Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,037 members, 7,818,066 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 06:34 AM

Bishop T.D. JAKES' Son Jermaine JAKES Arrested for Lewd Behaviour - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Bishop T.D. JAKES' Son Jermaine JAKES Arrested for Lewd Behaviour (86147 Views)

T.D. Jakes Shocked After His Theology Called Into Question Following Gay Remarks / Tyler Perry Lays Hands On Bishop T.D. Jakes, Donates $1 Million To Youth Center / Download & Listen to Inspirational Sermons By Bishop T D Jakes!!!! mp3 format (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Bishop T.D. JAKES' Son Jermaine JAKES Arrested for Lewd Behaviour by Recognise: 7:57pm On May 03, 2009
Jakes' Son Charged With Indecent Exposure
DALLAS (CBS 11 News)

Jermaine Jakes, son of The Potter's House pastor T.D. Jakes, has been arrested and charged with indecent exposure.

[img width=320 height=240]http:///cp9cef[/img] 
   Jermaine JAKES

According to a Dallas Police Department arrest warrant affidavit obtained by CBS 11 News, Jakes exposed himself to two undercover vice detectives at Keist Park on Jan. 3.

The affidavit says Jakes walked up to one of the detectives at the park with his pants unzipped.  Jakes then began to masturbate while making eye contact with the detective, according to the affidavit.

The detectives arrested Jakes on a charge of indecent exposure.

Late Wednesday evening, CBS 11 News received a statement from Faith Johnson, an attorney for Jermaine Jakes.  The statement read:

"We are aware of potential allegations involving Jermaine Jakes and are undertaking our own investigation of these allegations at this time.  Given an apparent government investigation, we have no further comment at this time."

Thursday morning, Dallas County Sheriff's Department spokeswoman Kimberlee Leach said Jermaine Jakes surrendered to law enforcement authorities earlier in the day.  Jakes turned himself in at a local jail, Leach said, but she did not know which jail. 

After his surrender Thursday morning, a judge released Jakes on a personal recognizance bond.

Various reports have identified Jermaine Jakes as the son of T.D. Jakes and also as his step-son.  Faith Johnson, the attorney, told CBS 11 News he was T.D. Jakes' step-son.  But on Thursday afternoon we talked to Curtis Coats III, who is the Chief of Communications for The Potter's House.  Coats said at various times T.D. Jakes has identified Jermaine using both terms, and told us either is acceptable.

for SOURCE: Click here

Below is the text of an arrest warrant affidavit filed by Dallas Police detectives on Jermaine Jakes.

WARNING: The language in the affidavit is graphic and sexual in nature.

"Detective, X a fellow peace officer of the City of Dallas, Dallas County, Texas, who personally participated in the investigation of this alleged offense, providing this information affiant believes to be credible.

[img width=320 height=240]http:///crsx5f[/img]
   Jermaine Jakes, son of Dallas pastor T.D. Jakes,
     arrested on a charge of indecent exposure
     This mug shot is from 2003.

NARRATIVE:

On January 3, 2009, at about 10:10pm, Detectives X, and X, of the Dallas Police Department Vice Unit, were working in an undercover capacity at 2106 W. Kiest Blvd in Dallas, Dallas County, Texas.

Detectives X, and X were conducting an investigation regarding citizen complaints of sexual activity occurring at Kiest Park located at 2106 W. Kiest Blvd. Detectives X and X both parked their vehicles in the parking lot on the east side of the park. Detectives X and X observed suspect Jakes and several other unknown males park their vehicles in the parking lot. Detective X observed suspect Jakes enter the wooded area. Suspect Jakes remained in the wooded area for several minutes.

Detective X and Detective X entered the wooded area. Suspect Jakes walked directly over to where Detective X was, and stood next to Detective X with his penis exposed through his unzipped pants.

Suspect Jakes then began to masturbate his erect penis with his left hand for several seconds while making eye contact with Detective X.  After Detective X made a case, Detective X who was standing nearby in view, was signaled that a case had been made. Suspect Jakes masturbated his erect penis in order to gratify himself and Detective X.

Suspect Jakes made no attempt to conceal his erect penis from Detective X, or any other person who might be offended by his actons. There were people walking and jogging at the park on the jogging trail next to the wooded area during the time of  this offense. Detectives X and X both identified themselves as Dallas Police Officers. Detectives X and X  followed suspect Jakes to his vehicle where a valid Texas Drivers License was obtained for positive identification.

Suspect Jakes was photographed and released pending an at large case filing for Indecent exposure.

Suspect Jakes committed the offense of indecent exposure by exposing his erect penis in a public place with his intent to gratify or arouse the sexual desire of himself. Suspect Jakes was reckless about whether another was present who would be offended or alarmed by his actions. This offense occured in Dallas, Dallas county Texas."

Detectives X and X are undercover vice detectives and males
Re: Bishop T.D. JAKES' Son Jermaine JAKES Arrested for Lewd Behaviour by posakosa(m): 1:48am On May 04, 2009
I didn't know that T.D. Jakes has a step son.

Not sure if I believe this story.
Re: Bishop T.D. JAKES' Son Jermaine JAKES Arrested for Lewd Behaviour by posakosa(m): 2:15am On May 04, 2009
TRUE Story, Old News!
Re: Bishop T.D. JAKES' Son Jermaine JAKES Arrested for Lewd Behaviour by huxley(m): 11:00am On May 04, 2009
I feel for the poor son. He has really been dealt a bad hand to be the son of such a deceitful and exploitative man is reason enough to loose one's composure.
Re: Bishop T.D. JAKES' Son Jermaine JAKES Arrested for Lewd Behaviour by rotimy(m): 2:31pm On May 05, 2009
huxley:

I feel for the poor son. He has really been dealt a bad hand to be the son of such a deceitful and exploitative man is reason enough to loose one's composure.

Mr Huxley, you are reasoning here like a child! You want me to believe that the father is responsible because he is a deceitful and exploitative father? Come on, the guy in question is an adult and I am so sure that his daddy did not ask him to go and masturbate in a public park ! Keep his daddy away from the guy's moral failure.

1 Like

Re: Bishop T.D. JAKES' Son Jermaine JAKES Arrested for Lewd Behaviour by huxley(m): 2:57pm On May 05, 2009
rotimy:

Mr Huxley, you are reasoning here like a child! You want me to believe that the father is responsible because he is a deceitful and exploitative father? Come on, the guy in question is an adult and I am so sure that his daddy did not ask him to go and masturbate in a public park ! Keep his daddy away from the guy's moral failure.

If you read my post carefully, you would see that I was taking a swipe at his dad (you must know by now that I never pass up an oppurtunity to hammer on the pastors/clerics etc). Of course, the son is entire responsible for his acts, but the environment in which he lives might have had a role in not allowing him to lead a life in a more natural manner.
Re: Bishop T.D. JAKES' Son Jermaine JAKES Arrested for Lewd Behaviour by rotimy(m): 1:40pm On May 06, 2009
I disagree. Not all Nigerians that grew up in this nation of corruption that are corrupt. They are saints here despite our corruption infestated enviroment.
Re: Bishop T.D. JAKES' Son Jermaine JAKES Arrested for Lewd Behaviour by duduspace(m): 3:51pm On May 06, 2009
rotimy:

I disagree. Not all Nigerians that grew up in this nation of corruption that are corrupt. They are saints here despite our corruption infestated enviroment.

What exactly do you disagree with? He has already said the "matured" son is entirely responsible for his actions.

Are you

1. Implying that environment and upbringing have no effect in influencing a child's behaviour in adulthood ?

or

2. Just disagreeing because well, you have nothing better to do?

Sorry, I almost fell into the same trap of something I've accused others of on this forum (thinking in binary), feel free to add any other reasons for your disagreement as option 3, then we can take it on from there.
Re: Bishop T.D. JAKES' Son Jermaine JAKES Arrested for Lewd Behaviour by SAINTHUD(m): 8:56pm On Nov 05, 2016
duduspace:

What exactly do you disagree with? He has already said the "matured" son is entirely responsible for his actions.

Are you

1. Implying that environment and upbringing have no effect in influencing a child's behaviour in adulthood ?

or

2. Just disagreeing because well, you have nothing better to do?

Sorry, I almost fell into the same trap of something I've accused others of on this forum (thinking in binary), feel free to add any other reasons for your disagreement as option 3, then we can take it on from there.
. I am disagreeing because yes,his fathers act has nothing to do with him beating his meat at a public park, neither does environmental whatever
Re: Bishop T.D. JAKES' Son Jermaine JAKES Arrested for Lewd Behaviour by Businesslist: 4:14pm On Jul 09, 2021
More Updates Available Here: https://todaysermons.com/jermaine-jakes/
Re: Bishop T.D. JAKES' Son Jermaine JAKES Arrested for Lewd Behaviour by Queenserah26(f): 7:09pm On Jul 09, 2021
Oh my world shocked

(1) (Reply)

Pastor Adewale Giwa On Jack Ma Test Kits: 'Nigeria Should Not Accept Them' / Pastor Ayilara Oluwaseunfunmi: RCBC, RCCG Pastor School, A Demonic Institution / TB Joshua's Prophecy On The US Election 2020

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.