Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,161,154 members, 7,845,806 topics. Date: Friday, 31 May 2024 at 03:50 AM

El-rufai...I Only Said "You Can Climb Kufena Hills And Jump.” - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / El-rufai...I Only Said "You Can Climb Kufena Hills And Jump.” (672 Views)

IPOB Members Climb To Watch Nnamdi Kanu & Wife In Anambra / Ganduje: 'I Don't Sleep At Public Functions, I Only Pretend'' / El-rufai - I Am Neither A Religious Bigot Nor An Ethnic Jingoist (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

El-rufai...I Only Said "You Can Climb Kufena Hills And Jump.” by alcmene: 2:45pm On Oct 21, 2015
Kaduna State Governor, Malam Nasir El-Rufai, said he has watched with consternation the misrepresentation of the comments he made during the question and answer segment of the Kaduna State Government Town Hall meeting of Saturday, 17 October 2015.

These monthly meetings reflect Malam El-Rufai’s strong belief in engagement with the public; to report on the government’s activities and plans and obtain feedback, criticisms and comment.

A statement by his media aide, Mr Samuel Aruwan said “As the video clip clearly shows, El-Rufai did not ask any one to die. Not over appointments or anything. He was emphatic about the need for frank talk, explaining that:
“All of us in the Kaduna State Government have sworn with the Quran; Christians with the Holy Bible to do justice and we will do justice.

“We better stand and tell ourselves the truth. Everyone knows the truth. No matter the noise, the truth is constant. And as I stand here, no matter who you are, I will face you and tell you the truth. If you don’t want to hear the truth, you can climb Kufena Hills and jump.”
Aruwan said “Only the reporter of one newspaper, the Sunday Vanguard, inserted the word “die” into what was an avalanche of fabrication dressed as a direct quote. Malam El-Rufai addressed the audience largely in Hausa, but translation into English cannot be a cover for fabrication.

According to him “We have therefore written to Vanguard to seek a retraction and suitable apology. Their reporter was not even at the event, although he has been fervent in trying to use his “stories” as a vehicle for his prejudices, in a state like Kaduna that has suffered terribly from incitement and reckless passions.
“Everyone knows that Malam El-Rufai is frank and forthright in his views. But even a man of strong opinions deserves accurate reportage.

https://www.today.ng/news/26752/appointments-i-did-not-ask-anyone-to-die-el-rufai
Re: El-rufai...I Only Said "You Can Climb Kufena Hills And Jump.” by alcmene: 2:52pm On Oct 21, 2015
This man should tender an unreserved apology and stop the needless explanation.

Will someone that jumps from Kufena hill not definitely going to die undecided

1 Like

Re: El-rufai...I Only Said "You Can Climb Kufena Hills And Jump.” by Jascon4: 2:53pm On Oct 21, 2015
So if one climbs Kufena Hill and jumps, what would be his fate?

We should always remember that once we say something, we cannot take it back even if we regretted saying it..hence the reason why public officials and everyone else should carefully choose their words especially when upset.

Your speech is a representation of your personality.
Re: El-rufai...I Only Said "You Can Climb Kufena Hills And Jump.” by iyamchee(m): 2:53pm On Oct 21, 2015
All these politicians tha talk trash sha
Re: El-rufai...I Only Said "You Can Climb Kufena Hills And Jump.” by christejames(m): 2:58pm On Oct 21, 2015
Baba Eru, abi na Erujeje, what's the difference if I may ask?
Re: El-rufai...I Only Said "You Can Climb Kufena Hills And Jump.” by kossyablaze(m): 3:00pm On Oct 21, 2015
Lol

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: El-rufai...I Only Said "You Can Climb Kufena Hills And Jump.” by hob(m): 3:01pm On Oct 21, 2015
Politicians thou...........
Re: El-rufai...I Only Said "You Can Climb Kufena Hills And Jump.” by Joevics(m): 3:17pm On Oct 21, 2015
And i was thinking climb and jump and '' go and die'' means the same thing.
Elruffai is really a confirmed dullard, i just pity all these spokespersons that gets to clean up their masters shit @ their own detriment.
Re: El-rufai...I Only Said "You Can Climb Kufena Hills And Jump.” by 01emek(m): 3:41pm On Oct 21, 2015
APC sabi change mouth ehh, the other day its was Buhari saying he never made any 100 days promise to Nigerian. Chai Buhari can lie ooooooosmileysmiley
Re: El-rufai...I Only Said "You Can Climb Kufena Hills And Jump.” by Nobody: 3:44pm On Oct 21, 2015
alcmene:
Kaduna State Governor, Malam Nasir El-Rufai, said he has watched with consternation the misrepresentation of the comments he made during the question and answer segment of the Kaduna State Government Town Hall meeting of Saturday, 17 October 2015.

These monthly meetings reflect Malam El-Rufai’s strong belief in engagement with the public; to report on the government’s activities and plans and obtain feedback, criticisms and comment.

A statement by his media aide, Mr Samuel Aruwan said “As the video clip clearly shows, El-Rufai did not ask any one to die. Not over appointments or anything. He was emphatic about the need for frank talk, explaining that:
“All of us in the Kaduna State Government have sworn with the Quran; Christians with the Holy Bible to do justice and we will do justice.

“We better stand and tell ourselves the truth. Everyone knows the truth. No matter the noise, the truth is constant. And as I stand here, no matter who you are, I will face you and tell you the truth. If you don’t want to hear the truth, you can climb Kufena Hills and jump.”
Aruwan said “Only the reporter of one newspaper, the Sunday Vanguard, inserted the word “die” into what was an avalanche of fabrication dressed as a direct quote. Malam El-Rufai addressed the audience largely in Hausa, but translation into English cannot be a cover for fabrication.

According to him “We have therefore written to Vanguard to seek a retraction and suitable apology. Their reporter was not even at the event, although he has been fervent in trying to use his “stories” as a vehicle for his prejudices, in a state like Kaduna that has suffered terribly from incitement and reckless passions.
“Everyone knows that Malam El-Rufai is frank and forthright in his views. But even a man of strong opinions deserves accurate reportage.

https://www.today.ng/news/26752/appointments-i-did-not-ask-anyone-to-die-el-rufai
yeye de smell pass abo.ki poo...see defence...just like saying u can pull d trigger on your head
Re: El-rufai...I Only Said "You Can Climb Kufena Hills And Jump.” by Nelkoko: 3:47pm On Oct 21, 2015
SHORTMAN DEVIL
Re: El-rufai...I Only Said "You Can Climb Kufena Hills And Jump.” by rolchi(m): 4:00pm On Oct 21, 2015
So when you climb Kufena Hills and jump; what is expected to happen? In my mind oh, it is expected that you will DIE. It is one and the same. Conclusion, El-Rufai said..."You can Climb Kufena Hills and Jump"...and DIE.

(1) (Reply)

Inspiring Acceptance Speech Of The Ooni Of Ife / PDP Senators Make U-turn, Declare Support For Saraki - / Unbelievable!; Fayose Surprises Old Woman Who Accosted Him Today In Ekiti

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.