Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,900 members, 7,828,174 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 04:27 AM

How To Sleep Peacefully Like A Newborn Baby. - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / How To Sleep Peacefully Like A Newborn Baby. (1317 Views)

Unpaid Bill: Lagos Hospital Detains Newborn Baby For Three Months (photo) / Easy Steps To Sleep With Ease When You Find It Difficult To / Woman Abandons Newborn Twins In Lagos Hospital Over N150k Hospital Bill (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How To Sleep Peacefully Like A Newborn Baby. by petsolo15(m): 11:35pm On Oct 20, 2015
HOW TO FALL ASLEEP FAST WITHOUT DRUGS; 14 SUCCESSFUL WAYS TO FALL ASLEEP TONIGHT.
Are you counting sheep while the rest of the world sleeps? Are you’re counting mega-sheep and even giga-sheep? Have you memorized all the late-night infomercials by heart? You already know you’ve got a sleep problem. You might even be an insomniac. There are simple ways to get a good night's sleep. Find out how to fall asleep fast without drugs and sleep well all night.
(1). Move Work and Television Out of the Bedroom (2). Put Your Computer in Another Room (3). Keep the Bedroom Dark (4). Try a White Noise Machine (5). Keep Your Bedroom Cool (6). Make Your Bedroom Allergy-Free (7). Cure Snoring and Sleep Apnea (cool. Keep Pets Out of the Bedroom (9). Exercise During the Day (10). Cut Down on Caffeine (11)). Don't Eat Before Bedtime (12). Keep a Regular Schedule (13). Follow a Bedtime Routine (14). Calm Your Mind

Some people fall asleep fast, even at the moment their head touches the pillow. Others jockey around in bed for just the right position, and then blissfully drop off to dreamland. For the rest of us, sleep doesn’t come easily. We don't fall asleep on planes, in hotels or in any unfamiliar bed. We have to have the perfect mattress, not too soft and not too hard, absolute darkness, or maybe not so dark, a favourite teddy bear, our blankie, the door ajar, pajamas or no pajamas. And still it’s not enough to bring in the sandman. A good night’s sleep is important for good health. Sleep refreshes the mind. It strengthens the immune system. It calms and energizes us. The way to fall asleep fast is to create a feeling of comfort and security, as well as readiness for sleep. Here's how to fall asleep fast. You can fall asleep tonight.

KEEP WORK AND TELEVISION OUT OF THE BEDROOM. It helps to fall asleep faster if you keep work papers and television out of the bedroom. The piles of clutter burden your sleep time with thoughts of important chores. Fix yourself up a home office, or an office nook in another room, where books and papers can be stored out of sight and out of mind. Reserve the bedroom as a place of sleep and intimacy.

PUT YOUR COMPUTER IN ANOTHER ROOM. Is your computer in the bedroom? It also distracts you from falling asleep. Can you find a place for it in another room? If that’s not possible, put the computer in a closed cabinet, or shut it down and drape a cloth over it at bedtime, or just turn the monitor toward the wall.

KEEP THE BEDROOM DARK. Light can enter the eyes even when your eyelids are shut tight. Light interferes with the production of melatonin, the hormone that regulates your internal sleepiness. If outdoor lights shine in your room, blackout shades to block outdoor light are worth every penny. An eye mask will block unwanted light, too. When you try to fall asleep, reflective surfaces, like wall mirrors, pictures, TV screens and computer monitors, catch and amplify light. The small light from the alarm clock and other electronics will increase your wakefulness. Remove or cover them.

TRY A WHITE NOISE MACHINE. Is your bedroom too noisy, or perhaps too quiet? It might be sudden, unpredictable sounds that keep you awake when you want to fall asleep fast. Create a sense of calm and stillness with ear plugs or a white noise machine.

KEEP YOUR BEDROOM COOL. You’ll fall asleep faster in a cool room. Set the thermostat lower at night and snuggle under the covers. It works for the hibernating bears, too.

MAKE YOUR BEDROOM ALLERGY-FREE. If you are uncomfortable in bed, with itchy eyes, running nose, shallow breathing or coughing, consider that you might be allergic to something in the room. Remove the down comforter, animal skin rugs, old pillows and dust which could be irritating you. Wash your sheets often in a hypo-allergic soap, or plain water. Open a window during the day to ventilate the room and clear the air. The best solution of all is a hepa type air cleaner, which will make your bedroom an oasis of comfort. You can fall asleep faster if there are fewer irritants.

CURE SNORING AND SLEEP APNEA. Do you or your partner snore? The Sona pillow has been proven to reduce or even eliminate snoring. You’ll breathe better with it, too. Look into other methods to stop snoring. Sleep apnea is a disorder which causes snoring and can interfere with sleep.

KEEP PETS OUT OF THE BEDROOM. No matter how much you love them, pets in the bed will also keep you awake. Give your furry friends a special bed in the next room, or confine them to a cage at bedtime. See if you don't fall asleep faster.

EXERCISE DURING THE DAY. Get plenty of exercise during the day, so that you actually feel tired when bedtime rolls around. You are more likely to fall asleep fast when your body is ready for it.

CUT DOWN ON CAFFEINE. Caffeine drinks, chocolate and snacks in the evening will keep you awake, as will over-eating. Foods that disagree with you and cause heartburn can keep you awake. So will exercise done just before bedtime. You can fall asleep faster at night by changing what you eat and drink in the afternoon and evening.

DON'T EAT BEFORE BEDTIME. Eat your main meal earlier in the evening, rather than later. Undigested food can interfere with your falling asleep.

KEEP A REGULAR SCHEDULE. Keep regular hours every day, to get your body accustomed to a schedule. Falling asleep fast is a habit you can learn by repetition.

FOLLOW A BEDTIME ROUTINE. Have a bedtime ritual to prepare yourself to fall asleep. Turn off the TV and cell phone. Relax. Quiet your mind. Think pleasant, happy thoughts. Express gratitude for the good things that came your way. Look forward hopefully to the next day.

CALM YOUR MIND. While you lie in bed waiting to fall asleep, try to empty your mind of all thoughts. Notice your breathing and how it soothes the body. Don’t worry about insomnia, because you’ve done all the right things. Sleep will come on tiptoe when you least expect it. I wish you a very happy and peaceful night.
Re: How To Sleep Peacefully Like A Newborn Baby. by Nobody: 12:59am On Oct 21, 2015
Logout all NL monikers
Re: How To Sleep Peacefully Like A Newborn Baby. by goodspeed963(m): 8:51am On Jun 27, 2019
interesting information. Thx for sharing
Re: How To Sleep Peacefully Like A Newborn Baby. by brainstorm214(m): 10:31am On Jun 27, 2019
Oh, I remember trying to stick to these common tips that I found all over the Internet. You know what? The most useful of all these tips for me was white noise, everything else was so well known or simply didn't work. For example, I couldn't relax my mind. But can you do it? Personally, I can't. Therefore, I don't like advices, the success of which depends on me personally. Therefore, after 2 years of poor sleep I was searching advices on the forums, and I found the site of CozySleepSolutions that sends you unique advices via e-mail. I signed up for their advice and you know what? It really helped me. For example, one of their tips was that I should use a weighted blanket as it makes me feel comfortable and helps me fall asleep, so now I sleep like a newborn baby.
Re: How To Sleep Peacefully Like A Newborn Baby. by Derrils: 10:53am On Sep 26, 2019
Hello,
Weighted blankets are very comfortable and can help with a myriad of health problems. Depression, anxiety, aggression, OCD, PTSD, and bipolar disorder have all been linked to low serotonin levels in the brain, which weighted blankets are reported to assist with. In addition, people battling with depression, mania, anxiety, trauma, and paranoia, or undergoing detoxification have reported relief from symptoms. You should visit this blog https://www.melacomfort.co.uk/blogs/the-blog/20-benefits-of-weighted-blanket-therapy
Re: How To Sleep Peacefully Like A Newborn Baby. by SimonN14: 7:48pm On Sep 05, 2021
Hello, I have been using a weighted blanket already for some time... I can say that it makes me sleep like a baby.
Weighted blankets can help also with many other issues such as depression, stress, anxiety, OCD, PTSD, fibromyalgia etc. They feel like a gentle hug and this stimulates your brain to naturally release serotonin... For more info you should definitively check out this blog about weighted blankets: https://relixiy.co.uk/weighted-blankets-how-can-they-help-you/
Re: How To Sleep Peacefully Like A Newborn Baby. by klava: 5:39pm On Oct 15, 2021
many people want to sleep comfortably but fail
Re: How To Sleep Peacefully Like A Newborn Baby. by Darlamoon668: 7:51am On Oct 20, 2021
At first glance, it couldn't be easier: go to bed and get up at the same time every day.
Avoid caffeinated drinks and heavy meals at night

(1) (Reply)

Doctors And Patients, Share Your Embarrassing Moments At A Clinic / Help! Reoccuring Swollen Lips (allergy) Pics / Artificial Eyelashes; Its Effects On Ocular Health

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.