Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,235 members, 7,818,785 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 03:16 AM

Naija Hip Hop At Its Finest. K16 Feat Taiya Soul. Swagga On Lock - Music/Radio (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / Naija Hip Hop At Its Finest. K16 Feat Taiya Soul. Swagga On Lock (7143 Views)

Naija Hip Hop And Its Emptiness (Stroking The Admiration Of The Shallow Minds) / What Is The True Meaning Of 'swagga' / Sauce Kid (swagga Swagga) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Naija Hip Hop At Its Finest. K16 Feat Taiya Soul. Swagga On Lock by osasp(m): 10:45pm On Jun 01, 2009
no disrespect but this guy is utter rubbish
audio and obinox, maybe you know him or are trying to promote him.

and if i know lala well i know he agrees with me but doesnt want to sound like a hater but c'mon
this guy lacks wordplay, and rhythm.as ibk pointed out, he goes off beat from time to time.
so heres my advice, go into commercial rap, a club beat from say - terry g or k solo or sum1 and a good hook dropper
like timaya should do the trick.keep the rapping minimal and the hooks more aswell as a verse from 'timaya'.

but if you want to go hardcore pfft, nothing for you.what with the likes of M.I(not saying M.I is all that but compared to this guy. . . .) you dont stand the slightest chance atall.
nice hook btw.but bros BADLY needs a ghost writer. . . .that will also record a version for him just so he'll know how to sound on the mic.

Re: Naija Hip Hop At Its Finest. K16 Feat Taiya Soul. Swagga On Lock by audio: 11:02pm On Jun 01, 2009
osasp:

no disrespect but this guy is utter rubbish
audio and obinox, maybe you know him or are trying to promote him.

and if i know lala well i know he agrees with me but doesnt want to sound like a hater but c'mon
this guy lacks wordplay, and rhythm.as ibk pointed out, he goes off beat from time to time.
so heres my advice, go into commercial rap, a club beat from say - terry g or k solo or sum1 and a good hook dropper
like timaya should do the trick.keep the rapping minimal and the hooks more aswell as a verse from 'timaya'.

but if you want to go hardcore pfft, nothing for you.what with the likes of M.I(not saying M.I is all that but compared to this guy. . . .) you dont stand the slightest chance atall.
nice hook btw.but bros BADLY needs a ghost writer. . . .that will also record a version for him just so he'll know how to sound on the mic.

Interesting. , what is your definition of Hardcore as you put it?

You can't compare MI and K16. They don't even have the same style. You can't use a one size fits all in hip hop. It's not how music works. You can't compare Outkast to The Game or Lil wayne to LL Cool J.

MI is into the punchline thing. Kudos to him, that's his style. K16 tells a story with his rhymes. That's his style. Plus, K16 mixes pidgin with english and ibo. MI raps just in English. I could go on and on.

K16 doesn't lack wordplay or go offbeat, his style is just not what your used to.

I don't know the guy, but I'm a fan of his stuff. I still maintain he just needs to get his promotion in gear and hit naija. The masses will then decide. Everybody can't be MI or Mode 9 or Rugged.

This time last year, nobody even knew who MI was, except on the blogs and you should see some of the comments he was getting on AHH.

If he had listened to those guys, well i rest my case.
Re: Naija Hip Hop At Its Finest. K16 Feat Taiya Soul. Swagga On Lock by audio: 10:46am On Jun 05, 2009
Finally saw K16 live last night.

Very initmate gig at the School of Audio Engineering Year End Party and just 2 songs performed, but any doubts Nairaland had put in me were dispelled.

Good live show (and it was totally live, Na wah for you was particularily good to hear live) and a good stage presence. Taiya soul did an accoustic song which was awesome as well.

The guy definitely has my full (no more nairaland doubts) support.

Lalaboi, Tosinaded, et al.
Re: Naija Hip Hop At Its Finest. K16 Feat Taiya Soul. Swagga On Lock by lalaboi(m): 11:00am On Jun 05, 2009
Lol. , .So you had doubts reading ppls comment! lol. . . gud one for you sha. . . . tongue
Re: Naija Hip Hop At Its Finest. K16 Feat Taiya Soul. Swagga On Lock by osasp(m): 9:22pm On Jun 05, 2009
audio:

Interesting. , what is your definition of Hardcore as you put it?

You can't compare MI and K16. They don't even have the same style. You can't use a one size fits all in hip hop. It's not how music works. You can't compare Outkast to The Game or Lil wayne to LL Cool J.

MI is into the punchline thing. Kudos to him, that's his style. K16 tells a story with his rhymes. That's his style. Plus, K16 mixes pidgin with english and ibo. MI raps just in English. I could go on and on.

K16 doesn't lack wordplay or go offbeat, his style is just not what your used to.

I don't know the guy, but I'm a fan of his stuff. I still maintain he just needs to get his promotion in gear and hit naija. The masses will then decide. Everybody can't be MI or Mode 9 or Rugged.

This time last year, nobody even knew who MI was, except on the blogs and you should see some of the comments he was getting on AHH.

If he had listened to those guys, well i rest my case.

what is AHH?
and secondly, since when did rapping offbeat become a 'style'. . . if that guy hits mainstream ill stop listening to music
Re: Naija Hip Hop At Its Finest. K16 Feat Taiya Soul. Swagga On Lock by Nobody: 9:27pm On Jun 05, 2009
osasp:

what is AHH?
and secondly, since when did rapping offbeat become a 'style'. . . if that guy hits mainstream ill stop listening to music
Lmao, one man's poison is another man's meat cheesy
Re: Naija Hip Hop At Its Finest. K16 Feat Taiya Soul. Swagga On Lock by rapjunkie(m): 10:52pm On Jun 05, 2009
osasp:

what is AHH?

If u could afford to buy a CD little boy, then maybe he would care.
Re: Naija Hip Hop At Its Finest. K16 Feat Taiya Soul. Swagga On Lock by osasp(m): 11:08pm On Jun 05, 2009
rapjunkie:

If u could afford to buy a CD little boy, then maybe he would care. 
no need to get offensive
u dont know me i dont know you.
i buy CDs worth listening, not random one hit wonders.
not like he's had any hit neway
that guy wont get on the average persons lips.

k - 16 will never be nominated for any decent award in this industry.

now catch fire *tseww*
Re: Naija Hip Hop At Its Finest. K16 Feat Taiya Soul. Swagga On Lock by MrCrackles(m): 11:10pm On Jun 05, 2009
Topic

Absolute crap! embarassed
Re: Naija Hip Hop At Its Finest. K16 Feat Taiya Soul. Swagga On Lock by Nobody: 11:27pm On Jun 05, 2009
Were the insults really necessary?

Of course not.
Re: Naija Hip Hop At Its Finest. K16 Feat Taiya Soul. Swagga On Lock by audio: 11:31pm On Jun 05, 2009
MrCrackles:

Topic

Absolute crap! embarassed

Mr Crackles, i will be interested in hearing why you think it's crap. Is it the beat, the lyrics, the hook, just want to decipher if you actually know anything about hiphop or if you're hating for hating sake.

osasp:

no need to get offensive
u dont know me i dont know you.
i buy CDs worth listening, not random one hit wonders.
not like he's had any hit neway
that guy wont get on the average persons lips.

k - 16 will never be nominated for any decent award in this industry.

now catch fire *tseww*

Everyone is entitled to their opinion, but please don't change it when he blows like Tosinaded did with MI.

ibkaye:

Of course not.

Ibkaye is right, lets keep it civilized. The guy will blow. I've seen him live now, so i'm totally convinced. When he gets on Radio in naija, the rest will be history.
Re: Naija Hip Hop At Its Finest. K16 Feat Taiya Soul. Swagga On Lock by MrCrackles(m): 11:34pm On Jun 05, 2009
audio:

Mr Crackles, i will be interested in hearing why you think it's crap. Is it the beat, the lyrics, the hook, just want to decipher if you actually know anything about hiphop or if you're hating for hating sake.

I dont hate, you freak!

Everything about the track is piss poor!!

Hip Hop is the streets, I am the streets, so hip hop is ME!

Dont sweat the technique, ask around about me!
Re: Naija Hip Hop At Its Finest. K16 Feat Taiya Soul. Swagga On Lock by rapjunkie(m): 11:35pm On Jun 05, 2009
ibkaye:

Of course not.

What insults?  

i'm innocent of all charges . . . . . . . .
Re: Naija Hip Hop At Its Finest. K16 Feat Taiya Soul. Swagga On Lock by Nobody: 11:39pm On Jun 05, 2009
rapjunkie:

What insults?  

i'm innocent of all charges . . . . . . . .
Ok.

audio:

Everyone is entitled to their opinion, but please don't change it when he blows like Tosinaded did with MI.

Ibkaye is right, lets keep it civilized. The guy will blow. I've seen him live now, so i'm totally convinced. When he gets on Radio in naija, the rest will be history.
Isn't that like, the number one sin in the lands of the nairaland music section lipsrsealed
Re: Naija Hip Hop At Its Finest. K16 Feat Taiya Soul. Swagga On Lock by osasp(m): 11:48pm On Jun 05, 2009
btw
is it me or are people being too defensive about this k16 guy?
person no fit talk again?

or is k16 here undecided
picks up a torch
Re: Naija Hip Hop At Its Finest. K16 Feat Taiya Soul. Swagga On Lock by audio: 11:55pm On Jun 05, 2009
MrCrackles:

I dont hate, you freak!

Everything about the track is piss poor!!

Hip Hop is the streets, I am the streets, so hip hop is ME!

Dont sweat the technique, ask around about me!

I rest my case, Hip hop is the streets, and you are the streets, lol

osasp:

btw
is it me or are people being too defensive about this k16 guy?
person no fit talk again?

or is k16 here  undecided
picks up a torch

Omo, you can say what you like, but then, so can i, does it shock you that he actually has fans? I like real hiphop, not what people are telling me to like. Out of curiosity, who do you think is a good rapper in naija now? MI not included, cause that's always everyones default and secondly, who do you think is better, big daddy kane or kool g rap.
Re: Naija Hip Hop At Its Finest. K16 Feat Taiya Soul. Swagga On Lock by tosinaded(m): 11:28am On Jun 06, 2009
lol grin grin grin
Re: Naija Hip Hop At Its Finest. K16 Feat Taiya Soul. Swagga On Lock by lalaboi(m): 11:38am On Jun 06, 2009
K peeps. . .e don do una . . , ireelevant post will be sent to the bin from now on tongue

keep it cool. . . . .no need to fight. . . .
Re: Naija Hip Hop At Its Finest. K16 Feat Taiya Soul. Swagga On Lock by tosinaded(m): 11:40am On Jun 06, 2009
lalaboi naaa make i yab this morrafucca called fcukjunkie make people see grin
Re: Naija Hip Hop At Its Finest. K16 Feat Taiya Soul. Swagga On Lock by lalaboi(m): 11:49am On Jun 06, 2009
tosinaded@:

lalaboi naaa make i yab this morrafucca called fcukjunkie make people see grin
osasp:

oboy i go vex 4 u o
u no c as d guy attack me 4 no reason?
u no go warn am?

if e no stop me i no go stop o

theres many more where that came from

Haba. . . .E don do. . . .$gerit. . .leave the rest for another day. . .but not on this section sha tongue . . . . .

Tosin u knw say na lik dis u sef dey act wen it comes to saucekid b4 b4 lol. . . .RapJ is just bn a Fanatic lol. . . .

E don do abeg. . . .ABi una want make i prostrate?? lol. . . . Abeg . . . grin
Re: Naija Hip Hop At Its Finest. K16 Feat Taiya Soul. Swagga On Lock by lalaboi(m): 11:49am On Jun 06, 2009
RapJ. . .biko. . . .its enough!
Re: Naija Hip Hop At Its Finest. K16 Feat Taiya Soul. Swagga On Lock by osasp(m): 11:52am On Jun 06, 2009
lalaboi:

Haba. . . .E don do. . . .$gerit. . .leave the rest for another day. . .but not on this section sha tongue . . . . .

Tosin u knw say na lik dis u sef dey act wen it comes to saucekid b4 b4 lol. . . .RapJ is just bn a Fanatic lol. . . .

E don do abeg. . . .ABi una want make i prostrate?? lol. . . . Abeg . . . grin

no shakin
Re: Naija Hip Hop At Its Finest. K16 Feat Taiya Soul. Swagga On Lock by rapjunkie(m): 12:06pm On Jun 06, 2009
@k16 haters

kiss kiss  my ass

una never start sef . . . . . .

jokers
Re: Naija Hip Hop At Its Finest. K16 Feat Taiya Soul. Swagga On Lock by osasp(m): 12:18pm On Jun 06, 2009
lol k 16 is the worst rapper since eedris

swag on lock my ass

with the badly structured website. lipsrsealed
Re: Naija Hip Hop At Its Finest. K16 Feat Taiya Soul. Swagga On Lock by rapjunkie(m): 12:30pm On Jun 06, 2009
osasp:

lol k 16 is the worst rapper since eedris

swag on lock my ass

with the badly structured website. lipsrsealed

haba!! . . . dat bad?  grin

i know ur a closet k16 fan. . . even went to his website huh? . . . looking for free downloads again? . . . .send me your email . . . i'll hook u up

grin

there is no shame  . . . . be yourself . . . .  .  grin
Re: Naija Hip Hop At Its Finest. K16 Feat Taiya Soul. Swagga On Lock by osasp(m): 12:39pm On Jun 06, 2009
pfft hu dey follow u smile. undecided

na im type dem dey do closet fan 4?

dat aint jack shit
Re: Naija Hip Hop At Its Finest. K16 Feat Taiya Soul. Swagga On Lock by rapjunkie(m): 12:50pm On Jun 06, 2009
make i no smile again . . .  . . . . ,  . . . .   e dey pain u?

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin  grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Naija Hip Hop At Its Finest. K16 Feat Taiya Soul. Swagga On Lock by osasp(m): 12:58pm On Jun 06, 2009
no be u get your mouse
click away!!

my own b say k 16 na rubbish.to think he even has a website sef.
das like sky b having a website.

person never hammer e don dey get website.
undecided boys sef. . .
Re: Naija Hip Hop At Its Finest. K16 Feat Taiya Soul. Swagga On Lock by rapjunkie(m): 1:10pm On Jun 06, 2009
kiss my black ass

the fact u spend so much time promoting k16 on NL shows how much u hate him.

thanks 4 ur support

u dont get it . . . do u?
Re: Naija Hip Hop At Its Finest. K16 Feat Taiya Soul. Swagga On Lock by osasp(m): 1:28pm On Jun 06, 2009
rapjunkie:

kiss my black ass

the fact u spend so much time promoting k16 on NL shows how much u hate him.

thanks 4 ur support

u dont get it . . . do u?

no i dont
i dont h8 him. im just stressin out my opinion
since it makes u go mad when some1 speaks their mind about an artiste
that way, u can explode in anger
if u r k 16 my guy just keep ur HMV job abeg. music is not forte atall.
Re: Naija Hip Hop At Its Finest. K16 Feat Taiya Soul. Swagga On Lock by rapjunkie(m): 1:41pm On Jun 06, 2009
speak ur mind . . . . . . . nothing spoil . . . . if you can give it then u should be able to take it without crying to lalaboi to warn rapjunkie

speak ur mind . . . . . . . . you hear ?
Re: Naija Hip Hop At Its Finest. K16 Feat Taiya Soul. Swagga On Lock by osasp(m): 1:49pm On Jun 06, 2009
well na u know
i dont intend to stop blaizing you with insults
like i said. stick to your day job and get some1 decent to do you a website.

ive got cool layouts i can giv u for free to improve your site cos that thin is horrible.
and talent wise, u need to step up ur game badly

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Whitney Houston Ft Akon - Like I Never Left / Vote for 2face Idibia as Best African (MTV Europe Music Awards 2005) / Lagbaja Never Far Away Instrumentals

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.