Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,971 members, 7,825,037 topics. Date: Sunday, 12 May 2024 at 01:19 AM

Warning To My Bank, Advice To My Fellow "KONTI" - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Warning To My Bank, Advice To My Fellow "KONTI" (588 Views)

Quitting My Bank Job And Travelling To Canada For MSC, The Right Move ?? / Either To Work For CCECC Or ACCESS BANK ...advice / 4 Warning Signs That You Won’t Get The Job – And How You Can Fix It (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Warning To My Bank, Advice To My Fellow "KONTI" by rebelXYZ: 6:25pm On Oct 20, 2015
It's with deep regret I was writing this just right from the angle of my cubicle because I never thought I would ever become this frustrated after having to study hard in the polytechnic to get a good grade in order to find myself in the midst of brilliant guys in the labour market.

First of all, let me call on the attention of all contract staff (a.k.a KONTI) in the banking sector to seek the way forward in their career as being a contract staff especially in the banking sector is one of the most deadly talent killers. I am a victim of this and as such, am not just writing this from my imagination. It’s just the fact! To start from the time you spend in the office ranging from 9/10/11 even up to 12 hours depending on the transactions and issues arising from those transactions. Imagine staying in the office all through these hours in CANADA. Ewele ooo! #lemejustshutup. Once your time is taken away from you, tell me what else you will be able to achieve as a young man/woman. Not as if there's substantial rewards for you being compensation on your time that has been exhausted. Crazy!

As for my own bank which I want to give warning to before I come back here again to disclose it name and mention the names of those wicked ones in the management  and all other stories surrounding the outrageous slavery going on in the bank. On behalf of myself and my meticulous colleagues, they should please fulfill their promise as some of us are already stock of patience and we won’t hesitate to drag the BANK’s name into mud not minding whatever legal consequences we may have to face.

I don’t want to say much, but let me just quickly mention the promise they have made to us because I believe their media person may be seeing this, probably deduce that they’re the one am referring to, call their attenton and if they reason well, they will do something quickly before I come back here to post many of my write-ups. This is not just a threat as machineries have been put in place to spread the campaign against modern slavery which is now the order of the day in the Nigerian labour market. Under the campaign, banking sector would have its own segment separately and sub-segment for my bank too. My bank has promised "to convert us as full staff after a period of one year", but we are already spanning two and half years in the system and nothing has happened. No one is even addressing us to know our fate.. #asifwearenobody

Though, there was no legal agreement in respect to the conversion, but I will give you more than enough reason why we deserve to be made full staff probably in my next post (that’s if they refuse to fulfill their promise).

I wanna rest here for now.. I will be back if need be.

Thanks.

rebelXYZ.

Cc: seun, lalasticlala
Re: Warning To My Bank, Advice To My Fellow "KONTI" by SonOfTheLion(m): 7:53pm On Oct 20, 2015
Worthy of FP

cc: lalasticlala
Re: Warning To My Bank, Advice To My Fellow "KONTI" by pweetyoge(f): 11:02pm On Oct 20, 2015
Banking jobmodern day slavery
God go help una shaa
Re: Warning To My Bank, Advice To My Fellow "KONTI" by LuckyLadolce(m): 9:53am On Nov 05, 2015
cc: lalasticlala, seun, ishilove you guys shld help move this to fp. I've gone through this before and i feel the pain of this guy. SonOfTheLion see ur family grin i know u will be the first to comment on this type of thread grin
Re: Warning To My Bank, Advice To My Fellow "KONTI" by rebelXYZ: 1:43pm On Nov 12, 2015
lalasticlala why cant u just help me push this to fp all those while?
Re: Warning To My Bank, Advice To My Fellow "KONTI" by rebelXYZ: 9:43pm On Nov 15, 2015
lalasticlala lalasticlala lalasticlala! pls help a brother!

(1) (Reply)

Secrets For A Successful And Fulfilled Life / Feel Discourage Wen No One Is There 2 Help In Achievin Your Goals As A Disable / Physics Graduate With An Interview In An Energy Firm

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.