Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,225 members, 7,815,284 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 10:14 AM

Saraki May Bow To Apc’s Position On Principal Officers - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Saraki May Bow To Apc’s Position On Principal Officers (1801 Views)

Saraki May Bow To Apc's Position On Principal Officers - Vanguard / Photos; Bukola Saraki Poses With The Elected Principal Officers Of The Senate / Saraki, Dogara, Dare APC; Reject Party’s Choices Of Principal Officers For NASS (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Saraki May Bow To Apc’s Position On Principal Officers by kahal29: 3:23am On Oct 21, 2015
ABUJA—Strong indications emerged, yesterday, that Senate President, Dr. Bukola Saraki, was prepared to bow to the position of All Progressives Congress, APC, by sacrificing his principal officers.

According to a source, part of the unwritten agreement to allow peace to reign was to revert to the initial list of the party on the appointment of principal officers.
This was part of the political solution being worked out by the Speaker of House of Representatives, Mr. Yakubu Dogara, and Senate President, Saraki.

A source said Dogara and the leadership of APC in the Senate held a marathon meeting at the new wing of the Senate complex yesterday evening, where it was agreed that the current holders of the Majority Leadership positions should give way to those anointed by the party.

The source noted that Saraki had been under pressure to intimate his supporters in the Senate, including Senate Leader, Ali Ndume; his Deputy, Bala Ibn Na’allah, and Deputy Majority Whip, Senator Francis Alimikhena, on the need to toe the party’s line as regards the composition of Senate Majority Leadership.

According to a source, the Senate President had communicated Ndume and Na’Allah about the decision of the party on the need for them to vacate the offices.
It was also gathered that Senator Ahmad Lawan had been informed of the readiness of the Senate President to announce him as the new Senate Leader.

It will be recalled that the National Chairman of APC, Chief John Odigie-Oyegun, had on June 24 written the Senate President and Speaker Dogara, listing the names of proposed occupants of the leadership positions.
While Dogara kept faith with the party’s list, Saraki’s allies in the Senate named different persons, whose names were announced on the floor of the Senate in July.

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2015/10/saraki-may-bow-to-apcs-position-on-principal-officers/

http://www.thisdaylive.com/articles/-saraki-offered-safe-landing-if-he-toes-party-line/223343/

1 Like

Re: Saraki May Bow To Apc’s Position On Principal Officers by Goovo(m): 3:26am On Oct 21, 2015
G
Re: Saraki May Bow To Apc’s Position On Principal Officers by tellwisdom: 3:28am On Oct 21, 2015
Who is saraki??..What does he do for a living? sad

1 Like

Re: Saraki May Bow To Apc’s Position On Principal Officers by Mekky05(m): 3:31am On Oct 21, 2015
Don't forget he is still the senate president.. Apc alone does not have the ultimate control.
Re: Saraki May Bow To Apc’s Position On Principal Officers by morbeta(m): 4:18am On Oct 21, 2015
Saraki has no option than to make peace with his party.

1 Like

Re: Saraki May Bow To Apc’s Position On Principal Officers by seunmsg(m): 5:04am On Oct 21, 2015
Politics is all about give and take. Trying to do a winner takes all in a complex political structure like Nigeria will never work. Saraki should have conceded the principal officers position long ago and all the problems he's now having won't even come up in the first instance. I just hope it's not too late for him as majority of Nigerians are already interested in how his case before the CCT will end.

His case is already a litmus test for the PMB administration and so many people will be disappointed if it is withdrawn after some sort of political settlement. Most Nigerians want the president to prove that he can stand on his ground and prosecute anybody found guilty of corruption irrespective of position or party affiliation.

11 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Saraki May Bow To Apc’s Position On Principal Officers by ikaboy: 5:49am On Oct 21, 2015
i de laff
Re: Saraki May Bow To Apc’s Position On Principal Officers by PassingShot(m): 5:58am On Oct 21, 2015
seunmsg:
Politics is all about give and take. Trying to do a winner takes all in a complex political structure like Nigeria will never work. Saraki should have conceded the principal officers position long ago and all the problems he's now having won't even come up in the first instance. I just hope it's not too late for him as majority of Nigerians are already interested in how his case before the CCT will end.

His case is already a litmus test for the PMB administration and so many people will be disappointed if it is withdrawn after some sort of political settlement. Most Nigerians want the president to prove that he can stand on his ground and prosecute anybody found guilty of corruption irrespective of position or party affiliation.
I doubt if any agreement reached between APC and Saraki can make the FG to withdraw his case at CCT. As you rightly observed, such withdrawal will rubbish PMB anti-corruption campaign/efforts and I am sure the president is wise enough to know this.

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Saraki May Bow To Apc’s Position On Principal Officers by okitz4(m): 6:01am On Oct 21, 2015
How true is this news?....
Re: Saraki May Bow To Apc’s Position On Principal Officers by eye4eye: 6:05am On Oct 21, 2015
Lie! Don't dare have such deal with Saraki the traitor. Saraki must be punished and be made an example.

2 Likes

Re: Saraki May Bow To Apc’s Position On Principal Officers by Nobody: 6:05am On Oct 21, 2015
Vanguard has now resorted to rumours and silly imagintions in a bid to be relevant. Most of their so called 'indications' are stewpid. Exactly the same way they fraudulently lied about PMB sending a replacement for Oyo ministerial nominee yesterday. I guess they should learn from SR and stop spewing inconsequential trashs.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Saraki May Bow To Apc’s Position On Principal Officers by omowolewa: 6:31am On Oct 21, 2015
Still on this Saraki issue. He is part of the change APC should accept oo o
Re: Saraki May Bow To Apc’s Position On Principal Officers by Singingbae(m): 6:36am On Oct 21, 2015
Awon oloriburuku...... Why don't u prosecute someone u think is guilty, u still wanna go to the table with him?
Re: Saraki May Bow To Apc’s Position On Principal Officers by adioolayi(m): 6:41am On Oct 21, 2015
Hmmm.....This hook is to big for Saraki to swallow.. the more he tries.. the harder.

I'm still interested in his case at the CCT..if he is clean with good defenses ..all good..I don't want out of court settlement.

1 Like

Re: Saraki May Bow To Apc’s Position On Principal Officers by chiefbamo(m): 6:53am On Oct 21, 2015
This news like GEJ would say is 'one kain',what's then is the point of bringing the whole issue to the public when they knew ithas aa political solution?what has happened to past actions having consequences?

They should let goats that ate yam get some flogging abeg.
Re: Saraki May Bow To Apc’s Position On Principal Officers by Aufbauh(m): 6:59am On Oct 21, 2015
This report seems like a fairy tale to me.
Saraki's CCT case is beyond party reconciliation as it is firmly domiciled within the public scrutiny & sentiment.

The only political solution to Saraki's case is the sole intervention of Mr President (Mai'gaskiya) and we all know what he stands for.
"One of the truest tests of integrity is its blunt refusal to be compromised "- Chinua Achebe

1 Like

Re: Saraki May Bow To Apc’s Position On Principal Officers by kenedy175(m): 7:03am On Oct 21, 2015
How will this make me richer than Linda Ikeji
Re: Saraki May Bow To Apc’s Position On Principal Officers by modath(f): 7:07am On Oct 21, 2015
handsomeclouds:
Vanguard has now resorted to rumours and silly imagintions in a bid to be relevant. Most of their so called 'indications' are stewpid. Exactly the same way they fraudulently lied about PMB sending a replacement for Oyo ministerial nominee yesterday. I guess they should learn from SR and stop spewing inconsequential trashs.

Uncle Sam Amuka is a grand patron of the wailers' club so do not expect better from Vanguard... the Tabloid caters to the yearnings of the % that requires bad news from the stable of PMB's govt to make their days bearable & also console themselves & their co vultures with happy we didn't vote for him song and dance...........

@seunmsg

That ship has sailed as you accurately opined, PMB is now being watched by even his loyalists...

As for Saraki, he didn’t offend me enough with his plot, it was his reference to PYO that did him in.... You don't deem yourself more important that the next person, who is older & especially when you never strived for anything but had the road paved & things handed to you...

That is his karma!!! undecided

1 Like

Re: Saraki May Bow To Apc’s Position On Principal Officers by bonechamberlain(m): 7:08am On Oct 21, 2015
the way things are going .. apc would continue politicking till 2019.
Re: Saraki May Bow To Apc’s Position On Principal Officers by uwa1(m): 7:12am On Oct 21, 2015
APC shld let saraki bi. Tinubu shld focus on more serious issues.
Re: Saraki May Bow To Apc’s Position On Principal Officers by wachakuta(m): 7:37am On Oct 21, 2015
Saraki saraki saraki

We r watching
Re: Saraki May Bow To Apc’s Position On Principal Officers by simpleseyi: 7:49am On Oct 21, 2015
tellwisdom:
Who is saraki??..What does he do for a living? sad

Saraki is a matter. Abi you no know wetin be matter from primary school Integrated Science.? Okay, I go tell you. Matter is anything which has weight and occupies space. Saraki has weight, he weighs about 75kg and he is currently occupying an illegal space at the National Assembly. Very soon, his weight will be reduced to less than 50kg and he will be thrown out of the illegal space that he is occupying but in order not to be thrown out of his illegally occupied space, he is trying to sacrificed his partners in crime.

Buhari is a military strategist, he never ever loses.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Which Ministerial Nominee Did Best Today? / Accident At Pleasure Bus Stop Lagos - Photos / "I Stand With Buhari" Facebook Page Asks Users To Download Ringtone: See Replie.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.