Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,917 members, 7,863,223 topics. Date: Monday, 17 June 2024 at 01:19 PM

Where Is Nigeria Going To???? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Where Is Nigeria Going To???? (493 Views)

Obasanjo Is Nigeria’s Father Of Corruption, Sits On Stolen Wealth - Fayose / Where Is Nigeria Going!!! Fulani Cows Now Use Pedestrian Bridge In Major Roads I / Wall Street Journal: Buhari Is Nigeria’s Problem, Not Its Solution (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Where Is Nigeria Going To???? by swaggprofessor(m): 9:52am On Oct 22, 2015
1. On Tuesday this week during the screening of the ministerial nominees, an event occurred that left me with mouth wide opened in awe. Ministerial nominee Barr. Adebayo shittu was thoroughly scrutinized with series of question thrown at him for closed to an hour. He was asked a lot of reasonable, senseless and unnecessary questions but he took his time to answer them all. But when it got to the turn of Hon. Khadija Abba Ibrahim whose the wife to Senator Alhaji bukar Abba Ibrahim to the screened the senate president called on her husband Senator Alhaji Bukar Abba Ibrahim to question her which shouldn't have, Only for him to ask her how would she feel if she was asked to bow and go? How could that be a question in a screening exercise. After that he asked her to bow and go. My question is when has a single man in the national assembly has the authority to ask a ministerial nominee to bow and go in a plenary session that comprises of 108 seated senators? Does it means that a ministerial nominee that is related to a senator cannot be screened Or Is that what is written in our constitution
2.How can 84 senators pledge a vote to a senator in court over false declaration of assets How Nigerian Lawmakers be publicly embrassing fraud and corruption.

My personal conclusion is that Nigeria isn't matured enough for politics.

1 Like

Re: Where Is Nigeria Going To???? by SeverusSnape(m): 9:54am On Oct 22, 2015
They will call you a wailer.
Re: Where Is Nigeria Going To???? by kingofpool: 9:59am On Oct 22, 2015
To pit toilet.
Re: Where Is Nigeria Going To???? by TechRev: 10:02am On Oct 22, 2015
When you hope on Nigeria, Sorry becomes your name.
Re: Where Is Nigeria Going To???? by Nichobabe(m): 10:09am On Oct 22, 2015
swaggprofessor:
1. On Tuesday this week during the screening of the ministerial nominees, an event occurred that left me with mouth wide opened in awe. Ministerial nominee Barr. Adebayo shittu was thoroughly scrutinized with series of question thrown at him for closed to an hour. He was asked a lot of reasonable, senseless and unnecessary questions but he took his time to answer them all. But when it got to the turn of Hon. Khadija Abba Ibrahim whose the wife to Senator Alhaji bukar Abba Ibrahim to the screened the senate president called on her husband Senator Alhaji Bukar Abba Ibrahim to question her which shouldn't have, Only for him to ask her how would she feel if she was asked to bow and go? How could that be a question in a screening exercise. After that he asked her to bow and go. My question is when has a single man in the national assembly has the authority to ask a ministerial nominee to bow and go in a plenary session that comprises of 108 seated senators? Does it means that a ministerial nominee that is related to a senator cannot be screened Or Is that what is written in our constitution
2.How can 84 senators pledge a vote to a senator in court over false declaration of assets How Nigerian Lawmakers be publicly embrassing fraud and corruption.

My personal conclusion is that Nigeria isn't matured enough for politics.

OP don't single her out, as the practice in the senate is to ask former members of senate or House of reps to always take a bow and go. The lady in question was a former member of house of reps and so was asked to take a bow and go, the senate president only gave the husband the honour of doing that. Just like they asked other former senators to take a bow and go.

If you are questioning the practice of take a bow and go for former senators and house of reps members I will understand.

I am just giving clarifications

1 Like

Re: Where Is Nigeria Going To???? by swaggprofessor(m): 10:13am On Oct 22, 2015
Everyday the country is sinking further deep into a pool of shame. Imagine Alaimesigha given a hero's fairwell, Maj. hamza al-mustapha a known assasin to be acquitted and reinstated and celebrated as a National hero, asari dokubo a militant who was in jail in benin republic to be release because the Nigerian president lobbied for his released, a former minister caught in England for money laundry and many other countless cases.

(1) (Reply)

Anxiety In Wike's Camp As Tribunal Delivers Judgment Today / Nastiness Of The Wailing Wailers- Leadership / How APC Ignored Efcc’s Advice Not To Field Audu As Kogi Guber Candidate

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.