Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,841 members, 7,810,244 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 01:56 AM

(MBGN) Most Beautiful Girls In Nigeria 2015 Contestants: Why Always Igbo? - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / (MBGN) Most Beautiful Girls In Nigeria 2015 Contestants: Why Always Igbo? (6658 Views)

Ivanka Trump Gushes About Meeting Chibok Girls In The US (Photos) / Ezekwesili Digs APC's Tweet About Chibok Girls In 2014 / Ten Most Powerful People In Nigeria 2015 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: (MBGN) Most Beautiful Girls In Nigeria 2015 Contestants: Why Always Igbo? by hinwazaka: 4:42pm On Oct 22, 2015
basilo101:

Lets hear the equivalents of Chimamanda or Linda Ikeji from other part of the country plz.
Even the late Chinua Achebe's daughter is slowly making a name for herself, in the world of Literature. Fine, yoloba no fine, book, they no know, nothing good dey Sabi, mtchewww.

3 Likes

Re: (MBGN) Most Beautiful Girls In Nigeria 2015 Contestants: Why Always Igbo? by hinwazaka: 4:42pm On Oct 22, 2015
basilo101:

Lets hear the equivalents of Chimamanda or Linda Ikeji from other part of the country plz.
Even the late Chinua Achebe's daughter is slowly making a name for herself, in the world of Literature. Fine, yoloba no fine, book, they no know, nothing good dey Sabi do, mtchewww.

1 Like

Re: (MBGN) Most Beautiful Girls In Nigeria 2015 Contestants: Why Always Igbo? by hinwazaka: 4:51pm On Oct 22, 2015
madridguy:
Why the insult ? I will reserve my comment and please don't mention me again.

When you were caned by tutors in elementary and high school, did you ever ask them the reason for your reprimanding, if so what was their reply.

2 Likes

Re: (MBGN) Most Beautiful Girls In Nigeria 2015 Contestants: Why Always Igbo? by kilokeys(m): 5:10pm On Oct 22, 2015
Macelliot:

stop hating! I think the Igbos are indeed blessed...
For ur info.. I am ibo too... I am nt a tribalist.
U r trying to incite hate here..
Re: (MBGN) Most Beautiful Girls In Nigeria 2015 Contestants: Why Always Igbo? by haywhy911(m): 5:21pm On Oct 22, 2015
basilo101:

Bro,i stand to be corrected but i don't think the ladies u mentioned are as globally recognized as Omotola Jalade. That's a fact. That being said,there is a fair share of intelligent and stylish ladies across the ethnic groups in Nigeria. Stay safe bro!
Re: (MBGN) Most Beautiful Girls In Nigeria 2015 Contestants: Why Always Igbo? by Trut(m): 5:30pm On Oct 22, 2015
kilokeys:
For ur info.. I am ibo too... I am nt a tribalist. U r trying to incite hate here..
Wannabe you're ibo but not Igbo grin
Re: (MBGN) Most Beautiful Girls In Nigeria 2015 Contestants: Why Always Igbo? by SLIDEwaxie(m): 6:07pm On Oct 22, 2015
basilo101:

the richest black woman in the world!

Folrunsho alakija...

Oya, combine all your girls together

1 Like

Re: (MBGN) Most Beautiful Girls In Nigeria 2015 Contestants: Why Always Igbo? by dhoryn(f): 6:38pm On Oct 22, 2015
Macelliot:

They aren't worth it...

Igbos girls are the most educated in Nigeria according to 2015 statistics...

Issorait
Re: (MBGN) Most Beautiful Girls In Nigeria 2015 Contestants: Why Always Igbo? by Mekus68: 6:48pm On Oct 22, 2015
[quote author=Macelliot post=39244308]I should have created this thread in 2014, but due to some certain circumstances best known to me, I skipped it..
The question is, Why do Igbos always dominate about two-third of the Most beautiful girls in Nigeria contestants? (MBGN).

2014 was the same,
2013 also the same,
2012 was also the same thing. Infact, since time immemorial.
Same thing also applies to Miss Aso-rock, Miss tourism, Miss Nigeria e.t.c.

Take a look..
MBGN 2015 Contestants

https://www.nairaland.com/2683055/photos-mbgn-2015-contestants-released

Out of 36 states and FCT, Igbo girls are representing a whopping 24 states.

1) Yobe,
2) Zamfara,
3) Sokoto,
4) Osun,
5) Ondo,
6) Niger,
7) Nassarawa,
cool Kwara,
9) Kogi,
10) Abia,
11) Imo,
12) Kebbi,
13) Enugu,
14) Katsina,
15) Kano,
16) Kaduna,
17) Anambra,
18) Gombe,
19) Ekiti,
20) Ebonyi,
21) Benue,
22) Bauchi,
23) Adamawa and
24) Abuja.

Are there no beautiful daughters of the soil from these states?
Why do all states prefer Igbos?

Igbos are indeed blessed?

Because almajiri girls n ndi ofe mmanu girls have nothing to offer. They are in ltaly doing what tey know how to do best

Re: (MBGN) Most Beautiful Girls In Nigeria 2015 Contestants: Why Always Igbo? by Nobody: 7:04pm On Oct 22, 2015
Macelliot:
I should have created this thread in 2014, but due to some certain circumstances best known to me, I skipped it..
The question is, Why do Igbos always dominate about two-third of the Most beautiful girls in Nigeria contestants? (MBGN).

2014 was the same,
2013 also the same,

Take a look..
MBGN 2015 Contestants

1) Yobe,
2) Zamfara,
3) Sokoto,
4) Osun,
5) Ondo,
6) Niger,
7) Nassarawa,
cool Kwara,
9) Kogi,
10) Abia,
11) Imo,
12) Kebbi,
13) Enugu,
14) Katsina,
15) Kano,
16) Kaduna,
17) Anambra,
18) Gombe,
19) Ekiti,
20) Ebonyi,
21) Benue,
22) Bauchi,
23) Adamawa and
24) Abuja.

Cc: Lalasticlala

And don't be surprise when this trend changes by 2016. You guys ehen! undecided
Re: (MBGN) Most Beautiful Girls In Nigeria 2015 Contestants: Why Always Igbo? by Nobody: 7:32pm On Oct 22, 2015
you mean igbo women with high grade prostitution for Yoruba males in d southwest? being in South west as made them roaches and dirty. u nid to come to d west and see things 4 urself@op. All iborilla women are worthless in d west.They have over populate d west and they need yoruba husband grin

Whats gud if u have beautiful women in South west only for yoruba Men to be fuvking them punny.
i've personally Bleep igbo women even d ones older than me, i swear they dont mean anything 2 me.
Re: (MBGN) Most Beautiful Girls In Nigeria 2015 Contestants: Why Always Igbo? by Nobody: 7:33pm On Oct 22, 2015
flawless victory...............
ArodeTsolaye:
you wan make body odour from collection of OdOURDUWA girls kill person?
Re: (MBGN) Most Beautiful Girls In Nigeria 2015 Contestants: Why Always Igbo? by Jakumo(m): 7:34pm On Oct 22, 2015
The level of historical inter-breeding that occurred between early European traders and indigenous Africans was far higher along the coast of West Africa, than it ever was deeper into the hinterland comprising the Dark Continent of yore. The result of those illicit but rampant liaisons between white men and African women is evidenced even hundreds of years down the road, in the statistically larger percentages of lighter complexioned people of Igbo and Calabar descent, when compared with the skin hue of other tribes making up the present day federation of Nigeria.

Now, given the inescapable fact that virtually ALL cultures on planet Earth tend to regard lighter complexioned women as being inherently more attractive than those blessed with skins of darker hues, it stands to reason that when modern day beauty contests are held in Africa, the subconscious societal predisposition to regard lighter skinned women as more beautiful than darker skinned ones DOES affect the decisions turned in by the assembled judges, no matter how many platitudes are aired celebrating that time-worn "Black is Beautiful" mantra.

From the black "hoods" and ghettos of inner city USA, to the favelas of Rio in Brazil, to the teeming tropical concrete jungle called Lagos Nigeria, the captive market for that range of insidious and often toxic skin bleaches, know euphemistically as "lighteners", "blemish removers" or "toners", has ballooned into a multi-BILLION dollar GLOBAL enterprise that preys on the desperation of genetically black women to adopt any means available that promises to corrode away the dark pigmentation in their skin with chemical warfare, all in an ultimately FUTILE bid to look more "white", and therefore more beautiful to the ignorant majority. The number of women who have sickened and succumbed to the effects of skin bleaches will likely remain an under-reported figure of speculation.

Without question, some of the most breathtakingly exotic and beautiful women whose ancestral roots trace to Nigeria ARE of Igbo or Calabar descent, but from the standpoint of beauty contest organizers and judges, ONLY those Nigerian women that are of naturally lighter skin tone ever gain entry into such contests in the first place, thus, since such lighter skinned women are indeed more prevalent in Nigeria's south east, it only stands to reason that Igbo and Calabar women will feature in disproportionately large numbers as beauty contestant finalists, when compared to women from other parts of the same country.

That'll be ten dollars for the free dissertation.

1 Like

Re: (MBGN) Most Beautiful Girls In Nigeria 2015 Contestants: Why Always Igbo? by Nobody: 7:36pm On Oct 22, 2015
hinwazaka:

Even the late Chinua Achebe's daughter is slowly making a name for herself, in the world of Literature. Fine, yoloba no fine, book, they no know, nothing good dey Sabi, mtchewww.
u r a big fool, all d igbo people u mentioned r they in Biafraudland? why not mention d igbos in South East to chestbeat other than igbo borned and raised in foreign yorubaland/South west soil with yoruba and igbo traditions. d few igbos that are making it in Nigeria passed through the south west fool.

Yoruba people made you. believe me
Re: (MBGN) Most Beautiful Girls In Nigeria 2015 Contestants: Why Always Igbo? by Nobody: 7:39pm On Oct 22, 2015
basilo101:

add Genevieve and stephanie okereke as well biko................... IGBO AMAKA

2 Likes

Re: (MBGN) Most Beautiful Girls In Nigeria 2015 Contestants: Why Always Igbo? by ItsMeAboki(m): 7:40pm On Oct 22, 2015
Macelliot:
I should have created this thread in 2014, but due to some certain circumstances best known to me, I skipped it..

2014 was the same,
2013 also the same,

Take a look..
MBGN 2015 Contestants

1) Yobe,
2) Zamfara,
3) Sokoto,
4) Osun,
5) Ondo,
6) Niger,
7) Nassarawa,
cool Kwara,
9) Kogi,
10) Abia,
11) Imo,
12) Kebbi,
13) Enugu,
14) Katsina,
15) Kano,
16) Kaduna,
17) Anambra,
18) Gombe,
19) Ekiti,
20) Ebonyi,
21) Benue,
22) Bauchi,
23) Adamawa and
24) Abuja.

The is one qualification requirement which mainly Igbo girls seem to have; Kanu, the Director of Radio Biafra has already said it; 99.9% of them are Prostitutes - biko, what other explanation do you need?
Re: (MBGN) Most Beautiful Girls In Nigeria 2015 Contestants: Why Always Igbo? by Tomoarika(m): 7:47pm On Oct 22, 2015
A. They are the most beautiful B. Them no get work C. All of the above D. None of the above
Re: (MBGN) Most Beautiful Girls In Nigeria 2015 Contestants: Why Always Igbo? by Nobody: 7:49pm On Oct 22, 2015
iamkeyz:

add Genevieve and stephanie okereke as well biko................... IGBO AMAKA
They are still ibo women living in d south west mention d ones in d South east bro. i'm waiting.
Re: (MBGN) Most Beautiful Girls In Nigeria 2015 Contestants: Why Always Igbo? by Psylas(m): 7:51pm On Oct 22, 2015
Macelliot:

2014 was the same,
2013 also the same,

Take a look..
MBGN 2015 Contestants

1) Yobe,
2) Zamfara,
3) Sokoto,
4) Osun,
5) Ondo,
6) Niger,
7) Nassarawa,
cool Kwara,
9) Kogi,
10) Abia,
11) Imo,
12) Kebbi,
13) Enugu,
14) Katsina,
15) Kano,
16) Kaduna,
17) Anambra,
18) Gombe,
19) Ekiti,
20) Ebonyi,
21) Benue,
22) Bauchi,
23) Adamawa and
24) Abuja.

Re: (MBGN) Most Beautiful Girls In Nigeria 2015 Contestants: Why Always Igbo? by McKren(m): 7:52pm On Oct 22, 2015
For cultural reasons Muslims will not take part in these things

But make no mistake Fulani girls are also very beautiful
Re: (MBGN) Most Beautiful Girls In Nigeria 2015 Contestants: Why Always Igbo? by mikolo80: 7:53pm On Oct 22, 2015
looking for plenty moni
with little work
sorry but thats the truth
other tribes believe in getting office jobs and not being seen as bimbos and prostitutes
so the finest girls don't compete
i know it sounds tribal but...
Re: (MBGN) Most Beautiful Girls In Nigeria 2015 Contestants: Why Always Igbo? by ArodeTsolaye: 7:54pm On Oct 22, 2015
Jakumo:
[s]The level of historical inter-breeding that occurred between early European traders and indigenous Africans was far higher along the coast of West Africa, than it ever was deeper into the hinterland comprising the Dark Continent of yore. The result of those illicit but rampant liaisons between white men and African women is evidenced even hundreds of years down the road, in the statistically larger percentages of lighter complectioned people of Igbo and Calabar descent, when compared with the skin hue of other tribes making up the present day federation of Nigeria.

Now, given the inescapable fact that virtually ALL cultures on planet Earth tend to regard lighter complexioned women as being inherently more attractive than those blessed with skins of darker hues, it stands to reason that when modern day beauty contests are held in Africa, the subconscious societal predisposition to regard lighter skinned women as more beautiful than darker skinned ones DOES affect the decisions turned in by the assembled judges, no matter how many platitudes are aired celebrating that time-worn "Black is Beautiful" mantra.

From the black "hoods" and ghettos of inner city USA, to the favelas of Rio in Brazil, to the teeming tropical concrete jungle called Lagos Nigeria, the captive market for that range of insidious and often toxic skin bleaches, know euphemistically as "lighteners", "blemish removers" or "toners", has ballooned into a multi-BILLION dollar GLOBAL enterprise that preys on the desperation of genetically black women adopt any means available to corrode the dark pigmentation in their skin with chemical warfare, all in an ultimately FUTILE bid to look more "white", and therefore more beautiful to the ignorant majority. The number of women who have sickened and succumbed to the effects of skin bleaches will likely remain an under-reported figure of speculation.

Without question, some of the most breathtakingly exotic and beautiful women whose ancestral roots trace to Nigeria ARE of Igbo or Calabar descent, but from the standpoint of beauty contest organizers and judges, ONLY those Nigerian women that are of naturally lighter skin tone ever gain entry into such contests in the first place, thus, since such lighter skinned women are indeed more prevalent in Nigeria's south east, it only stands to reason that Igbo and Calabar women will feature in disproportionately large numbers as beauty contestant finalists, when compared to women from other parts of the same country.

That'll be ten dollars for the free dissertation.[/s]

Pure trash!
Are yorubas not also close to the atlantic? Didn't they also trade with european merchants? Didn't white merchants sleep with their women in badagry and other parts of their coasts? If we go by your logic yorubas should have more light skinned people since they claim to have met the whites first.
The light skin gene in Igbo and calabar is a native African gene.
Re: (MBGN) Most Beautiful Girls In Nigeria 2015 Contestants: Why Always Igbo? by ArodeTsolaye: 7:57pm On Oct 22, 2015
Onijagidijagan:

u r a big fool, all d igbo people u mentioned r they in Biafraudland? why not mention d igbos in South East to chestbeat other than igbo borned and raised in foreign yorubaland/South west soil with yoruba and igbo traditions. d few igbos that are making it in Nigeria passed through the south west fool.

Yoruba people made you. believe me

yorrobers made them, but couldn't make themselves. Never knew yorrobers are that charitable.
Re: (MBGN) Most Beautiful Girls In Nigeria 2015 Contestants: Why Always Igbo? by Jakumo(m): 8:04pm On Oct 22, 2015
ArodeTsolaye:

The light skin gene in Igbo and calabar is a native African gene.

There is an element of truth to your take on this subject, but it does not negate any of the historical perspective I outlined above.
Re: (MBGN) Most Beautiful Girls In Nigeria 2015 Contestants: Why Always Igbo? by Abagworo(m): 8:05pm On Oct 22, 2015
madridguy:
@ OP why this topic ? to support the Igbo or to against them ? I am not against your observation but I am afraid this topic can cause havoc.

I rep Yoruba anyday anytime but I believe in ONE NIGERIA. MBGN is free for anyone so I don't think otherwise and I hope this wont make my brothers in BAUCHI to start threatening AMARACHI for benching their FATIMOH.

PEACE.

When federal character is fully represented these same boastful Igbos will cry foul. Imagine if it was the other way round with Northerners representing Southeast what Nnamdi Kanu would have said. Nakwanu echeckio.
Re: (MBGN) Most Beautiful Girls In Nigeria 2015 Contestants: Why Always Igbo? by InyinyaAgbaOku(m): 9:21pm On Oct 22, 2015
Abagworo:

When federal character is fully represented these same boastful Igbos will cry foul. Imagine if it was the other way round with Northerners representing Southeast what Nnamdi Kanu would have said. Nakwanu echeckio.
This one is not government influenced nah. It's by choice, nobody unleashed Igbo models on those states . Compare likes for likes
Re: (MBGN) Most Beautiful Girls In Nigeria 2015 Contestants: Why Always Igbo? by zeestunner(m): 9:40pm On Oct 22, 2015
Make una just thank God say hausa/fulani and those muslim girls no de do peagent una eye for clear. If u see shuwa arab girls frm kano/borno or those adamawa fulani girls lols no offence no ibo girl for near that crown for decades. Make una thank religion wey stop them. For now sha una fit make mouth for the rest tribes lols

1 Like

Re: (MBGN) Most Beautiful Girls In Nigeria 2015 Contestants: Why Always Igbo? by agadez007(m): 9:52pm On Oct 22, 2015
Abagworo:

I have this feeling you are rochas okoroawusa
Both of you reason the same way,casting Ndigbo to make your Hausa/fulani and yoruba master's proud
no wonder you defend the thwart called roaches
i see nothing wrong in what the Op poster,onye Furu ifeoma kwue ya,Abeg,afterall the yorubas say igbo gals have beards and yam legs
this thread proves em wrong

1 Like

Re: (MBGN) Most Beautiful Girls In Nigeria 2015 Contestants: Why Always Igbo? by Nobody: 10:12pm On Oct 22, 2015
Coolabbie:
The only girl to ever win the crown that mattered was Agbani Darego from Rivers, the only Miss World from Nigeria till date.
And you dont see Riverians opening countless threads to boast

Fool...Rivers and SE share the same DNA. They are one people. Same goes with Flavours' girlfriend. The fact remains that most SS minus Edo share great resemblance with SE.
Re: (MBGN) Most Beautiful Girls In Nigeria 2015 Contestants: Why Always Igbo? by Coolabbie: 10:16pm On Oct 22, 2015
new2020:

Fool...Rivers and SE share the same DNA. They are one people. Same goes with Flavours' girlfriend. The fact remains that most SS minus Edo share great resemblance with SE.
You this ashy faced bastàrd!
Save ur lessons 4 ur Biafra masters.
Stupido
Re: (MBGN) Most Beautiful Girls In Nigeria 2015 Contestants: Why Always Igbo? by Nobody: 10:22pm On Oct 22, 2015
Coolabbie:
You this ashy faced bastàrd!
Save ur lessons 4 ur Biafra masters.
Stupido

This congenital yoruba coward parading as a woman.
Re: (MBGN) Most Beautiful Girls In Nigeria 2015 Contestants: Why Always Igbo? by Nobody: 10:28pm On Oct 22, 2015
hahn:
What's the fuss, op? Last time I checked, all the contestants were Nigerians. Shouldn't that be enough? undecided
For ur mind na, they are Biafrans jor the only direct children of God in africa.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Mile 12 Saga: Hilarious But True (photo) / I'm Right Now In Osun...Are There Any Decent Hotels Here? My Goodness! / Breaking! Kano In Stand Still As Citizens Denied Kwankwaso To See Sowore (photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.