Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,377 members, 7,861,043 topics. Date: Friday, 14 June 2024 at 09:58 PM

Random Thoughts Of A Nairalander! - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Random Thoughts Of A Nairalander! (553 Views)

Random Thoughts On President Buhari And Those Who Voted Him In / Soldiers Shoot At Random In Oporoza, Warri, Delta State / Pictures : Random Pictures Of The Nigerian Air-force (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Random Thoughts Of A Nairalander! by Jackeeh(m): 11:45am On Oct 20, 2015
Yesterday at the barbing salon,I listened to a group of young men discussing Biafra and the current situation of the Country. Permit me to quote what one of them said,"if Nnamdi is not freed,we the Biafrans will start attacking hausa people". Hausa people ke? Another said,"in fact Nigeria needs to divide. We need war". Another asserted "he's a Nigerian and he wishes Biafrans would all die". As they argued back and forth,voices and tempers gradually rose. You know guys nah! Smh. Its so sad the way an average Nigerian youth reasons.
Whether we choose to believe it or not,whatever Mr Kanu is hoping to achieve,is gradually taking shape. Even here on Nairaland, the division is glaring. Where I work, I was asked if I'm Biafra or Nigeria. When I inquired the reason for the question, he( a staff) replied he just wanted to know. I later found out he (and another colleague) has been asking other staff same question.
So as I strolled home,I began to wonder :

#1. Where is Mr Nnamdi Kanu based? Nigeria or abroad?

#2. Is his immediate family(if at all he has any) based here in Nigeria or abroad?

#3. Can't he achieve his aim without heating up the country?

#4. Should there be a war(as a result of the heat he is stirring up ),will he be here to handle a gun?

#5. Should there be a war,will his family be affected? Or they will be safe abroad.

My parents have narrated their ordeal during the war. God knows I will not survive any war. I can't even slaughter a chicken(but I can eat one). Not to talk of being conscripted into the army and given a gun to shoot someone. I know my mind really goes to dark places and there will be no war . I only pray we young people will calm down. It hasn't got to choosing sides or talking war. Violence isn't always the answer. This is exactly what I shared with those guys at the barbing salon. Did anyone listen? Of course not. The argument,shouting and abuse resumed. I just hope they didn't end up exchanging blows and breaking my customer's big salon mirror. Hmmmm

1 Like

Re: Random Thoughts Of A Nairalander! by Nobody: 11:49am On Oct 20, 2015
oooooooookkkkkkkkkkk
Re: Random Thoughts Of A Nairalander! by DFemaleBoss(f): 11:51am On Oct 20, 2015
Hmmm
Re: Random Thoughts Of A Nairalander! by Lilyomi(f): 12:06pm On Oct 20, 2015
They stir up strife n cause others to fyt whiles they comfortably sit somewhere and talk. Will the fam b affected?
Politicians are the same!

1 Like

Re: Random Thoughts Of A Nairalander! by Zeedarh(f): 12:11pm On Oct 20, 2015
Nawa oh..... Sometimes i dont understand the way some people think

1 Like

Re: Random Thoughts Of A Nairalander! by Nobody: 12:22pm On Oct 20, 2015
I think the sting of defeat of the past civil war is the reason a lot of Igbo want a re-match.

have they stopped to consider that there are more peaceful ways of going about secession?

if the war begins, it will be fought on igbo soil, how wise is that?

2 Likes

Re: Random Thoughts Of A Nairalander! by PointB: 12:40pm On Oct 20, 2015
@Op,
What Nigeria need is to conduct referendum in the SE as whole and in SS LGAs to determine if they wish to remain in Nigeria or not. Absent this, the situation you witnessed in the salon will continue to escalate across the country and very soon explode in our faces. Then it will be too late to control the conflagration.

War is not always the solution, but it's also not best to remove any option from table in pursuit of peace, equity, and justice. If Nigeria were to go to war with say Cameroon, I am sorry I will not fight let alone die for Nigeria. Nigeria is too useless for anyone to lay his life down for; such will be waste. But Biafra is a different ball game; it's romantic ideas of equity, peace, a fairness is worth a real shot; a real fight! It's an idea that will never die!

2 Likes

Re: Random Thoughts Of A Nairalander! by PointB: 12:47pm On Oct 20, 2015
Ioannes:
I think the sting of defeat of the past civil war is the reason a lot of Igbo want a re-match.

have they stopped to consider that there are more peaceful ways of going about secession?

if the war begins, it will be fought on igbo soil, how wise is that?

Don't be too sure where the war would be fought. In war, territories often change hand, and the one with better weapons, motivation, and strategy may succeed. Biafran war commanders will know the importance of taking the war to the enemies, those who harbour them, and those who give them free pass to Biafran territories. Neutrality must mean, not supporting any side, and not habouring them and not allowing them to pass through your land or airspace to the other side. For instance if Nigeria army are encamped in say your father's house, supplied through your uncle's village, and commanded in your in-laws place - all these places will be declared as enemy territories and the war must be taken to them. They must feel the impact of the war!

The war will not be fought in Igboland, it will be fought anywhere Nigeria army are hosted or encamped. And it will be total!
Re: Random Thoughts Of A Nairalander! by ArodeTsolaye: 12:56pm On Oct 20, 2015
Jackeeh:
Yesterday at the barbing salon,I listened to a group of young men discussing Biafra and the current situation of the Country. Permit me to quote what one of them said,"if Nnamdi is not freed,we the Biafrans will start attacking hausa people". Hausa people ke? Another said,"in fact Nigeria needs to divide. We need war". Another asserted "he's a Nigerian and he wishes Biafrans would all die". As they argued back and forth,voices and tempers gradually rose. You know guys nah! Smh. Its so sad the way an average Nigerian youth reasons.
Whether we choose to believe it or not,whatever Mr Kanu is hoping to achieve,is gradually taking shape. Even here on Nairaland, the division is glaring. Where I work, I was asked if I'm Biafra or Nigeria. When I inquired the reason for the question, he( a staff) replied he just wanted to know. I later found out he (and another colleague) has been asking other staff same question.
So as I strolled home,I began to wonder :

#1. Where is Mr Nnamdi Kanu based? Nigeria or abroad?

#2. Is his immediate family(if at all he has any) based here in Nigeria or abroad?

#3. Can't he achieve his aim without heating up the country?

#4. Should there be a war(as a result of the heat he is stirring up ),will he be here to handle a gun?

#5. Should there be a war,will his family be affected? Or they will be safe abroad.

My parents have narrated their ordeal during the war. God knows I will not survive any war. I can't even slaughter a chicken(but I can eat one). Not to talk of being conscripted into the army and given a gun to shoot someone. I know my mind really goes to dark places and there will be no war . I only pray we young people will calm down. It hasn't got to choosing sides or talking war. Violence isn't always the answer. This is exactly what I shared with those guys at the barbing salon. Did anyone listen? Of course not. The argument,shouting and abuse resumed. I just hope they didn't end up exchanging blows and breaking my customer's big salon mirror. Hmmmm

Nobody is asking for war, Biafrans are one of the most peaceful people in the world, that's why they survive everywhere in the world.
All they asking for is contained in the UN charter for Human Right.

Self-governance in a different country free from Fulani-hausa Islamic feudalists and their monarchical pikeys in the south west. In civilized world it is not difficult to see reason with this line of thought, but is nigeria civilized? Have you ever seen a civilized fulani-led country in africa?

Biafrans want Fulani to rule their hausa subjects and possibly the yorubas. It is their choice and Biafran have made theirs. Why should any quarrel with this?

2 Likes

Re: Random Thoughts Of A Nairalander! by Nobody: 1:04pm On Oct 20, 2015
PointB:

Don't be too sure where the war would be fought. In war, territories often change hand, and the one with better weapons, motivation, and strategy may succeed. Biafran war commanders will know the importance of taking the war to the enemies, those who harbour them, and those who give them free pass to Biafran territories. Neutrality must mean, not supporting any side, and not habouring them and not allowing them to pass through to land or airspace. For instance if Nigeria army are encamped in say your father's house, supplied through your uncle's village, and commanded in your in-laws place - all these places will be declared as enemy territories and the war must be taken to them. They must feel the impact of the war!

The war will not be fought in Igboland, it will be fought anywhere Nigeria army are hosted or encamped. And it will be total!

the last war was fought in the east. it won't be different this time. war is not the answer. you will remember I said so.
Re: Random Thoughts Of A Nairalander! by PointB: 1:08pm On Oct 20, 2015
Ioannes:

the last war was fought in the east. it won't be different this time. war is not the answer. you will remember I said so.

Sure war is not the answer, that's why we keep saying referendum. But if war becomes inevitable, rest assured it will get to your abode. You will remember I told you so.
Re: Random Thoughts Of A Nairalander! by DaBullIT(m): 1:44pm On Oct 20, 2015
War is not fun

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Emperor Of The Country Of Western Nigeria Observe Canada election / OMG!!! DSS Foils Boko Haram Attempt To Bomb Popular Residential Estate In Lagos( / Jonathan Was Never An Option - The Nation

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.