Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,499 members, 7,819,813 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 12:24 AM

Senate Screening Of Khadija Bukar Abba Ibrahim Was A Shame, Don't You Think? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Senate Screening Of Khadija Bukar Abba Ibrahim Was A Shame, Don't You Think? (45394 Views)

Khadija Bukar Abba Ibrahim: Wife Of Senator Whose Video With 2 Women Leaked / Bukar Abba Ibrahim In Sex Scandal. Caught Having Sex With Two Ladies (Photos) / T.A Orji Sleeping During Senate Screening (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Senate Screening Of Khadija Bukar Abba Ibrahim Was A Shame, Don't You Think? by Wisefellow(m): 2:23pm On Oct 20, 2015
The screening of the ministerial nominees by the Senate continued today and it was the turn of a nominee, Khadija Bukar Abba Ibrahim, to be grilled. Honestly, I was expecting the senators to interview and ask questions in relation to the office she held while serving Yobe people and how she can bring that to the national level for positive change we aspire, without minding she's the wife of a serving senator and three-time former Governor of Yobe state.

Instead, what I saw today has revealed that the senators are not ready for the genuine change. The senate president, Dr. Bukola Saraki, made the matter worse by calling her husband to ask her wife a question! The husband ought to have sideline himself and allow other people ask meaningful and developmental questions towards are appointment. "Would you be surprised if the house ask you to take a bow"... asked, the husband?

Seriously, was that a screening question by a serious senator? Does these people think Nigerians are fools? Do the senators take Nigeria affair as a paddy-paddy thing? I feel pained and disheartened by what the senators just did.

I expect seriousness on the part of service to our dear nation and this should reflect on every strata of our government and amongst Nigerians. The media houses should condemn what just happened and keep the senators and public officials on their toes. Please!

162 Likes 18 Shares

Re: Senate Screening Of Khadija Bukar Abba Ibrahim Was A Shame, Don't You Think? by Candyrain(m): 2:34pm On Oct 20, 2015
Quite unfortunate. What do you expect from a country where the political class takes its citizen for a ride? This can only happen in Naija. It's funny how people will still defend this bullshiit. Smh

WinkWrld:
Wife. 3times house of rep. Commissioner.
Husband. 3 time former governor. Of one state. Current senator.
Is this a family affair? With over 160 million people. One man will just stay on seat for years. And if you look at Yobe. It's an eye sour. Corruption is d game. Bukar is the player

Can you imagine?

73 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Senate Screening Of Khadija Bukar Abba Ibrahim Was A Shame, Don't You Think? by tayebest(m): 2:41pm On Oct 20, 2015
I also expect them to be drilled with Question, but sha, all zzzz well...

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Senate Screening Of Khadija Bukar Abba Ibrahim Was A Shame, Don't You Think? by Afam4eva(m): 2:42pm On Oct 20, 2015
I have watched with utmost despair the way people have been asked to take a power and go as if it's an eckankar worship center. This is rather shameful.

61 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Senate Screening Of Khadija Bukar Abba Ibrahim Was A Shame, Don't You Think? by aminho(m): 2:43pm On Oct 20, 2015
SHE IS CURRENTLY A SERVING MEMBER OF THE HOR

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Senate Screening Of Khadija Bukar Abba Ibrahim Was A Shame, Don't You Think? by Frankiss44(m): 3:00pm On Oct 20, 2015
AND SOME FOOLS WILL COME HERE AND CALL YOU A WAILER... THEY HAVE THE GUTS TO TAKE US FOR A RIDE BECAUSE THEY KNOW THAT IRRESPECTIVE OF WHAT THEY DO, THEY HAVE SUPPORTERS BACKING THEM

81 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Senate Screening Of Khadija Bukar Abba Ibrahim Was A Shame, Don't You Think? by yetunsbay(m): 3:17pm On Oct 20, 2015
Afam4eva:
I have watched with utmost despair the way people have been asked to take a power and go as if it's an eckankar worship center. This is rather shameful.
it nt even abt d way people are ask to take power rather there shld be a level plain field. Hw cn one man pass thru rigorous screening and other never did

14 Likes

Re: Senate Screening Of Khadija Bukar Abba Ibrahim Was A Shame, Don't You Think? by meforyou1(m): 3:33pm On Oct 20, 2015
Actually she was asked to take a bow and go, not because her husband is a serving Senator, but because she herself is a member of national assembly. 3 time house of reps member.
Not saying it's a good thing, but it was the convention senate used to clear 2 former senators that are ministerial nominees. Though Lie Mohd didn't deserve it, but they extended the gesture to him.
And same will be extended to Senator Heineken when he comes for his own screening.
Conventions are conventions.

24 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Senate Screening Of Khadija Bukar Abba Ibrahim Was A Shame, Don't You Think? by Uncleodi(m): 3:40pm On Oct 20, 2015
I comment my reserve! undecided
Re: Senate Screening Of Khadija Bukar Abba Ibrahim Was A Shame, Don't You Think? by modath(f): 3:53pm On Oct 20, 2015
Frankiss44:
AND SOME FOOLS WILL COME HERE AND CALL YOU A WAILER... THEY HAVE THE GUTS TO TAKE US FOR A RIDE BECAUSE THEY KNOW THAT IRRESPECTIVE OF WHAT THEY DO, THEY HAVE SUPPORTERS BACKING THEM

E-Hug... cheesy, i know that came from somewhere deep..

You now know how it felt when PDP was riding us all.. cheesy

But in all truthfulness, she wasn't asked to take a bow cos of her husband but cos of her position as an HOR member.... It's the norm...

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: Senate Screening Of Khadija Bukar Abba Ibrahim Was A Shame, Don't You Think? by QuotaSystem: 3:56pm On Oct 20, 2015
Regardless, her introductory citation was sterling and her diction was perfect.

It's truly a shame that she was not given the opportunity to share her experience and intellectual prowess with us as evidenced by her resume.

MayorofLagos:

Post her resume for here abeg make we see

Honorable Khadija Bukar Abba Ibrahim has a B.Sc in Business Studies and Sociology from the University of Surrey, United Kingdom (1989). Before then, she bagged a National Diploma in Sociology from Padworth College, Reading, UK (1986). She got her O ‘levels from Headington School, Oxford, UK in 1985.

Apart from being a lawmaker and public servant, Khadija Bukar Abba Ibrahim was a Resident Commissioner for NICON Insurance, Yobe State between 2006 and 2007. She joined the 6th National Assembly on May 29, 2007 after her public service experience as the Commissioner for Transport and Energy in Yobe State between 2004 and 2007.

During her first tenure as a lawmaker, she held several leadership positions that came with lots of tasks. She was Deputy Chairman of both the House Committee on Rural Development and House Committee on Communication. She also served as member in the Power, Water Resources, Interior, Women Affairs, Appropriation, Electoral matters, Banking and Currency, Petroleum upstream, Police Affairs, Sports and Constitution Review committees.

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Senate Screening Of Khadija Bukar Abba Ibrahim Was A Shame, Don't You Think? by chigoizie7(m): 4:00pm On Oct 20, 2015
I just pity the ministry that woman will head, with her little introduction, that woman is a simple definition of the word, "FLOP". If buhari, after listening to that woman and her introduction and still appoint her as a minister, then buhari hates Nigeria

11 Likes

Re: Senate Screening Of Khadija Bukar Abba Ibrahim Was A Shame, Don't You Think? by veekid(m): 4:59pm On Oct 20, 2015
Fym
Re: Senate Screening Of Khadija Bukar Abba Ibrahim Was A Shame, Don't You Think? by ikbnice(m): 5:00pm On Oct 20, 2015
see ministers-to-be in a country making loud noise about CHANGE. I just hope we won't change to the worse.
They turned screening into a family dialogue. Nigeria is in trouble.

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Senate Screening Of Khadija Bukar Abba Ibrahim Was A Shame, Don't You Think? by Dottore: 5:02pm On Oct 20, 2015
Inyarinya
Re: Senate Screening Of Khadija Bukar Abba Ibrahim Was A Shame, Don't You Think? by Nobody: 5:02pm On Oct 20, 2015
Candyrain:
Quite unfortunate. What do you expect from a country where the political class takes its citizen for a ride? This can only happen in a ........ lipsrsealed

ZOO!

6 Likes

Re: Senate Screening Of Khadija Bukar Abba Ibrahim Was A Shame, Don't You Think? by MayorofLagos(m): 5:02pm On Oct 20, 2015
QuotaSystem:
Regardless, her introductory citation was sterling and her diction was perfect.

It's truly a shame that she was not given the opportunity to share her intellectual prowess with us as evidenced by her resume.

Post her resume for here abeg make we see
Re: Senate Screening Of Khadija Bukar Abba Ibrahim Was A Shame, Don't You Think? by adioolayi(m): 5:02pm On Oct 20, 2015
Hypocrisy in the air! I can't believe that's what I paid those lawmakers for with my Tax...Just to bring bedroom affairs to the centre of an important screening and some e.diots are here criticizing Barrister Shittu's articulated responses... the man was on hot seat grin ...I expected them to up the tempo on others..yet they disappointed..It was a show of shame

2 Likes

Re: Senate Screening Of Khadija Bukar Abba Ibrahim Was A Shame, Don't You Think? by Flye: 5:02pm On Oct 20, 2015
Ok
Re: Senate Screening Of Khadija Bukar Abba Ibrahim Was A Shame, Don't You Think? by kennyman2000(m): 5:03pm On Oct 20, 2015
Hmmmmm... I just feel like blaming my destiny for the reason behind why i was born in ths country called Nigeria, with the rubbish our politician does..

whichever way, i'll assume, all is well to keep myself calm...

Check my signature for ur customised wristband

2 Likes

Re: Senate Screening Of Khadija Bukar Abba Ibrahim Was A Shame, Don't You Think? by Blurry: 5:04pm On Oct 20, 2015
What a shame
Re: Senate Screening Of Khadija Bukar Abba Ibrahim Was A Shame, Don't You Think? by Nobody: 5:04pm On Oct 20, 2015
this is nat what i signed up for .... cry
Re: Senate Screening Of Khadija Bukar Abba Ibrahim Was A Shame, Don't You Think? by lilprinze: 5:04pm On Oct 20, 2015
APC has nothing meaningful to offer this country apart from propaganda, lies and hypocrisy.

6 Likes

Re: Senate Screening Of Khadija Bukar Abba Ibrahim Was A Shame, Don't You Think? by ikbnice(m): 5:05pm On Oct 20, 2015
adioolayi:
Hypocrisy in the air! and some e.diots are here criticizing Barrister Shittu's articulated responses... the man was on hot seat grin
shittu's responses were too lame even if uttered on a seat of hot coal. These are ministers-to-be not admission seekers. They should know what they are in for.

1 Like

Re: Senate Screening Of Khadija Bukar Abba Ibrahim Was A Shame, Don't You Think? by Nobody: 5:05pm On Oct 20, 2015
x
Re: Senate Screening Of Khadija Bukar Abba Ibrahim Was A Shame, Don't You Think? by AhmadMind: 5:06pm On Oct 20, 2015
[size=28pt]Why did GEJ not screen these candidates last year?[/size]

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Senate Screening Of Khadija Bukar Abba Ibrahim Was A Shame, Don't You Think? by Nobody: 5:07pm On Oct 20, 2015
Are they the only Educated or Rich people in their constituency?
Guess their children are local government chairman and councillors....

6 Likes

Re: Senate Screening Of Khadija Bukar Abba Ibrahim Was A Shame, Don't You Think? by BCISLTD: 5:07pm On Oct 20, 2015
angry what did u guys expect. ...I was disappointed.

Check out my GL 450

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Senate Screening Of Khadija Bukar Abba Ibrahim Was A Shame, Don't You Think? by dammywizzy: 5:07pm On Oct 20, 2015
Just the other day Dino malaye was saying is nt going to be "business as usual" but it's just a disgrace to member of the public just cos her husband is present he was nt even suppose to talk at least for the period d woman said practically nothing except for the "bragado" intro.
Re: Senate Screening Of Khadija Bukar Abba Ibrahim Was A Shame, Don't You Think? by Nobody: 5:07pm On Oct 20, 2015
Nigeria is a zoo.. .

click like if you think so...

8 Likes

Re: Senate Screening Of Khadija Bukar Abba Ibrahim Was A Shame, Don't You Think? by andymofia(m): 5:08pm On Oct 20, 2015
booked
Re: Senate Screening Of Khadija Bukar Abba Ibrahim Was A Shame, Don't You Think? by Dindondin(m): 5:08pm On Oct 20, 2015
I didn't wash it

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Owerri Deserted As Nnamdi Kanu Appears In Court In Abuja: Pics / James Ibori Looking Dapper As He Receives Delta State Delegates In London. PICS / Lagos Residents Boo Usman Alkali Baba, Police Inspector General During Visit

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.