Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,789 members, 7,831,549 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 08:47 PM

FLASHBACK- I’ll Not Appoint Corrupt Persons In My Govt, Says Buhari - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / FLASHBACK- I’ll Not Appoint Corrupt Persons In My Govt, Says Buhari (636 Views)

Nigeria Yet To Prosecute High-profile Corrupt Persons – Obasanjo / My Govt Inherited Nothing From Obasanjo, Yar’adua, Jonathan – Buhari / Why Buhari Should NOT Appoint Falana As Minister of Justice (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

FLASHBACK- I’ll Not Appoint Corrupt Persons In My Govt, Says Buhari by erunz(m): 5:48pm On Oct 22, 2015
General Muhammadu Buhari, the All Progressives Congress (APC) presidential candidate has stated that corrupt persons will not be appointed into his government.
Buhari said this he addressed Chatham House, London today. The former head of state promised that Nigeria will be restored to its old glory.

“In the face of dwindling revenues, a good place to start the repositioning of Nigeria’s economy is to swiftly tackle two ills that have ballooned under the present administration: waste and corruption. And in doing this, I will, if elected, lead the way, with the force of personal example,” he said.

Noting that: “on corruption, there will be no confusion as to where I stand. Corruption will have no place and the corrupt will not be appointed into my administration. First and foremost, we will plug the holes in the budgetary process. Revenue producing entities such as NNPC and Customs and Excise will have one set of books only. Their revenues will be publicly disclosed and regularly audited. The institutions of state dedicated to fighting corruption will be given independence and prosecutorial authority without political interference.
“But I must emphasise that any war waged on corruption should not be misconstrued as settling old scores or a witch-hunt. I’m running for President to lead Nigeria to prosperity and not adversity.

“In reforming the economy, we will use savings that arise from blocking these leakages and the proceeds recovered from corruption to fund our party’s social investments programmes in education, health, and safety nets such as free school meals for children, emergency public works for unemployed youth and pensions for the elderly.

“As a progressive party, we must reform our political economy to unleash the pent-up ingenuity and productivity of the Nigerian people thus freeing them from the curse of poverty. We will run a private sector-led economy but maintain an active role for government through strong regulatory oversight and deliberate interventions and incentives to diversify the base of our economy, strengthen productive sectors, improve the productive capacities of our people and create jobs for our teeming youths.

“In short, we will run a functional economy driven by a worldview that sees growth not as an end by itself, but as a tool to create a society that works for all, rich and poor alike. On March 28, Nigeria has a decision to make. To vote for the continuity of failure or to elect progressive change. I believe the people will choose wisely,” he stated.

http://www.metronaija.com/2015/02/ill-not-appoint-corrupt-persons-in-my.html
Re: FLASHBACK- I’ll Not Appoint Corrupt Persons In My Govt, Says Buhari by respect80(m): 6:11pm On Oct 22, 2015
Lying is not kworuption undecided
Re: FLASHBACK- I’ll Not Appoint Corrupt Persons In My Govt, Says Buhari by HARDDON: 6:11pm On Oct 22, 2015
BIG BIG TALK

fast forward :
Amaechi has just been screened as well as other notable crooks!

all kwaruption fight from now hence forth is a mere jingle and witch hunt

gworo chewing nomad
Re: FLASHBACK- I’ll Not Appoint Corrupt Persons In My Govt, Says Buhari by mandhi(m): 6:26pm On Oct 22, 2015
Has he employed any?
GOD Bless Nigeria and everyplace else
Re: FLASHBACK- I’ll Not Appoint Corrupt Persons In My Govt, Says Buhari by LouisVanGaal(m): 6:39pm On Oct 22, 2015
Op you have NO basis to blame PMB...he 'stylishly' nominated them to be 'embarrassed' by the senate; but the senate themselves couldn't finish the job! Abi was it Buhari that screened them ?? Blame the senate!
If PMB mainly passed the bulk to senate and they buckled up; cos the nominees were tough for them...in the case of fashola, fayemi and Amaechi...if PMB hadn't nominated them, you would be the first to call him 'use and dump'

1 Like

Re: FLASHBACK- I’ll Not Appoint Corrupt Persons In My Govt, Says Buhari by femtoj2: 7:08pm On Oct 22, 2015
LouisVanGaal:
Op you have NO basis to blame PMB...he 'stylishly' nominated them to be 'embarrassed' by the senate; but the senate themselves couldn't finish the job! Abi was it Buhari that screened them ?? Blame the senate!
If PMB mainly passed the bulk to senate and they buckled up; cos the nominees were tough for them...in the case of fashola, fayemi and Amaechi...if PMB hadn't nominated them, you would be the first to call him 'use and dump'

Bros I shared your views.

Better still, PMB made it clear from the day one at Taslim Balogun, stadium in Lagos when he won the APC primaries for 2015 election that He would uphold the rule of law[/b][i][/i].

No single person in his government has been convicted in the Court of law as we speak.

And the last time I checked, PMB is now a democratically elected president of Federal Republic of Nigeria. He governs by constitution and not by Decree.

[b]No accused person(s) is guilty until he or she has been proved to be in the court of law.
[color=#000099][/color]

PMB is guided by the rule of law and until our judiciary do the needful then we are all in for a movie with no ends....... even PMB will be is helpless......
Re: FLASHBACK- I’ll Not Appoint Corrupt Persons In My Govt, Says Buhari by LouisVanGaal(m): 9:35pm On Oct 22, 2015
femtoj2:

Bros I shared your views.

Better still, PMB made it clear from the day one at Taslim Balogun, stadium in Lagos when he won the APC primaries for 2015 election that He would uphold the rule of law[/b][i][/i].

No single person in his government has been convicted in the Court of law as we speak.

And the last time I checked, PMB is now a democratically elected president of Federal Republic of Nigeria. He governs by constitution and not by Decree.

[b]No accused person(s) is guilty until he or she has been proved to be in the court of law.
[color=#000099][/color]

PMB is guided by the rule of law and until our judiciary do the needful then we are all in for a movie with no ends....... even PMB will be is helpless......
God bless you...we abuse democracy as a form of govt a lot! Believe you me, corruption and impunity is really fighting back and this time, real hard! What we REALLY need is a sincere military take over; an individual who is fearless and that can abolish the constitution for a while..purge the system of corrupt officials...and hand over to a sincere civilian! We keep complaining abt building a strong system as the solution...and I have always asked, is it not individuals that make up the system?? If they are of lesser integrity and morally bankrupt, no matter how strong the foundation is, it would collapse!

(1) (Reply)

Wike Is Planning To Run Away - Rivers APC / People Of The South-south Region Should Learn From Kwakwanso And Shehu Sani / Foreign Investment Drops By 15% Amid Buhari’s Uncertain Economic Direction

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.