Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,307 members, 7,836,336 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 05:30 AM

Type I Diabetes :the Fact You Should Know - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Type I Diabetes :the Fact You Should Know (838 Views)

How To Fight TYPE 2 DIABETES The Natural Way!!!!!! / Defeating Diabetes: The Best Way To Beat Is To Never Develop It / Diabetes The Silent Killer! Stop It!!! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Type I Diabetes :the Fact You Should Know by abbyabby: 4:40pm On May 01, 2009
Traditionally considered to be a fairly uncommon disease process, Type I diabetes affects approximately one out of every 250 people.

There are many hundreds things that can go wrong with your body. Consider this short list:

11 beta hydroxylase deficiency - Congenital benign spinal muscular atrophy dominant - 48 xxxx syndrome - Cartilage hair hypoplasia like syndrome - Diphosphoglycerate mutase deficiency of erythrocyte - Achondrogenesis - D-glycerate dehydrogenase deficiency - Ectopic coarctation

Fortunately, even most doctors have not heard of some of these. But even though it is considered fairly uncommon, you probably know someone with Type I Diabetes.

Symptoms

While the symptoms of Type I diabetes tend to be subtle in most cases, if not treated, they will actually become fairly severe. Some of the most common symptoms include:

Blurry vision - Frequent urination - Increased thirst - Dry mouth, even after drinking - Heavy or labored breathing for no apparent reason

Other serious symptoms and signs associated with Type I diabetes that warrant an emergent need for medical attention may include:

Abdominal pain Confusion Rapid breathing and heart rate Shaking, trembling Fruity or sweet smelling breath

Causes

Scientists still aren't aware of a variety of the factors inducing one to have Type I diabetes. However, they do know that a susceptibility to the condition may be inherited from one or both parents. Researchers have discovered that this form of diabetes may also be caused by something in the environment that causes an unfortunate reaction within the immune system. However, they are unsure as to the exact origin of these triggers.

Diagnosis

For an accurate diagnosis of Type I diabetes, your doctor must check for abnormal blood sugar levels by performing a blood test, or also testing for the presence of glucose or ketones in the urine. With today's technology, there is no way to test for a tendency for Type I diabetes, or a method to prevent one from developing this type of diabetes.

http://ourhealthandwealth..com/
Re: Type I Diabetes :the Fact You Should Know by DrSandhu: 5:11am On Dec 12, 2012
pardon my ignorance, but i completely missed the point.

what exactly does this information do to help anyone?

Actual facts

1. Type 1 Diabetes effects between 1 to 17 people per 100000, varying with the country where the incidence has been recorded
2. It is known to be of autoimmune origin, exact etiology unclear
3. it can be distinguished from Type 2 Diabetes by C Peptide measurement(to measure the production of Insluin in the body)
4. It is treatable by Insulin, which is life long because essentially, the problem is the lack of Insulin production in the body
5. Pancreatic transplants are useful in extreme cases. Stem Cells are being used in a few locations as an experimental modality.

I dont know where you got this list of things which can go wrong...but apparently most medical schools teach doctors to understand the common diseases much better as compared to rare diagnoses which might never be seen in 40 years of work!

I hope this information improves the understanding of the disease for everyone on this forum.
Re: Type I Diabetes :the Fact You Should Know by Greenslim: 7:50am On Dec 12, 2012
Early care is important. start now

Re: Type I Diabetes :the Fact You Should Know by DrSandhu: 12:16pm On Dec 12, 2012
Greenslim: Early care is important. start now

In Type 1 Diabetes, only Insulin will work.
There is NO OTHER OPTION.

all these so called supplements are useless and potentially dangerous to patients.

(1) (Reply)

Pimples Remedies! / I Urinate Too Much / I Keep Puking Up And Have Dhareaia

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.