Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,362 members, 7,829,924 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 01:46 PM

Right Or Wrong: My Epic Response To Suspected Job Scammer - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Right Or Wrong: My Epic Response To Suspected Job Scammer (926 Views)

How Do I Recover Our Money From Job Scammer / I AM A SCAMMER! / Nairalanders Epic reply to a UAE Job scam (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Right Or Wrong: My Epic Response To Suspected Job Scammer by GentleNaaz(m): 8:50am On Oct 21, 2015
I applied, two days later, I received this email

Dear Okechukwu, your application has been received and you have been kindly invited to Vedex Communication Ltd. head office 49 Egbu road, Owerri, Imo state. for interview pls proceed to a nearby firstbank and make a payment of ten thousand naira today to Egualeonan Calvin 3076504445(first bank). Come with your teller on Monday for interview.
Thank you.

I suspected scam, then replied:

Dear Mario, I am delighted to receive interview invitation from Vedex Communication Ltd, as I hope to secure the position I applied for. However, as fresh graduate, who just concluded National youth service, I may not be able to afford the ten thousand naira requested for the application, but promise to pay the money if I secure the position and after receiving my first month salary. Please kindly bear with me, as I anticipate your consideration. Thanks for the interview invite, as am looking forward to starting up career with your reputable firm.
Regards!

20 minutes later, I received the following email:

Dear Okechukwu or whatever, your request cannot be granted as the company doesn't take payment after appointment!
Thank you.

Dear Nairalanders, should an employer request NGN10,000 from applicants?

2 Likes

Re: Right Or Wrong: My Epic Response To Suspected Job Scammer by ernesty20(m): 8:57am On Oct 21, 2015
Yes
Re: Right Or Wrong: My Epic Response To Suspected Job Scammer by Opetech(m): 9:07am On Oct 21, 2015
SCAM!

1 Like

Re: Right Or Wrong: My Epic Response To Suspected Job Scammer by Nobody: 9:22am On Oct 21, 2015
Na scam people oooooo. You for tell an say you don report an to the Bank and they are monitoring his transaction.

1 Like

Re: Right Or Wrong: My Epic Response To Suspected Job Scammer by macaranta(m): 10:12am On Oct 21, 2015
Employer doesn't take payment for employment ...but they can receive from the applicant.What a contradictory stance.
Re: Right Or Wrong: My Epic Response To Suspected Job Scammer by StPete: 11:59am On Oct 21, 2015
ernesty20:
Yes

Seems you scam people ba?

OP, you should have sent a very strong and insulting warning to them after the second text they sent.

1 Like

Re: Right Or Wrong: My Epic Response To Suspected Job Scammer by Iykolysis: 11:59am On Oct 21, 2015
Vedex Communication Ltd. is a big scam. Ur response was a disappointment of their expectations. Nicely crafted, apt and firm. You don't pay a dime for any job, take it or leave it.
Re: Right Or Wrong: My Epic Response To Suspected Job Scammer by GentleNaaz(m): 1:40pm On Oct 21, 2015
StPete:

Seems you scam people ba?

OP, you should have sent a very strong and insulting warning to them after the second text they sent.
I wanted to, but dn had second thought. No need to trade altercations or take shots at him.
Re: Right Or Wrong: My Epic Response To Suspected Job Scammer by Nature129(m): 3:29pm On Oct 21, 2015
I think you should report to the bank the account details of the fraudster for them to freeze the account and/or arrest the holder/scammer.
Re: Right Or Wrong: My Epic Response To Suspected Job Scammer by GentleNaaz(m): 6:15am On Oct 22, 2015
Job seekers shud b wary of these ruthless scammers

(1) (Reply)

Vacancy For Quality Control Officer In Ibadan / Am2015 / Vacancy for Treasury and Leasing Professionals

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.