Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,009 members, 7,863,668 topics. Date: Monday, 17 June 2024 at 10:57 PM

Manchester United Fan Thread: Champions Of England! - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (26) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Manchester United Fan Thread: Champions Of England! (71843 Views)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 / Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion / Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (23) (24) (25) (26) (27) (28) (29) ... (100) (Go Down)

Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Champions Of England! by khanye(m): 6:54pm On May 16, 2009
Congrats wink
See u in rome
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Champions Of England! by Nobody: 7:26pm On May 16, 2009
Congrats Mancs.

Every team plays 38 games.
Every team fields 11 players.
Too bad some don't take their chances.

Lets hope next season, the EPL will be blue.
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Champions Of England! by aieromon(m): 8:04pm On May 16, 2009
i think we should take a break from the premiership and let the other SMALL teams (including the so-called feel-among big three) to slug it out for OUR title.i don't want us to turn the EPL into Ligue 1 ohh grin
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Champions Of England! by Sauron1: 9:35pm On May 16, 2009
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Champions Of England! by aieromon(m): 11:04pm On May 16, 2009
@Sauron
great pics,dude.the 18-spot the difference has already made it to to my laptop wallpaper.
let's make it sweeter on the 27th cool
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Champions Of England! by Sauron1: 11:17pm On May 16, 2009
aieromon:

@Sauron
great pics,dude.the 18-spot the difference has already made it to to my laptop wallpaper.
let's make it sweeter on the 27th cool

There you have it. . . . .
Copy it from here.

Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Champions Of England! by aieromon(m): 12:21am On May 17, 2009
@Sauron
can you post our victory pics @stadio olympico NOW
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Champions Of England! by Phony200(m): 9:14am On May 17, 2009
@aieromon
i thought the time machine was in your garage last time we needed such pictures? Let Sauron have the keys if you can't drive. wink
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Champions Of England! by RuuDie(m): 12:44pm On May 17, 2009
Oh luvly. . . . just luvly. . . . absolutely divine!

Looking 4ward 2 the ROME VICTORY PICS!
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Champions Of England! by A40(m): 1:37pm On May 17, 2009
Congrats to all Mancs!! This is really getting tiring  07,08,09 its a frigging 3peat!! Me thinks Arsenal,Chelsea and Liverpool should put their petty and puny little rivalries aside and focus on how to fight the  greater evil which is the now suffocating dominance of Man Utd in the EPL

~Sauron~:

How come Nani's arrival didn't affect Ronaldo's confidence?
Why wasn't Carrick's confidence affected by Hargreaves/Anderson??
Tevez is a plank. The arrival of a new acquisition should inspire him to play outta his skin.
He is a coward just like Gabriel Heinze when Evra arrived. Argentines are cowards.
Your argument is becoming moribund and redundant are you sincerely comparing two completely different scenarios together? Nani and Ronaldo where actually utilized at different flanks with him replacing Giggs every now and then yes or no?

Was Carrick loaned to y'all? would you compare Carrick's impact in his first season to Tevez's? if you do then i rest ma case.Anderson was actually brought to deputize Scholes am i right or right?

Tevez has actually played out of his skin!! little did you know that despite his limited playing time he is actually your 3rd highest scorer only behind Ronaldo and Rooney

~Sauron~:

Rooney never stops.
I remember Ferguson putting Wazza on the bench against Bolton at OT.
The young lad didn't like the schitzo but he rolled up his sleeves and scored as a substitute to effectively kill off the game.
Tevez should learn from Wazza on how to convince a footie manager.
You are sounding like a broken record again comparing two different scenarios.Was Rooney's position under any threat? he was probably benched because Fergie either needed him to take a breather or because he was fresh from injury very different from Tevez's case
Weren't there games where Tevez came off the bench and scored and still went straight to the bench in the next game? he even got his ass benched after saving y'all from a sticky situation in the Carling Cup scoring 4 against Blackburn

~Sauron~:

Henry was an excellent player for Arsenal but Bergkamp reeks of CLASS.
He was only the Arsenal player i have ever wanted in their 100+ years of existence.
This guy was just amazing in his years. Even when he scored against us, i cheered his goals.
Top bloke.
Never knew you could say something good about any Arsenal player living or dead

~Sauron~:

Yorke won the TREBLE.
Let Henry match that first then you can come back to moi. tongue

Who are you? Daffy Duck?? are you sure you even want to compare individual and collective laurels both players have won?

Henning Berg and Dennis Irwin also won the treble they must be better than Nesta

~Sauron~:

How can you compare Berbassist against Liverpool @ Anfield to Tevez's short cross at the Reebok stadium.
There was nothing in front of Tevez before making that cross.
Berbatov on the other hand was surrounded by 4 Liverpool players and his pass still cut em out and found Tevez.
An assist  is an assist. . . . Stop sensationalizing things

~Sauron~:
Park, Fletcher and Anderson are not first teamers. . . . .
They are all under the umbrella of peripheral.
United's midfield first teamers are. . . . .Ronaldo Carrick Scholes Giggs.
Rooney and Berbatov as strikers while the defence picks itself(Brown Rio Vida Evra).
U copy?
Which one is peripheral again ooh? Why are you making things way more complicated than they really are? i check Manutd.com and i see Fletcher,Park and Anderson in your first team maybe what you should have said is starting 11
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Champions Of England! by eyonigger(m): 1:53pm On May 17, 2009
Did any1 notice Nasria and co having the intention of breaking Evras leg yesterday? I guess that was regarding what he said after the UCL semi second leg.
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Champions Of England! by MrCrackles(m): 1:56pm On May 17, 2009
eyonigger:

Did any1 notice Nasria and co having the intention of breaking Evras leg yesterday? I guess that was regarding what he said after the UCL semi second leg.

Dont be silly, Arsenal players dont go out with the intention of breaking opponent's legs or bones

Arsenal as a club is very professional, promotes and encourages fair play in football and sports in general!
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Champions Of England! by Tmoni(m): 2:18pm On May 17, 2009
How come i have this feeling that Man Utd would be congratulated again next season!!!!!
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Champions Of England! by A40(m): 2:23pm On May 17, 2009
eyonigger:

You are kinda right though! If we did that in the UCL he would not have been so quick to talk about men and boys
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Champions Of England! by eyonigger(m): 2:30pm On May 17, 2009
brashcrackles, You need to watch that match wella, u'll see the full potential they had in breaking or lets fairly say hard-tackling evra, he got frustrated at that moment, and the ref had to take his time to talk to him( Evra) while he frowns face.
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Champions Of England! by MrCrackles(m): 2:32pm On May 17, 2009
eyonigger:

brashcrackles, You need to watch that match wella, u'll see the full potential they had in breaking or lets fairly say hard-tacking evra, he got frustrated at that moment, and the ref had to take his time to talk to him( Evra) while he frowns face.

Na lie, football is a man's game

Expect a few tough tackles here and there but i dont think anyone was trying to break anyone's legs yday!
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Champions Of England! by eyonigger(m): 2:45pm On May 17, 2009
brash, I don hear u.
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Champions Of England! by Sauron1: 3:16pm On May 17, 2009
eyonigger:

You are right. . . . .Cesc, Nasri and RVP targeted Evra because he called em a bunch of babies.
Evra shoulda called em buncha losers.

@ A-40,
First team = Starting XI.
A team in football sense is a group of 11 players. wink

Anderson wasn't bought to deputise for Scholes. SAF has paired em together times without number.
Dwight Yorke scored good goals to help his team win the TREBLE.
Henry was scring 30 goals per season to win the PREMIERSHIP against inferior teams like Bradord, West Brom n Middlesboro. There's a big difference when your goals win titles.
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Champions Of England! by MrCrackles(m): 3:21pm On May 17, 2009
~Sauron~:

You are right. . . . .Cesc, Nasri and RVP targeted Evra because he called em a bunch of babies.
Evra shoulda called em buncha losers.

Dont join the bandwagon of cataracts ridden people!
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Champions Of England! by Sauron1: 3:27pm On May 17, 2009
MrCrackles:

Dont join the bandwagon of cataracts ridden people!

How many GAYnners got a yellow card for fouling Evra??
Evra is not Ronaldo so why hack him so aggressively?
Buncha thugs. . . . . U are lucky the game wasn't a do-or-die matter.
United woulda disgraced y'all again.
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Champions Of England! by MrCrackles(m): 3:32pm On May 17, 2009
~Sauron~:

How many GAYnners got a yellow card for fouling Evra??
Evra is not Ronaldo so why hack him so aggressively?
Buncha thugs. . . . . U are lucky the game wasn't a do-or-die matter.
United woulda disgraced y'all again.

Oh that is your excuse for us not tonking you at home as usual yesterday right?

Because it is not a do or die affair? what a looney you are!

On thursday and friday, you were running your mouth about how Arsenal were gonna get a major dicking and Ferdinand lifting the trophy, didnt u?

Giggs lifted the trophy and you narrowly escaped being lynched at home in front of some thousand glorychasers!!

Get a life, Evra wouldav had his legs broken into into micro and nano cells if Arsenal players had intended it!

We dont condone acts like that in ARSENAL so dont get it twisted tongue
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Champions Of England! by Sauron1: 3:54pm On May 17, 2009
MrCrackles:

Oh that is your excuse for us not tonking you at home as usual yesterday right?
Because it is not a do or die affair? what a looney you are!

We played for what we needed(1 point).
There's a bigger mission to be accomplished.
Why break sweats over a London team that would finish 4th anyways?

MrCrackles:

On thursday and friday, you were running your mouth about how Arsenal were gonna get a major dicking and Ferdinand lifting the trophy, didnt u?
Giggs lifted the trophy and you narrowly escaped being lynched at home in front of some thousand glorychasers!!

Go and change your TV to HDTV. . . . .Neville lifted the trophy, not Giggs. grin

MrCrackles:

Get a life, Evra wouldav had his legs broken into into micro and nano cells if Arsenal players had intended it!We dont condone acts like that in ARSENAL so dont get it twisted tongue

This explains the 80 red cards under Arsene Wenger.
Buncha miscreants who call emselves footballers.
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Champions Of England! by dayokanu(m): 4:08pm On May 17, 2009
Evra told the truth about Assanal players.

A40 would it have been right if he called them a group of ballon D or winner, world class trophyless players.

Once upon a time, Arsenal used to win That was a very long time ago Like the days of Mungo Park grin grin

The last time Assanal won the League Barack Obama was NOT even a Senator.

The last time Arsenal won the league, Pope John Paul was alive.

Once upon a team Arsenal won the league

Like Boys 2 Men said

its 4 seasons of trophylessness sorry Loneliness
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Champions Of England! by MrCrackles(m): 4:12pm On May 17, 2009
dayokanu:

A40 would it have been right if he called them a group of ballon D or winner, world class trophyless players.
Once upon a time, Arsenal used to win That was a very long time ago Like the days of Mungo Park grin grin
Like Boys 2 Men said

Dayokanu, you need to take a break and do something else!

Your are broken and scrapped!

My advice, GET A BOOK TOKEN AND READ SOMETHING WORTHWHILE!
cheesy
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Champions Of England! by dayokanu(m): 4:18pm On May 17, 2009
Brashy Truth hurts tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Champions Of England! by MrCrackles(m): 4:26pm On May 17, 2009
dayokanu:

Brashy Truth hurts tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue

No it doesnt, especially when an isolated goose is seeking attention! grin
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Champions Of England! by A40(m): 5:50pm On May 17, 2009
~Sauron~:

@ A-40,
First team = Starting XI.
A team in football sense is a group of 11 players. wink

Anderson wasn't bought to deputise for Scholes. SAF has paired em together times without number.
Dwight Yorke scored good goals to help his team win the TREBLE.
Henry was scring 30 goals per season to win the PREMIERSHIP against inferior teams like Bradord, West Brom n Middlesboro. There's a big difference when your goals win titles.
Don't be static. . . there is a reason why there is a bench therefore Starting 11 not equals to geez there should be some html code to enable me write that sign First Team

Yes he was!! that they where played together doesn't mean he was not brought to deputize him.Nani was bought as an understudy for Giggs and Anderson for Scholes because he was not sure how many more years them senior citizens had left in the tank

Scored what good goals against who and who?? there you go talking in abstract terms again
There is no member of the big 4 that has not been put to the sword by the Igwe at one time or the other lets not even talk about the UCL

Like Ronaldo did not score goals against Bolton,Portsmouth,Derby and other shyte teams as well abeg all these goals count for 3 pts that would essentially win you league titles

Dwight Yorke cannot sit down where Thierry Henry is seated!! Where has the Arrow been since leaving Utd?? Sunderland!! Henry is on the verge of copping a treble at Barcelona.That's food for thought dawg get a plate grin grin

dayokanu:

Like Boys 2 Men said

Yeah and he almost got crippled for his troubles he would not run his mouth like a motor next time because a season/career ending injury is what would come his way
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Champions Of England! by Sauron1: 6:03pm On May 17, 2009
A-40:

Don't be static. . . there is a reason why there is a bench therefore Starting 11 not equals to geez there should be some html code to enable me write that sign First Team

First team = First XI.
Once you are on the bench, you don't have a claim.

Yes he was!! that they where played together doesn't mean he was not brought to deputize him.Nani was bought as an understudy for Giggs and Anderson for Scholes because he was not sure how many more years them senior citizens had left in the tank

They still have contracts tied till 2011.
Giggs scored important goals for Man Utd this season. . . . .Arsene Wenger should borrow a leaf from Fergie.

Scored what good goals against who and who?? there you go talking in abstract terms again
There is no member of the big 4 that has not been put to the sword by the Igwe at one time or the other lets not even talk about the UCL

Against top European defences. . . . .Not the muppets we have in Europe these days.
Yorke was putting away goals in Nou Camp, Turin, etc.
His partnership with Andy Cole was one of the most feared combo in Europe pre-millennium.

Like Ronaldo did not score goals against Bolton,Portsmouth,Derby and other shyte teams as well abeg all these goals count for 3 pts that would essentially win you league titles

Ronaldo scored goals where it mattered. . . . .To win UCL title, League titles and other domestic cups.
Henry's goals only won domestic titles(2 EPL title). . . .Not even close to Ronaldo's THREE.

Dwight Yorke cannot sit down where Thierry Henry is seated!! Where has the Arrow been since leaving Utd?? Sunderland!! Henry is on the verge of copping a treble at Barcelona.That's food for thought dawg get a plate  grin grin

Says who?? Henry is playing 2nd fiddle at Barcelona and talking about winning the TREBLE, Yorke won that 10 years ago.
Spot the difference??
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Champions Of England! by A40(m): 6:24pm On May 17, 2009
~Sauron~:

First team = First XI.
Once you are on the bench, you don't have a claim.
Wrong again. . Compadre
You could be left on the bench for certain games and against certain opposition that doesn't take away your First team status Starting 11 and First Team are different get that one clear

~Sauron~:

They still have contracts tied till 2011.
Giggs scored important goals for Man Utd this season. . . . .Arsene Wenger should borrow a leaf from Fergie.
There is no rule that says you must play till the expiration of your contract if that was the case there would be no transfers.Comprendes
You are Giggs's number 1 basher and no one said Giggs did not score important goals for y'all

~Sauron~:

Against top European defences. . . . .Not the muppets we have in Europe these days.
Yorke was putting away goals in Nou Camp, Turin, etc.
His partnership with Andy Cole was one of the most feared combo in Europe pre-millennium.
I laugh in Guyanese.Top European defences my pitch-black ass grin what are their goal tallies compared to Henry's i mean combine Mr Yorke and Andy Cole's goal tallies i am sure they don't match Henry's
There are very few Arenas in Europe that the Igwe has not rocked, Bernabeu,San Siro,Stadio Olimpico somebody stop me please!!

~Sauron~:

Ronaldo scored goals where it mattered. . . . .To win UCL title, League titles and other domestic cups.
Henry's goals only won domestic titles(2 EPL title). . . .Not even close to Ronaldo's THREE.
Not everyone would win the UCL mate it takes nothing from Henry's greatness even El phenomeno has not been so lucky with league titles and the UCL

~Sauron~:

Says who?? Henry is playing a 2nd fiddle at Barcelona and talking about winning the TREBLE, Yorke won that 10 years ago.
Spot the difference??
2nd fiddle indeed? I am guessing you missed the El Classico!! he has banged in more goals than Ronaldo this season that should tell you something tongue
Henry is still relevant!! Yorke is not!! that's why one is at Barca and one is staring relegation at Sunderland grin grin
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Champions Of England! by dayokanu(m): 6:30pm On May 17, 2009
There are very few Arenas in Europe that the Igwe has not rocked, Bernabeu,San Siro,Stadio Olimpico somebody stop me please!!

Allianz Arena or Olympicstadion grin grin grin grin cool cool cool cool
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Champions Of England! by Sauron1: 6:42pm On May 17, 2009
A-40:

Wrong again. . Compadre
You could be left on the bench for certain games and against certain opposition that doesn't take away your First team status Starting 11 and First Team are different get that one clear

U don't grab the concept. . . . .When u get home, ask your missus.
A team is made of 11 players. A squad is 11 players plus fuckever they have on the bench.
If you sit on the bench regularly, you are not a first teamer.

There is no rule that says you must play till the expiration of your contract if that was the case there would be no transfers.Comprendes
You are Giggs's number 1 basher and no one said Giggs did not score important goals for y'all

So why did your gaffer sell Vieria, Gilberto and Igwe?
At least we all know why Arsenal haven't won nada since Vieria's exit. grin

I laugh in Guyanese.Top European defences my pitch-black ass grin what are their goal tallies compared to Henry's i mean combine Mr Yorke and Andy Cole's goal tallies i am sure they don't match Henry's

Arsenal was a one-man team when Henry was there. . . . .
This is why he carries the burden of scoring goals for the team.
When Henry failed to play well, Arsenal didn't win games.(UCL final 2006 is a huge indicator)
Dwight Yorke copped the EPL golden boot while he was with United.

Not everyone would win the UCL mate it takes nothing from Henry's greatness even El phenomeno has not been so lucky with league titles and the UCL

Henry played in a club that always qualified for the UCL while he was there.
El Phenomeno did not have that luxury at PSV, Barcelona and Inter Milan.

2nd fiddle indeed? I am guessing you missed the El Classico!! he has banged in more goals than Ronaldo this season that should tell you something tongue

El classico?
Benayoun of Liverpool scored in the Bernabeu, does that make him a world class player?

Henry is still relevant!! Yorke is not!! that's why one is at Barca and one is staring relegation at Sunderland grin grin

Barcelona can do without Henry. . . . .
Man Utd will miss Ronaldo's services and they woulda missed Yorke's services in 1999.
Henry at Barcelona is like Tevez of Man Utd this season.
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Champions Of England! by A40(m): 7:00pm On May 17, 2009
~Sauron~:

U don't grab the concept. . . . .When u get home, ask your missus.
A team is made of 11 players. A squad is 11 players plus fuckever they have on the bench.
If you sit on the bench regularly, you are not a first teamer.
So what would you call the likes of Anderson,Fletcher and Park they might not always be in the Starting XI but the number of appearances they have prove obviously that they are first teamers there is a difference between both terms Starting XI is different from your first team it is the frequency of your appearance that establishes you as a member of a starting XI and anyone with a decent number of appearances can be regarded as a First team player.Comprendes??

~Sauron~:

So why did your gaffer sell Vieria, Gilberto and Igwe?
At least we all know why Arsenal haven't won nada since Vieria's exit. grin
Search me. . I would be lying if i told you i knew the rationale behind those sales

~Sauron~:

Arsenal was a one-man team when Henry was there. . . . .
This is why he carries the burden of scoring goals for the team.
When Henry failed to play well, Arsenal didn't win games.(UCL final 2006 is a huge indicator)
Dwight Yorke copped the EPL golden boot while he was with United.
Which is the more reason why your comparison with him and Yorke is laughable and ludicrous if Dwight Yorke was at Arsenal and Henry at Utd Arsenal would probably relegate

Dwight Yorke has copped the golden boot 1/3rd times after all he shared it with 2 cats.Henry 4 times!!

~Sauron~:

Henry played in a club that always qualified for the UCL while he was there.
El Phenomeno did not have that luxury at PSV, Barcelona and Inter Milan.
Ronaldo has not been too fantastic at club level besides his season at Barcelona there has been nothing much to write about it is even supposed to be a dent in his legacy how can he figure in big clubs like Barcelona,Inter,Real Madrid and PSV and yet fail to make any mark in the UCL oops sorry he did make a mark a hat-tick at OT lol

~Sauron~:

El classico?
Benayoun of Liverpool scored in the Bernabeu, does that make him a world class player?
Henry has scored a total of 4 goals in about 4 appearances at the Bernabeu and a hat-trick at the Stadio Olimpico.Don't just argue or nothing man

~Sauron~:

Barcelona can do without Henry. . . . .
Man Utd will miss Ronaldo's services and they woulda missed Yorke's services in 1999.
Henry at Barcelona is like Tevez of Man Utd this season.
No they can't!! unless you have not been watching the La Liga.Pep Guardiola would aim a kalashnikov rifle at your dome for such asinine statements
No team can do without 26 goals and 11 assists from 42 appearances

Tevez has gotten more goals than your boy-wonder Berba-slug that should tell you something

(1) (2) (3) ... (23) (24) (25) (26) (27) (28) (29) ... (100)

Jose Mourinho Sacked As Chelsea Manager / Arsenal Vs Chelsea : FA Community Shield (1 - 0) On 2nd August 2015 / Manchester United Vs Chelsea (2 - 0) On 16th April 2017

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 89
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.