 million home in Manhattan, which he
sold for $3.75 million in 2012. Dollar has
refused to disclose his salary.

https://www.naij.com/608766-jesus-died-money-popular-pastor.html/?odunayo

Re: US Pastor Sets Internet Abuzz, Says Jesus Died For Money by trapQ: 7:21am On Oct 20, 2015
prosperity preachers... prophets of doom
Re: US Pastor Sets Internet Abuzz, Says Jesus Died For Money by Bambless1(m): 7:23am On Oct 20, 2015
Who Gave This Man Osogbo Weed undecided
Re: US Pastor Sets Internet Abuzz, Says Jesus Died For Money by boboLIL(m): 7:42am On Oct 20, 2015
end time pastors
Re: US Pastor Sets Internet Abuzz, Says Jesus Died For Money by leke12(m): 7:44am On Oct 20, 2015
Swagger pastor eeyan oyahkilome...efejo na ku(una go burn)#likeshvoice#
Re: US Pastor Sets Internet Abuzz, Says Jesus Died For Money by TrajansKong: 7:52am On Oct 20, 2015
Beware!! I cushion yu against saying bad words about a man of God. Who knows what could happen to you or your family for generations to come?
Psalm 105:15
Touch not mine anointed, and do my prophets no harm.
Re: US Pastor Sets Internet Abuzz, Says Jesus Died For Money by Jeromejnr(m): 10:04am On Oct 20, 2015
Most Christians die because of their own mouth. And the family ends up blaming God.
Re: US Pastor Sets Internet Abuzz, Says Jesus Died For Money by cold(m): 10:46am On Oct 20, 2015
Christianity 101...tell the people what they want to hear. Does anybody honestly think if it wasn't for the money involved churches would be flourishing the way they do? 98% of people who go to church do so because in their hearts they want to prosper financially and otherwise. Nobody is really interested in going to heaven because in reality there's no such place. Why do you think they all keep praying for long life and prosperity? Heaven can wait,we all need money.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: US Pastor Sets Internet Abuzz, Says Jesus Died For Money by Jeromejnr(m): 10:49am On Oct 20, 2015
cold:
Christianity 101...tell the people what they want to hear. Does anybody honestly think if it wasn't for the money involved churches would be flourishing the way they do? 98% of people who go to church do so because in their hearts they want to prosper financially and otherwise. Nobody is really interested in going to heaven because in reality there's no such place. Why do you think they all keep praying for long life and prosperity? Heaven can wait,we all need money.

Why you so cold towards God?

You cant prove heaven doesn't exist so how did you come to your conclusion?

You think you need money, but in truth you need God.

Not here to debate tho.
Re: US Pastor Sets Internet Abuzz, Says Jesus Died For Money by cold(m): 11:00am On Oct 20, 2015
Jeromejnr:

Why you so cold towards God?

You cant prove heaven doesn't exist so how did you come to your conclusion?

You think you need money, but in truth you need God.

Not here to debate tho.
Ok i'll save you the stress. But i believe you're not ready to make heaven yourself. You want to live to a ripe old age. To see your children and grandchildren. Which isn't a bad thing anyway. Which goes to butress my point. Nobody is ready to meet his/her maker just yet. Heaven can wait,we all want to enjoy all the luxuries this 'sinful world' is ready to offer. Everybody wan go heaven,but nobody wan die my brother.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: US Pastor Sets Internet Abuzz, Says Jesus Died For Money by Jeromejnr(m): 11:05am On Oct 20, 2015
cold:

Ok i'll save you the stress. But i believe you're not ready to make heaven yourself. You want to live to a ripe old age. To see your children and grandchildren. Which isn't a bad thing anyway. Which goes to butress my point. Nobody is ready to meet his/her make just yet. Heaven can wait,we all want to enjoy all the luxuries this 'sinful world' is ready to offer. Everybody wan go heaven,but nobody wan die my brother.

Well, people that have seen heaven before want to die and go back there.

I know a woman who has been crying and begging God to take her back. After seeing that other side she wasn't interested in this world any more.

The reason why most christians are not ready to die is because this world is all they know and all they've seen.
Re: US Pastor Sets Internet Abuzz, Says Jesus Died For Money by TrajansKong: 11:37am On Oct 20, 2015
Jeromejnr:

I know a woman who has been crying and begging God to take her back. After seeing that other side she wasn't interested in this world any more.

The reason why most christians are not ready to die is because this world is all they know and all they've seen.

Are you ready to die, my friend?

Would you like to see Heaven right now??!!??

Jesus is waiting for you...

Tarry not, O Faithful One!

Re: US Pastor Sets Internet Abuzz, Says Jesus Died For Money by cold(m): 12:21pm On Oct 20, 2015
Jeromejnr:

Chai... grin grin grin

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: US Pastor Sets Internet Abuzz, Says Jesus Died For Money by Jeromejnr(m): 1:25pm On Oct 20, 2015
cold:

Chai... grin grin grin

Don't incite me to start with you people again today o!

Don't mistake my previous comments for weakness. I have chosen to come in peace today. cool

Be warned! Lest you drink of the cup of His wrath.

Re: US Pastor Sets Internet Abuzz, Says Jesus Died For Money by Jeromejnr(m): 1:29pm On Oct 20, 2015
TrajansKong:

Are you ready to die, my friend?

Would you like to see Heaven right now??!!??

Jesus is waiting for you...

Tarry not, O Faithful One!

I have a throne to earn my friend, alongside the Almighty.

But how shall I unless I accomplish His will to the end.

Heaven I shall indeed gain at the end of my race.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Atheists, Think About These Things Before You Blame God / "The Father Is Greater Than I" Does This Disprove The Trinity? / 12 Spiritual Signs To Recognize Your Soul Mate

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.