Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,521 members, 7,812,627 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 04:25 PM

10 Reasons Why GOD Allows Suffering On His People - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / 10 Reasons Why GOD Allows Suffering On His People (17034 Views)

Why God Allows This? / Christians, God Is Responsible For Atleast Some Of The Suffering On Earth . / 9 Reasons Why God Allows Trials And Tribulations. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

10 Reasons Why GOD Allows Suffering On His People by Thistrendblog(f): 7:17am On May 21, 2017
While we may not be satisfied with what God has revealed about his purposes in suffering, we cannot justifiably say he has not revealed anything about his purposes in suffering.

We may not have the answer we are laboring for, but we do have a wealth of answers that lie in the same field.

Here's an outline of ten reasons identified in God's Word:
1. To remind us that the world is broken and groans for redemption [Romans 8:20-23].

2. To do justice in response to Adam's (and our) sin.

3. To remind us of the severity of the impact of Adam's (and our) sin.

4. To keep us dependent on God [Hebrews 12:6-7].

5. So that we will long more for heaven and less for the world.

6. To make us more like Christ, the suffering servant [Romans 8:29; II Corinthians 1:5, 4:11].

7. To awaken the lost to their need for God [Psalm 119:67, 71].

8. To make the bliss of heaven more sweet [Romans 8:18; 1 Peter 4:13; Psalm 126:5; Isaiah 61:3].

9. So that Christ will get the glory in being our strength [John 9:3; 2 Corinthians 4:7].

10. And so that, thereby, others see that he is our treasure, and not ourselves [II Corinthians 4:8-9].

Source: http://www.thistrend.com.ng/2017/05/10-reasons-why-god-allows-suffering-on.html?m=1

lalasticlala, Mynd44, Seun, OAM4J

18 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 10 Reasons Why GOD Allows Suffering On His People by HungerBAD: 7:18am On May 21, 2017
Exactly my problem with people like this OP.

I am a Christian and i have serious problems with this write up. So you are bringing Biblical Verses to Justify the suffering of people on Earth?are you joking?The Pope and other Church leaders like T.D Jakes, Adeboye, Oyedepo and co that live like Kings, the suffering does not extend to them too?or you have a Bible verse to justify that they should be exempted from the suffering too?

You Biblical Scholars should let us practice Christianity in Peace, and not try to cause confusion with this kind of annoying write ups.

159 Likes 23 Shares

Re: 10 Reasons Why GOD Allows Suffering On His People by donbenie(m): 7:28am On May 21, 2017
Maybe,just Maybe He's on a Sabbatical..All these Fire and Brimstone Christians..
Re: 10 Reasons Why GOD Allows Suffering On His People by teelaw4life(m): 7:28am On May 21, 2017
Op is a Christian zombie. grin grin grin

40 Likes 5 Shares

Re: 10 Reasons Why GOD Allows Suffering On His People by Capableben(m): 7:32am On May 21, 2017
...Thanks for this Enlightenment.

contact BEEJAY ARTS on whatsapp and have yourself/loved one turned into aa lovely Cartoon today.

Re: 10 Reasons Why GOD Allows Suffering On His People by ignis: 7:32am On May 21, 2017
With all due respect, Op I disagree with your write up.
God does not allow his people to suffer, Christains suffer basically as a result of ignorance.

Hos. 4:6 My people perish for lack of knowledge.

Op, for writting this trash, you are obviously ignorant of the magnificent provisions in the word of God. You need knowledge.

23 Likes 3 Shares

Re: 10 Reasons Why GOD Allows Suffering On His People by crackhouse(m): 7:33am On May 21, 2017
Nice
Re: 10 Reasons Why GOD Allows Suffering On His People by veekid(m): 7:33am On May 21, 2017
Some pple need help; example is this OP

2 Likes

Re: 10 Reasons Why GOD Allows Suffering On His People by Scatterscatter(m): 7:33am On May 21, 2017
OP this is unacceptable

The same Bible says "HE shall provide all my needs according to his riches in Christ Jesus.

God doesn't want us "His Children" to suffer.

You create your reality by the confession of your mouth

7 Likes

Re: 10 Reasons Why GOD Allows Suffering On His People by phemocheee(m): 7:33am On May 21, 2017
May God bless you for this
HungerBAD:

I am a Christian and i have serious problems with this write up. So you are bringing Biblical Verses to Justify the suffering of people on Earth?are you joking?The Pope and other Church leaders like T.D Jakes, Adeboye, Oyedepo and co that live like Kings, the suffering does not extend to them too?or you have a Bible verse to justify that they should be exempted from the suffering too?

You Biblical Scholars should let us practice Christianity in Peace, and not try to cause confusion with this kind of annoying write ups.

15 Likes

Re: 10 Reasons Why GOD Allows Suffering On His People by Dottore: 7:33am On May 21, 2017
What kind of fallacious writeup is this. With this kind of mindset wealth and happiness will run away from your household.

Even the Bible made us understand that even inside heaven, levels dey.
When you suffer on earth you have been defeated and when you have been defeated on earth why won't you be defeated in heaven.
Where Abraham is sitting is definitely different from where Lazarus is sitting. Na Bible talk am

As for me na me and Abraham go dey with King David and others. All of you wey like suffer, make una do go meet Lazarus.

6 Likes

Re: 10 Reasons Why GOD Allows Suffering On His People by realestniggah: 7:33am On May 21, 2017
God doesn't exist..stop all this rubbish

when you die you loose consciousness forever.. same thing that happen when you go to bed at night and you have no idea what going on around you. there ain't no heaven or hell

if God really does exist I wonder why he would allow that RCCG female preacher to be murdered while she was preaching his word

y'all should leave religion alone and focus on building this country

46 Likes 4 Shares

Re: 10 Reasons Why GOD Allows Suffering On His People by mostHandsome01: 7:34am On May 21, 2017
pls note, as Christians, we dont suffer, we only have a waiting time, God said in His word, "that He wishes above all things that we will PROSPER and be in good health.

psalm chapter 1 also says as long as u delight in the Lord, u shall be blessed.

verse 3 also went on to say

And he shall be like a tree firmly planted [and tended] by the streams of water, ready to bring forth its fruit in its SEASON; its leaf also shall not fade or wither; and everything he does shall prosper [and come to maturity]

Note the word SEASON, that means there is an appointed time for breakthrough. so if u are not rich yet and u are a true Christian, not a Christian by mouth. then be rest assured, God would bless u at the appointed time of urs.

4 Likes

Re: 10 Reasons Why GOD Allows Suffering On His People by Nobody: 7:35am On May 21, 2017
Learn from the story of Job, it's the devil that afflicts not God.

3 Likes

Re: 10 Reasons Why GOD Allows Suffering On His People by teelaw4life(m): 7:36am On May 21, 2017
HungerBAD:

The highlighted part is the whole essence of religion and Christianity in particular. They've turned it into a religion of manipulation and hypocrisy.

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 10 Reasons Why GOD Allows Suffering On His People by ItalianWine(f): 7:36am On May 21, 2017
God does not test us with suffering

The Bible says: “It is unthinkable for the true God to act wickedly, for the Almighty to do wrong!”—Job 34:10.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 10 Reasons Why GOD Allows Suffering On His People by MrMystrO(m): 7:36am On May 21, 2017
Exactly one of the Reasons I said Religion is one of the Most effective Tools used by the Establishment to Preserve order by Making people blind to even the most common tools of problem solving through blocking the use of the mind, and then convincing them to accept the Bad and horrible situations they find themselves all in the name of Blind Faith! And trust me, this tool have been very very effective for them as u would soon notice here, so just watch how a lot of people will troop in here to Defend this.

14 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 10 Reasons Why GOD Allows Suffering On His People by afroniger: 7:37am On May 21, 2017
Crap. Why must the life of the average 'Christian' be about perpetual 'suffering', 'trials', and 'afflictions', while the pastors continue to miliki and jollificate here on earth? Why? Tell me why?

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 10 Reasons Why GOD Allows Suffering On His People by Snow5(m): 7:37am On May 21, 2017
I am a God follower... Not a Christian neither a Muslim....

Religion is man made...

See wetin religion do this OP... Stupid a$$ nigga..

All your GO's and the leader of all religion are living in wealth.. And you are here claiming stupidity

Gullible religious extremist

22 Likes

Re: 10 Reasons Why GOD Allows Suffering On His People by Nobody: 7:37am On May 21, 2017
Vorpal:
Learn from the story of Job, it's the devil that afflicts not God.

Jobs story is just a story...it never really happened just like Lazarus'. Do your findings before you quote me

6 Likes

Re: 10 Reasons Why GOD Allows Suffering On His People by Miraxzeebility(m): 7:37am On May 21, 2017
no matter what i will always Love and Rep Jesus

2 Likes

Re: 10 Reasons Why GOD Allows Suffering On His People by ednut1(m): 7:37am On May 21, 2017
Lame

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: 10 Reasons Why GOD Allows Suffering On His People by IamProfessorval(m): 7:38am On May 21, 2017
I agree with most of the reasons, but Adam's sin?
Why should a sin that was committed thousands of years ago by one man concern me?

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: 10 Reasons Why GOD Allows Suffering On His People by dopemama(f): 7:38am On May 21, 2017
People are now very comfortable using their fellow men for rituals!! No human sympathy anymore!! The world should come to an end! So many terrible things happening!

2 Likes

Re: 10 Reasons Why GOD Allows Suffering On His People by Miraxzeebility(m): 7:39am On May 21, 2017
IamProfessorval:
I agree with most of the reasons, but Adam's sin?
Why should a sin that was committed thousands of years ago by one man concern me?

he is your first Father

3 Likes

Re: 10 Reasons Why GOD Allows Suffering On His People by Nobody: 7:39am On May 21, 2017
HungerBAD:

What makes you think these men are for God?

If Jesus son of God did not live like a king on earth, do you think those ones are for God? When the bible admonishes that we should not mind high things but condescend to men of low estate.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: 10 Reasons Why GOD Allows Suffering On His People by goslowgoslow(m): 7:39am On May 21, 2017
Nonsense abeg make God end the suffering it is too much we don tire.

1 Like

Re: 10 Reasons Why GOD Allows Suffering On His People by daywatcher: 7:39am On May 21, 2017
You have heard...if you do not where your next meal is coming from. Tough luck..adam and eve should not have sinned
Re: 10 Reasons Why GOD Allows Suffering On His People by malvisguy212: 7:39am On May 21, 2017
HungerBAD:

I suspect that those who use suffering as a "proof" of God's non-existence would not want to have their free choice taken away from them,but that's exactly what God would have to do if He were to enforce His will on the earth. For if God were to intervene in the matter of suffering, would He not also intervene in the matter of sin? If He did, He would have to be a dictator.
Then how would we react? We would not want that,and according to the Bible, God doesn't want it either. He wants us to obey Him because we want to, not because we have to. And in order to accomplish this, He must allow two things to happen. First, in order to grant us free choice, He must provide us with graphic examples of the consequences of the wrong choice. Secondly,He must allow injustices and sufferings; otherwise he'd provide sinful mankind with every blessing and benefit without restriction. If everything in this life was fair, good and happy, what need would there be to seek a better life? Why would we seek a Deliverer, if there was nothing to be delivered from? Suffering is not something that ought to turn people away from God, but draw them to Him.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: 10 Reasons Why GOD Allows Suffering On His People by Emeskhalifa(m): 7:40am On May 21, 2017
that Adam's sin got me laughing like seriously??
so all thse surffernes na coz of Adam wey me know abi??
op continue ooooo don't forget to tell us the brand of weed u smoked before posting this shaaa

1 Like

Re: 10 Reasons Why GOD Allows Suffering On His People by Ezedon(m): 7:41am On May 21, 2017
But due to impatience human nature, we sometimes fail to understand this points
Re: 10 Reasons Why GOD Allows Suffering On His People by NairalandCS(m): 7:41am On May 21, 2017
This shit right here is the reason why more and more people are becoming athiests ..

6 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Catholic Priest, Anelu, Suspended For Banning Igbo Songs Reinstated / Reasons Why We Go To Church. / What Does It Mean To "Sin Wilfully" In Hebrews 10:26? - Prince Gabriel Okocha

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.