Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,481 members, 7,812,482 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 02:04 PM

INEC's New Chairman 'Mahmud Yakubu': 4 Important Things To Know About - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / INEC's New Chairman 'Mahmud Yakubu': 4 Important Things To Know About (43825 Views)

Buhari Swars-In Mahmud Yakubu As INEC Chairman / Senate Confirms Mahmud Yakubu As INEC Chair, 4 Commissioners / Buhari Appoints Mahmud Yakubu As INEC Chairman (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: INEC's New Chairman 'Mahmud Yakubu': 4 Important Things To Know About by gebest: 1:53pm On Oct 21, 2015
metroparrot:
Nigeria's President Muhammadu Buhari on Wednesday appointed Professor Mahmud Yakubu as new chairman of the Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC).

Yakubu is a professor of political history and international studies
He was Executive Secretary of the Tertiary Education Trust Fund.
He is an expert in guerrilla warfare, terrorism and counter-terrorism.
He was part of the team at last year's national conference

http://www.metronaija.com/2015/10/4-important-things-to-know-about-inecs.html

cc: lalasticlala
is that all?
Re: INEC's New Chairman 'Mahmud Yakubu': 4 Important Things To Know About by Shinelle(f): 1:53pm On Oct 21, 2015
important ?
Re: INEC's New Chairman 'Mahmud Yakubu': 4 Important Things To Know About by funlord(m): 1:54pm On Oct 21, 2015
angry

No 1 gives a _fuck about these "I get am before qualifications"! All he needs to do is implement policies on staff welfare which have been dormant and surpass the achievements of jega! Or else embarrassment awaits!

1 Like

Re: INEC's New Chairman 'Mahmud Yakubu': 4 Important Things To Know About by OkekeChristian(m): 1:54pm On Oct 21, 2015
Hello Mr. Chairman!

OP, he's not responding o!
Re: INEC's New Chairman 'Mahmud Yakubu': 4 Important Things To Know About by Kunlexic(m): 1:54pm On Oct 21, 2015
Na alumni of which uni?
Re: INEC's New Chairman 'Mahmud Yakubu': 4 Important Things To Know About by danduchi(m): 1:54pm On Oct 21, 2015
I
Re: INEC's New Chairman 'Mahmud Yakubu': 4 Important Things To Know About by belente(m): 1:54pm On Oct 21, 2015
Ok
Re: INEC's New Chairman 'Mahmud Yakubu': 4 Important Things To Know About by Nobody: 1:55pm On Oct 21, 2015
Chai Buhari appointing people without looking at their CV.

Now he will start fighting terrorists in INEC.
Re: INEC's New Chairman 'Mahmud Yakubu': 4 Important Things To Know About by gbolakpine(m): 1:55pm On Oct 21, 2015
please help me like my facebook fan fage... This is the link www.facebook.com/boldnaija Thank you! grin
Re: INEC's New Chairman 'Mahmud Yakubu': 4 Important Things To Know About by shadrach77: 1:55pm On Oct 21, 2015
He is a CHRISTIAN
Re: INEC's New Chairman 'Mahmud Yakubu': 4 Important Things To Know About by bobchigar(m): 1:56pm On Oct 21, 2015
Goodluck to him and Nigeria
Re: INEC's New Chairman 'Mahmud Yakubu': 4 Important Things To Know About by Nobody: 1:56pm On Oct 21, 2015
Did they mistakenly send a Che Guvera that is good in guerilla wafare to INEC instead of Sambisa.

Buhariooooooooooooooooooooooooo. Chai

2 Likes

Re: INEC's New Chairman 'Mahmud Yakubu': 4 Important Things To Know About by blackboy(m): 1:56pm On Oct 21, 2015
Round peg in a .... Let's hope he improves on the card reader machines and voters registration
Re: INEC's New Chairman 'Mahmud Yakubu': 4 Important Things To Know About by dekdek: 1:57pm On Oct 21, 2015
BALLOSKI:
like I keep saying, he's needed more at dss or NSA office.

Never say never. Men like orubebe are still in our midst. His skills will be of use. grin

1 Like

Re: INEC's New Chairman 'Mahmud Yakubu': 4 Important Things To Know About by morscino: 1:57pm On Oct 21, 2015
g
Re: INEC's New Chairman 'Mahmud Yakubu': 4 Important Things To Know About by MrJah(m): 1:57pm On Oct 21, 2015
And the Nothernization of Nigeria continues

2 Likes

Re: INEC's New Chairman 'Mahmud Yakubu': 4 Important Things To Know About by ril19(m): 2:00pm On Oct 21, 2015
clevadani:

O boy u wan sell this space wey u buk so ni? grin
Re: INEC's New Chairman 'Mahmud Yakubu': 4 Important Things To Know About by Querty(m): 2:00pm On Oct 21, 2015
who cares?
all dis northern Inec chairmen dat would not let my CRUSH continue in office..

my signature.....

1 Like

Re: INEC's New Chairman 'Mahmud Yakubu': 4 Important Things To Know About by Nobody: 2:00pm On Oct 21, 2015
So PMB do listen to the Wailers
Re: INEC's New Chairman 'Mahmud Yakubu': 4 Important Things To Know About by wiseoneking: 2:01pm On Oct 21, 2015
metroparrot:
Nigeria's President Muhammadu Buhari on Wednesday appointed Professor Mahmud Yakubu as new chairman of the Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC).

I think Pdp and metuh is now making buhari to get a sense of leadership. He finally did their bidding. Let him start working on other changes that pdp tabled that he do asap. I just hope this prof is free from boko haram passion that is in their BLOOD.

1 Like

Re: INEC's New Chairman 'Mahmud Yakubu': 4 Important Things To Know About by victorazy(m): 2:02pm On Oct 21, 2015
Is that all?
Re: INEC's New Chairman 'Mahmud Yakubu': 4 Important Things To Know About by TIMEISWISDOM(m): 2:05pm On Oct 21, 2015
round peg in a square hole! That's Nigeria for you always making a caricature of any profession
Re: INEC's New Chairman 'Mahmud Yakubu': 4 Important Things To Know About by banking2: 2:06pm On Oct 21, 2015
Nobody is care about Federal Character Principle any more in appointing key political offices.
However, come to education, sharing of allocation revenue etc., this principles will be strictly adhere with.

PMB play a very smart game with Southerners, by removed the outgoing HOS from Northern part and quick replaced with South-South candidate

Anyhow, thanks to Falana that challenged FG that any election conducted by present composition of INEC shall be null and voids.

God Bless Great Nigerians Youth,
God Bless Nigerian.

Please before you start criticize me am typical Yoruba guy and Nigerian Youth.

1 Like

Re: INEC's New Chairman 'Mahmud Yakubu': 4 Important Things To Know About by chukkystar(m): 2:12pm On Oct 21, 2015
If he is an expert in Guerilla Warfare and Counter Terrorism, Y is he not defence minister instead

1 Like

Re: INEC's New Chairman 'Mahmud Yakubu': 4 Important Things To Know About by front247: 2:13pm On Oct 21, 2015
They did not giv details abt his integrity and his character whether he is a no- nonsense man
Re: INEC's New Chairman 'Mahmud Yakubu': 4 Important Things To Know About by Chigold101(m): 2:14pm On Oct 21, 2015
metroparrot:

he is here and Boko haram have been killing people in northeast
Re: INEC's New Chairman 'Mahmud Yakubu': 4 Important Things To Know About by Chigold101(m): 2:15pm On Oct 21, 2015
Keneking:
Great...
"He is an expert in guerrilla warfare, terrorism and counter-terrorism" shocked.
Second Term is now done and dusted...Sai APC
We shall reclaim all mandates in Bayelsa, Akwa Ibom, Rivers, Ebonyi, Enugu and Ondo State.
I am sure Dickson would be scratching his head and planning how to disband his legal team grin

Listening to Chief Osita Osadebe's - Jesus Onye Ndu (great song for the postcolonial times)
okay... Soon Baba Bubu will be like...

Re: INEC's New Chairman 'Mahmud Yakubu': 4 Important Things To Know About by neweraomo: 2:16pm On Oct 21, 2015
This one looks like thief, all I smell in him is corruption
Re: INEC's New Chairman 'Mahmud Yakubu': 4 Important Things To Know About by chukkystar(m): 2:17pm On Oct 21, 2015
shadrach77:
He is a CHRISTIAN
Nigeria is more divided among tribes than Religion, even Hausa Muslim does not consider Yoruba Muslim a true muslim

1 Like

Re: INEC's New Chairman 'Mahmud Yakubu': 4 Important Things To Know About by AkwaIbomrep1: 2:19pm On Oct 21, 2015
metroparrot:

u see ? Jonathan went and appointed a northerner as inec chair, he now conived with his northern brothers and rig in favour of Buahari, I know jona was intimidated by the northern elements...hmmm..being a minority president....out of fear he appointed mostly northerners in key positions 4 peace to reign still..... , britons come and see ur handiwork, amalgamating us with ''terrorists'' what a mistake, in my state ''Akwa ibom ''northerners controls 99% of our oil well that reminds me ,(release Nnamdi kanu now to avoid .....) what a nation....only but one day...''in other news...''invest in Akwa ibom ''
Re: INEC's New Chairman 'Mahmud Yakubu': 4 Important Things To Know About by enigma2007(m): 2:20pm On Oct 21, 2015
BALLOSKI:
like I keep saying, he's needed more at dss or NSA office.

Exactly!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Zainab, Buba Galadima Daughter Works For The Presidency (Photos) / FG Rejects Governors’ N22,500 Minimum Wage Proposal / Nollywood Actors In Imo For Ihedioha's Inauguration (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.