Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,183 members, 7,822,005 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 12:46 AM

Enugu Community Where Green Snakes Are Kings, Queens, Battle Men Of God - Culture (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Enugu Community Where Green Snakes Are Kings, Queens, Battle Men Of God (36756 Views)

Windstorm Kills 3 Villagers In Uhunowerre, Enugu; Community To Consult The Gods / 6 Nigerian Kings With The Prettiest Wives (photos) / Arnado Debbo: Adamawa Community Where Only Women Can Rule (photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Enugu Community Where Green Snakes Are Kings, Queens, Battle Men Of God by HrmOlolade(m): 12:00pm On Oct 21, 2015
Igbos shaa. What a cursed tribe
Re: Enugu Community Where Green Snakes Are Kings, Queens, Battle Men Of God by delishpot: 12:00pm On Oct 21, 2015
ECOTERRORS:
The green Snake and Python are still sacred animals in my place which we don't kill. They ve never bitten anyone and it defies logic

Not all snakes are poisonous. There is no defiance of logic in it. It is nature. All around the world where those snakes are found they are not poisonous so it is nature not magic. They eat by constricting their prey they strike when they are confronted but they rather avoid trouble. When they do bite, their bites are poison free.
Re: Enugu Community Where Green Snakes Are Kings, Queens, Battle Men Of God by TOOTSIEPOOPSIE(m): 12:01pm On Oct 21, 2015
OnankpaBa:
If i dey dat village i no kill dat snake, my name no bi Onankpa

Rubbish
Stoopid biafran boy
Re: Enugu Community Where Green Snakes Are Kings, Queens, Battle Men Of God by TOOTSIEPOOPSIE(m): 12:02pm On Oct 21, 2015
OnankpaBa:
If i dey dat village i no kill dat snake, my name no bi Onankpa

Rubbish
Stoopid biafran boy wetin the snake do you...that's how pPle would be looking for everlasting curse everywhere
Re: Enugu Community Where Green Snakes Are Kings, Queens, Battle Men Of God by OnankpaBa(m): 12:05pm On Oct 21, 2015
TOOTSIEPOOPSIE:
Stoopid biafran boy

1 Like

Re: Enugu Community Where Green Snakes Are Kings, Queens, Battle Men Of God by Tripleclick(m): 12:06pm On Oct 21, 2015
Er0ticAngela:
Diabolic things like this can only happen in Biafra. Btw, why is ike ekremadu not saying anything about Biafra ? What is he still doing in the North, Abuja ?
Biafra giving them B.P
Re: Enugu Community Where Green Snakes Are Kings, Queens, Battle Men Of God by Durinsday: 12:09pm On Oct 21, 2015
People have failed to realize the protection of animal species for the next century is assured by these traditions.

We keep killing and eating anything that moves. Many of our animals and trees are already extinct by our actions and inactions.
Re: Enugu Community Where Green Snakes Are Kings, Queens, Battle Men Of God by ODUBEZE: 12:11pm On Oct 21, 2015
since the snake is sacred and has spirit in it, allow it to do the battle itself! Y burn d pastors' church?
after all, scripturally people believed in Baal until Elijah through the power of God prove to them say POWER pass POWER.
Re: Enugu Community Where Green Snakes Are Kings, Queens, Battle Men Of God by datguru: 12:14pm On Oct 21, 2015
sonOfLucifer:

It doesn't defy logic.
They were worshiped by your ancestors and your ancestors didn't pose any threat to them. Move them to a place like nairaland front page where everyone is ready to kill and cook, and watch them become aggressive.

What defies logic is how people believe that A Jew, who they never saw, met or interacted with died for their sins and will come back with a spaceboat to transport them to Heaven where his Father has built mansions for them.

Oh Son of Lucifer, why have thou allowed belief to turn thee into a sadist ?
Why are you hurting your self and hating other people's religion? Is anyone forcing you to become a christian or believe in the jewish God ?

Why are you so pained ? Why not keep mute and keep worshipping lucifer and allow others to worship their JESUS ?

1 Like

Re: Enugu Community Where Green Snakes Are Kings, Queens, Battle Men Of God by delishpot: 12:16pm On Oct 21, 2015
ODUBEZE:
since the snake is sacred and has spirit in it, allow it to do the battle itself! Y burn d pastors' church?
after all, scripturally people believed in Baal until Elijah through the power of God prove to them say POWER pass POWER.

Jus as the priest too should have let God kill the snake on that alter. Why did the priest fight for God? Same reason they also fight for their snakes. Though I doubt the spirit fight anyone who secretly kills and gets rid of the carcass of the snake sha. Those stories are just to mount fear and keep people in line and in fear. Organized Religion is all about control. No mater where or how it is ptacticed.
Re: Enugu Community Where Green Snakes Are Kings, Queens, Battle Men Of God by ODUBEZE: 12:19pm On Oct 21, 2015
delishpot:

Jus as the priest too should have let God kill the snake on that alter. Why did the priest fight for God? Same reason they also fight for their snakes. Though I doubt the spirit fight anyone who secretly kills and gets rid of the carcass of the snake sha. Those stories are just to mount fear and keep people in line and in fear. Religion is all about control. No mater where or how it is ptacticed.
The Priest killed the snake, let them too go and kill God! abi? a beg, U people should wake up!
Re: Enugu Community Where Green Snakes Are Kings, Queens, Battle Men Of God by delishpot: 12:23pm On Oct 21, 2015
ODUBEZE:

The Priest killed the snake, let them too go and kill God! abi? a beg, U people should wake up!

Snake carries the spirit of their ancesstors priest carry the spirit of God. So priest kill their own juju vesel, they plan to kill Gods vessel. When the two vessels reach heaven or hell depending on hiw they lived their lives behind closed doors, then the two powers will battle it out. Besides na you give me sleeping medicine?
Does my post sound like I am half as brain washed as you?
Re: Enugu Community Where Green Snakes Are Kings, Queens, Battle Men Of God by Spybradd: 12:35pm On Oct 21, 2015
OnankpaBa:

wao. Good question. They called Nigeria Zoo and they are busy fighting for zoo's positions. grin

your foolishness and that of the mumu you quoted are equal in proportion...so it wud be wise and correct to call you partners in foolishness..grin
Re: Enugu Community Where Green Snakes Are Kings, Queens, Battle Men Of God by ODUBEZE: 12:36pm On Oct 21, 2015
delishpot:

Snake carries the spirit of their ancesstors priest carry the spirit of God. So priest kill their own juju vesel, they plan to kill Gods vessel. When the two vessels reach heaven or hell depending on hiw they lived their lives behind closed doors, then the two powers will battle it out. Besides na you give me sleeping medicine?
Does my post sound like I am half as brain washed as you?
U are contradicting yourself. Not that I have your time. U are not brain washed yet U seems to have a full knowledge of one above the other.
Re: Enugu Community Where Green Snakes Are Kings, Queens, Battle Men Of God by delishpot: 12:37pm On Oct 21, 2015
ODUBEZE:

U are contradicting yourself. Not that I have your time. U are not brain washed yet U seems to have a full knowledge of one above the other.

I hear you. You win.
Re: Enugu Community Where Green Snakes Are Kings, Queens, Battle Men Of God by OnankpaBa(m): 12:43pm On Oct 21, 2015
Spybradd:

your foolishness and that of the mumu you quoted are equal in proportion...so it wud be wise and correct to call you partners in foolishness..grin

Re: Enugu Community Where Green Snakes Are Kings, Queens, Battle Men Of God by dview001(m): 12:54pm On Oct 21, 2015
As for me nothing is real ,this world existed through xplosion of some particles so live life d way u see it, there is nothing like satan,jesus and ancestors and d likes
Re: Enugu Community Where Green Snakes Are Kings, Queens, Battle Men Of God by stexsy(m): 12:57pm On Oct 21, 2015
IbokUtoroh:

Your monicker shaaa, r u frm akwa ibom?

is ifa human?
Re: Enugu Community Where Green Snakes Are Kings, Queens, Battle Men Of God by thundafire: 1:02pm On Oct 21, 2015
hell have been expanded cs dy way it's goin it may nt contain some mad africans ooooo,white men brought GOD nd Jesus 2 us yet we re leaving dy life of our fore-fathers dat wer completely illiterates nd dy will stil go 2 church nd say dy re praying 2 GOd sorry as far as i knw MY GOD knws dy truthful prayer 4rm dy heart ooooooo so keep on deceiving ursef Traditionalist,Muslims nd co BELIEVE IN CHRIST JESUS CAUSE THROUGH HIM U SHALL HAVE ETERNAL LIFE
Re: Enugu Community Where Green Snakes Are Kings, Queens, Battle Men Of God by thundafire: 1:06pm On Oct 21, 2015
dview001:
As for me nothing is real ,this world existed through xplosion of some particles so live life d way u see it, there is nothing like satan,jesus and ancestors and d likes

nothing like JESUS,satan ryt if u dnt ask GOD 2 forgive u he shall punish u cs even herbalist knws dat GOD THE FATHER GOD THE GOD THE HOLY GHOST IS ALIVE FOREVER ask ursef if na particle explode 2 bring u idiot 2 dis world y is it nt exploding 2 bring more people abi dy tin get period 2 occur
Re: Enugu Community Where Green Snakes Are Kings, Queens, Battle Men Of God by babaireti(m): 1:06pm On Oct 21, 2015
And that is why IGBOS are dangerous,lethal,harmful,poisonous and VENOMOUS creatures who should be allowed and even encouraged to secede from this entity NIGERIA,I hate them
Re: Enugu Community Where Green Snakes Are Kings, Queens, Battle Men Of God by Nobody: 1:19pm On Oct 21, 2015
babaireti:
And that is why IGBOS are dangerous,lethal,harmful,poisonous and VENOMOUS creatures who should be allowed and even encouraged to secede from this entity NIGERIA,I hate them
There's a place in Yoruba land they worship ordinary mangroove monitor lizard. tongue
Re: Enugu Community Where Green Snakes Are Kings, Queens, Battle Men Of God by Nobody: 1:21pm On Oct 21, 2015
oluwaSmith1:
Ibo with their culture.

I hate snakes with passion.
st;upid woman why are you such a fvcking tribalist? you deserve to be Ra.ped ana.lly
Re: Enugu Community Where Green Snakes Are Kings, Queens, Battle Men Of God by Baroba(m): 1:25pm On Oct 21, 2015
The whole tradition and reverend father's belief is complete gibberish in my opinion. Green snakes never hurt anyone, if anything they help control rodent and frog population..

1 Like

Re: Enugu Community Where Green Snakes Are Kings, Queens, Battle Men Of God by Nobody: 1:27pm On Oct 21, 2015
I am from Aninri,Nenwe precisely,we kill all kinds of snake, couple of years ago when we were still kids, when we want to make some women from our neighbouring town cry (Oduma) what we do is to kill the green snake bring it to the major road, when theya re passing by and saw it they start to cry. Lol as ishi okpukpu wey be then, we derive pleasure seeing them cry.
Re: Enugu Community Where Green Snakes Are Kings, Queens, Battle Men Of God by oluwaSmith1(f): 1:28pm On Oct 21, 2015
sexfabregas:

st;upid woman why are you such a fvcking tribalist? you deserve to be Ra.ped ana.lly

Re: Enugu Community Where Green Snakes Are Kings, Queens, Battle Men Of God by oluwaSmith1(f): 1:30pm On Oct 21, 2015
sexfabregas:

Re: Enugu Community Where Green Snakes Are Kings, Queens, Battle Men Of God by kuulkyd(f): 1:33pm On Oct 21, 2015
This thing still exists I remember NYSC camp in Agwu several years ago, we were told about those snakes, that it was a taboo to kill any of them. I thought it would have fizzled out with time. So the chief believes so much in those snakes, and he still goes to church? Na wah oo.
Re: Enugu Community Where Green Snakes Are Kings, Queens, Battle Men Of God by DONSMITH123(m): 1:46pm On Oct 21, 2015
sexfabregas:

guy, are you a rapist?
Re: Enugu Community Where Green Snakes Are Kings, Queens, Battle Men Of God by oluwaSmith1(f): 1:47pm On Oct 21, 2015
DONSMITH123:

guy, are you a rapist?

Sir Don! You get time dey answer dat one?
Re: Enugu Community Where Green Snakes Are Kings, Queens, Battle Men Of God by OnankpaBa(m): 1:49pm On Oct 21, 2015
sexfabregas:

All rapist shall die by hanging...and by cutting off of their longy longy grin grin grin grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

10 Silly Nigerian's Beliefs You've Heard/Belive / Alaafin Of Oyo And His Wives Attend Juma'at Prayers (Photos) / Morenike Naomi Oluwaseyi Celebrates Her Mother's Birthday (Pictures)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.