Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,019 members, 7,818,019 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 04:52 AM

Ambode Donates 50million Naira To IDPs In Three State For Upkeep - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ambode Donates 50million Naira To IDPs In Three State For Upkeep (11571 Views)

Ambode Donates 120 5KVA Generating Sets To Power Police Formations / Bolanle Ambode Donates Motorized Wheelchair To A Physically Challenged Boy (Pics / Bolanle Ambode Donates Conveniences For Children At Ndubuis Park (photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ambode Donates 50million Naira To IDPs In Three State For Upkeep by omisakint: 9:17am On Oct 22, 2015
Ad
Re: Ambode Donates 50million Naira To IDPs In Three State For Upkeep by tmv10(m): 9:17am On Oct 22, 2015
Copperfield:
50 million naira to another states and my street is not yet tarred? hian....

YOUR STREET IS NOT TARRED, BUT SOME PEOPLE WOKE UP WITH A HUNGRY STOMACH SOMEWHERE IN MAIDUGURI.
I AM FORCED TO ASK WHERE UR CONSCIENCE LIES.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ambode Donates 50million Naira To IDPs In Three State For Upkeep by Candybob(m): 9:18am On Oct 22, 2015
This is what all these Northern Idiots want, Almajiri mentality!

1 Like

Re: Ambode Donates 50million Naira To IDPs In Three State For Upkeep by martineverest(m): 9:19am On Oct 22, 2015
Ambode just made those states governors richer

2 Likes

Re: Ambode Donates 50million Naira To IDPs In Three State For Upkeep by emmycare: 9:19am On Oct 22, 2015
This is a kind gesture but more is expected of him in Lagos as the governor.
Re: Ambode Donates 50million Naira To IDPs In Three State For Upkeep by ERODEDEAST(f): 9:20am On Oct 22, 2015
Who send am undecided
Re: Ambode Donates 50million Naira To IDPs In Three State For Upkeep by Candybob(m): 9:21am On Oct 22, 2015
tmv10:

YOUR STREET IS NOT TARRED, BUT SOME PEOPLE WOKE UP WITH A HUNGRY STOMACH SOMEWHERE IN MAIDUGURI.
I AM FORCED TO ASK WHERE UR CONSCIENCE LIES.

People wake up with hungry stomachs everyday and everywhere in Lagos! What has this governor done about it?

1 Like

Re: Ambode Donates 50million Naira To IDPs In Three State For Upkeep by screampete(m): 9:22am On Oct 22, 2015
EMMAXBLESS:
Nice On Mr Ambode
Just keep it up and don't forget those people on lagos who are jobless ooooo............
#Eko Oni Baje ooo#
ambode has changed the slogan ooo.. No more #eko oni baje...
Re: Ambode Donates 50million Naira To IDPs In Three State For Upkeep by MSEdLAW(m): 9:22am On Oct 22, 2015
Re: Ambode Donates 50million Naira To IDPs In Three State For Upkeep by Nobody: 9:22am On Oct 22, 2015
Misplaced priority
Re: Ambode Donates 50million Naira To IDPs In Three State For Upkeep by galadima77(m): 9:23am On Oct 22, 2015
Is it Ambode as an individual or the Lagos state government? Cos dey don't mean d same
Re: Ambode Donates 50million Naira To IDPs In Three State For Upkeep by Ibrahimzulka: 9:26am On Oct 22, 2015
May God bless u
Re: Ambode Donates 50million Naira To IDPs In Three State For Upkeep by adaweezy(m): 9:28am On Oct 22, 2015
galadima77:
Is it Ambode as an individual or the Lagos state government? Cos dey don't mean d same
They are one and the same
eg look at immunity
The lagos state Governor has immunity, who is the lagos state governor ?? Ambode
so for the next 1000 plus days in Lagos, Ambode and the Governor of Lagos state are one and the same
Re: Ambode Donates 50million Naira To IDPs In Three State For Upkeep by KingMikowski(m): 9:28am On Oct 22, 2015
anonimi:
Misplaced priority by an Akotileta prodigal son just like Okorocha who is building a school for IDPs in Adamawa while many children in their states are out of school or in dilapidated classrooms with demotivated & inadequate teachers. This means UNEMPLOYMENT for youths who should be hired as

- teachers
- school administrators, janitors, lab attendants, librarians etc
- construction engineers etc
- maintenance engineers etc

When shall we wise up and deal with the basics, abi charity no longer begins at home ni

www.nairaland.com/attachments/1964369_sku_jpeg334d7beae7aab641a8c82f6d428e843a

www.nairaland.com/attachments/1964370_sku2_jpege1ebe4de4329955b7ec99f84493ba009

www.nairaland.com/attachments/1964371_sku3_jpegc43fc3a60bbe93a19044cd6322b91898
That's one thing like Rotimi Amaechi with, he made sure the schools in his state were in order. Yes, I saw some of them!
Re: Ambode Donates 50million Naira To IDPs In Three State For Upkeep by tmv10(m): 9:29am On Oct 22, 2015
Candybob:

People wake up with hungry stomachs everyday and everywhere in Lagos! What has this governor done about it?

WELL U HAVE TO AGREE WITH ME THAT THIS PPLE ARE INTERNALLY DISPLACED PERSONS AFFECTED BY TERRORISM. DONATIONS TO THEM DOESNT AND SHULDNT BE RELATED TO THE CONDITION OF YOUR STREET.
Re: Ambode Donates 50million Naira To IDPs In Three State For Upkeep by LEXYCOM: 9:37am On Oct 22, 2015
I just need 1 million Naira, can I have it pls....
Re: Ambode Donates 50million Naira To IDPs In Three State For Upkeep by Orikinla(m): 9:37am On Oct 22, 2015
Thank you Ambode.
Lagos is rich enough to even be an independent nation.
But lest forget to ask the big question.
[size=18pt]What Happened To The N58 Billion Raised For Victims Of Boko Haram In The North? - Politics - Nairaland
https://www.nairaland.com/2154081/what-happened-n58-billion-raised

N58.79 billion was raised for victims of Boko Haram in the north at the fund-raising dinner for President Goodluck Jonathan’s Victims Support Fund on July 31, 2014 and that is more than enough to take care of the security and welfare of the estimated 3.3 million refugees in the neighboring countries of Cameroon, Chad and Niger and internally displaced persons (IDPs) in Nigeria. But the SOS reports from the refugees and IDPs camps are shocking. Majority of them sleep on bare floors without mattresses and pillows; no regular supply of safe water and no sanitary facilities. They are suffering horrible indignities worsening the terrible state of their humanitarian emergency.
So, what happened to the N58.79 billion raised for them?

The largest donors included Theophilus Danjuma, $10 million; Aliko Dangote, N1 billion; Jim Ovia, N1 billion; Tony Elumelu, N2.5 billion; Mike Adenuga, N1 billion; Wale Tinubu, N1 billion; Arthur Eze, $5 million; Mohammed Ndimi, $5 million; Kabiru Rabiu, N500 million; Dahiru Mangal N500 million; Folorunsho Alakija, N500 million; a group of oil sector players, N17 billion; bankers N15 billion, telecom sector players N1 billion; state governors, N3.7 billion; and ministers, N50 million.

The shocking report "GRIM TALES OF RAPE, CHILD TRAFFICKING IN DISPLACED PERSONS CAMP," by the International Centre for Investigative Reporting (icirnigeria.org), on several cases of rape, child and sex trafficking of under-aged persons in IDP camps has exposed the lack of accountability and irresponsibility of the National Emergency Management Agency (NEMA).
These unfortunate stigmatized and traumatized victims of terror who are in urgent need of both physical and mental therapy have been neglected to worsen their nightmares as confirmed by their harrowing experiences.

This is a state of emergency that the federal government must respond to immediately as the heartbreaking report is now making headlines all over the world. And the Turkish Weekly has just reported that the Nigerian government "has set up a committee to investigate claims of abuses against people displaced from their homes in the insurgency-gripped northeastern region".[/size]

1 Like

Re: Ambode Donates 50million Naira To IDPs In Three State For Upkeep by MsGlobalwonder(f): 9:40am On Oct 22, 2015
GhanasexWorker:
Please dos cuming to Ghana for business should Call for Intense Pleasure wit me. +233244355419
seriously? shocked
Re: Ambode Donates 50million Naira To IDPs In Three State For Upkeep by Orikinla(m): 9:40am On Oct 22, 2015
KingMikowski:

That's one thing like Rotimi Amaechi with, he made sure the schools in his state were in order. Yes, I saw some of them!

Re: Ambode Donates 50million Naira To IDPs In Three State For Upkeep by shammah1(m): 9:42am On Oct 22, 2015
that's same question I asked. Better be his personal money
ZUBY77:
My question is, is this money from his bank account or from Lagos state account?
If from Lagos state, why not say that Lagos State Government donated the money instead of Ambode?

If it's his money, why not tell us how he made this money?
Re: Ambode Donates 50million Naira To IDPs In Three State For Upkeep by shammah1(m): 9:44am On Oct 22, 2015
your comment look confused. Are you?
chrisbaba1:
[size=15pt]But they have a budget undecided undecided. Anyway i think this will go a long way in strengthening the bond between the North and western states in a sense...... Noble gesture by the governor mixed with blatant politicking..... Im not sure if this is right[/size]
Re: Ambode Donates 50million Naira To IDPs In Three State For Upkeep by Bimpe29: 9:49am On Oct 22, 2015
Hand of brotherhood it is!
Re: Ambode Donates 50million Naira To IDPs In Three State For Upkeep by Nobody: 9:50am On Oct 22, 2015
shammah1:
your comment look confused. Are you?

Not meant for people with low cognitive abilities.
Re: Ambode Donates 50million Naira To IDPs In Three State For Upkeep by Orikinla(m): 9:51am On Oct 22, 2015

Re: Ambode Donates 50million Naira To IDPs In Three State For Upkeep by 83lagosroad(m): 9:52am On Oct 22, 2015
anonimi:
Misplaced priority by an Akotileta prodigal son just like Okorocha who is building a school for IDPs in Adamawa while many children in their states are out of school or in dilapidated classrooms with demotivated & inadequate teachers. This means UNEMPLOYMENT for youths who should be hired as

- teachers
- school administrators, janitors, lab attendants, librarians etc
- construction engineers etc
- maintenance engineers etc

When shall we wise up and deal with the basics, abi charity no longer begins at home ni

www.nairaland.com/attachments/1964369_sku_jpeg334d7beae7aab641a8c82f6d428e843a

www.nairaland.com/attachments/1964370_sku2_jpege1ebe4de4329955b7ec99f84493ba009

www.nairaland.com/attachments/1964371_sku3_jpegc43fc3a60bbe93a19044cd6322b91898

A.P.C
XCANGI
DECEPTION OF THE HIGHEST ORDER.
MONEY SQUANDERS

1 Like

Re: Ambode Donates 50million Naira To IDPs In Three State For Upkeep by Nobody: 9:57am On Oct 22, 2015
obeenah40:
I watched a Video of the state of things in the IDP camp and I couldn't help but pity those unfortunate people.

I've always known Ambode has a Heart for the masses, how many Governors in nigeria will donate this huge amount to people that's not from their geo-political zone talk more of his state.

I wouldn't chose a better person to govern Lagos. Ambode might just be the next Raji fashola
RESPECT BOSS!!

Too bad those niggas on white will start removing their share until just a Little is left for the IDPs.. Korrupt faggis

Ambode is no were near Fashola's Shoelaces... but let us see how this thuggish dunce performs.. let us see
Re: Ambode Donates 50million Naira To IDPs In Three State For Upkeep by anonimi: 10:01am On Oct 22, 2015
83lagosroad:
A.P.C
XCANGI
DECEPTION OF THE HIGHEST ORDER.
MONEY SQUANDERS

What is most annoying about this "donation" is that there is NO accountability for the funds and most likely will be SHARED by all concerned while the EMPLOYMENT of Lagos youths that the proper use of the money could have yielded is LOST embarassed embarassed

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Ambode Donates 50million Naira To IDPs In Three State For Upkeep by Candybob(m): 10:05am On Oct 22, 2015
tmv10:

WELL U HAVE TO AGREE WITH ME THAT THIS PPLE ARE INTERNALLY DISPLACED PERSONS AFFECTED BY TERRORISM. DONATIONS TO THEM DOESNT AND SHULDNT BE RELATED TO THE CONDITION OF YOUR STREET.

What of when beggars litter my street like rats, as has become the case when you drive through Ajah?

Am i not suppose to put my house in order before going around forming savior of the homes of other people!

I am not in support of giving the North a kobo under the guise of helping them cope with terrorism, the same way i am not in support of Nigeria receiviing aids from Abroad!
The reason is that the poor people, whom it is meant to address their problem will not see a kobo from the said aid, rather the greedy elites will hijack more to their already overbloated accounts!

Moreover the last National conference opened my eyes to the fact that, the North wants to use this terrorism scam to get more from the South!
Northerners even in time of peace and prosperity will opt to be beggars and IDP rather than work... Now they have a smokescreen to deceive the gullible!

1 Like

Re: Ambode Donates 50million Naira To IDPs In Three State For Upkeep by Jerry1000: 10:05am On Oct 22, 2015
Only in this country a Governor go wake up one morning and dornates Billions and millions to people. No question would be asked: how did he get the money?, whose money are you spending? Etc. They would clap the highest hand for him praise him everywhere, call him the highest name. May God have mercy on Nigerians.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Bayelsa APC Faction: Secretariat Built With Corrupt Funds, Cause Of Our Bad Luck / El-Rufai: The Pathfinder And His Unpopular Idea (Politics Nigeria Editorial) / Ohanaeze Raises Alarm Over Killings In Igboland

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.