Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,672 members, 7,820,361 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 01:36 PM

Obasanjo Is Nigeria’s Father Of Corruption, Sits On Stolen Wealth - Fayose - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Obasanjo Is Nigeria’s Father Of Corruption, Sits On Stolen Wealth - Fayose (31837 Views)

Plot To Detain Obasanjo Is Real - Fani Kayode, Releases List Of Other Targets / We Will Shutdown Aso Rock If Obasanjo Is Touched - ADC / Obasanjo Is Under A Spell – Taiwo Obasanjo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Obasanjo Is Nigeria’s Father Of Corruption, Sits On Stolen Wealth - Fayose by philpwresh(m): 6:35pm On Mar 16, 2017
Ekiti State Governor, Mr Ayodele Fayose has told former President Olusegun Obasanjo stop deceiving the world with his anti-corruption posture, saying; “the former president is the father of corruption in Nigeria, who sits on stolen wealth.

He lacks moral rights to accuse anyone of corruption and I challenge him to explain to Nigerians the source of his stupendous wealth.”

Governor Fayose, who was reacting to comment credited to Obasanjo that African leaders should ensure that treasury looters are exposed and his warning of former Attorney-General of the Federation (AGF) and Minister of Justice Mohammed Adoke to stop mentioning his name in the controversial $1.09 billion Malabu Oil deal, said the former President should rather explain to Nigerians the source of his stupendous wealth.

In a release issued on Thursday, by his Special Assistant on Public Communications and New Media, Lere Olayinka, Governor Fayose said it smacked of the highest level of hypocrisy for someone like Obasanjo to be sermonising about corruption, having superintended over a corrupt government himself.

He said the former President must come out clean on his roles in the controversial $1.09 billion Malabu Oil deal, instead of warning former Attorney-General of the Federation (AGF) and Minister of Justice Mohammed Adoke to stop mentioning his name in the deal, adding that; “It is on record that the out-of-court settlement on the controversial Malabu Oil Block was initiated in 2006 during Obasanjo’s administration.”

Governor Fayose, who maintained that Obasanjo’s accusing anyone of corruption was like “Oyenusi accusing Shina Rambo of armed robbery”, challenged the former President to explain to Nigerians the source of his stupendous wealth, saying; “We saw how Obasanjo was when he became president and the magnitude of both direct and indirect investments that he has now. Can he in all honesty tell Nigerians that he acquired his wealth through legitimate means?”

Describing Obasanjo as the fathers of corruption in the present day Nigeria, Governor Fayose said; “Even the National Assembly affirmed him (Obasanjo) as the grandfather of corruption in Nigeria and it is on record that it was this same Obasanjo, who is always claiming holier than thou that introduced politics of ghana-must-go bags to the National Assembly.

“Has Obasanjo forgotten how many billions of naira was deployed to lobby National Assembly members to support his third term agenda?”
“Has he forgotten so soon that it was during his tenure that sacks of money were displayed on the floor of the House of Representatives, as bribe money given to some Reps members to impeach the then Speaker, Ghali N’abba?
While reiterating his demand that the former President should refund with interest, the N10 million that he was forced alongside other governors to donate to his Presidential Library project, Governor Fayose said; “Someone like Obasanjo, who used his position as President to extort money from governors, businessmen and contractors to build his presidential library lacked more rights to accuse anyone of corruption.”

He said “other Nigerians who left offices as President are still relevant to their people, but can the same be said about Obasanjo? Was he useful to the Yoruba race as President and now as former President? The bad state that he left major roads linking the Southwest to other zones in Nigeria, especially the Lagos-Ibadan expressway remains a pointer to this.

Yet, he goes about postulating as if he is the only honest Nigerians who can make things right in the country.”

SOURCE

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2017/03/fayose-obasanjo-is-nigerias-father-of-corruption-he-sits-on-stolen-wealth/

76 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Obasanjo Is Nigeria’s Father Of Corruption, Sits On Stolen Wealth - Fayose by emeijeh(m): 6:36pm On Mar 16, 2017
Fayose

Fayose

Fayose..... ..

How many times did i call you?

36 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Obasanjo Is Nigeria’s Father Of Corruption, Sits On Stolen Wealth - Fayose by BankManager(m): 6:37pm On Mar 16, 2017
[quote author=
Re: Obasanjo Is Nigeria’s Father Of Corruption, Sits On Stolen Wealth - Fayose by Scream(m): 6:38pm On Mar 16, 2017
True...check transportation, infrastructure, refineries, steel companies, aviation, telecommunications etc the corruption was systematic, it was done with finnes...continous chopping and cleaning of mouth unlike GEJ's style "chop according to your strength".

Double tuale to thief Fayose...may spit not dry in your mouth.

76 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Obasanjo Is Nigeria’s Father Of Corruption, Sits On Stolen Wealth - Fayose by softwerk(f): 6:40pm On Mar 16, 2017
Clap for yourself Fayose grin

And what are you yourself sitting on; Your pension and gratuity?!

Abeg make I take selfie jor cheesy

70 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Obasanjo Is Nigeria’s Father Of Corruption, Sits On Stolen Wealth - Fayose by Nobody: 6:42pm On Mar 16, 2017
And why does this social media governor think his opinions count?

11 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Obasanjo Is Nigeria’s Father Of Corruption, Sits On Stolen Wealth - Fayose by okosodo: 6:45pm On Mar 16, 2017
Forget about the messanger! Na truth him talk. The nigerian media has a way of making nigerians forget what damage this man did and they focus only on jonathan

245 Likes 18 Shares

Re: Obasanjo Is Nigeria’s Father Of Corruption, Sits On Stolen Wealth - Fayose by uchemelvin20004: 6:46pm On Mar 16, 2017
Fayose is a disgrace to Ekiti state

14 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Obasanjo Is Nigeria’s Father Of Corruption, Sits On Stolen Wealth - Fayose by BlackDBagba: 6:48pm On Mar 16, 2017
I admire this man called Fayose. His balls ... Wow!!!

176 Likes 9 Shares

Re: Obasanjo Is Nigeria’s Father Of Corruption, Sits On Stolen Wealth - Fayose by kingzizzy: 6:48pm On Mar 16, 2017

Governor Fayose, who maintained that Obasanjo’s accusing anyone of corruption was like “Oyenusi accusing Shina Rambo of armed robbery”,

Lol

I wont lie, Obasunjo ran a highly corrupt regime.

185 Likes 11 Shares

Re: Obasanjo Is Nigeria’s Father Of Corruption, Sits On Stolen Wealth - Fayose by Etogist: 6:54pm On Mar 16, 2017
Fayosa is synonymous to a real man.

81 Likes 1 Share

Re: Obasanjo Is Nigeria’s Father Of Corruption, Sits On Stolen Wealth - Fayose by shortgun(m): 6:57pm On Mar 16, 2017
The truth

25 Likes 1 Share

Re: Obasanjo Is Nigeria’s Father Of Corruption, Sits On Stolen Wealth - Fayose by fallout87: 6:58pm On Mar 16, 2017
Fayose is correct.

This is the truth. Always confused me when I hear people defend OBJ yet trash GEJ, caning him the worst.

During OBJ tenure, billions were allocated to development projects and they disappeared. He even used government resources to make his own farm.

The got is a crook the level of Abacha. Very selfish man.

The kind who would sleep with his son's wife

151 Likes 9 Shares

Re: Obasanjo Is Nigeria’s Father Of Corruption, Sits On Stolen Wealth - Fayose by mile12crises: 6:59pm On Mar 16, 2017
I support you Fayose.

67 Likes 1 Share

Re: Obasanjo Is Nigeria’s Father Of Corruption, Sits On Stolen Wealth - Fayose by MONDAYkay(m): 7:02pm On Mar 16, 2017
And you are his goddamn 'son' , right?

4 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Obasanjo Is Nigeria’s Father Of Corruption, Sits On Stolen Wealth - Fayose by ozoebuka1(m): 7:44pm On Mar 16, 2017
we know all these but tribalism wouldn't allow us call a spade a spade.

76 Likes 1 Share

Re: Obasanjo Is Nigeria’s Father Of Corruption, Sits On Stolen Wealth - Fayose by dokiOloye(m): 8:17pm On Mar 16, 2017
okosodo:
Forget about the messanger! Na truth him talk. The nigerian media has a way of making nigerians forget what damage this man did and they focus only on jonathan
Nigeria media is more dangerous than boko haram.
I remember during d Rivers state house of assembly fracas where they all had videos of Chidi Lloyd attempting to murder his colleague,yet they chose to hide that one and were instead showing us d same Lloyd in govt house clinic bed wt no plaster,no bandage,not even a drip on him and attempting to make him look like the victim.
It was only when the cell phone videos of d assembly surfaced that they decided to air d videos they all had.
Fear Lagos-Ibadan amala and ewedu press.

82 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Obasanjo Is Nigeria’s Father Of Corruption, Sits On Stolen Wealth - Fayose by eltalentino(m): 8:20pm On Mar 16, 2017
uchemelvin20004:
Fayose is a disgrace to Ekiti state
Shut the Bleep up, hypocrites. He just spoke the truth.

109 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Obasanjo Is Nigeria’s Father Of Corruption, Sits On Stolen Wealth - Fayose by greatgod2012(f): 8:23pm On Mar 16, 2017
Fayose, always speaking the truth!

But, I'm afraid if this his bluntness won't lead him into trouble soon!

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: Obasanjo Is Nigeria’s Father Of Corruption, Sits On Stolen Wealth - Fayose by Iamwrath: 9:10pm On Mar 16, 2017
This guy just took a swipe at hornets' nest and will be stung

5 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Obasanjo Is Nigeria’s Father Of Corruption, Sits On Stolen Wealth - Fayose by DonHummer(m): 9:14pm On Mar 16, 2017
Fayose I love you for this.I was barely in secondary school when Obasanjo came into power but I could still remember the level of corruption in his govt, forget that he exposed ibori and co, those cases were simply based on personal beef. I could still remember the amount of billions he claimed to spend on power, I could still remember that the set of senators that enjoyed most were those that served under Obasanjo tenure, he was the one that introduced Ghana most go lobbying during elections, what of those he crippled their businesses because of his personal vendetta, what of the huge income he made illegally from the telecoms operators " no one should state bringing GSM to naija as his own achievement cos that is laughable" the only good thing I liked about him was that he always appointed technocrats. But it's very obvious that we Nigerians forget a lot.

90 Likes 1 Share

Re: Obasanjo Is Nigeria’s Father Of Corruption, Sits On Stolen Wealth - Fayose by teemanbastos(m): 9:34pm On Mar 16, 2017
Fayose knows all politicians are thieves, he is only angry some are forming 'holy' grin grin when they haven't removed the log in their eyes

93 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Obasanjo Is Nigeria’s Father Of Corruption, Sits On Stolen Wealth - Fayose by dodelight(m): 9:46pm On Mar 16, 2017
As much as I know Fayose could be overbearing sometimes, I'll always appreciate the fact that we still have someone in this nation who can demystify our self-appointed kingmaker Obasanjo. I used to adore him (Obasanjo), not until he began to play God with this nation. And, as a matter of principle, I'll never (from my heart) respect anyone, young or old, who would never accept their errors but would rather play Holier-than-thou.

51 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Obasanjo Is Nigeria’s Father Of Corruption, Sits On Stolen Wealth - Fayose by irynterri(f): 10:00pm On Mar 16, 2017
the only thing I liked about obj was that he was a de-tribalised president which is hard to get in this part of the world aside that mehn the dude was the devil from gross corruption to ritual killings, assassinations, rigging, lack of freedom of speech,mysterious case closure like the Ikeja bomb blast e.t.c,songs like jaga jaga,jagbajantis & African China's Food no dey still stand as "relics" of his administration for those that want to know the truth

39 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Obasanjo Is Nigeria’s Father Of Corruption, Sits On Stolen Wealth - Fayose by 989900: 10:21pm On Mar 16, 2017
Fayose, who maintained that Obasanjo’s accusing anyone of corruption was like “Oyenusi accusing Shina Rambo of armed robbery”,

Mortal kombat!

24 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Obasanjo Is Nigeria’s Father Of Corruption, Sits On Stolen Wealth - Fayose by Nobody: 10:33pm On Mar 16, 2017
fayose has said it all....Obasanjo is a thief... Johnathan a bigger thief but buhari is a disgrace to the country..am not supporting pdp/APC dey are all d same....is high time we think outside d box and stop defending dis thief's..

24 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Obasanjo Is Nigeria’s Father Of Corruption, Sits On Stolen Wealth - Fayose by AngelicBeing: 10:54pm On Mar 16, 2017
True that, he is a big thief, Jonathan, Babangida, Abacha, Shonekan, Buhari, Shagari and every President that ruled Nigeria before are all big time looters, criminals, and the thunder that will fire all of them is doing press up at Zuma Rock wink

16 Likes

Re: Obasanjo Is Nigeria’s Father Of Corruption, Sits On Stolen Wealth - Fayose by Benekruku(m): 10:54pm On Mar 16, 2017

No sane man has ever replied Fayose!

He is just good at bleating at will

3 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Obasanjo Is Nigeria’s Father Of Corruption, Sits On Stolen Wealth - Fayose by Cyriloha(m): 10:54pm On Mar 16, 2017
I love it when people are bold and strong to say the bloody truth that had lead so many to graves

30 Likes 1 Share

Re: Obasanjo Is Nigeria’s Father Of Corruption, Sits On Stolen Wealth - Fayose by ammyluv2002(f): 10:54pm On Mar 16, 2017
Agreed

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Obasanjo Is Nigeria’s Father Of Corruption, Sits On Stolen Wealth - Fayose by Proffdada: 10:55pm On Mar 16, 2017
Omode yi ti mu paraga shocked

8 Likes 3 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Falana Reacts To Suspension Of Ruga Settlements, Tells Buhari What To Do / Boko Haram Kills Soldier Femi In Borno (Photos) / 2023 Presidential Elections: APC Does Not Have A Candidate See Why (videos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.