Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,334 members, 7,819,161 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 12:07 PM

MUST HAVE: Updated List Of Requirements In Camp - NYSC - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / NYSC / MUST HAVE: Updated List Of Requirements In Camp (2080 Views)

The Letter A Herbalist Wrote To NYSC To Redeploy A Corper In Camp (Photo) / Slaying In Camp – This Female Corper’s Outfit Got People Talking / "Slay Queens Slaying In Camp" - This Female Corper's Outfit Got People Talking (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

MUST HAVE: Updated List Of Requirements In Camp by eyenibibio(m): 1:03am On Oct 23, 2015
For those who will be joining the NYSC Batch B as corpers, it is pertinent you pay careful consideration to this list as some items have been updated to follow the new scheme of NYSC.

5days to go.....28th October (stream I)
28days to go......25th November (stream II)

Camp Items
1. Documents and Photocopies
2. Call-up letter and Duly Signed Green Card
3. Statement of Result/transcript
4. First degree certificates
5. School ID card
6. Passport photographs

Comments
You won’t be allowed into camp premises
without any of them. Go there with about 12 passports and 6 document photocopies each.

Toiletry Essentials
7. Toothbrush & Toothpaste
8. Bathing soap & Sponge
9. Detergent & Bar Soap
10. Toilet Paper
11. Towel
Others
12. Sanitary Pads & Tampons
13. Shower Caps
14. Bleach
15. Disinfectants
16. Buckets & Bailer
17. Body Cream & Lotion

Its ok to buy buckets and non-essentials at the camp.

Clothing Items
18. White T-shirts
19. White Shorts
20. White tennis shoes
21. White socks
22. Underwear
23. Bed sheets
24. Perfumes/body spray
25. Rubber slippers/flip flops
26. Combs and hair needs
27. Makeup & accessories

• You will be provided with 2 pairs of white T-shirts and shorts in camp but you can take up to 2 pairs along.
• Coloured panties will be too conspicuous under the white tops and bottoms.
• You can take a 2–3 sets of casual wears/mufti for
Sunday and camp fire night.
• 1 pair of shoe and socks is okay. It is good to have a white rubber shoe that is easy to clean (sold at camp also).

Other Recommended Items
28. Torch lights
29. Mosquito nets/mosquito repellent
30. Food flasks, cups, drinking flasks & cutlery
31. Cloth hangers
32. Wrist watch
33. Padlocks and keys
34. Waist pouch
35. Handkerchiefs/face towels/Kleenex
36. Pegs/clips
37. Get a sport watch.

• Every one uses a waist pouch/purse. Its your camp
bestie. Most of these/items can be easily bought in the camp so don’t worry if you cant get them before travelling.

Optional First Aid Items
38. Methylated spirits/ rubbing alcohol
39. Band aids/plasters
40. Robb
41. Bandages
42. Cotton wool
43. Anti-purging pills (flagyl, tetracycline etc.)
44. Anti-malaria pills
45. Inhaler (for those who are asthmatic)

These aren’t necessary except you have
something to treat or known allergies.

Miscellaneous
46. Camera & batteries
47. Writing pads and stationary
48. Novels/Books
49. Pillow
50. Games
51. Mp3/ iPod
52. Eye pads for sleeping & ear plugs
53. Surge protectors /Extensions
54. Glue sticks & stapler

• If you have an internet enabled camera phone, do take it along. Camp life can be very boring without one. You will like to take pictures and share with your friends.
• You only need to be very vigilant and protective of
your things. If you feel you need a bullet proof vest or helmet, please carry it. You know what I mean, don’t you?
55. MONEY, MONEY, AND MORE MONEY.
• Never, ever, ever run out of it. Bring as
much as you can afford, (N8,000 at least), in case u don't have up to that you can go with whatever you can have, but just go with something.
• For the big boys/girls if you don't want to take camp food you will need like 30k(N1000 per day minus other expenses).
• N2000 for pictures, if you are not okay with your phone camera (optional).
• Mirrors, knives and forks are known to be contraband items in camp.
• Prices of items apart from fast consumer
goods (Credit, Gala, Indomie etc) are usually
higher than those outside so it is advisable you buy the things you can before going into camp.

PACK AS LIGHT AS YOU CAN AND MAKE SURE YOUR BOX/BAG IS AS THEFT-PROOF AS POSSIBLE.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: MUST HAVE: Updated List Of Requirements In Camp by Justiyke4u: 5:43am On Oct 23, 2015
Thanks for this info but if I should go with all of these I will be talking about like 3 big bags

2 Likes

Re: MUST HAVE: Updated List Of Requirements In Camp by utenwuson: 7:37am On Oct 23, 2015
my problem is I had an accident n my left hand has scarf I hate. 2 show off! ds mean I hardly wear shorts shirt, jst longs! can I wear longs shirts white on camp? though I av my medical reports!
Re: MUST HAVE: Updated List Of Requirements In Camp by eyenibibio(m): 8:18am On Oct 23, 2015
utenwuson:
my problem is I had an accident n my left hand has scarf I hate. 2 show off! ds mean I hardly wear shorts shirt, jst longs! can I wear longs shirts white on camp? though I av my medical reports!
Yes, you can bro!

(1) (Reply)

Orientation Date Out / All National Association Of Catholic Corps Members / Learn From My Story. Take A Better Path.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.