Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,724 members, 7,862,312 topics. Date: Sunday, 16 June 2024 at 01:41 PM

Why God Has Hidden Your Future From You - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why God Has Hidden Your Future From You (644 Views)

10 Reasons Why GOD Allows Suffering On His People / Why God Allows Bad Things To Happen To Good People / Reasons Why God Is Not Subject To His Own Laws ! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Why God Has Hidden Your Future From You by ken2015: 1:33pm On Oct 21, 2015
Rev. Br. Kenneth Alamezie, BSS

“Which none of the princes of this world knew: for had they known it, they would not have crucified the Lord of glory. But as it is written, Eye hath not seen, nor ear heard, neither have entered into the heart of man, the things which God hath prepared for them that love him.”(1 Cor. 2:8-9)

The scripture above indicates that it is not everything concerning your life and destiny that would be made known to you or to others around you, before their time of manifestation. Actually, there are things about your future, great, splendid and enormous indeed, which God beforehand has prepared for you who love him, but which He has also hidden from you and from those who may pose an obstacle to such blessing: “for had they known it, they would not have crucified the Lord of glory. The truth is that there is a reason why amidst your present circumstances, ugly and unfavorable as they are, God has decided to keep your end product, fabricated in your future, from you. Absolutely this must be for your good. For there are things about you, the glory prepared for you that, if God lets you know about them in full detail now, may make you as well, and out of uncontrolled enthusiasm and sheer ignorance sacrifice them on the altar of airs and the like. Although, in some cases, the Lord in His wisdom and infinite mercy, that your faith may be sustained, as you pass through the fires of purification and preparation in anticipation of your own hour, from time to time, and through various means may give you, and not necessarily others around you, a flash of what the future holds for you.
Recall that in the case of our Lord Jesus Christ, everything about him, especially as it regards his salvific mission, was also hidden from the people of his time, because, according to the scripture, if they had known about it, they would not have crucified the Lord of glory. And we know that if such had happened, indeed the whole concept of our salvation would have suffered a terrible set back. And, notice that even when our Lord would comment on it--his mission--he would do so in parables thus, keeping them in the dark: “destroy this temple, and in three days I shall rebuild it again.”
In the case of Joseph, we know that the boy Joseph was only given, via dreams, a picture of what glory God had prepared for him, and not the full detail, else the brothers who were furious at the idea of having to serve a younger one would have made sure that in reality he got killed by a wild beast. Recall that when he made known to his brothers the two revelations given to him, via dreams, of his future, of which at the time he, Joseph, knew nothing of how such a thing, such a future laden with glory, would come about, they acted in a way expected of lesser mortals with faint knowledge of godly wisdom. They became so angry and jealous that without hesitation they began putting up plans on how to end such a dream and future. No doubt, then, that there ensuing actions interpret why God may not let his beloved nor those around him/her know their End Product. Moses is another example. The guy’s destiny was hidden from him, the family, and Pharaoh, else, Pharaoh, out of envy, jealousy and fear of the unknown would have slain beyond recognition the baby Moses, so as to stop that destiny from materializing. And, what about that mighty man of valor, Gideon? Scripture shows he had lost all hope, and in fact was carrying out his daily chores in the field in hiding. Not even the angel could easily convince him of what was written of him in the womb of times; “And the angel of the LORD appeared unto him, and said unto him, The LORD is with thee, ‘thou mighty man of valor’… And he said unto him, Oh my Lord, wherewith shall I save Israel? Behold, my family is poor in Manasseh, and I am the least in my father's house (Judges 6:12-15). Now, note that because he had never, before the angel’s visitation, perceived anything in him and of him depicting he was called of God to deliver the people from harsh intimidation of the Amalekites and the Midianites, “And so it was, when Israel had sown, that the Midianites came up, and the Amalekites, and the children of the east, even they came up against them; And they encamped against them, and destroyed the increase of the earth, till thou come unto Gaza, and left no sustenance for Israel, neither sheep, nor ox, nor ass” he doubted, more than Thomas would, even a divine message for him. Little wonder he was spared of the gift that Zechariah, John de Baptist’s father, received upon doubting the word of God. However, it seems God understood with him knowing what havoc ugly circumstances could create in one’s mind, the reason He went ahead despite the guy’s unbelief to accomplish what He had for him.
You see, at the present, God may for your good let folks around you see only your cross and not the crown, the frayed mat on which you now recline and not the throne, your sufferings and not the glory. Yes, this should be, so that no matter how intelligent your stubborn pursuers are, they would not be able to uncover the weight of glory awaiting you; and the same God, who in His wisdom has hidden away from their eyes and even from your own eyes as well, the glorious future awaiting you, will also keep you safe from harm’s way till your own hour. See, the good news I bring you today is this: it doesn’t matter to what extent or shape the chaos the enemy may have wrought in your life has taken, it doesn’t even matter the enormity of your sufferings at the present, or what folks have said concerning your situation, and it doesn’t matter whether you have lost your business, job, friends, relations or education. You see, a saying goes that it is not yet over until it is over, the final whistle is not yet blown thus, the game is still on, and consequently I declare to you this day that God is not yet done with you. Your throne will never be taken from you, as God is in control of that your situation. What God demand from you is simple, that you maintain a good relationship with Him and not pitch tent with the wicked in following their evil ways.
I like to say this, that your obstacles today will affect your miracles tomorrow, and your evidently sea of crosses at the moment will birth a bridge for a cross-over to your throne and crown, to the glory of God. God bless you!
Re: Why God Has Hidden Your Future From You by Nobody: 2:28pm On Oct 21, 2015
Who wants to read that long stuff? I'm not a literature student.

1 Like

Re: Why God Has Hidden Your Future From You by ToniGlory: 6:58am On Oct 30, 2015
ken2015:
Rev. Br. Kenneth Alamezie, BSS

“Which none of the princes of this world knew: for had they known it, they would not have crucified the Lord of glory. But as it is written, Eye hath not seen, nor ear heard, neither have entered into the heart of man, the things which God hath prepared for them that love him.”(1 Cor. 2:8-9)

The scripture above indicates that it is not everything concerning your life and destiny that would be made known to you or to others around you, before their time of manifestation. Actually, there are things about your future, great, splendid and enormous indeed, which God beforehand has prepared for you who love him, but which He has also hidden from you and from those who may pose an obstacle to such blessing: “for had they known it, they would not have crucified the Lord of glory. The truth is that there is a reason why amidst your present circumstances, ugly and unfavorable as they are, God has decided to keep your end product, fabricated in your future, from you. Absolutely this must be for your good. For there are things about you, the glory prepared for you that, if God lets you know about them in full detail now, may make you as well, and out of uncontrolled enthusiasm and sheer ignorance sacrifice them on the altar of airs and the like. Although, in some cases, the Lord in His wisdom and infinite mercy, that your faith may be sustained, as you pass through the fires of purification and preparation in anticipation of your own hour, from time to time, and through various means may give you, and not necessarily others around you, a flash of what the future holds for you.
Recall that in the case of our Lord Jesus Christ, everything about him, especially as it regards his salvific mission, was also hidden from the people of his time, because, according to the scripture, if they had known about it, they would not have crucified the Lord of glory. And we know that if such had happened, indeed the whole concept of our salvation would have suffered a terrible set back. And, notice that even when our Lord would comment on it--his mission--he would do so in parables thus, keeping them in the dark: “destroy this temple, and in three days I shall rebuild it again.”
In the case of Joseph, we know that the boy Joseph was only given, via dreams, a picture of what glory God had prepared for him, and not the full detail, else the brothers who were furious at the idea of having to serve a younger one would have made sure that in reality he got killed by a wild beast. Recall that when he made known to his brothers the two revelations given to him, via dreams, of his future, of which at the time he, Joseph, knew nothing of how such a thing, such a future laden with glory, would come about, they acted in a way expected of lesser mortals with faint knowledge of godly wisdom. They became so angry and jealous that without hesitation they began putting up plans on how to end such a dream and future. No doubt, then, that there ensuing actions interpret why God may not let his beloved nor those around him/her know their End Product. Moses is another example. The guy’s destiny was hidden from him, the family, and Pharaoh, else, Pharaoh, out of envy, jealousy and fear of the unknown would have slain beyond recognition the baby Moses, so as to stop that destiny from materializing. And, what about that mighty man of valor, Gideon? Scripture shows he had lost all hope, and in fact was carrying out his daily chores in the field in hiding. Not even the angel could easily convince him of what was written of him in the womb of times; “And the angel of the LORD appeared unto him, and said unto him, The LORD is with thee, ‘thou mighty man of valor’… And he said unto him, Oh my Lord, wherewith shall I save Israel? Behold, my family is poor in Manasseh, and I am the least in my father's house (Judges 6:12-15). Now, note that because he had never, before the angel’s visitation, perceived anything in him and of him depicting he was called of God to deliver the people from harsh intimidation of the Amalekites and the Midianites, “And so it was, when Israel had sown, that the Midianites came up, and the Amalekites, and the children of the east, even they came up against them; And they encamped against them, and destroyed the increase of the earth, till thou come unto Gaza, and left no sustenance for Israel, neither sheep, nor ox, nor ass” he doubted, more than Thomas would, even a divine message for him. Little wonder he was spared of the gift that Zechariah, John de Baptist’s father, received upon doubting the word of God. However, it seems God understood with him knowing what havoc ugly circumstances could create in one’s mind, the reason He went ahead despite the guy’s unbelief to accomplish what He had for him.
You see, at the present, God may for your good let folks around you see only your cross and not the crown, the frayed mat on which you now recline and not the throne, your sufferings and not the glory. Yes, this should be, so that no matter how intelligent your stubborn pursuers are, they would not be able to uncover the weight of glory awaiting you; and the same God, who in His wisdom has hidden away from their eyes and even from your own eyes as well, the glorious future awaiting you, will also keep you safe from harm’s way till your own hour. See, the good news I bring you today is this: it doesn’t matter to what extent or shape the chaos the enemy may have wrought in your life has taken, it doesn’t even matter the enormity of your sufferings at the present, or what folks have said concerning your situation, and it doesn’t matter whether you have lost your business, job, friends, relations or education. You see, a saying goes that it is not yet over until it is over, the final whistle is not yet blown thus, the game is still on, and consequently I declare to you this day that God is not yet done with you. Your throne will never be taken from you, as God is in control of that your situation. What God demand from you is simple, that you maintain a good relationship with Him and not pitch tent with the wicked in following their evil ways.
I like to say this, that your obstacles today will affect your miracles tomorrow, and your evidently sea of crosses at the moment will birth a bridge for a cross-over to your throne and crown, to the glory of God. God bless you!
amazing message!
thank you

(1) (Reply)

By God's Grace I Will Be Celebrating 20yrs Of Abstinence... / Open Heavens Daily Devotional 05/11/15 / TB Joshua To Be Prosecuted!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.