Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,951 members, 7,810,632 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 12:25 PM

Amosun Commissions 70th Mega Company In Ogun - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Amosun Commissions 70th Mega Company In Ogun (4230 Views)

PHOTOS: Gov. Amosun Commissions MITROS Residence And Gardens / Amosun Commissions $100m Factory(photos) / Amosun Commissions Ota Palm Store, The Biggest Palms Store In Nigeria (Pics) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Amosun Commissions 70th Mega Company In Ogun by Cool83(m): 5:54pm On Oct 22, 2015
AMOSUN COMMISSIONS 70th MEGA COMPANY IN OGUN Ogun State Governor, Senator Ibikunle Amosun has commissioned the 70th mega company to berth in the State in less than five years of his administration with a firm charge on industrialists to avoid environmental pollution that could have negative impact on their host communities. Governor Amosun while commissioning the multi- billion naira Coleman Wires and Cables located at Arepo,along Lagos-Ibadan Expressway,desc ribed the electrical products factory as a private sector way of identifying with Federal Government power reform. He said that the industrialisation drive of the present administration has continued to yield positive result since inception in 2011,assuring that Government would continue to strengthen the state's capacity by creating conducive environment for business to thrive. The Governor assured that adequate security would remain a top priority of the State Government, noting that business and industrial activities could only thrive under a peaceful atmosphere.. While charging management of all industries operating in the State not to take the issue of safety and waste management for granted,Amosun affirmed that Ogun State Environmental Protection Agency (OGEPA) would readily collaborate with them to forestall environmental hazards. "Our industrialisation drive has continued to yield result. This is the 70th mega company we will be commissioning since the inception of our administration in 2011. We will continue to strengthen the state's capacity by improving political awareness and providing enabling ambiance for business to thrive. Our industrialists should be abreast of the impact any form of pollution will have on their host community. We will collaborate with you to avoid environmental hazards, "He stated. The State's helmsman also called on companies not to see community social responsibility as a talk show but a reality, advising them to complement Government effort on provision of infrastructural facilities through prompt payment of taxes. He called on traditional rulers and elder statesmen from the State to encourage wealthy indigenes of Ogun to invest in their roots, noting that the present administration has simplified ways of doing business. Speaking earlier, Chairman,Coleman Wires and Cables,Asiwaju Solomon Onafowokan,advised the Federal Government to diversify the economy in order to get the teeming youth gainfully employed. The official commissioning had in attendance the Deputy Governor,Chief (Mrs) Yetunde Onanuga,Akarigbo and Paramount ruler of Remoland, Oba Michael Adeniyi Sonariwo,Alake and Paramount ruler of Egbaland,Oba Adedotun Aremu Gbadebo,among others.

4 Likes

Re: Amosun Commissions 70th Mega Company In Ogun by OduaVanguard: 6:01pm On Oct 22, 2015
Remarkable is an understatement. 70 industries/manufacturing firms in 5-years is like an average of at least 1 firm setting up shop in Ogun every month for 5-years straight! Oleku. cheesy

6 Likes

Re: Amosun Commissions 70th Mega Company In Ogun by FFKfuckedBIANCA: 6:37pm On Oct 22, 2015
Cc: Scholes0 Aareonakakanfo OkutaNla Superstar1

5 Likes

Re: Amosun Commissions 70th Mega Company In Ogun by OkutaNla: 6:59pm On Oct 22, 2015
I'm highly impressed and not surprised. While some are creating an atmosphere of uncertainty and and insecurity in their enclave and consequently scaring away potential investors, the SW is forging ahead and industrializing at an unprecedented pace. I foresee Oyo and other SW states also accelerating their FDI drive to shore-up their revenue base. Oyo in particular is already aggressively positioning itself to get a bigger slice of the industrialization drive in the region.

10 Likes

Re: Amosun Commissions 70th Mega Company In Ogun by Nobody: 7:04pm On Oct 22, 2015
No surprises at all,I foresee Ogun state toppling Lagos in the next ten years.The only problem i have with Ogun is crime.Oyo state looks promising,Ondo state has the potentials too due to the resources.My only fear is Ekiti and maybe Osun.Osun use to be at the top of my list of the most promising but Aregbe messed up every good thing he did in his first term with the salary issue

9 Likes

Re: Amosun Commissions 70th Mega Company In Ogun by nedu666: 7:06pm On Oct 22, 2015
CAN SOMEONE LIST THE NAMES OF THESE INDUSTRIES OR SOMEONE IS TELLING LIES.
Re: Amosun Commissions 70th Mega Company In Ogun by OkutaNla: 7:09pm On Oct 22, 2015
nedu666:
CAN SOMEONE LIST THE NAMES OF THESE INDUSTRIES OR SOMEONE IS TELLING LIES.

They say "seeing is believing". cheesy
https://www.nairaland.com/2322312/ogun-state-nigerias-emerging-industrial

6 Likes

Re: Amosun Commissions 70th Mega Company In Ogun by nedu666: 7:17pm On Oct 22, 2015
OkutaNla:

They say "seeing is believing". cheesy
https://www.nairaland.com/2322312/ogun-state-nigerias-emerging-industrial

HONDA, NGC, NB, OBSANJO FARMS, INTER DISTILL, MAY AND BAKER, FIDSON, UNILEVER, KLIN, NESTLE, SBEECHAM, DURUYCHEMS DID NOT START IN THE LAST FIVE YEARS. I KNOW AGBARA INSIDE OUT. THE GOV IS LYING. P&G AND LAFARGE STARTED CONSTRUCTION UNDER GBENGA DANIELS. HE ONLY COMMISIONED IT. THE REST HAVE BEEN EXISTING BEFORE HE BECAME GOV.
Re: Amosun Commissions 70th Mega Company In Ogun by basilo101: 7:21pm On Oct 22, 2015
mega company owed by who?
Re: Amosun Commissions 70th Mega Company In Ogun by Nobody: 7:25pm On Oct 22, 2015
Op abeg post the link
Re: Amosun Commissions 70th Mega Company In Ogun by OkutaNla: 7:27pm On Oct 22, 2015
nedu666:

HONDA, NGC, NB, OBSANJO FARMS, INTER DISTILL, MAY AND BAKER, FIDSON, UNILEVER, KLIN, NESTLE, SBEECHAM, DURUYCHEMS DID NOT START IN THE LAST FIVE YEARS. I KNOW AGBARA INSIDE OUT. THE GOV IS LYING. P&G AND LAFARGE STARTED CONSTRUCTION UNDER GBENGA DANIELS. HE ONLY COMMISIONED IT. THE REST HAVE BEEN EXISTING BEFORE HE BECAME GOV.

Guy, calm down lest you burst a nerve. Am sure the pix you saw on that thread are giving you migraines which prompted your preference for caps cheesy. But you shoulda been patient enough to view it in its entirety so that your brain can explode out of your head.

Amosun has been governor for just a little over 4-years so that means that his statement/the report actually acknowledged that at least a few of the 70 firms that are now domiciled in the state since the past 5-years predated his administration. But I guess you were too pained to glean that from his statement.

In any case, whether Amosun commissioned a project started by Daniel isn't really important here. Ogun is moving forward, and that is all that counts. Now choke on that. cheesy

6 Likes

Re: Amosun Commissions 70th Mega Company In Ogun by alaoeri: 7:34pm On Oct 22, 2015
Aareonakakanfo:
No surprises at all,I foresee Ogun state toppling Lagos in the next ten years.The only problem i have with Ogun is crime.Oyo state looks promising,Ondo state has the potentials too due to the resources.My only fear is Ekiti and maybe Osun.Osun use to be at the top of my list of the most promising but Aregbe messed up every good thing he did in his first term with the salary issue
Not only the salary issue, Aregbe 2nd term is a disaster so far, all his projects has been abandoned, no commissioners up till now, running the state like a sole administrator, baba Kabiru is fvcking up.

1 Like

Re: Amosun Commissions 70th Mega Company In Ogun by segend(m): 7:34pm On Oct 22, 2015
Aareonakakanfo:

This is exactly my position too. if SW should secede today, am confident of ogun, lagos, oyo and ondo. Ekiti and osun are also my fears. Aregbe will make it difficult for APC to win next election in the state

6 Likes

Re: Amosun Commissions 70th Mega Company In Ogun by Arch1: 7:41pm On Oct 22, 2015
Ogun remains one of the most industralised state in Nigeria. The state also has the highest number of universities in the country. I am very sure that more industries would be commissioned before the end of the year.

4 Likes

Re: Amosun Commissions 70th Mega Company In Ogun by Nobody: 7:43pm On Oct 22, 2015
alaoeri:

Not only the salary issue, Aregbe 2nd term is a disaster so far, all his projects has been abandoned, no commissioners up till now, running the state like a sole administrator, baba Kabiru is fvcking up.

grin grin cheesy For me his biggest problem was the fact that he was over-ambitious.He embarked on too many projects in his first term.Osun state doesn't have the wealth to carry on with those projects

segend:

This is exactly my position too. if SW should secede today, am confident of ogun, lagos, oyo and ondo. Ekiti and osun are also my fears. Aregbe will make it difficult for APC to win next election in the state

APC will most likely still retain osun state.Its not like PDP has anything to bring to the table.Osun people love him i tell you.The whole salary issue might be a blemish but those who love him are fanatical and they are in the majority

2 Likes

Re: Amosun Commissions 70th Mega Company In Ogun by OkutaNla: 7:49pm On Oct 22, 2015
Aareonakakanfo:

grin grin cheesy For me his biggest problem was the fact that he was over-ambitious.He embarked on too many projects in his first term.Osun state doesn't have the wealth to carry on with those projects

APC will most likely still retain osun state.Its not like PDP has anything to bring to the table.Osun people love him i tell you.The whole salary issue might be a blemish but those who love him are fanatical and they are in the majority

I also think APC will still manage to retain the state in spite of Aregbe's profligacy. Ife axis especially will continue to remain a PDP stronghold thanks to the Omisore factor but that may not be enough to dislodge the APC.
Re: Amosun Commissions 70th Mega Company In Ogun by nedu666: 7:53pm On Oct 22, 2015
OkutaNla:

Guy, calm down lest you burst a nerve. Am sure the pix you saw on that thread are giving you migraines which prompted your preference for caps cheesy. But you should been patient enough to view it in its entirety so that your brain can explode out of your head.

Amosun has been governor for just a little over 4-years so that means that his statement/the report actually acknowledged that at least a few of the 70 firms that are now domiciled in the state since the past 5-years predated his administration. But I guess you were too pained to glean that from his statement.

In any case, whether Amosun commissioned a project started by Daniel isn't really important here. Ogun is moving forward, and that is all that counts. Now choke on that. cheesy

rubbish another osun in the making. I know ur type. u are those be paid 5000. come let me employ u.
Re: Amosun Commissions 70th Mega Company In Ogun by Nobody: 7:55pm On Oct 22, 2015
OkutaNla:

I also think APC will still manage to retain the state in spite of Aregbe's profligacy. Ife axis especially will continue to remain a PDP stronghold thanks to the Omisore factor but that may not be enough to dislodge the APC.

√√√√√√√

1 Like

Re: Amosun Commissions 70th Mega Company In Ogun by wytecat: 7:56pm On Oct 22, 2015
I'm sure Ekiti and Osun have what it takes too, and will not be left behind, other SW states especially Lagos must lift others up.
segend:

4 Likes

Re: Amosun Commissions 70th Mega Company In Ogun by FFKfuckedBIANCA: 8:00pm On Oct 22, 2015
Aareonakakanfo:
How i just hate all these useless pan-yoruba socio-cultural groups. What stops those good for nothing Afenifere from having economic think tanks that would occassionaly draw developmental blueprints for all the governors in the SW ?

What stops our governors from embarking on joint regional projects? What stops Ogun from having a deep seaport and an Oil refinery at Tongeji Island? Why has Lagos not been able to build a 4th mainland bridge? Why is Ekiti still the way it is? Why cant Lagos-Ibadan express way be a ten lane super higwway with a fast speed railway ? Why? Why ?

5 Likes

Re: Amosun Commissions 70th Mega Company In Ogun by OkutaNla: 8:04pm On Oct 22, 2015
nedu666:

rubbish another osun in the making. I know ur type. u are those be paid 5000. come let me employ u.

Lol. You got jokes punk! Employ me you say? For your mind. This coming from a parasitic lot who hardly ever employ the natives in the non-igbo regions where they make a living. Igbos don't create jobs for others wherever they go or are. Left to you all everyone would be traders like your sorry lot, all choked-up in one of those claustrophobic cubicles you call "shops". In a nutshell you can't give what you ain't got so you can't employ my type. That can only happen in your sick fantasies. cheesy

3 Likes

Re: Amosun Commissions 70th Mega Company In Ogun by FFKfuckedBIANCA: 8:07pm On Oct 22, 2015
OkutaNla:

Lol. You got jokes punk! Employ me you say? For your mind. This coming from a parasitic lot who hardly ever employ the natives in the non-igbo regions where they make a living. Igbos don't create jobs for others wherever they go or are. Left to you all everyone would be traders like your sorry lot, all choked-up in one of those claustrophobic cubicles you call "shops". In a nutshell you can't give what you ain't got so you can't employ my type. That can only happen in your sick fantasies. cheesy
bros abeg ignore that fllathead. Dont respond to him again. Dont let him spoil this thread

5 Likes

Re: Amosun Commissions 70th Mega Company In Ogun by Nobody: 8:09pm On Oct 22, 2015
FFKfuckedBIANCA:
How i just hate all these useless pan-yoruba socio-cultural groups. What stops those uselles Afenifere from having economic think tanks that would occassionaly draw developmental blueprints for all the governors in the SW ?

What stops our governors from embarking on joint regional projects? What stops Ogun from having a deep seaport and an Oil refinery at Tongeji Island? Why has Lagos not been able to build a 4th mainland bridge? Why is Ekiti still the way it is?

Afenifere are just bunch of old comedians.Those old men need to try their luck in stand-up comedy.If PDP wins they keep silent,If PDP loses they start talking about true federalism.As per the emboldened,you might need to read more about DAWN Commission,that's exactly what they do and a lot of good things happening in the south-west could be attributed to them.Those guys are doing a super-brilliant job.I have a lot of their documents too and you can find them on facebook but a lot of Yorubas are not familiar with them

3 Likes

Re: Amosun Commissions 70th Mega Company In Ogun by nedu666: 8:10pm On Oct 22, 2015
OkutaNla:

come let me employ u. u cannot remain idle at ur age. time is running.
Re: Amosun Commissions 70th Mega Company In Ogun by Nobody: 8:12pm On Oct 22, 2015
Abeg you guys should ignore these red mud romanis.When we start responding to every one of their comments,we lose touch of the topic.This topic has nothing to do with Ibo

1 Like

Re: Amosun Commissions 70th Mega Company In Ogun by segend(m): 8:13pm On Oct 22, 2015
Aareonakakanfo:

I hope so, I dont want anything PDP in SW. Not an 100% APC fan, but will prefer KOWA or LP to PDP
Re: Amosun Commissions 70th Mega Company In Ogun by Nobody: 8:14pm On Oct 22, 2015
I think we might have to create a thread specifically for any good news coming out from the south west.

2 Likes

Re: Amosun Commissions 70th Mega Company In Ogun by segend(m): 8:17pm On Oct 22, 2015
Aareonakakanfo:

Afenifere are just bunch of old comedians.Those old men need to try their luck in stand-up comedy.If PDP wins they keep silent,If PDP loses they start talking about true federalism.As per the emboldened,you might need to read more about DAWN Commission,that's exactly what they do and a lot of good things happening in the south-west could be attributed to them.Those guys are doing a super-brilliant job.I have a lot of their documents too and you can find them on facebook but a lot of Yorubas are not familiar with them

Can you enlighten me more about the commission, heard about it before, or better still, how can i get the document?
Re: Amosun Commissions 70th Mega Company In Ogun by Nobody: 8:18pm On Oct 22, 2015
segend:

I hope so, I dont want anything PDP in SW. Not an 100% APC fan, but will prefer KOWA or LP to PDP

grin grin cheesy I'm not even interested in all these APC/PDP nonsense.All i want is true federalism or seccession

4 Likes

Re: Amosun Commissions 70th Mega Company In Ogun by segend(m): 8:21pm On Oct 22, 2015
Aareonakakanfo:

http://dawncommission.org/dawn-roadmap/. I have gotten the website, will read more about them later.
Re: Amosun Commissions 70th Mega Company In Ogun by Nobody: 8:23pm On Oct 22, 2015
segend:

Can you enlighten me more about the commission, heard about it before, or better still, how can i get the document?

Checkout this link

http://www.premiumtimesng.com/docs_download/Regional%20Autonomy%20or%20Nothing%20final%20PDF.pdf

Re: Amosun Commissions 70th Mega Company In Ogun by OkutaNla: 8:24pm On Oct 22, 2015
Btw, I think I'm beginning to appreciate the effect the current financial crises precipitated by the dip in crude prices is having on most states of the federation. I mean, it's triggering a paradigm shift in the thinking of state governors who formerly were over-dependent on monthly allocations from the center -- I guess they grew lazy over time. The focus is now on IGR, which stimulates creativity on the part of the governors who now have to do more to generate more and more revenue to run their states. This will definitely put them under a lot of pressure to be creative, competitive relative to their peers, and ultimately deliver the dividends of good governance.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Why people facing corruption charges are mostly PDP members at the moment / Say Hello To Nigeria’s Dshk 12.7mm Machine Gun- “DUSHKA” / Nigerians This Is man Hugging Atiku Caused U Pains of today

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 91
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.