Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,276 members, 7,811,805 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 08:05 PM

#MinisterialScreening: 25 Quotes Made By Rotimi Amaechi At The Senate Today - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / #MinisterialScreening: 25 Quotes Made By Rotimi Amaechi At The Senate Today (2377 Views)

Photos Of Hameed Ali Answering Questions In The Senate Today / Rivers Rerun: What Happened Today Between Wike And Amaechi At Mile 1 Police HQ / "Diezani Alison-Madueke’s Plea For Mercy" - By Rotimi Fasan (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

#MinisterialScreening: 25 Quotes Made By Rotimi Amaechi At The Senate Today by Mztarstrechy(m): 2:30pm On Oct 22, 2015
The screening of Rotimi Amaechi today led to a brief misunderstanding in the house as Peoples Democratic Party senators, refused to question him.He was asked questions by only APC Senators.

Here are 25 quotes from Amaechi’s screening today....

1. ‘If they send a girl to you to do something for her and you sleep with the girl, you are corrupt.’

2. ‘We refined governance and repositioned leadership under my tenure as Governor

3. ‘During my administration, we started over 500 primary schools and completed over 300. It’s there on records.’

4. ‘Under my leadership as Governor of Rivers State, we redefined governance – Rotimi Amaechi.’

5. ‘I am one of the few Nigerians to serve as speaker for 8years, at a time speakers were impeached regularly.’

6. ‘Whether or not I get confirmed, this would ho down in history books that I addressed the senate.’

7. ‘Education is must not only be qualitative but accessible.’

8. ‘Amaechi says one of the Rivers Senators was his roommate, the other was his Finance Commissioner.’

9. ‘All we did in the Governors Forum was to defend the rights of Nigerians’.

10. ‘The former president (GEJ) obviously did not like my idea of an accountable government.’

11. ‘There is no where the report indicted me. I have a copy here.’

12. ‘If there is one man that doesn’t like corruption. I am that man.’

13. ‘I was born to fight for my right.’

14. ‘I find it difficult to do what people want me to do, if it clashes with my principles.’

15. ‘If the Constitution says you are a woman, when you look like a man, you are a woman.’

16. ‘If legislators want the president to assign portfolios to nominees then it should be included in the constitution.’

17. ‘I believe there are resources in the Niger-Delta, that is why there is Militancy.’

18. ‘If I become the Minister for Niger Delta, the East – West Road will be first to be completed’.

19. ‘I want to be a minister now, after that I want to be a Senator.’

20. ‘If you invest in Agriculture & invest in Technology, you will hire as many workers as you can get.’

21. ‘We must improve on the Social Rights of the people; if you have peace you’ll have investors.’

22. ‘Why people don’t invest in Nigeria is because the cost of investment is higher than the profit.’

23. ‘I have never received bribe in my life. When a girl is brought to you and you sleep with her,You are Corrupt.’

24. ‘My government built 140 hospitals, we built 22 bridges. Our govt was the first to introduce Procurement Law at State level.’

25. ‘I personally enacted the education bill in Rivers State’.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: #MinisterialScreening: 25 Quotes Made By Rotimi Amaechi At The Senate Today by benedictnsi(m): 2:32pm On Oct 22, 2015
1. ‘If they send a girl to you to do something for
her and you sleep with the girl, you are corrupt.’

Wetin be that something What if the girl na Olosho

3. ‘During my administration, we started over 500
primary schools and completed over 300. It’s
there on records.’

What happened to the 200 Money stolen abi

7. ‘Education is must not only be qualitative but
accessible.’

Some hates Western Education.

10. ‘The former president (GEJ) obviously did not
like my idea of an accountable government.’

Are you tryna say you were really accountable or you tried to outshine your master

15. ‘If the Constitution says you are a woman,
when you look like a man, you are a woman.’

Even with fundamental human rights I hope you are not encouraging DENRELE gringrin

12. ‘If there is one man that doesn’t like
corruption. I am that man.’

Yes..... Even Nigerian POLICE hates 20 naira gringrin they now take 50 or 100 naira depending on your car and loads grin

14. ‘I find it difficult to do what people want me
to do, if it clashes with my principles.’

PMB Should also get ready to be disobeyed then

19. ‘I want to be a minister now, after that I want
to be a Senator.’

So it is now personal government of Nigeria..... When will the youth become the leaders of tomorrow

BY MY OWN SCREENING, YOU SCORED 40 / 100

2 Likes

Re: #MinisterialScreening: 25 Quotes Made By Rotimi Amaechi At The Senate Today by nawti(m): 2:34pm On Oct 22, 2015
Good stuff

1 Like

Re: #MinisterialScreening: 25 Quotes Made By Rotimi Amaechi At The Senate Today by coolhumble(m): 2:37pm On Oct 22, 2015
I love the man amechi
Re: #MinisterialScreening: 25 Quotes Made By Rotimi Amaechi At The Senate Today by prettytasha(f): 2:38pm On Oct 22, 2015
Amaechi might not be 100% clean ..but he tried in rivers state ..

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: #MinisterialScreening: 25 Quotes Made By Rotimi Amaechi At The Senate Today by McCarlito(m): 2:38pm On Oct 22, 2015
Choi!!! Amaechi!!! Ur mouth sweet no be small grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: #MinisterialScreening: 25 Quotes Made By Rotimi Amaechi At The Senate Today by onoikenna: 2:47pm On Oct 22, 2015
Amaechi the lion of modern politics in Nigeria

1 Like

Re: #MinisterialScreening: 25 Quotes Made By Rotimi Amaechi At The Senate Today by ricsman(m): 2:54pm On Oct 22, 2015
ok. those are the reason the PDP do not want him to be screened.
the guy is extremely good
who notice senator Jonah John walked out after a question on 16 >19 came up?

1 Like

Re: #MinisterialScreening: 25 Quotes Made By Rotimi Amaechi At The Senate Today by CharlyNick: 3:16pm On Oct 22, 2015
someone should verify this
Re: #MinisterialScreening: 25 Quotes Made By Rotimi Amaechi At The Senate Today by Nobody: 3:23pm On Oct 22, 2015
nice
Re: #MinisterialScreening: 25 Quotes Made By Rotimi Amaechi At The Senate Today by EdCure: 3:29pm On Oct 22, 2015
prettytasha:
Amaechi might not be 100% clean ..but he tried in rivers state ..
Very well said. Amaechi is a blessing to Rivers State.
No politician is 100% clean anyway.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: #MinisterialScreening: 25 Quotes Made By Rotimi Amaechi At The Senate Today by EdCure: 3:34pm On Oct 22, 2015
ricsman:
ok. those are the reason the PDP do not want him to be screened.
the guy is extremely good
who notice senator Jonah John walked out after a question on 16 >19 came up?
Those are the characters PDP sent to the Senate to perform screenings and make laws. Even Ochendo of Abia was there.
SMH!

2 Likes

Re: #MinisterialScreening: 25 Quotes Made By Rotimi Amaechi At The Senate Today by SLIDEwaxie(m): 4:08pm On Oct 22, 2015
Pls, if u become the minister for ND, pls, dnt construct that east-west raod wey u dey think o.

Enuff of these rags in our house. Block existing ones sef.

By the way, those quotes are whack and very vapid
Re: #MinisterialScreening: 25 Quotes Made By Rotimi Amaechi At The Senate Today by ifeakayahooco(m): 4:44pm On Oct 22, 2015
De lion himself.

1 Like

Re: #MinisterialScreening: 25 Quotes Made By Rotimi Amaechi At The Senate Today by onismate: 8:02pm On Oct 22, 2015
the quotes itself is corrupt and all the 25 needs to be probed by EFCC.

(1) (Reply)

Tonye Barcanister Ndokis, Bonny Are Tight Ibo Tribes / Why Nigerians Support PMB On Kanu And Dasuki / Just In: Why Olisah Metuh Was Handcuffed To Court Today

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.