Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,138 members, 7,811,198 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 06:21 AM

Top 10 Richest Banks In Nigeria - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Top 10 Richest Banks In Nigeria (3091 Views)

Top 10 Richest Men In Nigeria (Photos) / Etisalat Reacts To Take Over By Banks In Nigeria / How To Recharge From Various Banks In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Top 10 Richest Banks In Nigeria by chapatti: 11:33pm On Oct 22, 2015
Richest Banks In Nigeria - Today i have decided to share this post so that Nigerians who are wanting to do business with Nigerian Banks, will know what they are in for. As far as the Nation is concerned, there are about 21 lincensed banks. Well we all should know by now that these Banks became much stronger and beter after the Consolidation of the Banking industry by the Charles Soludu Era as the Governor of the Central Bank of Nigeria.
In this article, i will be outlining the best Banks in Nigreria based on their world Rankings and how rich they are. This will be done based on their total assests they have.

1. Zenith Bank

The Zenith Bank started operations in 1990 and would later go public in 2004. The Zenith bank now has branches in some other countries in Africa and the UK.

World Ranking: 293rd out of world’s first 1000 banksProfit Before Tax PBT): 59 billion
Shareholders Funds: 3 billion
Total Assets: 14 trillion
Gross Earnings:4 billion
Customer Deposits:27 trillion

2. Guaranty Trust Bank

As far as Africa is concerned, GT Bank is one of the largest and best. The company has initially raised $750,000,ooo from an initial public offer from London Stock Exchange and Deutsche Borse.

World Ranking: 415th out of world’s first 1000 banks
Profit Before Tax (PBT): 09 billion;
Shareholders Funds: 35 billion shareholders
Total Assets: 1 trillion
Gross Earnings: N242 billion
Customer Deposits: 44 trillion

3. First Bank
Customer Deposits; N2.57 trillion
Gross Earnings: 44 billion
Total Assets:25 trillion
Shareholders Funds: 71 billion
Profit Before Tax (PBT): 85 billion
World Ranking: 424th biggest bank in the world
For the complete list, click >>> Top 10 Richest Banks In Nigeria
Re: Top 10 Richest Banks In Nigeria by CharlyNick: 11:41pm On Oct 22, 2015
just wanted to see GTbank in Top Three and I think am done with that.
Re: Top 10 Richest Banks In Nigeria by jaymejate: 11:48pm On Oct 22, 2015
Gtbank... My bank, Students bank.... Nigerians Bank
Re: Top 10 Richest Banks In Nigeria by ril19(m): 12:05am On Oct 23, 2015
I rep GT
Re: Top 10 Richest Banks In Nigeria by ultrazone(m): 6:14am On Oct 23, 2015
Cool. GT Repping.
Re: Top 10 Richest Banks In Nigeria by dearestaramide: 10:16am On Oct 23, 2015
This list is fabricated>

first bank is number 1

forget the rub and shine you see in zenith when it comes to capital as well as real banking ,its FIRST BANK.All those banks knoe the truth, i dare them to come on care and state what is fabricated here, dem go hear am from CBN.

Marketing strategy to attract customers,oloshi

(1) (Reply)

First Bank Of Nigeria’s Fixed Deposit Rate 2016 / The Importance Of Safety Signs In The Workplace / Scam Alert! Adam Tijani With The Phone Number, 07011435598, Is A Notorious Thief

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.