Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,113 members, 7,814,910 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 10:57 PM

Ministerial Screening: 3 Things Shittu Said Most Nigerians Won't Agree With - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ministerial Screening: 3 Things Shittu Said Most Nigerians Won't Agree With (48751 Views)

Why Nigerians Won't Occupy Nigeria As Fuel Subsidy Removed / Fani-Kayode Calls Bayo Shittu A Boko Haram Sympathiser Or A Coward / Senate Under Pressure Over Ngige, Amaechi, Shittu (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ministerial Screening: 3 Things Shittu Said Most Nigerians Won't Agree With by ALISMILE(m): 3:47pm On Oct 20, 2015
The Senate today, Tuesday, October 20, conducted another round of ministerial screening as two ministerial nominees entertained questions raised on the floor of the House.

Out of the first 21 nominees from ‘batch A’, 19 have been screened while one nominee from Batch B has also been screened, leaving 15 nominees from ‘batch B’, and one (Rotimi Amaechi) from the first list yet to be quizzed and one, Ahmed Musa Ibeto, withdrawn from the list of nominees.

Today, only two ministerial nominees were screened, Oyo state’s Barrister AbdulRaheem Adebayo Shittu and Yobe’s Khadija Abba Ibrahim. However, during Shittu’s ministerial screening, there were three statements made by him that majority of Nigerians might readily disagree with him on. Read the statements made by the Islamic enthusiast below:

1. ‘All religious leaders should be paid officers, they should be paid by the government.’

2. ‘Religion must be made compulsory in our institutions.’
3. ‘I believe that government should establish cattle ranches at the LG Level, State Level and FG Level.’

Are you of the same opinion with the ministerial nominee?

https://www.naij.com/611143-ministerialscreening-3-things-shittu-said-nigerians-wont-agree.html

2 Likes

Re: Ministerial Screening: 3 Things Shittu Said Most Nigerians Won't Agree With by madridguy(m): 3:50pm On Oct 20, 2015
THE MAN MUST BE HIGH ON EXPIRED OYO WEED. THEY SHOULD SCREENED HIM OUT AND REPLACE HIM WITH A BETTER CANDIDATE JARE. PAY RELIGIOUS LEADER UNDER MY A$$

166 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Ministerial Screening: 3 Things Shittu Said Most Nigerians Won't Agree With by ikbnice(m): 3:52pm On Oct 20, 2015
A minister-to-be of the Federal Republic of Nigeria saying this poo. What development can arise from this?

He is just as clueless as Otuoeke 'landlord'. Build cattle ranches, pay religious leaders ... OMG! This man has drunk ogogoro

*Join me celebrate my birthday with LIKES*

127 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Ministerial Screening: 3 Things Shittu Said Most Nigerians Won't Agree With by TonyeBarcanista(m): 3:54pm On Oct 20, 2015
That man appears and talk like a religious fanatic. Imagine this madness
(2) 'Religion must be made compulsory in our institutions

Nonsense!!!

89 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Ministerial Screening: 3 Things Shittu Said Most Nigerians Won't Agree With by ALISMILE(m): 3:54pm On Oct 20, 2015
My post hit d font page again! Here is my bank acct number 126558566!

6 Likes

Re: Ministerial Screening: 3 Things Shittu Said Most Nigerians Won't Agree With by Nobody: 3:57pm On Oct 20, 2015
Iranu

5 Likes

Re: Ministerial Screening: 3 Things Shittu Said Most Nigerians Won't Agree With by ALISMILE(m): 3:58pm On Oct 20, 2015
TonyeBarcanista:

Nonsense!!!
u shudnt call that nonsense! I believe its becos the teaching of religion goes unregulated by govt pple frm all sort of ideology ve hijacked religion! I think we need to look at this more deeply!

23 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ministerial Screening: 3 Things Shittu Said Most Nigerians Won't Agree With by footreja: 3:59pm On Oct 20, 2015
SirWere:
Iranu

abasha

8 Likes

Re: Ministerial Screening: 3 Things Shittu Said Most Nigerians Won't Agree With by ziccoit: 4:03pm On Oct 20, 2015
1. By paying the religion leaders that means the government would be able to regulate his activity. A Pastor/Imam can not just wake up from wrong side of his bed preaching hate message. The message would have to be channeled through some recognized body who are going to vet it and release it to the public.

2. There is no crime in making religion study compulsory at primary and secondary level of education. By having knowledge of dos and donts of my Neighbour religion would ensure harmony, peaceful coexistence and mutual respect.

3. Yes. Free range method of rearing is the course of communal clashes between the cattle farmers and their host community.

4. BH doesn't represent Islam.

So, it depends on how you view what he said. I believe he makes sense.

162 Likes 13 Shares

Re: Ministerial Screening: 3 Things Shittu Said Most Nigerians Won't Agree With by Afam4eva(m): 4:04pm On Oct 20, 2015
CHANGE nka dikwa egwu. Are these people taking us back to the dark ages? I wonder which ministry that one will be heading.

24 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ministerial Screening: 3 Things Shittu Said Most Nigerians Won't Agree With by kossyablaze(m): 4:04pm On Oct 20, 2015
Mtchew

5 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Ministerial Screening: 3 Things Shittu Said Most Nigerians Won't Agree With by BALLOSKI: 4:06pm On Oct 20, 2015
I watched him live.

hate him or like him; shittu is the man!

*modified*

Fine! Maybe I wasn't paying attention then. Don't quote me again

8 Likes

Re: Ministerial Screening: 3 Things Shittu Said Most Nigerians Won't Agree With by lilslick(m): 4:08pm On Oct 20, 2015
nekwa fa!!!

4 Likes

Re: Ministerial Screening: 3 Things Shittu Said Most Nigerians Won't Agree With by TonyeBarcanista(m): 4:12pm On Oct 20, 2015
ALISMILE:
u shudnt call that nonsense! I believe its becos the teaching of religion goes unregulated by govt pple frm all sort of ideology ve hijacked religion! I think we need to look at this more deeply!
there is nothing to discuss! shittu is a fanatic

22 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ministerial Screening: 3 Things Shittu Said Most Nigerians Won't Agree With by ALISMILE(m): 4:19pm On Oct 20, 2015
ziccoit:
1. By paying the religion leaders that means the government would be able to regulate his activity. A Pastor/Imam can not just wake up from wrong side of his bed preaching hate message. The message would have to be channeled through some recognized body who are going to vet it and release it to the public.

2. There is no crime in making religion study compulsory at primary and secondary level of education. By having knowledge of dos and donts of my Neighbour religion would ensure harmony, peaceful coexistence and mutual respect.

3. Yes. Free range method of rearing is the course of communal clashes between the cattle farmers and their host community.

your number 2 explanation of wat Shittu said is too gud! U really got it there! But most pple rush to criticise!

35 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ministerial Screening: 3 Things Shittu Said Most Nigerians Won't Agree With by chigoizie7(m): 4:20pm On Oct 20, 2015
ALISMILE:

Did he take other people's belief into consideration? Na only him get naija? To me, that is nonsense, he should not be made a minister because he is self oriented/centered, he is only particular about what he believes and not the plight of the people he is meant to serve. How could he say such a thing? Religious leaders should be paid? On what grounds? Why didn't he clamour for all unemployed graduates to be paid?

33 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Ministerial Screening: 3 Things Shittu Said Most Nigerians Won't Agree With by ALISMILE(m): 4:22pm On Oct 20, 2015
TonyeBarcanista:
there is nothing to discuss! shittu is a fanatic
for Gods sake how do u jus jump to hang a man jus like that! Why do we tend to hate pple whose views about life re premised on Islam, even though the view is found to be faultless!

12 Likes

Re: Ministerial Screening: 3 Things Shittu Said Most Nigerians Won't Agree With by chigoizie7(m): 4:24pm On Oct 20, 2015
ziccoit:

And the money made from religion will then go where?

27 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Ministerial Screening: 3 Things Shittu Said Most Nigerians Won't Agree With by ALISMILE(m): 4:28pm On Oct 20, 2015
chigoizie7:

Did he take other people's belief into consideration? Na only him get naija? To me, that is nonsense, he should not be made a minister because he is self oriented/centered, he is only particular about what he believes and not the plight of the people he is meant to serve. How could he say such a thing? Religious leaders should be paid? On what grounds? Why didn't he clamour for all unemployed graduates to be paid?
I refer u to this;[quote author=ziccoit post=39172854]1. By paying the religion leaders that means the government would be able to regulate his activity. A Pastor/Imam can not just wake up from wrong side of his bed preaching hate message. The message would have to be channeled through some recognized body who are going to vet it and release it to the public.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ministerial Screening: 3 Things Shittu Said Most Nigerians Won't Agree With by TonyeBarcanista(m): 4:29pm On Oct 20, 2015
ALISMILE:
for Gods sake how do u jus jump to hang a man jus like that! Why do we tend to hate pple whose views about life re premised on Islam, even though the view is found to be faultless!
How do you mean? It is not about Islam but about someone who believe that religion should take center-stage in our government institutions when we all know that Nigeria has no State religion. He's a fanatic and a potential terrorist

38 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ministerial Screening: 3 Things Shittu Said Most Nigerians Won't Agree With by TonyeBarcanista(m): 4:31pm On Oct 20, 2015
chigoizie7:

Don't mind the terrorist called Shittu!!!!

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ministerial Screening: 3 Things Shittu Said Most Nigerians Won't Agree With by ALISMILE(m): 4:38pm On Oct 20, 2015
TonyeBarcanista:

How do you mean? It is not about Islam but about someone who believe that religion should take center-stage in our government institutions when we all know that Nigeria has no State religion. He's a fanatic and a potential terrorist
Maybe u didn't watch d screening session! U re advised to do dat b4 hanging that innocent man! Whether u like it or not religion is part of our national concerns today! Running away frm dis reality creates those vacuums that have continue to haunt us! Nigerians can never ever renounce religion again, so its therefore better for each and evryone of us to properly understnd it! Understnding religion will teach us to respect one anodas religion!

9 Likes

Re: Ministerial Screening: 3 Things Shittu Said Most Nigerians Won't Agree With by ziky2010(m): 4:42pm On Oct 20, 2015
whether u accept or not,he has given his candid opinion

1 Like

Re: Ministerial Screening: 3 Things Shittu Said Most Nigerians Won't Agree With by ALISMILE(m): 4:44pm On Oct 20, 2015
chigoizie7:

He took oda pples belief into consideration and that is why he recommends that all major religions shud be thought in sch! Why is dis soo hard for guys to understnd?

4 Likes

Re: Ministerial Screening: 3 Things Shittu Said Most Nigerians Won't Agree With by dustydee: 4:46pm On Oct 20, 2015
ziccoit:

What about atheists? And are they going to get teachers for all religions?

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ministerial Screening: 3 Things Shittu Said Most Nigerians Won't Agree With by DelticStephEn(f): 4:48pm On Oct 20, 2015
Southwest!!!
it is indeed true that if you remove SS & SE from Nigeria that Nigeria will automatically Become "Sharia Republic"
TonyeBarcanista.
watcha say

14 Likes

Re: Ministerial Screening: 3 Things Shittu Said Most Nigerians Won't Agree With by hinwazaka: 4:51pm On Oct 20, 2015
TonyeBarcanista:

Nonsense!!!
That man was specifically picked by the President, on account of him being a member of the CPC faction. The man is a disaster waiting to happen.

15 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ministerial Screening: 3 Things Shittu Said Most Nigerians Won't Agree With by veekid(m): 4:51pm On Oct 20, 2015
?
Re: Ministerial Screening: 3 Things Shittu Said Most Nigerians Won't Agree With by CR77(f): 4:51pm On Oct 20, 2015
Rubbish of d century
madridguy:
THE MAN MUST BE HIGH ON EXPIRED OYO WEED. THEY SHOULD SCREENED HIM OUT AND REPLACE HIM WITH A BETTER CANDIDATE JARE. PAY RELIGIOUS LEADER UNDER MY A$$

2 Likes

Re: Ministerial Screening: 3 Things Shittu Said Most Nigerians Won't Agree With by Richie0974: 4:52pm On Oct 20, 2015
Shoro niyen

2 Likes

Re: Ministerial Screening: 3 Things Shittu Said Most Nigerians Won't Agree With by CR77(f): 4:52pm On Oct 20, 2015
Re: Ministerial Screening: 3 Things Shittu Said Most Nigerians Won't Agree With by tolexy007(m): 4:52pm On Oct 20, 2015
cheesy

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Ibe Kachikwu And Wife, Elizabeth, At Thisday Awards (pic) / The Meaning Of ' Gazelle Gagaraga ' (Explained) / Kiki Osinbajo Beautiful In New Photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.