Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,697 members, 7,809,636 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 12:20 PM

Howto Query Webpayinterswitch Transaction Status Using Wordpress(wp_remote_get) - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / Howto Query Webpayinterswitch Transaction Status Using Wordpress(wp_remote_get) (1780 Views)

Reasons To Stop Using Wordpress Internal Linking Plugins / Learn How To Build Your E-commerce Website Like Jumia Using Wordpress For Free / Learn How To Create A Simple Forum Like Nairaland Using Wordpress (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Howto Query Webpayinterswitch Transaction Status Using Wordpress(wp_remote_get) by dwebdesign(m): 9:31am On Oct 20, 2015
for fellow developers on the wordpress platform, beginner, advance and pro level developers.

we know that in PHP , its possible to send server request and a response will be sent in an array , $response=array();

containing the headers of the response, the body of the response , $response['body']. Using procedural php, we can use the two functions php makes available which is the 'curl' function and the 'file_get_contents()' function.

But do you also know that you can query an api using wordpress function called 'wp_remote_get' , with the transport GET?

just to show how is that possible for those that this tutorial will be useful for,

if you know hot to develop a wordpress plugin, fill in your header with the right information as you want

/**
plugin name: query interswitch trans status
plugin URL: http://www.1st-websitedesign.com
Author : your name here, mine is oluwaseun
Author URL: http://www.1st-websitedesign.com
version:1.0.0
and other info like the description here
*/

create and index file, name it query_trans.php,

this is a quick one, if you can't get through, do reply via this thread.

put this code inside it :

function interswitch_page(){ // this function add a new admin menu page you see on the left of your wordpress dashboard.
add_menu_page(
'interswitch transation status check',
'Interswitch payment status',
'manage_options',
'interswitch_check_transaction_status',
'interswitch_cb',
'');
}

add_action('admin_menu', 'interswitch_page');

function interswitch_cb(){// this is the callback function that display a form in your dashboard to collect the product ID, transaction reference, amount paid
?>
<div class="wrap">
<h3>Please Provide your Product ID, the transaction reference of product and amount paid to get payment status.</h3>
<form method="post" action="">
<input type="text" name="product_id" placeholder="Your Product ID" />
</p>
<input type="text" name="transactionreference" Placeholder="Enter Trans. Ref." />
</p>
<input type="text" name="amount" placeholder="Amount Paid"/>
</p>
<input type="submit" name="submit" value="Query Payment Status" class="button-primary" />
</p>
</form>
</div>
<?php
if (!empty($_POST['product_id'])) // function that calculates hash and if correct, sends a request to the interswitch server to get request
{
$total= $_POST['amount'];
$txnref=$_POST['transactionreference'];
$product_id = $_POST['product_id'];
$mac_key = "D3D1D05AFE42AD50818167EAC73C109168A0F108F32645C8B59E897FA930DA44F9230910
DAC9E20641823799A107A02068F7BC0F4CC41D2952E249552255710F";

$query_url = 'https://stageserv.interswitchng.com/test_paydirect/api/v1/gettransaction.json';

$url = "$query_url?productid=$product_id&transactionreference=$txnref&amount=$total";

$hash= $product_id.$txnref.$mac_key;
$hash = hash('sha512' , $hash);

$headers = array(
'Hash' =>$hash,
'httpversion' => '1.0',
'user-agent' => 'WordPress/' . $wp_version . '; ' . get_bloginfo( 'url' )
);

$args = array(
'timeout' => 30,
'headers' => $headers
);

$response = wp_remote_get( $url, $args );
$response = json_decode($response['body'], true);

print_r($hash);
//var_dump($response);

if (var_dump($response['amount'])==NULL){
echo 'No payment was made';
}
else{

echo 'Paid:' .var_dump($response['amount']);
}

}

}

if you can't get through, here is the full source code:

***********************************************************************************

<?php
/**
* @package Interswitch payment status and transation status checks
* @version 1.0
*/
/*
Plugin Name: Interswitch webpay Transactions status
Plugin URI: http://1st-websitedesign.com/
Description:This plugins query the interswitch webservice to get transation status using the transation details
Author: Oluwaseun Paul
Version: 1.0
Author URI: http://www.facebook.com/oluwaseunceo
*/

function interswitch_page(){
add_menu_page(
'interswitch transation status check',
'Interswitch payment status',
'manage_options',
'interswitch_check_transaction_status',
'interswitch_cb',
'');
}

add_action('admin_menu', 'interswitch_page');

function interswitch_cb(){
?>
<div class="wrap">
<h3>Please Provide your Product ID, the transaction reference of product and amount paid to get payment status.</h3>
<form method="post" action="">
<input type="text" name="product_id" placeholder="Your Product ID" />
</p>
<input type="text" name="transactionreference" Placeholder="Enter Trans. Ref." />
</p>
<input type="text" name="amount" placeholder="Amount Paid"/>
</p>
<input type="submit" name="submit" value="Query Payment Status" class="button-primary" />
</p>
</form>
</div>
<?php
if (!empty($_POST['product_id']))
{
$total= $_POST['amount'];
$txnref=$_POST['transactionreference'];
$product_id = $_POST['product_id'];
$mac_key = "D3D1D05AFE42AD50818167EAC73C109168A0F108F32645C8B59E897FA930DA44F9230910
DAC9E20641823799A107A02068F7BC0F4CC41D2952E249552255710F";

$query_url = 'https://stageserv.interswitchng.com/test_paydirect/api/v1/gettransaction.json';

$url = "$query_url?productid=$product_id&transactionreference=$txnref&amount=$total";

$hash= $product_id.$txnref.$mac_key;
$hash = hash('sha512' , $hash);

$headers = array(
'Hash' =>$hash,
'httpversion' => '1.0',
'user-agent' => 'WordPress/' . $wp_version . '; ' . get_bloginfo( 'url' )
);

$args = array(
'timeout' => 30,
'headers' => $headers
);

$response = wp_remote_get( $url, $args );
$response = json_decode($response['body'], true);

print_r($hash);
//var_dump($response);

if (var_dump($response['amount'])==NULL){
echo 'No payment was made';
}
else{

echo 'Paid:' .var_dump($response['amount']);
}

}

}
i hope this helps.
Re: Howto Query Webpayinterswitch Transaction Status Using Wordpress(wp_remote_get) by ladiaj: 5:38pm On Jun 09, 2016
Thanks bro. Your code on Howto Query Webpayinterswitch Transaction Status Using Wordpress worked like magic. I was trying to pass through the last hurdle of getting website approved and switch from demo to live.

I used the Woocomemerce Interswitch Plugin and I now upgraded by buying the Interswitch Webpay Transaction Log. However there was a requirement that there should be a way to query a transaction to know the status.

I googled and your post came up.

I simple created a folder, created a .php text file and copied your code inside it. Uploaded as a Plugin, logged into wordpress. Voila! It appeared right there as a plugin and I simply activated it. I tested it and it returned a valid response. It was able to query the Interswtich webpay.

Thanks, you're life saver and I must appreciate you.

Would like to get in touch perhaps, you're a PHP programmer or something and we might have projects to work together on.

Please Email me at: support@inventrium.net

Thanks

Dipo

(1) (Reply)

Buy Your Socks Proxy / If You Are A Ghanaian, Come And Collect This Ghana Adsense For #19,999 / I Need A Forum Website

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.