Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,748 members, 7,817,063 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 02:35 AM

Eredo, Ijebu - The World's Largest Man-made Structure - Culture (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Eredo, Ijebu - The World's Largest Man-made Structure (62692 Views)

MYTHBUSTER: This Is The Real Largest Man-made Structure, Not Eredo Ijebu / Eredo, Ijebu - The World's Largest Man-made Structure / The Benin (igodomigodo) Moats - The Largest Man-made Earthworks In The World (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Eredo, Ijebu - The World's Largest Man-made Structure by Rossikk(m): 1:20pm On Oct 21, 2015
demelza:
This is so poignant.
They must be somersaulting in their graves. All our major constructions now are being done by the white man whereas our ancestors achieved feats that is baffling to this same whites.
@Rossikk, thanks for sharing.
No probs. Meanwhile a thread titled "Nollywood actress Susan Peters takes lovely picture with her new white husband'' is considered more FP worthy than this thread. And you wonder why we have problems in Africa.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Eredo, Ijebu - The World's Largest Man-made Structure by damola1: 1:42pm On Oct 21, 2015
Rossikk:
No probs. Meanwhile a thread titled "Nollywood actress Susan Peters takes lovely picture with her new white husband'' is considered more FP worthy than this thread. And you wonder why we have problems in Africa.

That's normal. For Nairaland to remain sustainable they need traffic, and if Nigerians dig that why not, besides the information you posted did not cc: lalastica, do that, and am positive it'll get more response. Because susan is on front page, don't mean forest cannot be on it.
Re: Eredo, Ijebu - The World's Largest Man-made Structure by Rossikk(m): 2:20pm On Oct 21, 2015
damola1:

That's normal. For Nairaland to remain sustainable they need traffic, and if Nigerians dig that why not, besides the information you posted did not cc: lalastica, do that, and am positive it'll get more response. Because susan is on front page, don't mean forest cannot be on it.
What does that cc lalastica stuff mean anyway? I find it irritating when I see it on posts.

2 Likes

Re: Eredo, Ijebu - The World's Largest Man-made Structure by damola1: 5:15pm On Oct 21, 2015
Rossikk:
What does that cc lalastica stuff mean anyway? I find it irritating when I see it on posts.

I think that is calling out the name of a super mod.
Re: Eredo, Ijebu - The World's Largest Man-made Structure by tpiander: 5:21pm On Oct 21, 2015
IamAtribalist:
cool
When I visited South Africa 5 years ago, I met an old Zulu chief who told me the Zulu (his people) traded with ancient Yoruboid/Edoid tribes as far back 700 years before the Europeans came to the the Horn of Africa. Apparently (According to the chief) these conehead amala-eating muthafvckers and their Edo brothers build sea vessels that traveled from Western coast of Africa down to the shores of South Africa. I asked him how he knew they were Yorubas and he said all he knows is that those people came from the same place the present day South Westerners reside today - and the story has been passed on from generation to generation. He said grandfather visited Nigeria pre-independence and was able to swap stories or oral tradition of trade with some of the Egbas of the South West.

hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

i like your stories, do you have more.

is this one from the long lost "Portuguese archives" which recently resurfaced.

1 Like

Re: Eredo, Ijebu - The World's Largest Man-made Structure by Shymm3x: 5:25pm On Oct 21, 2015
One reason why the zoo must collapse.

The zoo took my folks away from this greatness to backwardness.

Fvck the zoo.

5 Likes

Re: Eredo, Ijebu - The World's Largest Man-made Structure by IamAtribalist: 5:28pm On Oct 21, 2015
tpiander:

hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

i like your stories, do you have more.

is this one from the long lost "Portuguese archives" which recently resurfaced.

cool who is this one? Identify yourself. Are you an amala-eating conehead or an akpu-grubbing flatthead? I want to know how to address you properly.

5 Likes

Re: Eredo, Ijebu - The World's Largest Man-made Structure by WIZGUY69(m): 5:32pm On Oct 21, 2015
ChimaAdeoye:
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
grin
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

[size=18pt]Chest beaters!

As usual, making hilarious claims.

Why not the biggest man made object in the universe? grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
[/size]

You behave like an IPOB tout this boy!
who born you sef?

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Eredo, Ijebu - The World's Largest Man-made Structure by tpiander: 5:36pm On Oct 21, 2015
IamAtribalist:

cool who is this one? Identify yourself. blah whine .

do you see my moniker?

that's how to address me.

how should i address you?

just curious.
Re: Eredo, Ijebu - The World's Largest Man-made Structure by Shymm3x: 6:16pm On Oct 21, 2015
Zoogerians destroyed my great Ijebuland!! grin

The zoo must collapse!

Picture of a typical Zoogerian from Zoogeria. grin

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Eredo, Ijebu - The World's Largest Man-made Structure by Rossikk(m): 7:04pm On Oct 21, 2015
damola1:

I think that is calling out the name of a super mod.

What's a 'super mod' and why should his name be ''called out''?
Re: Eredo, Ijebu - The World's Largest Man-made Structure by IamAtribalist: 7:08pm On Oct 21, 2015
tpiander:

do you see my moniker?

that's how to address me.

how should i address you?

just curious.

Am just gonna go with the assumption that you are one of those silly amala-eating coneheads. I represent all the other minorities tribes in Nigeria. We don't trust you amala-eating coneheads from the SW or your compatriots (akpu-eating, chestbeating sons of animals) flattheads from the SE or those animalistic haram tuwo-grubbing abokis from the North. As long as the 3 of you (major tribes) continue to use Nigeria as the playground for your dangerous and selfish politics, I will continue to be a thorn in your collective 'flesh.'

2 Likes

Re: Eredo, Ijebu - The World's Largest Man-made Structure by Rossikk(m): 7:13pm On Oct 21, 2015
Shymm3x:
Zoogerians destroyed my great Ijebuland!! grin

The zoo must collapse!

Picture of a typical Zoogerian from Zoogeria. grin

Please spare us this CRAP. Whoever ''destroyed your great Ijebuland'' was 'from Ijebu', and was a member of your own Ogun state govt. If your state is not doing well, hold your state govt accountable. They were not denied their federal allocation and neither were they denied the right to harness your state resources. Nobody has stopped them from turning Eredo into a tourist goldmine. Is that Nigeria's fault too? Don't use Nigeria as your crutch to keep on hating your fellow Africans. Or blaming the failures of your own people on 'Nigeria'. Eredo symbolised African achievement. Don't soil it with your modern anti-African mentality using 'Nigeria' as your excuse to hate.

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Eredo, Ijebu - The World's Largest Man-made Structure by Shymm3x: 7:23pm On Oct 21, 2015
Rossikk:

Please spare us this CRAP. Whoever ''destroyed'' your great Ijebuland was 'from Ijebu', and was a member of your own Ogun state govt. If your state is not doing well, hold your state govt accountable. They were not denied their federal allocation and neither were they denied the right to harness your state resources. Nobody has stopped them from turning Eredo into a tourist goldmine. Is that 'Nigeria's fault too? Don't use Nigeria as your crutch to keep on hating your fellow Africans. Eredo symbolised African achievement. Don't soil it with your modern anti-African world view using 'Nigeria' as your excuse to hate.

Fam, shut up. If Nigeria isn't a zoo - why even divide Ijebuland into two, with one part in Ogun and the next part in Lagos? You cut away Epe, the most important trading route of the Ijebu Kingdom, ditto Ikorodu and all the other axis of Ijebuland all the way to Lekki - from the main body in Ogun. Isn't that madness as well? And who the fvck is from Ogun?

Nigeria is a zoo and the zoo destroyed the Ijebus.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Eredo, Ijebu - The World's Largest Man-made Structure by tpiander: 7:26pm On Oct 21, 2015
IamAtribalist:

Am just gonna go with the assumption that you are one of those silly amala-eating coneheads. I represent all the other minorities tribes in Nigeria. We don't trust you amala-eating coneheads from the SW or your compatriots (akpu-eating, chestbeating sons of animals) flattheads from the SE or those animalistic haram tuwo-grubbing abokis from the North. As long as the 3 of you (major tribes) continue to use Nigeria as the playground for your dangerous and selfish politics, I will continue to be a thorn in your collective 'flesh.'

you wish you were Nigerian.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Eredo, Ijebu - The World's Largest Man-made Structure by tpiander: 7:27pm On Oct 21, 2015
Shymm3x:

Fam, shut up. If Nigeria isn't a zoo - why even divide Ijebuland into two, with one part in Ogun and the next part in Lagos? You cut away Epe, the most important trading route of the Ijebu Kingdom, ditto Ikorodu and all the other axis of Ijebuland all the way to Lekki - from the main body in Ogun. Isn't that madness as well? And who the fvck is from Ogun?

is Epe not closer to Ondo state?

just asking.
Re: Eredo, Ijebu - The World's Largest Man-made Structure by IamAtribalist: 7:30pm On Oct 21, 2015
tpiander:

you wish you were Nigerian.

cool And you wish you have a brain!

3 Likes

Re: Eredo, Ijebu - The World's Largest Man-made Structure by Rossikk(m): 7:31pm On Oct 21, 2015
Shymm3x:

Excuses, excuses, excuses. When it's time to chop money, are your leaders hampered by those 'nasty' artificial borders? Oh no. But when it's time to get your bloody assses together and turn Eredo into what it's supposed to be - a tourist Mecca for millions, all of a sudden excuses start flying about. Please spare us your excuses. If just Eredo was made a state by itself, the monument will STILL suffer neglect by your local leaders, because, like you, they are conditioned to hate anything black and regard everything white as superior. And they are shallow, mentally lazy, lack vision, lack appreciation of history, lack self esteem, and are addicted to free oil money from Abuja. THAT'S the problem. Not 'Nigeria'.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Eredo, Ijebu - The World's Largest Man-made Structure by Shymm3x: 7:36pm On Oct 21, 2015
Rossikk:

Excuses, excuses, excuses. When it's time to chop money, are your leaders hampered by those 'nasty' artificial borders? Oh no. But when it's time to get your bloody assses together and turn Eredo into what it's supposed to be - a tourist Mecca for millions, all of a sudden excuses start flying about. Please spare us your excuses. If just Eredo was made a state by itself, the monument will STILL suffer neglect by your local leaders, because, like you, they are conditioned to hate anything black and regard everything white as superior. THAT'S the problem. Not 'Nigeria'.

Speak a language I understand. The zoo is a colonial entity within a colonial entity. The same way the colonial fools cut all kinds of different people stupidly and put them into on quagmire of a country for exploitation - is basically the same way the zoo cut folks and put them into states differently.

Wouldn't it have been better if the fools who created Nigerian states left Ijebuland as a whole that thrived as a kingdom, to form a state? But no, the idi.iots had to cut everything into pieces and pasted them everywhere.

The freaking zoo must collapse! Effing shytehole of a country!

4 Likes

Re: Eredo, Ijebu - The World's Largest Man-made Structure by tpiander: 7:38pm On Oct 21, 2015
IamAtribalist:

cool And I also wish I have a brain!

true that.
Re: Eredo, Ijebu - The World's Largest Man-made Structure by Rossikk(m): 7:44pm On Oct 21, 2015
Shymm3x:

Speak a language I understand. The zoo is a colonial entity within a colonial entity. The same way the colonial fools cut all kinds of different people stupidly and put them into on quagmire of a country for exploitation - is basically the same way the zoo cut folks and put them into states differently.

Wouldn't it have been better if the fools who created Nigerian states left Ijebuland as a whole that thrived as a kingdom, to form a state? But no, the idi.iots had to cut everything into pieces and pasted them everywhere.

The freaking zoo must collapse! Effing shytehole of a country!

Aren't you the one who keeps saying we should stop blaming the colonialists for our problems? You MUST know that the problem of the neglect of Eredo comes from us, not the colonialists. It's like this Biafra nonsense. Idiotts going around blaming Nigeria for their problems. The eastern states get free oil money from Abuja. Nobody has stopped them from harnessing their vast coal resources, or investing long term in say solar energy, or in the building of industrial parks or IT parks, or palm oil plantations, that would catapault them to prosperity. They are FREE to raise their profiles. They are autonomous. Instead, their leaders sit there, do nothing but collect federal allocations from Abuja. When problems arise, their people blame ''Nigeria''. How is it Nigeria's fault that your state govts are looters and thieves? Why can you not hold your state govts accountable? The other day former state governor Ohakim was found to be living in an Abuja mansion which he bought for £3 million cash. It is the ''zoo'' agencies and courts that are harassing him for his theft, not his own people, who are busy fighting for ''Biafra'' and hating other Nigerians while their own ''saintly'' local leaders loot them blind. Same thing goes on in your region. Your tribalism will not permit you to look your own leaders in the eye and demand accountability. Much easier to blame other Nigerians, whom you call ''the zoo''.

11 Likes

Re: Eredo, Ijebu - The World's Largest Man-made Structure by Shymm3x: 7:48pm On Oct 21, 2015
Rossikk:

Aren't you the one who keeps saying we should stop blaming the colonialists for our problems? You MUST know that the problem of the neglect of Eredo comes from us, not the colonialists. It's like this Biafra nonsense. Idiotts going around blaming Nigeria for their problems. The eastern states get free oil money from Abuja. Nobody has stopped them from harnessing their vast coal resources, or investing long term in say solar energy, or in the building of industrial parks that would catapault them to prosperity. Instead, their leaders sit, do nothing but collect federal allocations from Abuja. When problems arise, their people blame ''Nigeria''. How is it Nigeria's fault that your state govts are looters and thieves? Why can you not hold your state govts accountable? The other day former state governor Ohakim was found to be living in an Abuja mansion which he bought for £3 million cash. It is the ''zoo'' agencies and courts that are harassing him for his theft, not his own people, who are busiy fighting for ''Biafra'' and hating other Nigerians while their own 'saintly'' local leaders loot them blind.

Now I know you're actually more obtuse than I initially thought. Shut the fvck up about oil and oil money. Human development goes beyond funds and resources. Countries thrive when there are common interests and it's easier to work towards a certain goal.

No matter how much money you pump into a nation state, if interests can't be aligned - it will NEVER work. It's akin to pouring water into a basket cos no matter how much water you pour into it, the basket will never be able to retain anything.

Ponder on this and come back with a more cerebral rebuttal.

2 Likes

Re: Eredo, Ijebu - The World's Largest Man-made Structure by IamAtribalist: 7:54pm On Oct 21, 2015
tpiander:

Meet too - you are actually better. Me I have no brains and no balls.

Two can play that game - beyatch.
Re: Eredo, Ijebu - The World's Largest Man-made Structure by Rossikk(m): 7:54pm On Oct 21, 2015
Shymm3x:

Now I know you're actually more obtuse than I initially thought. Shut the fvck up about oil and oil money. Human development goes beyond funds and resources. Countries thrive when there are common interests and it's easier to work towards a certain goal.

No matter how much money you pump into a nation state, if interests can't be aligned - it will NEVER work. It's akin to pouring water into a basket cos no matter how much water you pour into it, the basket will never be able to retain anything.

Ponder on this and come back with a more cerebral rebuttal.

I've not insulted you. Grow up and debate like a schooled person, not some.. street urchin, or I will ignore your next post.

Nobody is talking about ''human development'', at least as far as Eredo is concerned. There are no ''common interests'' involved in identifying Eredo as a historical site, cleaning it up, getting some proper tour guides there, and building a policy around its elevation to a proper tourist attraction. You do not need all of Nigeria to be united and lovey dovey to achieve that. Nobody from Kano or Kaduna or Nnewi has stopped your people from harnessing that monument. Stop blaming innocent Nigerians, 99% of whom have never even HEARD of Eredo, for your inability to exploit its potential.

14 Likes

Re: Eredo, Ijebu - The World's Largest Man-made Structure by Shymm3x: 7:57pm On Oct 21, 2015
Rossikk:

I've not insulted you. Grow up and debate like a schooled person, not some.. street urchin, or I will ignore your next post.

Nobody is talking about ''human development'', at least as far as Eredo is concerned. There are no ''common interests'' involved in identifying Eredo as a historical site, cleaning it up, getting some proper tour guides there, and buiulding a policy around its elevation to a worthy status. You do not need all of Nigeria to be united and lovey dovey to achieve that. Nobody from Kano or Kaduna or Nnewi has stopped your people from harnessing that monument. Stop blaming innocent Nigerians, 99% of whom have never even HEARD of Eredo, for your inability to exploit it.

And who's to blame for that? Me or the medieval educational system in Nigeria that keeps churning out educated illiterates?

Heck, it took a white man to travel all the way from the UK to discover the place...yet you think the country isn't a zoo, and the zoo isn't a talent/dream killer, no?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Eredo, Ijebu - The World's Largest Man-made Structure by Rossikk(m): 8:05pm On Oct 21, 2015
Shymm3x:

And who's to blame for that? Me or the medieval educational system in Nigeria that keeps churning out educated illiterates?

Heck, it took a white man to travel all the way from the UK to discover the place...yet you think the country isn't a zoo, and the zoo isn't a talent/dream killer, no?

Dude, a country is made up of PEOPLE. If YOUR people are messing up by neglecting your local monuments out of greed for OIL MONEY, it has NOTHING to do with any ''educational system''. It has to do with their greed and ignorance, and perhaps their addiction to foreign religion which forbids them from touching ''heathen'' artefacts. Tell me, what is the education system supposed to teach a person like the Ogun state governor, Amosun? Does he not know about Eredo? Does he not know he can make billions a year by paying attention to it and revamping it? Ogun state is home to all sorts of luminaries from Bisi Onabanjo to Wole Soyinka, Awolowo, Adeoye Lambo, Ola Rotimi, MKO Abiola, Fela Anikulapo Kuti, Tai Solarin, and many others. THERE IS NO EXCUSE for Eredo to be in its current state. And blaming the ''Nigerian education system'' is really quite comical.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Eredo, Ijebu - The World's Largest Man-made Structure by tpiander: 8:17pm On Oct 21, 2015
IamAtribalist:

Two can play that game - I am a beyatch

True that.
Re: Eredo, Ijebu - The World's Largest Man-made Structure by Shymm3x: 8:36pm On Oct 21, 2015
Rossikk:

Dude, a country is made up of PEOPLE. If YOUR people are messing up by neglecting your local monuments out of greed for OIL MONEY, it has NOTHING to do with any ''educational system''. It has to do with their greed and ignorance, and perhaps their addiction to foreign religion which forbids them from touching ''heathen'' artefacts. Tell me, what is the education system supposed to teach a person like the Ogun state governor, Amosun? Does he not know about Eredo? Does he not know he can make billions a year by paying attention to it and revamping it? Ogun state is home to all sorts of luminaries from Bisi Onabanjo to Wole Soyinka, Awolowo, Adeoye Lambo, Ola Rotimi, MKO Abiola, Fela Anikulapo Kuti, Tai Solarin, and many others. THERE IS NO EXCUSE for Eredo to be in its current state. And blaming the ''Nigerian education system'' is really quite comical.

I honestly don't know the correlation between the soliloquy you posted and my argument against Zoogeria. And for the umpteenth time, I'm not from Ogun - my dad is from Epe.

Anyway, let me break it down for you:

1). At the height of Ijebu Kingdom - when Eredo reigned supreme - all the coastal Ijebu towns that are part of Lagos today were the source of the wealth and greatness of the Ijebus cos Ijebu were merchants. And Epe for example, was where the Awujale used to meet outsiders and dignitaries cos non-Ijebus weren't allowed into the Ijebu Kingdom, hence the moat you posted on here was built around the Kingdom. So why did Nigeria decide to break Ijebuland into fragments, with the source of its wealth taken away from its body?.... Strike one on the ZOO.

2). After Ijebus were defeated in the Anglo-Ijebu war fought mostly from Epe axis all the way to Imagbon in Ikorodu - due to Ijebus' monopoly of the coast and fact that they never allowed foreigners through the Kingdom. Ijebu were coerced into the Nigerian experiment and that led to the decline of the Ijebu Kingdom and the reason why Eredo is what it's today. Heck, the Brits were instrumental in breaking Ijebuland into two - by bestowing more powers on the King of Remo (I'm part Remo as well, with Egba). ..... Strike two against the colonial construct that Nigeria is and how the creation of the Zoo helped in destroying the Ijebus.

Now post a sensible rebuttal by making a case for the zoo against the strikes I cited - devoid of incoherent rants.
Re: Eredo, Ijebu - The World's Largest Man-made Structure by Nobody: 8:55pm On Oct 21, 2015
IamAtribalist:

cool Typical akpu-eating chestbeating flattheads. Its one thing to be a tribalist (like me - nobody gives the coneheads a harder time on NL), however to allow tribalism to cloud your judgement is an indication of poverty of mind and spirit. If you fail to recognize the strengths of your 'enemy' you will ALWAYS look up to him. I have told you flattheads that the coneheads are far superior to you when it comes to when it comes to issues of the mind and ability to think clearly. It doesn't mean I like them any more than I like you. I am a tribalist. I am suspicious of any and all tribes that aren't mine. But, I will be a fool to allow that to cloud my judgment of reality. This is the problem flattheads have and its the very thing, I believe, that will doom them in this country in the long run.
Brodaa which head shape you carry?

Nice thread

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Eredo, Ijebu - The World's Largest Man-made Structure by Nobody: 8:58pm On Oct 21, 2015
Rossikk:

Nobody is talking about ''human development'', at least as far as Eredo is concerned. There are no ''common interests'' involved in identifying Eredo as a historical site, cleaning it up, getting some proper tour guides there, and building a policy around its elevation to a proper tourist attraction. You do not need all of Nigeria to be united and lovey dovey to achieve that. Nobody from Kano or Kaduna or Nnewi has stopped your people from harnessing that monument. Stop blaming innocent Nigerians, 99% of whom have never even HEARD of Eredo, for your inability to exploit its potential.
Sensible response
Re: Eredo, Ijebu - The World's Largest Man-made Structure by Rossikk(m): 9:08pm On Oct 21, 2015
Shymm3x:

I honestly don't know the correlation between the soliloquy you posted and my argument against Zoogeria. And for the umpteenth time, I'm not from Ogun - my dad is from Epe.

Anyway, let me break it down for you:

1). At the height of Ijebu Kingdom - when Eredo reigned supreme - all the coastal Ijebu towns that are part of Lagos today were the source of the wealth and greatness of the Ijebus cos Ijebu were merchants. And Epe for example, was where the Awujale used to meet outsiders and dignitaries cos non-Ijebus weren't allowed into the Ijebu Kingdom, hence the moat you posted on here was built around the Kingdom. So why did Nigeria decide to break Ijebuland into fragments, with the source of its wealth taken away from its body?.... Strike one on the ZOO.

2). After Ijebus were defeated in the Anglo-Ijebu war fought mostly from Epe axis all the way to Imagbon in Ikorodu - due to Ijebus' monopoly of the coast and fact that they never allowed foreigners through the Kingdom. Ijebu were coerced into the Nigerian experiment and that led to the decline of the Ijebu Kingdom and the reason why Eredo is what it's today. Heck, the Brits were instrumental in breaking Ijebuland into two - by bestowing more powers on the King of Remo (I'm part Remo as well, with Egba). ..... Strike two against the colonial construct that Nigeria is and how the creation of the Zoo helped in destroying the Ijebus.

Now post a sensible rebuttal by making a case for the zoo against the strikes I cited - devoid of incoherent rants.

Interesting story. But on the whole, worthy of a big fat yawn and little else. There is almost NO ancient ruin on earth today that maintains the same political structure around it that it did at the time it was constructed. Stonehenge was a nondescript tribal settlement. It's monument was built 3,000 years ago. No one could possibly lay claim to it, but the British govt and people sure as hell do today. The pyramids of Egypt were built in the reign of various kings, and existed under the auspices of a variety of settlers, from one century to the next - from the ancient Egyptians themselves to invading Greeks, Assyrians, Nubians, and later Arabs. This has not caused the govts or people in those places today to neglect or ignore those monuments. Same applies to the ancient ruins of Mexico, Peru, China, India, and beyond. So, please, spare us the historical revisionism. The reason the Eredo earthworks are neglected is that the local people do not see the value in it, and are greedy for oil money, while being disturbed by a colonial complex that prevents them from seeing value in the work of their ancestors. We do not have to return to the political superstructure of ancient Ijebuland in order to appreciate or harness their achievements.

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Eredo, Ijebu - The World's Largest Man-made Structure by Shymm3x: 9:14pm On Oct 21, 2015
Rossikk:

This is worthy of a big fat yawn and nothing else. There is almost NO ancient ruin on earth today that maintains the same political structure around it that it did at the time it was constructed. Stonehenge was a nondescript tribal settlement. The pyramids of Egypt were built in the reign of various kings, and existed under auspices of a variety of settlers, from one century to the next - from the ancient Egyptians themselves to invading Greeks, Nubians, and later Arabs. This has not caused the govts or people in those places today to neglect or ignore those monuments. Same applies to the ancient ruins of Mexico, Peru, China, India, and beyond. So, please, spare us the historical revisionism.

Loool.

I know ya brain cells wouldn't be able to come up with anything apart from utter useless babble and a massive pile of poop by a wet dog.

I just gave you an analysis of why Eredo is in ruin and what caused it - the zoo - suck on that.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Imo State Mandatory Bride Prize List / In The 1930s, Igbo Men In Elaborate Hairstyles And Body Paint / Red Ibo In Jamaica: A Profile Of The Igbo People Of Jamaica

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 103
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.