Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,713 members, 7,816,936 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 08:34 PM

A Short Film I Wrote And Directed. - TV/Movies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / A Short Film I Wrote And Directed. (953 Views)

Maya: A Short Horror Film I Directed / 'Action Film'- A Short Film Script By Sholay2011 / Ini Edo Film: I Think Its Named Bride Wars (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

A Short Film I Wrote And Directed. by Nwazo(m): 10:46pm On May 01, 2009
-
Re: A Short Film I Wrote And Directed. by nigeriantalent: 1:13pm On May 09, 2009
HI, I tried to check the link but I got page not found. Please if you are looking for actors or extras for your movie, you can search and hire them directly from our portal www.nigeriantalent.com We dont take commissions. Aspiring actors are very welcome to join. We're running a promo now so hurry.

www.nigeriantalent.com
Re: A Short Film I Wrote And Directed. by Nwazo(m): 1:18pm On May 09, 2009
Yeah, I just had the link up on that website for a short period of time. Took it off some days ago. The movie has already been made. But when I make another one. I'll try and check you up! Thanx smiley
Re: A Short Film I Wrote And Directed. by Nwazo(m): 1:29pm On May 09, 2009
Well If you really really want to check it out, then here: http://www.karmacauseproductions.com/thepact.html

I'll appreciate some feedback on the movie though or else I no go use nigeriantalent.com to find Naija actos for my next fim! tongue

Most likely take the link down soon, so watch it quick and get back to me.
Re: A Short Film I Wrote And Directed. by ElRazur: 4:18pm On May 09, 2009
I like the angles some of the used and how certain aspect sort pans, fade off. It appears nicely edited. Keep it up. [Cant say much as I only watched a few mins of it, sorry am going out]

By the way, what Camera do you use? smiley
Re: A Short Film I Wrote And Directed. by AloyEmeka9: 5:00pm On May 09, 2009
I didn't see any Nigerian name there. The film is totally American directed, American cast etc.
Re: A Short Film I Wrote And Directed. by Nwazo(m): 5:55pm On May 09, 2009
ElRazur:

I like the angles some of the used and how certain aspect sort pans, fade off. It appears nicely edited. Keep it up. [Cant say much as I only watched a few mins of it, sorry am going out]

By the way, what Camera do you use? smiley

Thanks for the feedback on the angles, it took me a while to story board it, but it was worth it. I used a SONY XDCAM EX3, pretty cool camera. It can shoot 24frames per second and has a sweet film look when set on 720 progressive.

Aloy.Emeka:

I didn't see any Nigerian name there. The film is totally American directed, American cast etc.

It was made in Canada with mostly a Canadian cast. But at least the writer and director na Naija pesin. Working on making a Naija fim next!
Re: A Short Film I Wrote And Directed. by ElRazur: 11:49am On May 10, 2009
Nwazo:

Thanks for the feedback on the angles, it took me a while to story board it, but it was worth it. I used a SONY XDCAM EX3, pretty cool camera. It can shoot 24frames per second and has a sweet film look when set on 720 progressive.

Hey sorry about that. I just noticed my post make no sense whatsoever. What I was saying is that after watching a few minutes of it - about 10mins or so - I think the angles you used in some of the shot are pretty much interesting. Also, the editing and how some of the shots pans and fades off looks good. However, the film in my opinion can do with a bit of more suspense. It will probably be ideal for those who love cheesy lengthy talk movies like our Nollywood fans, but it may be hard to sell to a western audience who wants a fast paced drama lol.

Overall, it is a nice job.

I had to go an look up that camera, however that is some expensive gear right there - about 5k pounds. Omo, I no get that kind of money to put for that kind toy jare.

I am keen on producing a movie too, and can let my imagination run wild with a movie script - used to write plays for churches back in Naija. But haven't dabble my hands on proper movie script yet. If you are in the UK, who know we can brainstorm together.

Also, what software did you use? I have a couple of MiniDvs here and just tend to use movie maker. I also have adobe premiere, however I really do not know how to use it. smiley
Re: A Short Film I Wrote And Directed. by Nwazo(m): 2:32pm On May 10, 2009
ElRazur:

However, the film in my opinion can do with a bit of more suspense. It will probably be ideal for those who love cheesy lengthy talk movies like our Nollywood fans, but it may be hard to sell to a western audience who wants a fast paced drama lol.

Overall, it is a nice job.

I had to go an look up that camera, however that is some expensive gear right there - about 5k pounds. Omo, I no get that kind of money to put for that kind toy jare.

I am keen on producing a movie too, and can let my imagination run wild with a movie script - used to write plays for churches back in Naija. But haven't dabble my hands on proper movie script yet. If you are in the UK, who know we can brainstorm together.

Also, what software did you use? I have a couple of MiniDvs here and just tend to use movie maker. I also have adobe premiere, however I really do not know how to use it. smiley

Yeah, I feel you on the suspense. Too much yanning sometimes lol Guess it was a bit hard for me to create scenes to build up suspense when I was limited to 30 minutes for the entire project. But yeah, sometimes, dey too dey yaan lol

Dude, 5K is nothing for a good camera. I mean If you want your movie to look like film without shooting on a film camera then I think that's a pretty good bargain. As per film cameras cost 10's of thousands, not to even talk about buying film stock!

That's my issue with most Naija films, as per the movie makers are already making money. No one is willing to invest more into making the movies look better. I guess their thinking is if most consumers are happy with it then no need to make it look better. With that kind of attitude, it will be forever until we see a Naija film nominated for an academy award for best foreign movie! South Africa has already won the award, nothing for us yet!

I have adobe premier on my pc, it's pretty cool. But I so much prefer finalcutpro, problem is I don't have a mac lol I'm working on a full length movie now, that's gonna be more action than yanning lol It's gonna take a while to finish it, but when I do, I'll probably send it to you to review!
Re: A Short Film I Wrote And Directed. by ElRazur: 7:00pm On May 10, 2009
Oga, nothing is an issue if abundant money dey! I know cameras are expensive, if I remember correctly, the red eye camera body cost something around 10k alone, and that ain't even counting the add ons needed for it.

Yeah naija movies sucks in my opinion, the directors and the who's who of nollywood really have no visions at all. I wonder sometimes, if they are just in it for the fact that it makes them money. I remember one famous producer boasting he produces about 4films per week on average or something like that. It is quite laughable really lol. The audio mix down grinds my gear too! The art of recording in stereo and doing you final mixdown so all levels are not outside range is still lacking in all the movies I have seen. The only movie I watch that appeared ot have a true stereo recording and a better audio mixdown was "Ti oluwa ni ile" and that was almost 8years ago or so.

I am keen on those area like I said before, I just need a few things in place and am good to go.
Re: A Short Film I Wrote And Directed. by bilms(m): 2:38pm On May 14, 2009
hi all, plz i need ur assistance.

i have a story i will like to produce. its a story of me, my partners and what happended to us all, its a good and interesting story and i will like to share it with the world, a friend die in the process.

plz any movie producer in here,

(1) (Reply)

Possible Title For New Baba Suwe's Film / Portharcourt Teenage Movie Acting / Was My Post Deleted : About Dstv?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.